Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-14-17, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordodox View Post
Wow. Put your magnifying glass away Cabeza. You're the doofus here. Perfect example just tonight - 4th and 4 from your 34 with around 3 minutes remaining in the half tied at 14. Do you punt? Not Fox - and GOD knows how many times he's put his team in this position over the years! CFalls holds and runs it down your throat to take a 20-14 halftime lead. Smart? Somehow, I just don't think so.

Fox KNEW coming in he had a talented group of eight and ninth graders that might just have the potential to carry him deep into a playoff run later. Murray's senior year was what put him over the top. He should have been starting or seeing playing time his junior year, instead, he was getting creamed in JV games as a junior. Fox didn't see it, others did.

Finally, I've seen PLENTY of his sideline antics with total losses of composure and classless disrespect to players, the game, and opponents. Refs know darn well just what to expect.

Dad's retired and no help on offense. Russ, another loose cannon on the field, with no respect for the game, and neither of them seemed to be able to teach any of their young men simple tackling basics these past few years. Russ is exactly where he belongs, with another nut in Euclid. Fox - he might be better off working an east side program he grew up in. Time to move in - this program deserves better.

Crazy as it might seem, Brian is FINALLY right, coaching sucks! I wholeheartedly agree with Knights123 - time for him to go.
David Murray started every single game his junior year, as far as I know. WTH are you even talking about ? You are not making any sense at all on that topic. You sound like a fool.

I often do not like the refusal to punt, in each isolated instance. Fox is a math teacher and a numbers guy. A lot of the numbers support going for on fourth down IF your offense can handle the task, especially if your defense is suspect. Were you worried about beating Falls yesterday ?

Situationally, yes, that was a bad call there in that moment, but it should be obvious to you that he is looking ahead to next year in that teachable moment. He wants them to be comfortable going for it. Levak is a Jr and a good athlete. I'm sure he can punt. There were many times against quality opponents in which Murray set up to try and draw a defense offsides, stepped back and pooch punted with no cover guy back and won the field position gambit. Fox will do that with Levak when it matters. I think the boys may need to work harder at selling the attempt to gain better, though. There were times in which it seemed to obvious that they weren't actually going in the last few years.
Old 10-14-17, 10:46 PM
All District

nordodox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
David Murray started every single game his junior year, as far as I know. WTH are you even talking about ? You are not making any sense at all on that topic. You sound like a fool.

I often do not like the refusal to punt, in each isolated instance. Fox is a math teacher and a numbers guy. A lot of the numbers support going for on fourth down IF your offense can handle the task, especially if your defense is suspect. Were you worried about beating Falls yesterday ?

Situationally, yes, that was a bad call there in that moment, but it should be obvious to you that he is looking ahead to next year in that teachable moment. He wants them to be comfortable going for it. Levak is a Jr and a good athlete. I'm sure he can punt. There were many times against quality opponents in which Murray set up to try and draw a defense offsides, stepped back and pooch punted with no cover guy back and won the field position gambit. Fox will do that with Levak when it matters. I think the boys may need to work harder at selling the attempt to gain better, though. There were times in which it seemed to obvious that they weren't actually going in the last few years.
I'm a fool to consider he landed into a fair amount of riches with respect to talent when he showed up here.

Your explanation for his next year teachable moments are laughable. Selling attempts on fourth down in your own territory are not good mathematical choices - math geniuses know better.

Sorry. I missed your thoughts regarding his on field behaviors?

123 is a doofus and I'm a fool. But keilbasadecaballo, you might better be described as being on the other end of the horse and a prime candidate to replace a legend as the village idiot.
Old 10-15-17, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm a fool to consider he landed into a fair amount of riches with respect to talent when he showed up here.

No one denied that^, and everyone hopes to do that. They fired/demoted Huge and hired Fox because they wanted him to maximize the talent. He lost in the championship to the most stacked team in greater Cincinnati. I plainly told you why you are a fool. Backread.

Your explanation for his next year teachable moments are laughable. Selling attempts on fourth down in your own territory are not good mathematical choices - math geniuses know better.

Again, backread, fool. He did not care what happened there in terms of the final score. He wanted the boys to make it and thus become comfortable doing so. He knew they would beat Falls. It was a chance to tinker. I'm sorry that I didn't write separate paragraphs and completely spell out the difference between general mathematical probability and specific "sacrificial" situations in which one might make an otherwise foolish gamble in an attempt to teach a specific behavior, but I'll be honest here - if you can't follow that, you don't matter. You're just a hater looking for ammo evidently.

Sorry. I missed your thoughts regarding his on field behaviors?

Not a fan.

123 is a doofus and I'm a fool. But keilbasadecaballo, you might better be described as being on the other end of the horse and a prime candidate to replace a legend as the village idiot.
Mine above^, bolded.

And by the way, fool, you just called me a "sausage of the horse". Why don't you go find a pasture and have one.
Old 10-16-17, 07:30 AM
All Region

jtigerjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It sure sounds like a great offer that Nate Moore just got. I think he's ready to run an FCS program.

Who do you guys think that the Tigers will get to replace him ?
Knew someone would throw that in. We have been trying to keep that a secret.
Old 10-16-17, 07:57 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
So true. If they ever get a competent coach there the Colerain stranglehold on the GMC will finally fall.
No, no it won't. People in Lakota land are CLUELESS. Cox is is a decent coach, Lakota West in the 20 years he has been there, is wins more than they lose. It's a public school people, without open enrollment, you are stuck with the players you have. Cox has adapted his schemes to players and the evolution of football. They are generally very fundamentally sound, he gets his players to play at the next level, and he has made multiple playoff appearances. The grass is not always greener on the other side, and when the Crazy Mercedes driving parents at West drive him off, you will find out real quick how good you had it. Ask your neighbors up North at Centerville about running off a long time coach that "wasn't getting it done" turned out for them. West has been more successful in GMC than everyone in GMC other than Colerain & Sycamore in past 10+ years, so don't be so down on a bad season here and there. You guys could find yourselves in the land of awful like Oak Hills, Hamilton, Middletown, or just about any other High School in Butler County. Count your blessings and ride the out the bad seasons and celebrate the good.
Old 10-16-17, 10:27 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
There is a reason why Cox has the nickname "the great equalizer" among Cincy area coaches, the man has had a ton of talent with nothing to show for it.
Old 10-16-17, 04:29 PM
All Yappi

Coach Cox.....

I really enjoyed the story of Colerain's #1 fan, LCD, standing behind Cox's bench and screaming his special cheer for him.

RIP, LCD
Old 10-16-17, 05:20 PM
Varsity

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
New High School - Olentangy Berlin
Old 10-16-17, 05:44 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
No, no it won't. People in Lakota land are CLUELESS. Cox is is a decent coach, Lakota West in the 20 years he has been there, is wins more than they lose. It's a public school people, without open enrollment, you are stuck with the players you have. Cox has adapted his schemes to players and the evolution of football. They are generally very fundamentally sound, he gets his players to play at the next level, and he has made multiple playoff appearances. The grass is not always greener on the other side, and when the Crazy Mercedes driving parents at West drive him off, you will find out real quick how good you had it. Ask your neighbors up North at Centerville about running off a long time coach that "wasn't getting it done" turned out for them. West has been more successful in GMC than everyone in GMC other than Colerain & Sycamore in past 10+ years, so don't be so down on a bad season here and there. You guys could find yourselves in the land of awful like Oak Hills, Hamilton, Middletown, or just about any other High School in Butler County. Count your blessings and ride the out the bad seasons and celebrate the good.
Lakota has open enrollment. Cox is done
Old 10-17-17, 03:20 PM
All District

nordodox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mine above^, bolded.

