Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 11-08-17, 08:30 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
And for the hundredth time, 14Red shows he hasn't followed the details of the case at all.

I will say, the back-and-forth is ridiculous.
don't you think the back-and-forth is bad for all parties involved. I mean do you really think he's not going to eventually serve this suspension?? There is proof that some type of violence occurred to Zeke's girlfriend.

I can't imagine this just going away and Zeke not serving anything.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #122  
Old 11-08-17, 08:32 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Onto another topic, AJ Green attacked another player from behind, slammed him to the ground and did not get a suspension? Now this certainly goes to the crystal clear past of AJ and his years in the league, but how can there not be any punishment in this case. You simply can't have players being vigilantes out there and attacking players. I was shocked there wasn't at least a 1 game suspension. It's not like the Bengals are playing for anything either.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-08-17, 09:09 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,372
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
There is proof that some type of violence occurred to Zeke's girlfriend..
Is there proof Zeke committed that violence? Could you please show the part of the police report or the NFL's report that proves that? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-08-17, 12:33 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 27,916
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Irsay is a complete moron
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-08-17, 12:41 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,034
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Probably still on drugs
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 11-08-17, 07:17 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 27,916
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
don't you think the back-and-forth is bad for all parties involved. I mean do you really think he's not going to eventually serve this suspension?? There is proof that some type of violence occurred to Zeke's girlfriend.

I can't imagine this just going away and Zeke not serving anything.
And a bunch of people saw her provoke some broad at a club and get her azz kicked by the nasty b1tch. You missed that ? Did you notice that the cops didn't pursue anything.......no civil action, either ? You aren't really so dumb, right ?

Supposedly he knocked this girl up, talked her into terminating the pregnancy by promising to take her with him if she did, and then he ditched her after she did it. She freaked out and said she'd ruin him, got herself whumped on, and tried to blame him. It's a joke that Goodell let him be painted as a woman beater. He may or may not be a fairly lousy individual, she may have bit a condom, he may be a liar and a lousy boyfriend.

All that's sure is that she's a nut and he didn't beat her.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 11-08-17 at 10:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-08-17, 07:28 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 27,916
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Probably still on drugs
Maybe

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...d1p0ooq18qs3u4

Any chance Dungy might help Luck exit Indy ? Phony accident ?

If Irsay wanted to trade Luck, and "your" medical people and psych interview say Luck is all good, what should the Bengals trade for an Andrew upgrade ?

Luck could be reunited with his family in Cleveland's east suburbs. Our first, and that second and third offered for McCarron, plus Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan ?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-08-17, 11:36 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Is there proof Zeke committed that violence? Could you please show the part of the police report or the NFL's report that proves that? Thanks in advance.
It would have been gone a long time ago if there was no evidence.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-09-17, 05:54 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 27,916
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-09-17, 06:27 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,154
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
There is no evidence, at all. A big reason why law enforcement quickly removed themselves from the situation.

The NFL is still involved because they mishandled previous domestic violence cases so poorly they figured they better hit this one head-on. I think Elliot’s other issues have played a factor as well. It has been 100% about image for them.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-09-17, 08:02 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,267
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
It would have been gone a long time ago if there was no evidence.
Well, there must be evidence, right?

Seriously, does someone dress you in the mornings?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-09-17, 12:20 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 27,916
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
There was an employee of he NFL - actually a female investigator from the legal department IIRC, and the only person that actually interviewed Zeke's ex - that issued a report stating that the ex is completely unreliable and Zeke should be left alone. There are in-house accusations that this woman was purposefully denied the opportunity to meet with Goodell. Is that some sort of evidence ?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-09-17, 12:25 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 27,916
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
There is no evidence, at all. A big reason why law enforcement quickly removed themselves from the situation.

The NFL is still involved because they mishandled previous domestic violence cases so poorly they figured they better hit this one head-on. I think Elliotís other issues have played a factor as well. It has been 100% about image for them.
I wonder if 14IQ would have so capriciously assumed guilt if the accused had been, say, someone like Christian McCaffery ?
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-09-17, 02:59 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,372
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
It would have been gone a long time ago if there was no evidence.
"He'd have been charged for a crime if there were evidence."

"He would have lost his appeal if there were evidence."

Kind of dumb huh?

I'll ask again, could you point to the specific evidence Zeke physically abused her?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-09-17, 04:36 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Zeke is out this weekend, of course that is for this moment only...

What a mess, just think, if he just took the suspension in August, it would be over now...
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-09-17, 07:35 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,372
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Definitely should admit guilt for a crime he didn't commit. Good call.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-12-17, 12:23 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 14,385
Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Zeke is leaving the country to " completely reset, clear his head, train, and come back in late December for the Cowboys in the best shape he has been in" because he has been unable to do that in the US.


Unknown sources say that he is going to Amsterdam* to "train"





*last line is fake news
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-12-17, 12:28 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 27,916
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-13-17, 11:13 AM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,724
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
This Jerry Jones vs Roger Goodell fued is getting pretty interesting. Owners talking about taking the Cowboys away from Jerry

Hope Jones and the smaller owners destroy Roger

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...m-jerry-jones/
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-13-17, 01:10 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
This Jerry Jones vs Roger Goodell fued is getting pretty interesting. Owners talking about taking the Cowboys away from Jerry

Hope Jones and the smaller owners destroy Roger

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...m-jerry-jones/
Interesting to who??? Do we really care about what an NFL owner thinks, for what the Commissioner makes?? This is today's disconnect with the media and fans. For some reason, the media thinks the majority of us cares about this stuff? In general, most of us fans care about our teams, and follow our team and possibly the games each week. That's about it. Who's in court, what and NFL owner thinks or feels and especially social issues are things we don't care about. The issue is the NFL is a 17 week season that games only occur once a week. You can't fill 24 hour news cycles with just game info, so these things get legs.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-13-17, 01:15 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,583
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Goodell has been awful for the product of the actual game, but great for squeezing money out of every crevice imaginable. Most of the owners seem to like him, fans generally do not. I don't know what Jerry is going to accomplish here. I doubt he'll get enough support to boot Goodell.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-13-17, 01:58 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Goodell has been awful for the product of the actual game, but great for squeezing money out of every crevice imaginable. Most of the owners seem to like him, fans generally do not. I don't know what Jerry is going to accomplish here. I doubt he'll get enough support to boot Goodell.
Do fans care who the commishoner is? Did we know Pete Rozelle? Again, this is just national enquirer stuff and our incredibly petty society hating on people of high stature and with money. You have to have a commissioner. The owners hire and pay him, so obviously they like him. This is just silly banter.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-13-17, 01:59 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
This Jerry Jones vs Roger Goodell fued is getting pretty interesting. Owners talking about taking the Cowboys away from Jerry

Hope Jones and the smaller owners destroy Roger

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...m-jerry-jones/
I'm sure the other owners despise Jones. Name another owner who gets interviewed after every game? Dude has a crazy ego.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-13-17, 02:14 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 8,972
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I'd like this Jones/Goodell battle to end with no survivors.

As for fans views on Goodell, I think him annually being nearly booed off the stage at the draft is all we need to see. Oddly, one reason fans have grown to dislike him is how he's handled disciplinary matters and the power he is able to yield, which comes right back to the players giving up too much in the CBA.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-13-17, 02:47 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I'd like this Jones/Goodell battle to end with no survivors.

As for fans views on Goodell, I think him annually being nearly booed off the stage at the draft is all we need to see. Oddly, one reason fans have grown to dislike him is how he's handled disciplinary matters and the power he is able to yield, which comes right back to the players giving up too much in the CBA.
But don't you think that's just a part of our culture today? Anyone successful, powerful and rich has to be evil, right? I bet Cowboy fans don't like how he's handled discipline because of Elliott, but is there really any other matters that is out of control? I mean, somebody has to be the bad guy and dole out the punishment. On one hand we want the game to be safer, but we don't want our favorite teams players to get suspended.
As for the draft, who else would announce the draftees? Doesn't the commissioner make sense?
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-13-17, 03:11 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
But don't you think that's just a part of our culture today? Anyone successful, powerful and rich has to be evil, right? I bet Cowboy fans don't like how he's handled discipline because of Elliott, but is there really any other matters that is out of control? I mean, somebody has to be the bad guy and dole out the punishment. On one hand we want the game to be safer, but we don't want our favorite teams players to get suspended.
As for the draft, who else would announce the draftees? Doesn't the commissioner make sense?
Mansfield and Silver aren't unanimously hated by the players and fans. So no.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-13-17, 03:21 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,724
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Interesting to who??? Do we really care about what an NFL owner thinks, for what the Commissioner makes?? This is today's disconnect with the media and fans. For some reason, the media thinks the majority of us cares about this stuff? In general, most of us fans care about our teams, and follow our team and possibly the games each week. That's about it. Who's in court, what and NFL owner thinks or feels and especially social issues are things we don't care about. The issue is the NFL is a 17 week season that games only occur once a week. You can't fill 24 hour news cycles with just game info, so these things get legs.
It's interesting to tons of people. Goodell is universally hated by just about everyone and those same people would be elated to see him gone. Pretty solid troll job you've been keeping up.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-13-17, 03:29 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,724
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
But don't you think that's just a part of our culture today? Anyone successful, powerful and rich has to be evil, right? I bet Cowboy fans don't like how he's handled discipline because of Elliott, but is there really any other matters that is out of control? I mean, somebody has to be the bad guy and dole out the punishment. On one hand we want the game to be safer, but we don't want our favorite teams players to get suspended.
As for the draft, who else would announce the draftees? Doesn't the commissioner make sense?
$200 avg ticket price
Publicly funded stadiums
The London games
Endless commercials
Unclear rulebook
What is a catch?
No consistency in suspensions
The blackout policy
Tom Brady suspension
Pressuring ESPN to quit the concussion documentary with PBS
Military funded pregame ceremonies
Poor handling of domestic violence issues

To name a few
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-13-17, 03:35 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
14Red can't determine any of that with his eye test, and thus shall not be counted. Please delete your post, Sig Hansen.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-13-17, 03:43 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,724
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
He'll ignore that post and keep quoting everyone else. That's typically his MO
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any News on a New Head Football Coach at Mount Gilead???? IUDOGS Football 11 07-15-17 01:07 PM
Any NEWS on getting a new Head Football Coach at St Paris Graham Local??? IUDOGS Football 7 05-26-17 11:17 AM
Any News on a New Head Football Coach at Springfield Northwestern???? IUDOGS Football 4 05-23-17 12:39 PM
Any NEWS on getting a new Head Football Coach to replaces coach Mike Vicars at Swanto IUDOGS Football 2 05-19-17 08:54 AM
NFL draft and Track athletes runohio Football 30 05-06-17 07:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz