Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-27-17, 08:13 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Great a 5 11 receiver
Sponsored Links
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
lol
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Lol termite.
Old 04-27-17, 08:14 PM
All Yappi

Zeeman is probably happy.
Old 04-27-17, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Lol termite.

Oh well; at least they didn't pick a RB, but if you are going to get a receiver, why not Howard who would also help your run block

Don't understand the pick, Ross was great against subpar defenses in the PAC12, disappeared against Alabama
Old 04-27-17, 08:19 PM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
Amazing how year after year this team ignores the fact that it has a trash pass rush.
Old 04-27-17, 08:20 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Zeeman is probably happy.
Happy no, right yes
Old 04-27-17, 08:25 PM
All Yappi

A right meniscus tear followed by microfracture surgery, a torn left ACL and meniscus, and a torn shoulder labrum; and he is not healthy now; look for him to be on the PUP list by the 2nd preseason game.
Akili Smith was a great pick compared to this.
Old 04-27-17, 08:28 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Not really a fan of this pick, but it's not horrible.
Old 04-27-17, 08:38 PM
All Yappi

"One team that I'm told has given Ross a clean bill of health is the Cincinnati Bengals, and the receiver is in the conversation for the ninth pick of the draft.
His knees were given the green light by their doctors"

"And so continues our annual tradition of drafting depth for the IR."

" He's going to get killed doing traditional WR2 work in the middle of the field."

"said before that I think they'll talk themselves into overdrafting a questionable offensive "skill position" guy."

"With the information coming out that the Bengals' doctors have given Ross the green light medically and knowing that we love drafting players to put on the IR"

"Well.. I mean.. With that speed he could be a good 20-30 yards downfield when Andy gets sacked."

"What does he lack? knees"

"Generally solid hands isn't a resounding endorsement"

"it helps Tyler Eifert, in the middle of the field who isn't on the field, to exploit that relax in the whirlpool even more."
Old 04-28-17, 04:10 AM
All World

JoeBrasco has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I would have no issues with WRs Williams, Davis or even Howard at TE at 9. I think they can get decent RB depth later in the draft (Mixon would be a no brainer with the 2nd pick, imo). I think they have to get OL depth in rounds 3-5, so I'd expect at least two of those picks to be OL.
Drafting Mixon would make me lose what little respect I have left for the Bengals organization.

The Bengals last few drafts have been flat out bad. This looks to be headed in the same direction. I'm not sure how you ignore major needs on both lines and go with a WR with your top ten pick.
Old 04-28-17, 07:25 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBrasco View Post
Drafting Mixon would make me lose what little respect I have left for the Bengals organization......
grow up

If you are gonna crucify a kid based on video of a split-second impulsive move 3 years ago when he was 19, you're an idiot. If they investigate the kid, interview him, and they are comfortable enough to draft him, who cares what some message board doofus like you thinks about the move.

Check your b1tch privilege.
Old 04-28-17, 07:36 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Drafting Mixon would make me lose what little respect I have left for the Bengals organization.

The Bengals last few drafts have been flat out bad. This looks to be headed in the same direction. I'm not sure how you ignore major needs on both lines and go with a WR with your top ten pick.
I would have been happy if they drafted Allen, but regarding addressing oline needs with the 9 pick, have you followed this draft at all? Reaching on oline because of need would have been stupid. Also, the Bengals have made 1 pick out of 11 and you're already calling a bad draft. You sound like a Browns fan.
Old 04-28-17, 07:56 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
I have no problem with the Ross pick. It's a little out of the box of the Bengals' normal philosophy it seems and I like that. This should help Dalton, AJ, and Eifert. Ross just needs to stay healthy.

Round 2 pick should surely be a LB or DL now.
Old 04-28-17, 08:21 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
grow up

If you are gonna crucify a kid based on video of a split-second impulsive move 3 years ago when he was 19, you're an idiot. If they investigate the kid, interview him, and they are comfortable enough to draft him, who cares what some message board doofus like you thinks about the move.

Check your b1tch privilege.
Whoa, internet tough guy take it easy. Are you related to the guy? You would think I insulted your grandmother.

I hate the "he was only a kid argument." Last time I checked you are recognized as an adult at 18. He was 19 at the time. I knew by the time I was ten that it was not okay to hit women and definitely never to flat out sock them close fisted in the face. But since it was a "split second impulsive move" he probably should get a pass. He is a good running back after all and we need a running back.
Old 04-28-17, 08:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I have no problem with the Ross pick. It's a little out of the box of the Bengals' normal philosophy it seems and I like that. This should help Dalton, AJ, and Eifert. Ross just needs to stay healthy.

Yeah, I think health is going to be the big question with Ross. If he stays on the field, he's going to be able to help this team in multiple areas. I hope they go def in round two as well, but with all the talk about how deep this draft is on that side of the ball, I could see them taking Mixon then just loading up on def after that.
Old 04-28-17, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Whoa, internet tough guy take it easy. Are you related to the guy? You would think I insulted your grandmother.

I hate the "he was only a kid argument." Last time I checked you are recognized as an adult at 18. He was 19 at the time. I knew by the time I was ten that it was not okay to hit women and definitely never to flat out sock them close fisted in the face. But since it was a "split second impulsive move" he probably should get a pass. He is a good running back after all and we need a running back.
Who said he should get a pass? BTW cabe's a Brown's fan.
Old 04-28-17, 08:23 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I would have been happy if they drafted Allen, but regarding addressing oline needs with the 9 pick, have you followed this draft at all? Reaching on oline because of need would have been stupid. Also, the Bengals have made 1 pick out of 11 and you're already calling a bad draft. You sound like a Browns fan.
You could say drafting the third wide reciever of the draft at #9 was a reach also.

I would have gone DL no questions asked with their pick.
Old 04-28-17, 08:24 AM
All American

TBH, I wouldn't be mad if they decided to go Mixon. He's very talented and although the OL might ultimately be the problem, Jeremy Hill certainly is part of the problem too. If they decide to really go after the offensive skill players and get a lightning WR and RB, I can't say it wouldn't get me a little more excited for the season.
Old 04-28-17, 08:32 AM
All World

Quote:
Who said he should get a pass? BTW cabe's a Brown's fan.
Bottom line I wouldn't draft him.
Old 04-28-17, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You could say drafting the third wide reciever of the draft at #9 was a reach also.

I would have gone DL no questions asked with their pick.
Who cares if it was the third receiver taken, if they had him ranked as the best available player? You seem to be advocating the drafting philosophy of the 90 Bengals which worked out great.
Old 04-28-17, 08:40 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I think they need to consider Cam Robinson if he's still on the board.
Old 04-28-17, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Seems a lot people wanted the Bengals to go with Allen who fell all the way to #17. Foster also fell to #31. Maybe their injuries were more concerning than we all knew.

I hate the Ross pick. They had a chance to go DL or LB to help an aging defense and instead took what will initially be their #4 WR behind AJ, LaFell and Boyd. Plus they have Eifert, Kroft and Uzomah. Ross helps in the return game and has game breaking speed, but he's going to get broken in half. They have room to make this a successful draft still but I'm not sold on Ross.
Old 04-28-17, 09:21 AM
All World

Quote:
Who cares if it was the third receiver taken, if they had him ranked as the best available player? You seem to be advocating the drafting philosophy of the 90 Bengals which worked out great.
Seems like you are advocating that whatever they do is the correct move.

None of the sites I looked at had Ross as a top ten pick pre-draft so it's reasonable to say it was a bit of a reach.
Old 04-28-17, 09:34 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ah yes, the infallible mock draft. Every mock draft had Allen going in the top 10, most in the top 5. They had Foster going in the top 15.
Old 04-28-17, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Seems like you are advocating that whatever they do is the correct move.

None of the sites I looked at had Ross as a top ten pick pre-draft so it's reasonable to say it was a bit of a reach.
I'm not advocating anything, just pointing out calling a draft a failure after 1 pick is stupid. Personally, my wish list was 1. Allen 2. Foster 3. Ross. All 3 of the guys have big questions marks so only time will tell how they pan out.
Old 04-28-17, 10:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Seems a lot people wanted the Bengals to go with Allen who fell all the way to #17. Foster also fell to #31. Maybe their injuries were more concerning than we all knew.

I hate the Ross pick. They had a chance to go DL or LB to help an aging defense and instead took what will initially be their #4 WR behind AJ, LaFell and Boyd. Plus they have Eifert, Kroft and Uzomah. Ross helps in the return game and has game breaking speed, but he's going to get broken in half. They have room to make this a successful draft still but I'm not sold on Ross.
If he is their #4 WR that is a major problem. IMO he will be the #2 from day one with Boyd becoming the #3. No one was upset when we had AJ, Marvin, Sanu, and Eifert so why are you now? When all four were healthy the team was legitimately good enough to make a deep playoff run, unfortunately they rarely were all healthy at the same time.

BTW, why did you mention Kroft and Uzomah as if they are some sort of viable long-term option as receiving TE's in the NFL? They're career back-ups.
Old 04-28-17, 10:21 AM
All American

I think I might prefer Cook if the Bengals are going to go RB with the 2nd pick. It seems likely that at least one of them will be available, which is pretty incredible.

Gotta remember Jackson and Billings didn't play at all last year and had round 1 grades going into last year's draft, both on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 04-28-17, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Brasco is a clown. Probably one of the dumbest guys on yappi.
Old 04-28-17, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I'd like to see Mixon in rd2. The defense was good last year down the stretch and they get WJ3 and Billings as essentially rookies. The offense struggles are what really sunk them last year, Ross is either a brilliant pick or a possible bust and adding another playmaker (Mixon would be an immediate upgrade at RB) will make this a difficult offense to defend.

One thing you have to like about Mike Brown is he gives zero s what clowns like Basco think about him giving players second and third chances.