And by the way, fool, you just called me a "sausage of the horse
Precisely - AND - kielbasadecaballo sounds better. A moderator might have busted me otherwise.
Old 10-17-17, 03:31 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
Lakota has open enrollment. Cox is done
I stand corrected on the open enrollment. My apologies. Good luck if Cox is fired, there isn't as much talent at either Lakota as the unrealistic parents think there is. Cox will make another school very happy, it makes complete sense to fire a coach who took the bottom seed playoff team to the 3rd round of the playoffs. More schools should do this.
Old 10-17-17, 04:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Precisely - AND - kielbasadecaballo sounds better. A moderator might have busted me otherwise.
Hey, your phone is getting a good signal from that pasture. Brief post, though........I guess you were eager to get back to "business".....
Old 10-17-17, 04:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I stand corrected on the open enrollment. My apologies. Good luck if Cox is fired, there isn't as much talent at either Lakota as the unrealistic parents think there is. Cox will make another school very happy, it makes complete sense to fire a coach who took the bottom seed playoff team to the 3rd round of the playoffs. More schools should do this.
Parts of Twinsburg celebrated when they got Solis fired, and then before too long, Olentangy celebrated.....
Old 10-17-17, 06:34 PM
All District

The Lakota players asked Coach Cox to find someone else to call the plays after the East game. That did not go over very well with the Coach because he was the one that calls the plays. He is done.

Last edited by BASESWIMPARENT; 10-17-17 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-18-17, 08:42 AM
Junior Varsity

Rahiem is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
How old would he be now? Versailles would need a coach for the long haul not just 2 years. Don't know anything about coach Cramer, his coaching style, or his offensive philosophy so I can't comment on any of that.

I think John Zerbe, former Spencerville coach, would be a decent candidate. He stepped down there after last season to focus on being A.D. Would Brad Luthman consider returning to his Alma Mater? Just pondering ideas.
Zerbe's wife is a guidance counselor at Spencerville too, so there would have to be a position for her too. I know him well and i have more than a good feeling that he wont be a head coach anywhere else except Elida (his alma mater) and Bill Speller's not leaving anytime soon there. John is truly enjoying being the AD
Old 10-18-17, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Niles
niles
niles
Old 10-18-17, 09:18 AM
All Region

CMxFalcons is on a distinguished road
There's a few jobs listed... any candidates for them?
Old 10-18-17, 04:09 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahiem View Post
Zerbe's wife is a guidance counselor at Spencerville too, so there would have to be a position for her too. I know him well and i have more than a good feeling that he wont be a head coach anywhere else except Elida (his alma mater) and Bill Speller's not leaving anytime soon there. John is truly enjoying being the AD
Good to know! I was just throwing ideas out there
Old 10-18-17, 04:51 PM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It sure sounds like a great offer that Nate Moore just got. I think he's ready to run an FCS program.

Who do you guys think that the Tigers will get to replace him ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
What offer did he get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtigerjoe View Post
Knew someone would throw that in. We have been trying to keep that a secret.
I'd be curious about that too. Did he really get an FCS offer? If so, is it tied to a player going to that school too? I wouldn't think his Tiger WL record has served as a springboard to an FCS job but I guess you never know.

================================================

Quote:
... you just called me a "sausage of the horse". Why don't you go find a pasture and have one.
Not taking sides on your Nordonia coaching dispute, just wanted to say that was one of the funniest retorts I have ever seen on Yappi. Haven't laughed so hard at a Yappi post since FWK was still around. The post about cell reception was pretty funny too!

Last edited by Cali_Eagle; 10-18-17 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-18-17, 06:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Publican is on a distinguished road
Lake Catholic might be about ready for a change.
Old 10-18-17, 07:13 PM
All Ohio

middiemagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
The Lakota players asked Coach Cox to find someone else to call the plays after the East game. That did not go over very well with the Coach because he was the one that calls the plays. He is done.
It isnít always the coachís fault that a team has a bad season. In Middletown we are always looking for coaches because the community has unrealistic expectations year in and year out. From what I understand West is using a lot of sophomores this year. Thatís tough for any coach to win under those circumstances. After watching last weeks game West looks to be on the right track. Their kids played hard and took it to us from the beginning. Again, I can tell you that blaming the coach is an easy answer for people who arenít looking at the whole picture. People complain about our guy, but I think heís done as much as anyone can do. You might want to be patient.
Old 10-18-17, 07:33 PM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Niles
niles
niles
Niles
Niles
Niles
Old 10-18-17, 08:17 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by middiemagic View Post
It isn’t always the coach’s fault that a team has a bad season. In Middletown we are always looking for coaches because the community has unrealistic expectations year in and year out. From what I understand West is using a lot of sophomores this year. That’s tough for any coach to win under those circumstances. After watching last weeks game West looks to be on the right track. Their kids played hard and took it to us from the beginning. Again, I can tell you that blaming the coach is an easy answer for people who aren’t looking at the whole picture. People complain about our guy, but I think he’s done as much as anyone can do. You might want to be patient.
It is not one season. It is season after season of a team not reaching its potential. He wants to stay until these 10th graders are seniors. It is their worst nightmare. Middletown has systemic problems that go well beyond the coaching staff. I respect the Middies. Lord knows they kicked our butts when I played but LW has so much more potential even now than what they are showing. If Cox is kept on some of the 10th graders will stop playing and focus on their other sports.

Last edited by BASESWIMPARENT; 10-18-17 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-19-17, 08:53 AM
Freshman

JustAFan1971 is on a distinguished road
If LC is out at LW then who is the top candidate for this job?
Old 10-19-17, 11:30 AM
Varsity

ru4ml is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
They should consider Mike Cramer. He was instrumental in building the Marion Local foundation that Tim Goodwin leveraged to several state titles. Coach Cramer also has coaching experience at Ottawa-Glandorf, Fostoria, Clyde, and National Trail.
Are you kidding me,, what was he instrumental in doing besides doing a heck of a sales job on the school board.....
Old 10-19-17, 11:37 AM
Varsity

ru4ml is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Stupidly, yes. He made some tough decisions that needed to be made. They didnít like it but it laid the foundation for the dynasty theyíve experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No he was run out of town because he couldn't coach and because of his actions at some of the local wet spots on the weekend... Not sure what tough
decisions you are referring to here but the only thing he really accomplished
was an effort to get the kids in the weight room which had slipped under his predecessor. My son played two years for him and said he was just ok for a coach but had a really bad obnoxious personality. Was no comparison to Goodwin who he only got to play a year for. If I weren't mistaken I would think you may be Mike himself???
Old 10-19-17, 11:50 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight123 View Post
Your right don't post much on here so I didn't complain while he won but don't you think I liked him much then either. He lost more than a couple games with his gimmick no punt philosophy. Again thread asked about schools needing a change. I gave my opinion. The kids don't identify with him. I don't think he is a good coach again my opinion. Didn't insult him, maybe I insulted Huge calling that time a train wreck but I like Al he just isn't a manager. I can see from your respect comments and your ego around you don't care what I'm dealing with so have fun with your return on this. I'm done. I love yappi to read because there is tremendous folks on here super intelligent about the game. Been to almost 200 different teams now and met some of the Yappi legends. Then every once in a while I post and get wrapped up in idiots like you
Iíve seen Fox get outcoached in games they should of won by 2 or more TDs. He is not liked by local coaching staffs and is as arrogant can be be. The scrimage brawls are embarrassing. He always blames the other staff when it happens. Heís the one that should of stopped it from escalating. He will be replaced soon.

You can be arrogant, talk big game, and win games with superior talent, but walk the walk for once when things arenít going your way.
Old 10-19-17, 11:59 AM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He has 2 players in the NFL and countless players playing D1. He has tons of kids right now that hold D1 offers. There are tons of schools in Cincinnati that would love to have half the talent he has. Yet, they have never advanced in the region and have consistently underperformed. West will be good once he leaves if they make a good hire.
Old 10-19-17, 04:23 PM
All Region

Champ Kind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4ml View Post
No he was run out of town because he couldn't coach and because of his actions at some of the local wet spots on the weekend... Not sure what tough

decisions you are referring to here but the only thing he really accomplished

was an effort to get the kids in the weight room which had slipped under his predecessor. My son played two years for him and said he was just ok for a coach but had a really bad obnoxious personality. Was no comparison to Goodwin who he only got to play a year for. If I weren't mistaken I would think you may be Mike himself???
I doubt you know much about what happened to Coach Cramer. It certainly wasnít for poor coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-17, 04:27 PM
All District

Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I doubt you know much about what happened to Coach Cramer. It certainly wasnít for poor coaching.
I'm from Marion as well(I was in school while he was head coach), and ru4ml is correct. Where are you from that you would know?