Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-24-17, 11:31 AM
All District

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Wyoming vs Indian Hill - I think the Cowboys win 35-21.
I'd say a little lower scoring, but still a Cowboy victory...21-14
Old 10-24-17, 08:49 PM
All District

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
As much as I hate it, I see the cowboys winning also. I'll say 21-17
Old 10-25-17, 05:02 PM
All Region

Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GX View Post
I can see why the logic escapes you-- your non sequitur about "a majority of scholarships given out at Ohio State are not for athletics" has little or no bearing on what grade-school kids deciding to go to the (decidedly less professional) environment of Alter HS do-- when you are a college Division ! scholarship athlete, you ARE a professional--it's a job-- and that status DEFINES you (it sure takes up more TIME than a job)-- that has nothing to do with an 8th grade kid that may (or may NOT) even turn out to be good enough to play at the HS varsity level (and will with a very high probability never play a down of football beyond college)-- he is just a kid going to HS-- not a "football player" first and foremost-- almost every kid playing college football entertains thoughts of being a professional (if he likes the game)-- he is a professional in all but name-- not so, the vast majority of 8th grade kids choosing a school. You have created a false tautology.
Non sequitur? How about this one: No one goes to X to play football, you claim, and your proof is that X also gives scholarships to music and theater kids.
Old 10-26-17, 02:39 PM
All Region

4GX is on a distinguished road
No, that's not accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
Non sequitur? How about this one: No one goes to X to play football, you claim, and your proof is that X also gives scholarships to music and theater kids.
No-- that's not my proof-- and it's not what I said.

What I said was that X gives scholarships to 40% of its enrolled students (which happens to include kids who eventually participate in music and theater, and any number of other extracurriculars)-- which is all determined on a financial aid NEED-based assessment (just like many colleges determine aid packages). No one gets a scholarship based on what extra-curriculars they (MIGHT, when they enroll, if they enroll) participate in-- all aid is awarded on the basis of what the student's family's financial situation (and NEED) is-- it has nothing to do with their purported participation in ANY extracurricular. And (unlike some colleges, like Ohio State-- and, I suspect, certain of our GCL competitors) X does NOT give any athletics-based scholarships. Having sat behind Darius Ashley's family, at numerous games when he attended St. X, I suspect that the reason Ashley had any scholarship to attend St. X (assuming he did) had everything to do with his family's limited financial means and was not based on his projected athletic prowess-- just as it is (and was) for every other St. X student.

I will be interested-- and shocked-- to hear about it, when the first St. X student-athlete stands up and says (whether while there at X, or at any time after he has left the school) "I got a scholarship to go to X--and the only reason they gave me the money, was because they wanted me to come and play sport 'XYZ'"-- I don't believe that you can find an example of a kid who will attest to that.
Old 10-27-17, 07:09 AM
All District

So the kids will not rat the school out, therefore they are not doing it, is the defense you are using?
Can we get this troll thread banned and go back to talking CHL football? Its championship week and we dealing with this guy instead of talking football.
Old 10-27-17, 06:46 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
So the kids will not rat the school out, therefore they are not doing it, is the defense you are using?
Can we get this troll thread banned and go back to talking CHL football? Its championship week and we dealing with this guy instead of talking football.
No-- that's not my defense-- that's asking for proof-- from you or anyone else who might want to argue that this is going on-- come up with some evidence of it (at X-- I'm not speaking for Moeller or LaSalle)--other than simply personal pronouncements (e.g.- "I know that this is happening"). Show us somebody (maybe a malcontent, who's since left the school, for one reason or another, who's now disgruntled, and wants to "get back at the school") who's willing to stand up and say that he's benefited from getting an alleged athletic scholarship to X. That's asking for some proof.

My defense was the detailed discussion of how X gives scholarships--not based on athletic prowess, or musical ability, or thespian inclinations-- but on family financial need- as assessed by the same kind of forms that people file to get college financial aid.

Not sure why you want a thread banned-- and I'm not going to get banned for making a series of logic arguments, that contain no foul language or personal attacks.
Old 10-27-17, 08:53 PM
All American

yappimember67 is on a distinguished road
Wyoming gets the 31-24 win over Indian Hill - going undefeated in the regular season for the 2nd year in a row. Indian Hill goes 9-1 for the 2nd year in a row.
Old 10-27-17, 08:55 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappimember67 View Post
Wyoming gets the 31-24 win over Indian Hill - going undefeated in the regular season for the 2nd year in a row. Indian Hill goes 9-1 for the 2nd year in a row.
Indian Hill lost to CHCA. They finish 8-2.
Old 10-27-17, 08:55 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappimember67 View Post
Go Cowboys-- now, go out and prove me wrong about the playoffs-- I would like nothing more than to see Wyo, X, AND WW in Canton this year...
Old 10-27-17, 09:18 PM
All American

yappimember67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Indian Hill lost to CHCA. They finish 8-2.
Yep, you're right. 8-2
Old 10-27-17, 10:48 PM
All American

Cantrell
It looks like Reading made it into the 8th spot in D5-20. Good job.
Old 10-28-17, 08:44 AM
All District

cvwrestle
Is there rematch next week in the playoffs?
Old 10-30-17, 01:39 PM
All District

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
I think Wyoming and Indian Hill advance but Reading's season ends.
Old 10-31-17, 08:08 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
I think Wyoming and Indian Hill advance but Reading's season ends.
I can see Reading winning. Miami East played one D5 school all year. It wasn't exactly murderer's row.
Old 10-31-17, 08:12 AM
All American

BusinessEnd
Quote:
I can see Reading winning. Miami East played one D5 school all year. It wasn't exactly murderer's row.
I see Reading winning too. They add a transfer from Purcell Marian in at WR this week - he's been practicing all season & is now eligible. Pairing him with Jackson will give Miami East fits.
Old 11-03-17, 11:02 PM
All American

Cantrell
Reading's Jackson had a great game and the defense played better in the second half. Number 8 takes down the number 1 seed 27-25. What the heck happened to Wyoming?
Old 11-04-17, 02:28 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrell View Post
Reading's Jackson had a great game and the defense played better in the second half. Number 8 takes down the number 1 seed 27-25. What the heck happened to Wyoming?
The usual— playoff football against playoff-caliber (AKA non-CHL) teams.... it should be no shock (to anyone) when it comes to an end next week— and I don’t even know whom they’re playing— just that it will be SUCH a step up from what they face in the regular season that it will be almost impossible for them to sustain a winning level of effort for four quarters.
Old 11-04-17, 02:36 PM
All Ohio

Jowsepi is on a distinguished road
Guaranteed at least 1 team will move on.
Old 11-04-17, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The usual— playoff football against playoff-caliber (AKA non-CHL) teams.... it should be no shock (to anyone) when it comes to an end next week— and I don’t even know whom they’re playing— just that it will be SUCH a step up from what they face in the regular season that it will be almost impossible for them to sustain a winning level of effort for four quarters.
Well they play another CHL team so......
Old 11-04-17, 02:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Well they play another CHL team so......
Well— that’s a reprieve —thought IH was Div III now?

They can be thankful it’s nobody named Alder, Alter, VV, or C-M...
Old 11-04-17, 03:14 PM
All American

UnTouchableVoL33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UnTouchableVoL33
Quote:
Well— that’s a reprieve —thought IH was Div III now?

They can be thankful it’s nobody named Alder, Alter, VV, or C-M...
Last year in playoffs

Wyoming 29
Valley View 12

the year before that
IH lost a very tight game in playoffs
to Massie 34-40

so i dont follow
Old 11-04-17, 04:00 PM
All District

rocketman82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTouchableVoL33 View Post
Last year in playoffs

Wyoming 29
Valley View 12

the year before that
IH lost a very tight game in playoffs
to Massie 34-40

so i dont follow
Don't feed the troll.
Old 11-04-17, 04:04 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Why is this guy so interested in the little CHL?
Old 11-04-17, 04:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman82 View Post
Don't feed the troll.
Troll (in proper internet usage) is verb, not a noun...

And it’s good that CHL types on here think that last year’s VV team is in any way typical of a usual VV playoff team, and thus feel confident in that kind of matchup this year— it’s a bit like the Mason fans who think they’ve stepped up to playing GCL caliber football, because Mason beat a bad (but, ironically, playoff-eligible) Elder team last year...

This year’s VV team appears to be much more typical of VV’s playoff teams— and if you want some indication of what Wyo has done against VV in “vintage” years, go back and review the entire history of the playoff matchups between those two teams—- not just last year...
Old 11-04-17, 04:49 PM
All American

UnTouchableVoL33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UnTouchableVoL33
Quote:

And it’s good that CHL types on here think that last year’s VV team is in any way typical of a usual VV playoff team, and thus feel confident in that kind of matchup this year— it’s a bit like the Mason fans who think they’ve stepped up to playing GCL caliber football, because Mason beat a bad (but, ironically, playoff-eligible) Elder team last year...

This year’s VV team appears to be much more typical of VV’s playoff teams— and if you want some indication of what Wyo has done against VV in “vintage” years, go back and review the entire history of the playoff matchups between those two teams—- not just last year...
Wyoming 28-18*

*ended Valley View's 39-game winning streak dating to 1995.

VV 41-23

VV 31-21

VV 34-26

Wyoming 29-12

in my opinion Wyoming has held their own and been in all the games minus 2000
Old 11-04-17, 08:04 PM
All District

CHL went 3-0 this week.
The Troll and his predictions got BTFO.
Old 11-04-17, 08:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
Why is this guy so interested in the little CHL?
Because he is a troll.
He can play all the word games he wants. He is a sad troll.
Old 11-04-17, 08:47 PM
All District

Quote:

Internet Troll
A mythological internet being that lives under an internet bridge. Loves to hunt for innocent netizens.

Common tactics: antagonizing other netizens by posting racist or offensive comments
Weakness: being outwitted or unable to antagonize others
DO NOT feed the TROLL!
Old 11-04-17, 10:45 PM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Was at the Taft/IH game..
The dean kid QB for IH is really good. He picked apart Taft all night. The first snap of the game he had a kid 3 steps past the D just over threw it.

Can IH knock off Wyoming next week?
Old 11-08-17, 12:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTouchableVoL33 View Post
Wyoming 28-18*

*ended Valley View's 39-game winning streak dating to 1995.

VV 41-23

VV 31-21

VV 34-26

Wyoming 29-12

in my opinion Wyoming has held their own and been in all the games minus 2000
I was at that game— at Hamilton, if I recall— it took a world-class game by Richard Hall, one of the two or three (along with Ahmed Plummer and Freddy Jacobs) best players in the history of Wyoming HS to win it— he had over 200 yards rushing (might have been close to 300 yards) in that game— a lot of them, all on his own— including a game-clinching touchdown run that probably covered over 100 yards total, on which (at least) 10 VV players had a chance to tackle him— but couldn’t... Wyo better hope they have somebody that good playing for them this year, if they hope to win a re-match— ands I don’t see him on the roster...

CHL is gonna get another playoff win this week (because they play themselves)— but I expect it will be 1-2 this week, now that the competition level has stepped up, and the pretenders are out of the mix... assuming Wyo manages to repeat their win over IH, then things will get REAL— and we will see...

I root for Wyo— but I’m realistic about what they have done— and will do, when faced with GOOD teams from up north, that actually play SOMEBODY during the season— Wyo has shown that they cannnot measure up, when faced with good teams that regularly play good competition— Alter, VV, DeSales, Massie, Coldwater. When the going gets tough, the Cowboys and Indians (Hill) come up short— because they don’t play anybody during the season, so they tire out in a game that requires more than two quarters of high level of effort.