Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-14-17, 01:39 PM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Given their numbers this year I somewhat wonder if Central will even be able to field a team next year with losing that many seniors.

I think in the south Central and Plains both definitely take a step back. I think Greenon's going to start to spring forward a bit.
I can't remember a year where everyone didn't say this about Central. It is so hard to tell in small school football. Some people don't stick with it and life happens sometimes.
Old 11-15-17, 09:19 AM
Freshman

oleballcoach45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
I can't remember a year where everyone didn't say this about Central. It is so hard to tell in small school football. Some people don't stick with it and life happens sometimes.
Hey Jet19, What is with the story coming out of Jetland... I have heard rumblings through the grapevine that CHT (Coach Hat Thrower) is out after this past debacle of a season as leader at the reigns of a failing program. I think I ask you this before. However this time is sounds like the program is being handed off to the DC that could not stop peanut butter from falling out of the jar( lol) let alone stop any of the teams in the OHC North. Can you confirm?
Old 11-17-17, 11:10 AM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
Hey Jet19, What is with the story coming out of Jetland... I have heard rumblings through the grapevine that CHT (Coach Hat Thrower) is out after this past debacle of a season as leader at the reigns of a failing program. I think I ask you this before. However this time is sounds like the program is being handed off to the DC that could not stop peanut butter from falling out of the jar( lol) let alone stop any of the teams in the OHC North. Can you confirm?
No I can not. My little cousin played this season and has his entire life and is really upset how his senior year went after putting so much work in all those years. I am not in that loop of people. I can try and find out though. I have heard the same stuff you just said.
Old 11-17-17, 12:06 PM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
No I can not. My little cousin played this season and has his entire life and is really upset how his senior year went after putting so much work in all those years. I am not in that loop of people. I can try and find out though. I have heard the same stuff you just said.
I always thought the school had to post the open position for a coach?! I didn't think they could just "pass the torch" to someone.
Old 11-17-17, 12:28 PM
Varsity

Brutus SG is on a distinguished road
From what I understand about open coaching positions at the jr. high and high school level are the position is offered to someone within the district first (teacher, custodian, principle...) and then to anyone outside of the district who is qualified. Although passing the torch does happen at times. For example, I know of a h.s. softball coach that was resigning and he had a couple of people in mind that were well known in the community and had previously coached the girls in travel ball or within the youth organization. Those two were referred to the district and meetings were set up.
Old 11-17-17, 12:29 PM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Good Luck WJ! Make the OHC proud!