Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-11-17, 12:38 PM
Junior Varsity

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
not much whitmer talk. I was at the game last night and a couple of things.
1. despite what the fans will say it was a well officiated game. whitmer team leadership needs to figure out a way to reign in unsporting behavior.

2. whitmer looked terrible on the offensive side of the ball except for the last 8 minutes of each half.

3. olentangy looked like the better team most of the night. good job staying in the game and puling out the w.

4. 18 for olentangy was unstoppable most of the night. some questionable play calling in the 4th quarter really cost this team.
Old 11-11-17, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
"questionable play calling," well yeah I guess that can always be a fall back. More fair to be specific?

Their coach said they scored too quickly but what's the player to do? Won't occur to maybe one out of a hundred to take a dive. You take the points. And he said the kicking game let them down. It's a very talented team. They're not hurting for much in the way of coaching or training or life really.

Whitmer was outspent and out talented and pulled out a win. I think give your team all the credit in the world. This next Olentangy is very indicative of who lives there. There are a lot of athletes. A lot of athletes' kids, coaches kids... This Widdener LB a good example, kid of a Minn. coach, headed to MSU. Talent, drive, and resources. Washington Local has only blue collar Washington Local and that's minus those that go to a private school to play. On any given night, Whitmer showed they can compete with anyone in state and that's a great season.

Get another!
Old 11-11-17, 03:32 PM
Junior Varsity

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
I am a whitmer alum. I am a fan. the questionable play calling occurred in the 4th quarter with olentangy up six I believe. they went 3 and out throwing on first and third down when whitmer was struggling mightily containing the run
Old 11-11-17, 03:39 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledomansfield View Post
not much whitmer talk. I was at the game last night and a couple of things.
1. despite what the fans will say it was a well officiated game. whitmer team leadership needs to figure out a way to reign in unsporting behavior. Everyone has those "fans" that believe since they bought a ticket that gives them reason to roast the officials all night. Because, of course those guys are out to screw your team. I think most would agree that it was a very well officiated game. There were two plays that were personal fouls. One was the progression gang tackle on the QB and another was a DB diving at a WR and the WR at last second diving out of bounds resulting in helmet to helmet. Those are physical mistakes because kids are going hard. Whitmer fans would agree, the other BS needs to end. Two weeks now and it has become embarrassing.

2. whitmer looked terrible on the offensive side of the ball except for the last 8 minutes of each half. Whitmer fans agree.

3. olentangy looked like the better team most of the night. good job staying in the game and puling out the w. I believe the stats showed that minus the final scoreboard. In 2015 I though Whitmer looked like the better team. Sometimes the ball bounces your way.

4. 18 for olentangy was unstoppable most of the night. some questionable play calling in the 4th quarter really cost this team. I thought #1 was more special. I will say this, with limited time, calling that pop pass on 4th and short was gutsy. Not too many coaches have the cojones to make that call. If the LB takes the TE like he was supposed to the QB gets blasted and Solis is the biggest idiot in the world. That play suckd the air out of the Whitmer side. Very tough for 15/16/17 year old kids to respond to that with .52 seconds left but the Panthers did.
Win and advance.
Old 11-11-17, 03:48 PM
All World

Does Olentangy have a single poster on this site? Whitmer87 started a thread last week about the Whitmer Olentangy game and it drew only crickets. I cannot find anything on Liberty. It is always fun to get some friendly banter going. Even CCHS had a Clyde poster talking trash about shiny wrestling mats (I think?).
Old 11-11-17, 03:59 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Olentangy Liberty vs. Toledo Whitmer will be played at Findlay.
Old 11-11-17, 04:37 PM
All Yappi

Findlay: for the distance I bet it's well attended by both teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Does Olentangy have a single poster on this site? Whitmer87 started a thread last week about the Whitmer Olentangy game and it drew only crickets. I cannot find anything on Liberty. It is always fun to get some friendly banter going. Even CCHS had a Clyde poster talking trash about shiny wrestling mats (I think?).
When Rogers played them, they did. Classy ones, fun to talk to. That might have been the other site? Not that long ago but I think there was only one Olentangy. Now they're about to open a fourth. Wow.
Old 11-11-17, 05:07 PM
Freshman

liberty73 is on a distinguished road
I don't post that often but found this thread today. Looking forward to the match-up on Friday. My son was on the Liberty team three years ago that beat Whitmer in the first round of the playoffs. That was an entertaining game. I remember that Whitmer had a dominant Senior defensive lineman that was super impressive. Forgot his name but he sure was good. Had some great conversations with Whitmer fans that night. That game was one that my son and I will always remember.

Enough about the past... The strength of the current team (in my opinion) are the three starting senior linebackers which includes Ed Warinner who is committed to Michigan State (they could have used him today!). They have a Junior QB who is talented and is starting to really play within himself. One of his key targets is Junior WR Ben Roderick (6'4") and is also basketball prospect. Senior RB Matt Webb (5'10" - 220lbs) is solid and is a bowling ball between the tackles. The O-line has struggled a bit this year, especially against Wayne and Pick North who both have a dominant D1 defensive lineman. The O-line has settled in as the season has progressed.

If you want to see highlights of Liberty's games this year, just google Storied Rivals Olentangy liberty videos. Plenty of youtube highlights of this season and past seasons including the 2014 game against Whitmer...

Best of luck to both teams... Nothing like Ohio High School Football in November. See you in Findlay.
Old 11-12-17, 02:06 PM
Varsity

Kritzell is on a distinguished road
Note to anyone attending. I-75 is a disaster area in Findlay with the construction and Main St is 1 lane all the way through town. Exit #159 is closed so you will have to use #161 (county road 99) I would allow an extra 30 minutes of travel time at least. Good luck to the NW Ohio schools this week too!!
Old 11-12-17, 03:58 PM
All Yappi

"exit 159" that don't mean much. Is that Trenton Ave? 99 is above the Whirlpool, that's 30 extra minute? Ouch.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of the high school aren't I. This is the stadium with the seats better on the visitor side, right? Iget lost.
Old 11-12-17, 10:18 PM
All District

Trailsendcustom is on a distinguished road
The Whitmer/Liberty game a few years back Whitmer was down to the last QB on the roster. Liberty I think had a solid QB and WR's back then.

Three things I found remarkable about that game:

1. The visitors stands were packed but about 45 yards from the field.

2. The locker rooms were almost half a mile from the stadium(I'm not sure I'm exaggerating)

3. The home side was no more than half full.
Old 11-12-17, 10:30 PM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritzell View Post
Note to anyone attending. I-75 is a disaster area in Findlay with the construction and Main St is 1 lane all the way through town. Exit #159 is closed so you will have to use #161 (county road 99) I would allow an extra 30 minutes of travel time at least. Good luck to the NW Ohio schools this week too!!
You are correct 75 and Main are a mess but the game is not at the HS so do not need to get off at closed exit the 224 exit (159). If coming from North go to the next exit south of the HS with is SR 12 go to the stadium. I believe Lima avenue (exit by airport/Copper Tire) is still open for those coming from the South.
Old 11-13-17, 03:18 AM
Varsity

That will work too and you'll avoid Main St mess! Thanks CC

Lima Ave exit is closed heading north (156)So north bounders will have to use 157. Confused yet
Old 11-13-17, 09:54 AM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritzell View Post
That will work too and you'll avoid Main St mess! Thanks CC

Lima Ave exit is closed heading north (156)So north bounders will have to use 157. Confused yet

My gosh, all that big city traffic. Hopefully WFIN has a traffic chopper overhead.
Old 11-13-17, 03:53 PM
All World

Krirzell thanks. Does Findlay have a subway yet? Somewhere we can park and ride the train to Donnell?
Old 11-13-17, 05:26 PM
Varsity

No subway yet but they are building a Mancy's Steakhouse on Main St.
Old 11-13-17, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

Only fair since we took your best chef away from you. Could be you're really getting that chef back. There seems to be some sort of cooperative between Mancy's and Revolution Grille, here in Toledo too.
Old 11-14-17, 03:49 PM
All World

2017 All-TRAC team.

https://www.tracsports.org/2017-trac...ference-teams/

Here would be my defensive picks...

DL - Cavon Butler - Whitmer
DL - Dominique Kimble - CCHS
DL - Dylan Houghtlen - Whitmer
DL - De'Marko Craig - CCHS
LB - Dallas Fields - CCHS
LB - Justin Scheits - CCHS
LB - Kaleb Breitner - Whitmer
LB - Dallas Gant - SJ
DB - Pe'Sheon Wimberly - Whitmer
DB - Sammy Stickels - Whitmer
DB - Luke Beadle - Whitmer
DB - Andrew Parker - CCHS
DB - Sean Blue - CCHS
DB - Jeron Swain - CCHS

I'd rotate a lot of DB's.

SF and Lima over represented IMO. Clay? Beat both SF and Lima AND SJ and got ONE kid first team? Not many beyond that either? Ah well thank goodness for fairness and politicking.
Old 11-14-17, 07:35 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scheits not making first team is a joke
Old 11-16-17, 03:59 PM
Freshman

Eaglesrize is on a distinguished road
See my boys. Will have more next year. Basketball season for us now.
Old 11-16-17, 04:19 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
No reason to get off on 161.....take 75 to Exit 157 (St Rt 12)....go East into town til Hurd St ....turn right. Once you cross Lima Ave start looking for a parking spot. Take any of the side roads to your left and park on the street. Really is no parking lot unless you get there at 6 o'clock.
Old 11-16-17, 06:57 PM
All District

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
Be careful on 75 near Findlay. Construction makes it a bit dicey and drivers arent used to it. I had a soccer tournament in Dayton last month and it took us 4 hours to get there from Toledo. 90+ minute standstill due to 4 car accident. On way back going north we saw it happen again in the southbound lanes. So be careful going south near Findlay.
Old 11-17-17, 06:52 AM
All Yappi

HELLO Fostoria. Seems a time-safer route, even though a bit longer?
Old 11-17-17, 09:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
HELLO Fostoria. Seems a time-safer route, even though a bit longer?
I thought about this as well. I took the Fostoria route two years ago, when 75 was a real mess, and beat my buddies down to Donnell. Better scenery as well. I mean, it isn't every day that you see a small stone quarry in someone's front yard? And the smut stores at the Route 6 intersection? Nothing is more reminiscent to a Whitmer fan than a couple nude book stores. Throw in a Golden Corral and it could be home.

Earlier this season I made the trip to Lima and I-75 was great until I got right inside Findlay. Six lanes and no traffic back-ups. Did I miss something or is there new construction prior to Findlay heading South?
Old 11-18-17, 03:13 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrundle View Post
A bridge may have been gapped amongst the Toledo Catholics tonight. Will the Mid City and Star's League kids, that make up the majority of the CCHS team, maybe begin to jump ship and start exploring other options?
How’d SFS and SJJ do last night?? Don’t answer that, looks like your wet dream is is a little pre mature.
Old 11-18-17, 03:58 PM
Freshman

chrundle is on a distinguished road
How long have you been waiting to post this? It is is weird that you are talking about wet dreams. Can you still produce that 16 man list of the out of district Whitmer starters?