Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-20-17, 02:09 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
So you have no idea what the Reds FO position on this? I guess it's pretty odd to make the statement "I'll trust the Reds front office over your opinion." when you have no idea if the Reds FO and ep's opinion is one in the same.
Let me put it this way, I'll trust what they do, a heck of alot more than you or EP say. You guys just think it's fantasy sports and you can just go draft a new team each year, and if your players don't pan out, you just get rid of them and start over again.

And I'm almost sure you two won't have the same opinion as the Reds front office. You'd probably like to bring back Dusty Baker now.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-17, 02:26 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Let me put it this way, I'll trust what they do, a heck of alot more than you or EP say. You guys just think it's fantasy sports and you can just go draft a new team each year, and if your players don't pan out, you just get rid of them and start over again.

And I'm almost sure you two won't have the same opinion as the Reds front office. You'd probably like to bring back Dusty Baker now.
Another post from 14Red where he slams other people's opinions on things they know more about than he does. All you do is regurgitate talking points from Lance, Mo Egger, etc. or blindly agree with anything Your next original thought will be your first.

Fyi, that's exactly what teams do. Get rid of players that don't pan out.
Old 10-20-17, 04:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Another post from 14Red where he slams other people's opinions on things they know more about than he does. All you do is regurgitate talking points from Lance, Mo Egger, etc. or blindly agree with anything Your next original thought will be your first.

Fyi, that's exactly what teams do. Get rid of players that don't pan out.
Old 10-20-17, 05:32 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Of course everything posted above is complete garbage and lies. Never said or implied any of that.
Old 10-23-17, 07:18 AM
All American

Quote:
Well at least you realize how moronic your weekly post is.
Old 10-23-17, 08:25 AM
All American

So who you got in the WS? Astros or Dodgers? Kinda has a feel of an all National League world series.
Old 10-23-17, 08:36 AM
All American

What does that have to do with the 2018 Reds? Stay on topic, 14.
Old 10-23-17, 10:11 AM
All American

Not much happening with our Reds...
Old 10-23-17, 11:04 AM
All Region

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So folks, the Reds have a big decision coming up. Zack Cozart, coming off his best season ever, is a free agent. The Reds can sign him to a one year qualifying offer for a little over $17 mill (for reference, he made just a little over $5 mill this year, and has made, in total thorugh 6 season, $12 mill in his career). Now the Reds CAN offer this, and Zack can refuse and go free agency, if he's signed for such and such money, the Reds get compensatory picks and stuff alot more complicated that Obamacare.

Honestly, I really like Cozart, and the Reds don't have drop dead replacement for him, but I just can't see giving Cozart, at age 33, that much money. I'm banking that he'll never play as well as he did in 2017, and more than likely would not get any kind of offer like this around baseball. I'm also concerned that his leg will never heal. He's gimped around with this leg now for 2 full seasons.

Wish him all the best, but there is no way the Reds could do this. Now, if Cozart is unemployed in February, and would want to come back to Cincy for say 3 years, $25 mill??? I'd do that.
Sorry, been away again for a while. Please share, where did you get this $17M number? It is ludicrous.

Tulowitzki makes $20M, Andrus makes $15M, somehow JJ HArdy gets $14M. Every other SS is $8M or below. http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/rankings/salary/shortstop/

Don't make up numbers. Cozart would never get $17M as a FA. $8M feels about right.
Old 10-23-17, 11:07 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
If Senzel isn't playing on this team next year, something is wrong with this organization.
I agree with this. Reds are rebuilding, correct?

I would also say if the Reds sign a FA pitcher, other than a reasonably priced bullpen guy, something is wrong with this organization.
Old 10-23-17, 12:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Not much happening with our Reds...
Then make a thread about the World Series., dumb dumb.
Old 10-23-17, 01:49 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Sorry, been away again for a while. Please share, where did you get this $17M number? It is ludicrous.

Tulowitzki makes $20M, Andrus makes $15M, somehow JJ HArdy gets $14M. Every other SS is $8M or below. http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/rankings/salary/shortstop/

Don't make up numbers. Cozart would never get $17M as a FA. $8M feels about right.
$17M is the qualifying offer this year.
Old 10-23-17, 01:50 PM
All American

Quote:
I agree with this. Reds are rebuilding, correct?

I would also say if the Reds sign a FA pitcher, other than a reasonably priced bullpen guy, something is wrong with this organization.
I can only guess that if you are in this camp, you also feel the Reds should bring up Hunter Green, the 18 year old they just drafted a few months ago and start him opening day...

Absolute silliness...Senzel will be in Cincinnati when he earns his spot there.
Old 10-23-17, 02:23 PM
All American

Quote:
I can only guess that if you are in this camp, you also feel the Reds should bring up Hunter Green, the 18 year old they just drafted a few months ago and start him opening day...

