Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-14-17, 03:21 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hayes View Post
Oh, got it. I don't know all the dynamics up that way but it seems like there are a lot of Parochial school fans on this thread weighing in, so that's what led me to my conclusion/guess.

Regarding 2nd question, define "Steal"....these kids are personal property of the Coaches??
No they are not the property of the other coaches or school districts but for those that are aware of how Rotsky operates, they will know exactly what I mean.
Old 11-14-17, 04:25 PM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
What's that old saying "if you aint cheatin you aint tryin" LOL Why debate this nonsense? It's been going on for years. Nothing has come of it. NOTHING! LOL. OHSAA has photos & films of cheating. Nothing Happens. If you think Jeff Rotzky is the only coach in Ohio that plays the Gray Line, then you must have been born last night.
Old 11-15-17, 08:08 PM
Freshman

EuclidGhost is on a distinguished road
My favorite was his first year at Euclid when he borrowed 6 players from Cleveland Heights for the football season. They all transferred back to Cleveland Heights after the football season and graduated with their classmates.
Old 11-15-17, 08:24 PM
Junior Varsity

NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidGhost View Post
My favorite was his first year at Euclid when he borrowed 6 players from Cleveland Heights for the football season. They all transferred back to Cleveland Heights after the football season and graduated with their classmates.
Is this true?
Old 11-16-17, 09:48 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidGhost View Post
When you have mercenaries pulling that off, that destroys the value of the diploma.
Old 11-17-17, 11:32 AM
All District

TRBengal is on a distinguished road
OHSAA has bigger fish to fry than Rotsky........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night light View Post
Why start following the rules now. The OHSAA turns its back on everything this guys does so why would an illegal practice or two be a problem?
First, I would love to see Jeff Rotsky at Benedictine, but on a short leash. He does some crazy maneuvers for sure, but the personal, quality time and direction he invests in his players is unique. Like watching hours of game film to bring out the best in his recruits/players. He is an excellent coach and motivator.

If OHSAA wanted to crack down on questionable tactics, particularly tampering, they can make an example out of one of the highest profile head coaches in Ohio, Ted Ginn Sr. Not only does he discourage players from the "hood" from enrolling in Parochial schools, once they do, he continues to call them each year during the summer, inviting them on his bus tours and trying to convince them to transfer. But nobody will crack on Ginn for fear of discrimination charges.

I'm sure there are other coaches out there doing the nasty, but Rotsky and Ginn may be the biggest offenders, and you can't discipline one and not the other.
Old 11-17-17, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBengal View Post
First, I would love to see Jeff Rotsky at Benedictine, but on a short leash. He does some crazy maneuvers for sure, but the personal, quality time and direction he invests in his players is unique. Like watching hours of game film to bring out the best in his recruits/players. He is an excellent coach and motivator.

If OHSAA wanted to crack down on questionable tactics, particularly tampering, they can make an example out of one of the highest profile head coaches in Ohio, Ted Ginn Sr. Not only does he discourage players from the "hood" from enrolling in Parochial schools, once they do, he continues to call them each year during the summer, inviting them on his bus tours and trying to convince them to transfer. But nobody will crack on Ginn for fear of discrimination charges.

I'm sure there are other coaches out there doing the nasty, but Rotsky and Ginn may be the biggest offenders, and you can't discipline one and not the other.
Rotsky is a man that promotes faith with his players (you can get away with that at some public schools), but he is not Christian, let alone a Catholic. Do Catholic schools tend to hire varsity coaches that are at least Christian, if not Catholic?

For the record, I don't think Rotsky needs to leave Euclid. He has them going in a good direction. But when the time comes, I wonder where he will end up next.
Old 11-17-17, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
When you have mercenaries pulling that off, that destroys the value of the diploma.
Old 11-17-17, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzfan1234 View Post
Rotsky is a man that promotes faith with his players (you can get away with that at some public schools), but he is not Christian, let alone a Catholic. Do Catholic schools tend to hire varsity coaches that are at least Christian, if not Catholic?

For the record, I don't think Rotsky needs to leave Euclid. He has them going in a good direction. But when the time comes, I wonder where he will end up next.
Chanel hired him, no?

Not sure how it is elsewhere, but being Catholic is not a requirement to be employed at my Catholic school which is diocesan run (not Diocese of Cleveland). However, if I am Catholic, I cannot leave the Church. If I am not Catholic, I cannot promote my faith to the students. Either one would be grounds for dismissal. Catholicism is a proselytizing faith. If a teacher or student is not of the faith, he or she is welcome. That all flies right in the face of private school detractors who try to play the "what percentage of your team is actually Catholic?" card. Of course, Catholic schools will accept non-Catholics. The hope is that they can be converted to the faith.

My diocesan code of conduct policy requires me to promote the Catholic faith and the school's values in all settings both in and out of school. Independently run Catholic schools, like a Benedictine, might have different employment requirements.

Incidentally, years ago when I was in Columbus looking for a job, I once saw an ad in the Dispatch for a teaching position at a Christian school where being a born-again Christian was a requirement.
Old 11-17-17, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Chanel hired him, no?
And then DB and HSfan60 placed all of Chanel's sins upon Rotsky, and cast him out into the wilderness