Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-20-17, 06:14 PM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Nope, you left out the good conference. To each their own.
Did you mean the City League? I'd be ok with them being included.
Old 08-20-17, 07:54 PM
All District

NLLRAM is on a distinguished road
As a former Rogers Ram I should be ashamed for forgetting the TCL.
Old 08-20-17, 08:17 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
We'll let it slide.... that you were a Roger Ram.
Old 08-25-17, 09:09 PM
All Yappi

I feel bad that I picked against Fremont. My second favorite school and I picked against them. I deserve bad things to happen to me.
Old 08-25-17, 09:35 PM
All Ohio

Roscoe is on a distinguished road
You are hearby banned from the Tackle Box II for the remainder of 2017.
Old 08-26-17, 03:37 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Glad to see 7 on 7's don't win real football games yet. Nice win Ross.

As good as CCHS has been over the past 10-12 years this years team is loaded. Got a chance to watch the Hartley game and the Irish are loaded.
Old 08-26-17, 06:30 AM
All Yappi

CCHS has never really nailed execution since the Sanz year, JMHO. Are they loaded are just playing better? Probably both but usually "loaded" is easy to foresee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
You are hearby banned from the Tackle Box II for the remainder of 2017.
Punishment doesn't fit crime. That would be unFremontian. How about the Pres Museum for a year, (reminds, I'm due for a visit).

Congrats on the win. Looks like you have a QB?
Old 08-26-17, 09:02 AM
All World

How many TD's did Springfield score last night? Their facebook page says they had 8 vs. St. Francis in a scrimmage?
Old 08-26-17, 09:07 AM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
How many TD's did Springfield score last night? Their facebook page says they had 8 vs. St. Francis in a scrimmage?
Three touchdowns. They miss all their PAT'S.
Old 08-26-17, 11:58 AM
All District

Trailsendcustom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't worry the JV's today will have 12...
Old 08-26-17, 03:14 PM
All Ohio

Springfield missed 1 xp, then failed on two 2 pt attempts.

East, I would say the QB and offense still has a lot of work to do. The story last night was the defense.
Old 08-26-17, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Springfield missed 1 xp, then failed on two 2 pt attempts.

East, I would say the QB and offense still has a lot of work to do. The story last night was the defense.
Your away games seem to be matching up with our away games, wondering if I can get there this year. If my energy levels are there, that Clay or SFS games possible but they're late in the season. I always like walking the neighborhoods when they got the leaves changing. I guess Halloween stuff should be up so it should still be a good walk.
Old 08-26-17, 07:28 PM
All Yappi

ps: looking for games, I saw CCHS canceled the NY team. Has it been replaced? Maybe the Browns, teach those morons how to stand.

That CCHS - King game looks REAL good to see or maybe follow Whitmer up to Detroit, some food options I've been wanting to try. Shame this isn't a double header.
Old 08-26-17, 09:48 PM
All District

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
it wasn CCHS that cancelled, it was Bishop Timon. Their head coach quit before the season and they had their same stupid schedule as last season where they went to GA, Toledo, and TX to play rop notch teams and get crushed. I havent heard but Bishop Timon may not even be fielding a varsity team this year. I hope Central can find a last minute replacement; maybe a Canadian team. But it doesnt look like it.
Old 08-26-17, 10:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHS93 View Post
it wasn CCHS that cancelled, it was Bishop Timon. Their head coach quit before the season and they had their same stupid schedule as last season where they went to GA, Toledo, and TX to play rop notch teams and get crushed. I havent heard but Bishop Timon may not even be fielding a varsity team this year. I hope Central can find a last minute replacement; maybe a Canadian team. But it doesnt look like it.
http://www.piaa.org/resources/open-d...s.aspx?ID=3124

Bishop McDevitt is generally a decent team I think. Long way though. Maybe they give free chocolate?

CCHS will probably just take the divisor. Likely they will run the table and for sure will get their home game so, what advantage is there to scheduling?
Old 08-27-17, 12:17 AM
Freshman

Zuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHS93 View Post
They are playing a team from Canada for the replacement game. I don't have the details on it.
Old 08-27-17, 12:25 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Week 3 home versus Canada Prep Football Academy out of St Catharines Ontario Canada. Supposed to be a bunch of 19 year olds that smacked LaBron's school last year by 3 scores.
Old 08-27-17, 03:19 PM
All Ohio

Wow thats an interesting matchup. Quite easily the best team that Canada offers. Its unofficially an all-star team.
Old 08-28-17, 08:34 AM
All World

Whitmer heads to MI to play Detroit Catholic Central while Toledo Central Catholic stays home to play Detroit MLK who beat a very good Indianapolis Cathedral team last week 38-35.