Thank God you aren't the Reds manager. You're an absolute idiot.
Old 10-23-17, 03:34 PM
All American

Quote:

Comparing Green to Senzel is insane.
Old 10-23-17, 06:15 PM
All Ohio

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Taco,
Practically all of your posts on here have nothing to do with the Cincinnati Reds -- which, of course, is the point of the thread. They only are personal attacks aimed at 14Red.
Why you are doing this is beyond me, but you are showing no expertise or interest in rebutting any of the points that 14Red has made (ones that I almost always disagree with myself). You are only exposing yourself as a mean-spirited individual who doesn't have the ability to express a cogent argument to rebut 14Reds' opinions.
Calling someone names actually makes you look not only small, but your presumption of greater intelligence than an idiot only seems to be residing in your own head.
The more respect that you treat others with, the more respect you might earn.
Old 10-23-17, 09:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Taco,
Practically all of your posts on here have nothing to do with the Cincinnati Reds -- which, of course, is the point of the thread. They only are personal attacks aimed at 14Red.
Why you are doing this is beyond me, but you are showing no expertise or interest in rebutting any of the points that 14Red has made (ones that I almost always disagree with myself). You are only exposing yourself as a mean-spirited individual who doesn't have the ability to express a cogent argument to rebut 14Reds' opinions.
Calling someone names actually makes you look not only small, but your presumption of greater intelligence than an idiot only seems to be residing in your own head.
Old 10-23-17, 10:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

He has earned it, heís ready.
Old 10-24-17, 06:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Taco,
In the few times 14Red has made posts that deserve actual rebuttals, I have given them. If 14Red wants to be treated as anything other than an idiot, he should stop posting like an idiot. But next time I need a holier than thou grandfather advice, I'll ask for it.
Old 10-24-17, 10:58 AM
All Region

Quote:

Did I say that? Senzel is much further along than Green, obviously. Did you fall and hit your head?

So let me ask you, what does "earns it" mean to you? When he is a better player than Scooter? I assume that's what you mean. Are the Reds re-building or not? Is Scooter part of the rebuild for the future? Is Senzel?

The Reds need to find out if their young guys can play. Hopefully one more year of this garbage (90+ losses), and then 2019 we can think about competing. I'd vote that in 2018 the Reds find out if:
- can Peraza be the guy at SS?
- can Senzel be the guy at 2B?
- is Winkler a guy we can count on in the OF?
- Can Suarez, Duvall, Schebler repeat/improve a little at their spots?
- and of course, will the young SP guys take the next step?

In the off-season, can we get a little trade value (Catcher and/or bullpen help) for Cozart, Hamilton, and/or Scooter?

Reds are staring at possibility of 90 losses again in 2018, unless the young SP guys progress. Why wouldn't they learn about Senzel while this is unfolding?
Old 10-24-17, 10:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Ah, thank you. Well, anyone paying him that is insane. He should not hold his breath waiting for that much. If he gets it, I'll be happy for him, I like him. As long as the Reds don't pay it.
Old 10-24-17, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Are you a woman? I can only assume so, given this hysterical post.
Old 10-24-17, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I read the QO is about $18.1m, but that doesnít change anything in my opinion. No way do you sign him to that.
Old 10-25-17, 08:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Thank goodness I'm not too, I was simply replying to this whole concept of "rebuilding". It's beyond that, it's simply "building". Votto is here, Gennett is here, you don't just bring up prospects who are not ready. Senzel played 57 games in AA last year. Let's give him at least 1/2 hear in Louisville and evaluate, don't rush him. Suarez is a fine ML 3rd baseman.

The thought that there is something wrong with the organization if Senzel isn't at 3rd opening day is silly. And like I said, if you're in that camp, then heck, just bring Hunter Green up and start him in April. Again, silliness.
Old 10-25-17, 09:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Thank goodness I'm not too, I was simply replying to this whole concept of "rebuilding". It's beyond that, it's simply "building". Votto is here, Gennett is here, you don't just bring up prospects who are not ready. Senzel played 57 games in AA last year. Let's give him at least 1/2 hear in Louisville and evaluate, don't rush him. Suarez is a fine ML 3rd baseman.

The thought that there is something wrong with the organization if Senzel isn't at 3rd opening day is silly. And like I said, if you're in that camp, then heck, just bring Hunter Green up and start him in April. Again, silliness.
The Reds lost 94 games last year. They are rebuilding. Just because you have a few pieces doesn't mean you can't rebuild. You have no idea if Senzel is ready to play or not. So what if he's played 57 games in AA? There's a solid list of guys who spent one week or less in AAA before making the jump to MLB. Most on that list didn't even spend a day in AAA.

wolves already touched on this but goodness, comparing Senzel and Greene? One is 18 and the other is 22. One has played strictly in high school, one has played phenomenally at every stop he's been to. One has spent the last 4 years being coached by high school coaches, one has spent the last 4 years being coached by pro and college coaches.
Old 10-25-17, 11:07 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Are you a woman? I can only assume so, given this hysterical post.
Are you a misogynist? I can only assume so, given this classless post.
Old 10-25-17, 12:35 PM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Old 10-25-17, 03:34 PM
All American

At a minimum Senzel should be given every opportunity to earn a starting role in spring training. What they do with Gennett will determine where Senzel will get a look at.
Old 10-25-17, 07:18 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Tell Suarez to start preparing to play at SS. I'm not sure why the Reds would bring Cozart back at all
Old 10-25-17, 08:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Are you a misogynist? I can only assume so, given this classless post.
of course, itís the internet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: