Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-10-17, 10:36 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc5397 View Post
In a school with about 200 boys, that’s a huge percentage. And him not being in the building was an issue for some. Contributed to his sense of not being accountable to others.
That is a really big school building to have only 200 boys. If that's accurate, trying to convince people that it was an otherwise "healthy" school before Rotsky is a ridiculous notion.
Old 11-11-17, 04:16 AM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Iggy domination. Rotsky has like 8 months to recruit better players.
Old 11-11-17, 07:07 AM
All Yappi

Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Total Iggy domination. Rotsky has like 8 months to recruit better players.
He's done a heck of a job with a program that was extremely mediocre before he got there. It's not easy to be able to compete at an inner-ring school against the best teams in the top division. Rotsky's teams have consistently been eliminated by Eds and Ignatius over the course of the past decade or so, but there's little shame in that fact considering how rare it has been for any public school in this area (besides Mentor, of course) to beat those teams in the postseason.

I will also add this: The comments you're making are rich considering the fact that the school you support benefits from being able to bring in Division I-caliber talent from all over while competing in the lowest divisions. Benedictine has had the same advantage, and I've always owned that reality, but it's a different animal when talking about a sport like football where you need dozens of talented players to truly compete at the highest levels.
Old 11-11-17, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennies'01 View Post
he's done a heck of a job with a program that was extremely mediocre before he got there. It's not easy to be able to compete at an inner-ring school against the best teams in the top division. Rotsky's teams have consistently been eliminated by eds and ignatius over the course of the past decade or so, but there's little shame in that fact considering how rare it has been for any public school in this area (besides mentor, of course) to beat those teams in the postseason.

I will also add this: The comments you're making are rich considering the fact that the school you support benefits from being able to bring in division i-caliber talent from all over while competing in the lowest divisions. Benedictine has had the same advantage, and i've always owned that reality, but it's a different animal when talking about a sport like football where you need dozens of talented players to truly compete at the highest levels.
+1
Old 11-11-17, 09:13 AM
All Ohio

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Its why the power 5 in D-1 are making things predictable and boring.Ignatius,Ed's,Moeller,Xavier,Elder.Even though Ed's and Moeller are out of the picture this year.Talking long term past,present,and future.
Old 11-11-17, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Its why the power 5 in D-1 are making things predictable and boring.Ignatius,Ed's,Moeller,Xavier,Elder.Even though Ed's and Moeller are out of the picture this year. Talking long term past,present,and future.
The top private schools in the Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Akron metro areas go through a cycle in which many of the "football daddies" of 7th and 8th graders look at the strength of the classes at their sons' positions two years older than their boys, and then go to the weakest competition for playing time. It's the best shot at being a 3 year starter. All provide a fine education, and very few of these "free agents" care if it's Jesuit, etc.

This creates a dynamic in which these mega-programs just take turns taking home the trophy. Ho-hum. Try harder, peons.

How does one not root for a "maniac" like Rotsky ? The guy is a friggin' high school football Robin of Locksley. Let the self-righteous phonies with the aging grudges moan all they want - he is providing something to many that would otherwise be denied to them, in a language that they can understand. Let's be real here - he's a drastic upgrade over anything else that 80% of these boys may have available.

I hope he has matured enough to put down some roots.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 11-11-17 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-11-17, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
The top private schools in the Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Akron metro areas go through a cycle in which many of the "football daddies" of 7th and 8th graders look at the strength of the classes at their sons' positions two years older than their boys, and then go to the weakest competition for playing time. It's the best shot at being a 3 year starter. All provide a fine education, and very few of these "free agents" care if it's Jesuit, etc.

This creates a dynamic in which these mega-programs just take turns taking home the trophy. Ho-hum. Try harder, peons.

How does one not root for a "maniac" like Rotsky ? The guy is a friggin' high school football Robin of Locksley. Let the self-righteous phonies with the aging grudges moan all they want - he is providing something to many that would otherwise be denied to them, in a language that they can understand. Let's be real here - he's a drastic upgrade over anything else that 80% of these boys may have available.

I hope he has matured enough to put down some roots.
After reading 8 pages of this I am confident that at any moment Rotsky will either: 1) walk across Lake Erie; or 2) completely poison it.
Old 11-11-17, 03:28 PM
All Yappi

He can't do both at the same time ?
Old 11-11-17, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He can't do both at the same time ?
Nope, he has to be either the Messiah or Satan. There is no gray area on this subject. No middle ground.
Old 11-13-17, 03:59 PM
Freshman

EuclidGhost is on a distinguished road
Rotsky held his first practice for 2018 this past Saturday.
Old 11-13-17, 04:11 PM
All District

TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidGhost View Post
Rotsky held his first practice for 2018 this past Saturday.
Either you love him or hate him. But one things for sure, wherever he goes he wins. Whatever it takes. Practicing on a Saturday after a playoff loss, finding the right personnel, getting the most out of his players, building a squad out of nothing, turning losers into winners, rattling the status quo, screaming at the top of his lungs to get results, WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN!
Let it rip Jeff Rotzky. Let it Rip!
Old 11-13-17, 04:40 PM
All District

TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Isnít there a no contact rule with OHSAA after the season? Iím pretty sure itís X amount of days after the season.
DB04. What Aren't You Getting. Anything To Win! He gets his mantra from Al Davis. Just Win Baby. Win! LOL!!!
Old 11-13-17, 05:09 PM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
Yes there is

Quote:
Isnít there a no contact rule with OHSAA after the season? Iím pretty sure itís X amount of days after the season.
Season ends after conclusion of last regular season or OHSAA tournament game.
Coach- No contact period begins the first day after last interscholastic contest and ends 28 days later.

But he never violates any rules - per his cult followers.
Old 11-13-17, 05:34 PM
All District

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
Season ends after conclusion of last regular season or OHSAA tournament game.
Coach- No contact period begins the first day after last interscholastic contest and ends 28 days later.

But he never violates any rules - per his cult followers.
Why start following the rules now. The OHSAA turns its back on everything this guys does so why would an illegal practice or two be a problem?
Old 11-14-17, 03:21 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hayes View Post
Oh, got it. I don't know all the dynamics up that way but it seems like there are a lot of Parochial school fans on this thread weighing in, so that's what led me to my conclusion/guess.

Regarding 2nd question, define "Steal"....these kids are personal property of the Coaches??
No they are not the property of the other coaches or school districts but for those that are aware of how Rotsky operates, they will know exactly what I mean.
Old 11-14-17, 04:25 PM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
What's that old saying "if you aint cheatin you aint tryin" LOL Why debate this nonsense? It's been going on for years. Nothing has come of it. NOTHING! LOL. OHSAA has photos & films of cheating. Nothing Happens. If you think Jeff Rotzky is the only coach in Ohio that plays the Gray Line, then you must have been born last night.
Old 11-15-17, 08:08 PM
Freshman

My favorite was his first year at Euclid when he borrowed 6 players from Cleveland Heights for the football season. They all transferred back to Cleveland Heights after the football season and graduated with their classmates.
Old 11-15-17, 08:24 PM
Varsity

NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidGhost View Post
My favorite was his first year at Euclid when he borrowed 6 players from Cleveland Heights for the football season. They all transferred back to Cleveland Heights after the football season and graduated with their classmates.
Is this true?
Old 11-17-17, 11:32 AM
All District

TRBengal is on a distinguished road
OHSAA has bigger fish to fry than Rotsky........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night light View Post
Why start following the rules now. The OHSAA turns its back on everything this guys does so why would an illegal practice or two be a problem?
First, I would love to see Jeff Rotsky at Benedictine, but on a short leash. He does some crazy maneuvers for sure, but the personal, quality time and direction he invests in his players is unique. Like watching hours of game film to bring out the best in his recruits/players. He is an excellent coach and motivator.

If OHSAA wanted to crack down on questionable tactics, particularly tampering, they can make an example out of one of the highest profile head coaches in Ohio, Ted Ginn Sr. Not only does he discourage players from the "hood" from enrolling in Parochial schools, once they do, he continues to call them each year during the summer, inviting them on his bus tours and trying to convince them to transfer. But nobody will crack on Ginn for fear of discrimination charges.

I'm sure there are other coaches out there doing the nasty, but Rotsky and Ginn may be the biggest offenders, and you can't discipline one and not the other.
Old 11-17-17, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBengal View Post
First, I would love to see Jeff Rotsky at Benedictine, but on a short leash. He does some crazy maneuvers for sure, but the personal, quality time and direction he invests in his players is unique. Like watching hours of game film to bring out the best in his recruits/players. He is an excellent coach and motivator.

If OHSAA wanted to crack down on questionable tactics, particularly tampering, they can make an example out of one of the highest profile head coaches in Ohio, Ted Ginn Sr. Not only does he discourage players from the "hood" from enrolling in Parochial schools, once they do, he continues to call them each year during the summer, inviting them on his bus tours and trying to convince them to transfer. But nobody will crack on Ginn for fear of discrimination charges.

I'm sure there are other coaches out there doing the nasty, but Rotsky and Ginn may be the biggest offenders, and you can't discipline one and not the other.
Rotsky is a man that promotes faith with his players (you can get away with that at some public schools), but he is not Christian, let alone a Catholic. Do Catholic schools tend to hire varsity coaches that are at least Christian, if not Catholic?

For the record, I don't think Rotsky needs to leave Euclid. He has them going in a good direction. But when the time comes, I wonder where he will end up next.
Old 11-17-17, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
When you have mercenaries pulling that off, that destroys the value of the diploma.
Old 11-17-17, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzfan1234 View Post
Rotsky is a man that promotes faith with his players (you can get away with that at some public schools), but he is not Christian, let alone a Catholic. Do Catholic schools tend to hire varsity coaches that are at least Christian, if not Catholic?

For the record, I don't think Rotsky needs to leave Euclid. He has them going in a good direction. But when the time comes, I wonder where he will end up next.
Chanel hired him, no?

Not sure how it is elsewhere, but being Catholic is not a requirement to be employed at my Catholic school which is diocesan run (not Diocese of Cleveland). However, if I am Catholic, I cannot leave the Church. If I am not Catholic, I cannot promote my faith to the students. Either one would be grounds for dismissal. Catholicism is a proselytizing faith. If a teacher or student is not of the faith, he or she is welcome. That all flies right in the face of private school detractors who try to play the "what percentage of your team is actually Catholic?" card. Of course, Catholic schools will accept non-Catholics. The hope is that they can be converted to the faith.

My diocesan code of conduct policy requires me to promote the Catholic faith and the school's values in all settings both in and out of school. Independently run Catholic schools, like a Benedictine, might have different employment requirements.

Incidentally, years ago when I was in Columbus looking for a job, I once saw an ad in the Dispatch for a teaching position at a Christian school where being a born-again Christian was a requirement.
Old 11-17-17, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Chanel hired him, no?
And then DB and HSfan60 placed all of Chanel's sins upon Rotsky, and cast him out into the wilderness
Old 01-03-18, 07:33 PM
Freshman

off season

Euclid football is off to a strong off season. The boys allegedly stole money out of the booster club's concession stand. Then followed that up with clogging the toilets in the boys bathroom, defecating on top and flooding the floor in the bathroom and hallway. All on security cameras.

AD has threaten to close down the building after school to everyone so the wrestling team and basketball teams can't practice.

Other sport teams at Euclid must hold their own fundraisers to pay for coaches and uniforms because the football team has broke the budget. Now they might take away their practice time. Hey I guess if 2-3 kids get a college scholarship and attend 1 semester before flunking out it is worth it. The other hundreds of kids in sports at Euclid don't matter.
Old 01-03-18, 07:55 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I read it like three times to see if he was actually serious. Yep, that damn diploma from ten years ago now that you've graduated from college and are in the real world sure is diminished from your actions. Dear GAWD.
Old 01-04-18, 11:25 AM
All District

jet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
Is this true?
I know somebody on the Heights staff. They lost two kids to Euclid that way. Neither one of them ever lived in Euclid. One of them transferred back, the other was going to, but decided to stay and graduate at Euclid. There was another kid that transferred to Euclid from Shaker, after the season was over he transferred back to Shaker.
Old 01-04-18, 08:50 PM
All District

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
How did he miss out on Tyreke Smith? I'm sure it wasn't for a lack of trying.
Old 01-04-18, 09:14 PM
Freshman

Longest_Yard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night light View Post
How did he miss out on Tyreke Smith? I'm sure it wasn't for a lack of trying.
In the recruiting article discussing Tyreke Smith's recent verbal commitment to OSU his high school coach says Smith is a great character guy and 4.0 student....Your answer is, he's too smart and classy for Rotsky's BS.
Old 01-04-18, 11:53 PM
All District

jet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longest_Yard View Post
In the recruiting article discussing Tyreke Smith's recent verbal commitment to OSU his high school coach says Smith is a great character guy and 4.0 student....Your answer is, he's too smart and classy for Rotsky's BS.
Rotsky tried to get him as a 9th grader, he didn't want to play football at that point
Old 01-05-18, 06:29 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I read it like three times to see if he was actually serious. Yep, that damn diploma from ten years ago now that you've graduated from college and are in the real world sure is diminished from your actions. Dear GAWD.
What percent of the students from that school do you think benefit from that follow-on dilplima? What he posted is correct. The value of the local school diploma is raised or lowered by the actions of those that follow affecting the reputation of the school. It might not mean much in California but it does more locally.

Dear GAWD, one shouldn't have had the experience of triaging resumes to be able to foresee this. Agreeing with DB can be more difficult, but in this case, blind squirrel.