I really wish I could watch both of these.
Old 08-28-17, 09:48 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Whitmer heads to MI to play Detroit Catholic Central while Toledo Central Catholic stays home to play Detroit MLK who beat a very good Indianapolis Cathedral team last week 38-35.

Detroit MLK sounds like a combo of those great Palka teams with a mix of that great Maple Heights team and visited Central Catholic in 2010? or was it 2009?
Old 08-28-17, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I already posted that. Try to keep up.

Bit of a quandary myself. It's all probably going to come down to the food urges.

Couple places in north end I've been wanting to get to and maybe there's something in Novi but I've four places on my Detroit list I've not been. Five really, a Central American place in Mexican Town but saving that one.

Should be really good football at both, with possible wins.

Either game maybe on tv replay?
Old 08-28-17, 10:45 AM
Junior Varsity

ohsnonline is on a distinguished road
FYI about the Springfield extra point. Yes, they missed it, but it wasn't their regular holder or kicker. Both of them had to sit out that play due to one having their chin strap pop off and the other, I believe, was wearing a bracelet? of some sort. The ref made both go off the field and they couldn't come back in after the timeout, so they had to use back-ups.
Old 08-28-17, 11:12 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
Detroit MLK sounds like a combo of those great Palka teams with a mix of that great Maple Heights team and visited Central Catholic in 2010? or was it 2009?
Both. Lol

Maples Heights of 2009 whipped three Toledo teams in a row (CCHS, Rogers, SF) before losing in the final to Winton Woods. The 2010 team came to CCHS and won and ran the table going 15-0 beating Trotwood Madison for the title. I will never forget Shaq Washington.
Old 08-28-17, 11:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnonline View Post
FYI about the Springfield extra point. Yes, they missed it, but it wasn't their regular holder or kicker. Both of them had to sit out that play due to one having their chin strap pop off and the other, I believe, was wearing a bracelet? of some sort. The ref made both go off the field and they couldn't come back in after the timeout, so they had to use back-ups.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Now if only you guys will post on facebook the 7 turnovers and 5 interceptions like you post all the 7 on 7 throttlings.
Old 08-28-17, 11:19 AM
All World

Quote:
I already posted that. Try to keep up.

Either game maybe on tv replay?
I'm slow...

BCSN2 will play MLK @ CCHS at 11:30PM Friday night (and replayed and on demand past that).

They also will have Perrysburg vs. SJ, SF vs. Bedford, & Fremont Ross vs. Southview.

Good line-up compared to this past weeks Toledo Christian contest who I'm convinced would get beaten by 40 by all the teams mentioned above JV squads.
Old 08-29-17, 11:15 AM
Junior Varsity

ohsnonline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Now if only you guys will post on facebook the 7 turnovers and 5 interceptions like you post all the 7 on 7 throttlings.
Not sure what you mean by "you guys." I'm just a reporter that happened to be on the sideline and hear what took place at that time.
Old 08-29-17, 07:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnonline View Post
Not sure what you mean by "you guys." I'm just a reporter that happened to be on the sideline and hear what took place at that time.

Quote:
The term guy is generally restricted to males, as in Was that a guy or a girl?, but the form you guys may be used for groups of any combination of genders whether it is all male, all female or any combination.
Can be used for any sexual orientation: male, female, reporter. It's all good. I'm an amateur entomologist so anytime you needin help, just ask.
Old 08-29-17, 09:52 PM
Freshman

NLL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can be used for any sexual orientation: male, female, reporter. It's all good. I'm an amateur entomologist so anytime you needin help, just ask.
I feel a "fake news" reference coming....😄😄😄
Old 09-01-17, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLL View Post
I feel a "fake news" reference coming....😄😄😄
Hope I didn't scare him off.

Looks like I was going to pick a winner no matter which game I went to. Central Catholic beat MLK in what sounds like a good game. I saw Whitmer beat Novi Catholic Central in a good game. Much fun seeing nearly full home AND visitor stands and a Catholic team band with more than three players. The Whitmer people traveled. They seem to me to have a couple strong, and by "strong" I don't mean "good, though they are that too, RBs. Heck of a punter, great defense, QB has skills but rattles a bit and work needed on tackling. Good, well executed game.
Old 09-01-17, 10:01 PM
All World

TRAC represented very well tonight. Two tough Michigan teams fall hands to Toledo.