Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-12-17, 08:55 PM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/the-walking...ugh-season-12/

Old article, but just wanted to throw this out as a reminder for some
Old 11-12-17, 09:11 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/the-walking...ugh-season-12/

Old article, but just wanted to throw this out as a reminder for some
The fans will decide. When all is said and done TWD will be a lesson for all on how to ruin a good thing for the sake of bleeding it for all it is worth.
Old 11-12-17, 10:34 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Tonight's episode was good, not great. Next week looks like a "big" episode.
Old 11-12-17, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Did anyone else notice at the opening of last week's episode of The Talking Dead that Chris Hardwick made a point of how Norman Reedus is still filming episodes for season 7, but no one said anything about Ross Marquand (Aaron) still being on set?

Does that mean Aaron dies this season?
Old 11-13-17, 10:38 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Tonight's episode was good, not great. Next week looks like a "big" episode.
In some ways last night might have seen the best episode of this season so far though that is faint praise. I did like the structure of the show and while they milked the Kingdom's disaster for all it was worth it was sad how it ended for them.

Again though the prodigious use of ammunition is startling and by next season everyone will be battling each other with axes. One question I have from last nights Carol versus the Saviors mega shoot out: "do you think the truck is dead yet given that they shot it 40,000 times"?

I also didn't buy into Sheba's fate. The explosiveness of a 500 pound Tiger is off the charts and the cat likely would have been able to burst free almost to the very end. I did like the creative way the annoying "I am Negan" dweeb met his end at the ax of the big Samoan guy!
Old 11-13-17, 11:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
In some ways last night might have seen the best episode of this season so far though that is faint praise. I did like the structure of the show and while they milked the Kingdom's disaster for all it was worth it was sad how it ended for them.

Again though the prodigious use of ammunition is startling and by next season everyone will be battling each other with axes. One question I have from last nights Carol versus the Saviors mega shoot out: "do you think the truck is dead yet given that they shot it 40,000 times"?

I also didn't buy into Sheba's fate. The explosiveness of a 500 pound Tiger is off the charts and the cat likely would have been able to burst free almost to the very end. I did like the creative way the annoying "I am Negan" dweeb met his end at the ax of the big Samoan guy!
That's how she died in the comics. I too enjoyed the Jeffrey Dahmer look a like getting split in half.
Old 11-13-17, 12:05 PM
Varsity

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
I wish this show would just end. I've watched from day 1, so I almost feel like I HAVE to watch it every week. We just shoot bullet after bullet after bullet, and nobody dies. They light up Rick's jeep from 10' and he keeps driving. Sometimes 1 walker can overpower 10 people, and sometimes 100 walkers are killed by 1 person with a stick. I swear the only reason I'm watching at this point is to see Carl get eaten! lol.
Old 11-13-17, 04:09 PM
All World

The show jumped the Tiger errr Shark long ago but it officially happened last night.

I left AMC on as Talking Dead was on and the rapper they had on as a guest got a tad too critical for Kirkman's liking. It was funny to hear a dork whine about someone being critical over his runaway comic book fantasy land.
Old 11-14-17, 08:37 AM
All Region

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
I wish this show would just end. I've watched from day 1, so I almost feel like I HAVE to watch it every week. We just shoot bullet after bullet after bullet, and nobody dies. They light up Rick's jeep from 10' and he keeps driving. Sometimes 1 walker can overpower 10 people, and sometimes 100 walkers are killed by 1 person with a stick. I swear the only reason I'm watching at this point is to see Carl get eaten! lol.
What was comical is they killed almost every single person in the field with the .50 caliber on what looked like the first sweep. They then only hit Rick's jeep, that is right in front of them, one time. It takes 2 guys to break down the .50 but 1 guy set it up super fast in the back of a moving truck. The truck Carol is hiding behind has more bullets bounce off of it than penetrate. That truck should've been shredded. The tires are never shot out. Why didn't she just drop down and shoot them from under the truck as they left cover? They need to hire an ex-military guy to choreograph their fight scenes.
Old 11-14-17, 02:17 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
What was comical is they killed almost every single person in the field with the .50 caliber on what looked like the first sweep. They then only hit Rick's jeep, that is right in front of them, one time. It takes 2 guys to break down the .50 but 1 guy set it up super fast in the back of a moving truck. The truck Carol is hiding behind has more bullets bounce off of it than penetrate. That truck should've been shredded. The tires are never shot out. Why didn't she just drop down and shoot them from under the truck as they left cover? They need to hire an ex-military guy to choreograph their fight scenes.
I was under the impression that the aft facing 50 was already set up for just such an occasion. The fact that Rick ran interference for Darrell with his jeep was ludicrous. Oh, and the King should have known better than to leave his people out in the open like that.
Old 11-14-17, 03:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I was under the impression that the aft facing 50 was already set up for just such an occasion. The fact that Rick ran interference for Darrell with his jeep was ludicrous. Oh, and the King should have known better than to leave his people out in the open like that.
When they loaded the 2 boxed up .50s there wasn't one set up in the back of the truck.
Old 11-14-17, 10:31 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Everyone that I know that used to love it now hates it.... tons of things are now bothering me about the show. Lot of posters have already mentioned some of it so I won't repeat those but why did Rick have to jump from the jeep to the truck when he could of easily just shot the guy from his jeep when they were side by side???
Old 11-15-17, 12:04 AM
All World

They need to stop sticking to the comics, bc the comics have no end in sight.
Old 11-15-17, 06:22 AM
All World

We were spoiled early on. The show was too good. Once season three hit it was the beginning of the end. The Governor, Terminus and Gareth, Wolves, Negan? Pet Tigers? Weirdo junkyard folk who have now apparently disappeared (yet another hole)? I said this eons ago but once Darabont left the show it was ALL comic book fantasy from that point forward. After they bleed Negan for everything he is worth who will be the next villain? I'm sure the comic book folks could tell us? They need to work toward a end. Jeffery Dean Morgan signed on for 3 seasons? Cut contracts short and work toward an end before the whole thing is ruined.
Old 11-15-17, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Everyone that I know that used to love it now hates it.... tons of things are now bothering me about the show. Lot of posters have already mentioned some of it so I won't repeat those but why did Rick have to jump from the jeep to the truck when he could of easily just shot the guy from his jeep when they were side by side???
Wasn't Rick out of bullets?
Old 11-15-17, 08:59 AM
All Region

For all of its faults this was the best episode of the season. I know a turd wrapped in bacon is still a turd. Just saying this episode was at least wrapped in bacon.
Old 11-15-17, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
For all of its faults this was the best episode of the season. I know a turd wrapped in bacon is still a turd. Just saying this episode was at least wrapped in bacon.
And everything tastes better with bacon!
Old 11-15-17, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
We were spoiled early on. The show was too good. Once season three hit it was the beginning of the end. The Governor, Terminus and Gareth, Wolves, Negan? Pet Tigers? Weirdo junkyard folk who have now apparently disappeared (yet another hole)? I said this eons ago but once Darabont left the show it was ALL comic book fantasy from that point forward. After they bleed Negan for everything he is worth who will be the next villain? I'm sure the comic book folks could tell us? They need to work toward a end. Jeffery Dean Morgan signed on for 3 seasons? Cut contracts short and work toward an end before the whole thing is ruined.
I have to say your warnings early on have proven to be the most accurate. I wasn't familiar with the source comic book material but it seems like the "villains" of the WD were inspired more by the Adam Ward Batman TV series then anything else. For sure the bad guys in the WD have been the shows Achilles heel since season 3.
Old 11-15-17, 09:09 AM
All World

The Telltale video game series is better than the show and the comics.
Old 11-15-17, 11:22 AM
All World

Quote:
I have to say your warnings early on have proven to be the most accurate. I wasn't familiar with the source comic book material but it seems like the "villains" of the WD were inspired more by the Adam Ward Batman TV series then anything else. For sure the bad guys in the WD have been the shows Achilles heel since season 3.
And the worst part is they ARE good characters. They should have done away with the Governor and Gareth stories completely and gone straight to Morgan as Negan IMO. People are sick of the same old. We've seen this movie before. Move one. Move towards something. Move towards human extinction or human redemption.
Old 11-15-17, 11:44 AM
All World

Quote:
And the worst part is they ARE good characters. They should have done away with the Governor and Gareth stories completely and gone straight to Morgan as Negan IMO. People are sick of the same old. We've seen this movie before. Move one. Move towards something. Move towards human extinction or human redemption.
Cutting out the Govenor story would've been an awful decision.
Old 11-15-17, 12:16 PM
Varsity

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
Negan is a great character and we haven't seen him in 2 or 3 weeks now? I'm about to switch sides and start rooting for the Saviors. And the tiger dies but Carl lives? Such an injustice.
Old 11-15-17, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
They should have done away with the Governor and Gareth stories completely and gone straight to Morgan as Negan IMO.
Morgan as Negan? Or did you mean Morgan and Negan?
Old 11-15-17, 01:05 PM
All Region

Quote:
And everything tastes better with bacon!
Mmmmmm bacon!
Old 11-15-17, 01:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Cutting out the Govenor story would've been an awful decision.
Your opinion. I thought it was drawn out and boring. Just like now with Negan.
Old 11-15-17, 01:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Morgan as Negan? Or did you mean Morgan and Negan?
No I meant Jeffery Dean MORGAN as Negan. The actor who plays Negan.
Old 11-15-17, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No I meant Jeffery Dean MORGAN as Negan. The actor who plays Negan.
Ha! Ok. I thought you meant the character Lennie James plays turning into a maniacal warlord like Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character.
Old 11-15-17, 03:43 PM
All World

I thought about that as soon as I typed it.
Old 11-15-17, 09:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
Negan is a great character and we haven't seen him in 2 or 3 weeks now? I'm about to switch sides and start rooting for the Saviors. And the tiger dies but Carl lives? Such an injustice.
Negan is far and away the best part of the show. However, they're stretching out his role way too much.

And I'd say it's highly unlikely Carl dies unless Chandler Riggs leaves the show. The prevailing theory on how this ends is "Old Man Carl" as a narrator describing the events of the series after the a new world has built.
Old 11-15-17, 11:25 PM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
I find i like the show more and more as it makes some of you more miserable. Its an f'n tv show about zombies for christ sake. just watch it for what it is and enjoy an hour of tv on sunday nights. jesus

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: