Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-19-17, 04:29 PM
All Region

Champ Kind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal WhoDey View Post
I'm from Marion as well(I was in school while he was head coach), and ru4ml is correct. Where are you from that you would know?

That doesn’t mean you know what happened. Nice try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-17, 05:18 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It sure sounds like a great offer that Nate Moore just got. I think he's ready to run an FCS program.

Who do you guys think that the Tigers will get to replace him ?
Well wherever coach Moore is next year I wish him well.

It's too bad a very good young coach and a great guy has to put up with the BS that comes from that cancerous Massillon site.
Old 10-19-17, 05:27 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
He has 2 players in the NFL and countless players playing D1. He has tons of kids right now that hold D1 offers. There are tons of schools in Cincinnati that would love to have half the talent he has. Yet, they have never advanced in the region and have consistently underperformed. West will be good once he leaves if they make a good hire.
Tons of kids that hold offers? Name them.
Old 10-20-17, 04:23 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
DB 04, please stop sending me private messages. I get more of your opinions than I am interested in reading already. Thanks.
Old 10-20-17, 04:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Well wherever coach Moore is next year I wish him well.

It's too bad a very good young coach and a great guy has to put up with the BS that comes from that cancerous Massillon site.
He and his wife are pretty well paid by the Massillon taxpayers. I don't feel sorry for him.
Old 10-20-17, 09:08 AM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, look at you passing up an opportunity to take a shot at the Massillon fans.

#growth
Old 10-20-17, 09:20 AM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Tons of kids that hold offers? Name them.
Xavier Peters, Tyler Bentley, Steven Faucheux are all big time recruits and there are several underclassmen that are getting offers as well.
Old 10-20-17, 09:52 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Xavier Peters, Tyler Bentley, Steven Faucheux are all big time recruits and there are several underclassmen that are getting offers as well.
Wow, 3 guys, you are so right, tons of talent! I would seriously love to know all the tons with D-1 offers as you said. I doubt there are ANY underclassmen getting OFFERS. May a coach look at them, yes, they do that when they are already in the building looking at the big 2 UK commits. The talent simply isn't there. You are confusing OFFERS with mail, lots of kids get mail, almost the entire team does. You are also confusing D1 Offers. The odds of receiving a Division 1 OFFER is well under 1% of all high school football players, so your claim of TONS of players with offers is quite false and simply a pipe dream of the convoluted delusions that are rampant at Lakota West.

There are not tons of players with offers, let alone underclassmen.
Old 10-20-17, 04:42 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Wow, 3 guys, you are so right, tons of talent! I would seriously love to know all the tons with D-1 offers as you said. I doubt there are ANY underclassmen getting OFFERS. May a coach look at them, yes, they do that when they are already in the building looking at the big 2 UK commits. The talent simply isn't there. You are confusing OFFERS with mail, lots of kids get mail, almost the entire team does. You are also confusing D1 Offers. The odds of receiving a Division 1 OFFER is well under 1% of all high school football players, so your claim of TONS of players with offers is quite false and simply a pipe dream of the convoluted delusions that are rampant at Lakota West.

There are not tons of players with offers, let alone underclassmen.
Cannot disagree with you more, for a team with such a poor record to have 3 D1 scholarship players, you have to expect more. I will give Coach Cox credit, he does work for these kids scholarships but there has to be better play on the field. Last year, the freshman team was strong. This year many of them are playing but they have no confidence in Cox's offense. I will say that the parents think he is staying due to his longevity in the district. It is too bad.
Old 10-21-17, 09:36 AM
Varsity

ru4ml is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Champ Kind;6876193]That doesn’t mean you know what happened. Nice try.

So answer us where are/were you from that you seem to know more than a couple guys that had inside info on him....Like I said he was not a good coach and his actions out in public were far worse. Bad representative of Marion Local....Yes I had heard he was at state games after he was " let go " and he was bragging that Goodwin was winning off of what he had started - what a joke...
Old 10-22-17, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Wow, look at you passing up an opportunity to take a shot at the Massillon fans.

#growth
It would seem that "that cancerous Massillon site" has made some dramatic improvements recently......well, at least one.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Solon coach should be fired.
Massillon fired heff

#growth

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 10-22-17 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-22-17, 10:32 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Old 10-22-17, 10:40 AM
All Region

[QUOTE=ru4ml;6878744]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
That doesn’t mean you know what happened. Nice try.

So answer us where are/were you from that you seem to know more than a couple guys that had inside info on him....Like I said he was not a good coach and his actions out in public were far worse. Bad representative of Marion Local....Yes I had heard he was at state games after he was " let go " and he was bragging that Goodwin was winning off of what he had started - what a joke...

Goodwin did walk into a great situation. He would’ve been successful anyway but Coach Cramer laid the foundation.

Not that it matters, but I am originally from the Chickasaw area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-17, 08:39 AM
Freshman

JustAFan1971 is on a distinguished road
Whats the word on jobs in Cincy and Tri-state areas? Who is out? Who will be suggested for the job? Who is the next HC to come in and turn around a program?
Old 10-25-17, 08:50 AM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
If Cox is not renewed, LW will have well over 100 applicants for the job, most of whom with head coaching experience. Great district, well paid, good amount of talent.
Old 10-25-17, 08:54 AM
Freshman

JustAFan1971 is on a distinguished road
If that does happen, I think we will see a lot of movement from D1-D4 teams with people moving up and down the ladder. Could be a really interesting Winter.
Old 10-25-17, 11:19 AM
All District

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
I did not live in Maria Stein during Coach Cramer's two-year tenure at Marion. However, I have yet to hear a positive word about him.

A Flyer who played under the man stated that he seriously questioned Cramer's morals and would have likely quit the program had Cramer stayed.

Although Mr. Cramer, in all likelihood, laid no foundation for Marion's future success, the school is lucky he came along when he did, for right as he was heading out the door in '99, a 27-year-old Tim Goodwin was looking for a hc opening in the western part of the state.

Marion went from 3-7 under Cramer to 10-4 (lost in state semis to eventual champ DSJ) in Goodwin's first year.
Old 10-25-17, 12:04 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAFan1971 View Post
Whats the word on jobs in Cincy and Tri-state areas? Who is out? Who will be suggested for the job? Who is the next HC to come in and turn around a program?
In the GMC:
Larry Cox at Lakota West has a pretty good case built against him returning. However he has put out similar seasons before and seemed no worse for the wear. They've underachieved overall during his tenure-which is actually the entire history of the program.

I think everyone else is safe as they either had good seasons (several playoff berths in the league) or are still fairly fresh on the job so expectations are kind of low. Murphy at Hamilton may have a little bit of a warm seat but I don't see him being terminated.

GCL

Barring a strong playoff run, I could see Rodenberg at Moeller getting his walking papers. Maybe LaSalle can retain their coach for two consecutive years? If Moeller is in the coaching market I gotta believe McLaughin is on their initial wish list. Specht and Ramsey stay at their respective schools as long as they wish IMHO.

The smaller programs may have some turnover. Bacon and Purcell have indefinite uphill battles on their hands.

ECC

Has the shine rubbed off from the state championship trophy in Loveland's case? Cranford had an amazing first year and things have slipped for the worse in each successive year overall. I think he is back next year.

There will certainly be a lot of turnover all over town as coaches decide to step down/away from the game, take positions at bigger programs etc.

So far I don't know of anyone who has officially been told they aren't coming back.
Old 10-25-17, 12:21 PM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOballer View Post
Walsh Jesuit?
Hire Larlham
Old 10-25-17, 12:24 PM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
In the GMC:
Larry Cox at Lakota West has a pretty good case built against him returning. However he has put out similar seasons before and seemed no worse for the wear. They've underachieved overall during his tenure-which is actually the entire history of the program.

I think everyone else is safe as they either had good seasons (several playoff berths in the league) or are still fairly fresh on the job so expectations are kind of low. Murphy at Hamilton may have a little bit of a warm seat but I don't see him being terminated.

GCL

Barring a strong playoff run, I could see Rodenberg at Moeller getting his walking papers. Maybe LaSalle can retain their coach for two consecutive years? If Moeller is in the coaching market I gotta believe McLaughin is on their initial wish list. Specht and Ramsey stay at their respective schools as long as they wish IMHO.

The smaller programs may have some turnover. Bacon and Purcell have indefinite uphill battles on their hands.

ECC

Has the shine rubbed off from the state championship trophy in Loveland's case? Cranford had an amazing first year and things have slipped for the worse in each successive year overall. I think he is back next year.

There will certainly be a lot of turnover all over town as coaches decide to step down/away from the game, take positions at bigger programs etc.

So far I don't know of anyone who has officially been told they aren't coming back.
How long until Crouch is mentioned for Lakota West if it opens? Beauchamp will be in the mix there as well.

Hamilton will be interesting. Is it time for Mahon to jump ship again, or does he like it at Little Miami?

If Rodenberg leaves, McLaughlin will be hired, nuff said.

Cranford will get another year because the assistant AD, who used to be on his staff, will be taking over the AD spot. Also, Loveland is a couple possessions away from having a much better record then 1-8. Team could be very good next season.
Old 10-25-17, 12:55 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
How long until Crouch is mentioned for Lakota West if it opens? Beauchamp will be in the mix there as well.

Hamilton will be interesting. Is it time for Mahon to jump ship again, or does he like it at Little Miami?

If Rodenberg leaves, McLaughlin will be hired, nuff said.

Cranford will get another year because the assistant AD, who used to be on his staff, will be taking over the AD spot. Also, Loveland is a couple possessions away from having a much better record then 1-8. Team could be very good next season.
Mahon is a wildcard. I think he got a pretty good full time gig in Little Miami but I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps to something else. Especially if a big school job opens up.

Cranford will be there if he wants because of the new AD but I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down.

I think a ton of people apply for West if it opens up. So much potential there.

I am sure there will be more openings and even a few surprises once the season ends.
Old 10-25-17, 01:55 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
DB 04, please stop sending me private messages. I get more of your opinions than I am interested in reading already. Thanks.
Just telling you some facts about coach Fox.
Old 10-25-17, 01:56 PM
All Region

Revere might be looking for a new h we coach.
Old 10-25-17, 01:56 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Will this be the year the Aiken coach finally gets out? He applies at every opening
Old 10-25-17, 01:57 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash mouth 34 View Post
Hire Larlham
Why would he drop everything and go back to Walsh? He’s doing a solid job at CVCA.
Old 10-25-17, 01:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
No
Old 10-25-17, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Yes solon coach totally underperforming, coach fox should be fired too.
Old 10-25-17, 06:07 PM
Freshman

kjp83 is on a distinguished road
Lake Catholic
Old 10-25-17, 06:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post
I did not live in Maria Stein during Coach Cramer's two-year tenure at Marion. However, I have yet to hear a positive word about him.

A Flyer who played under the man stated that he seriously questioned Cramer's morals and would have likely quit the program had Cramer stayed.

Although Mr. Cramer, in all likelihood, laid no foundation for Marion's future success, the school is lucky he came along when he did, for right as he was heading out the door in '99, a 27-year-old Tim Goodwin was looking for a hc opening in the western part of the state.

Marion went from 3-7 under Cramer to 10-4 (lost in state semis to eventual champ DSJ) in Goodwin's first year.
Walked into the goldmine that Coach Cramer had set up for him. Tim would have built the program up himself but his success was accelerated by Coach Cramer's work.
Old 10-25-17, 06:31 PM
Freshman

ER8868 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Good to know! I was just throwing ideas out there
Is it official that they are looking for a head coach? I am aware of the struggles but have not seen where it is official.