Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-12-17, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Qb sneak on 3 no timeouts fire hue.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-17, 02:37 PM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
There is Hue giving points away again ... he needs to stop pointing fingers at the FO and start learning how to manage the clock ... they have had winnable games ... he is just too stupid to know what to do.
Old 11-12-17, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Calling a run with no timeouts...Dear god.

Hue sucks.
Old 11-12-17, 02:49 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If that isn't the last straw, you have proof the season is being thrown!
Old 11-12-17, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Again, a collective ugh. I get we are in a rebuild and have limited talent, but the decision making and play calling is awful. Hue talks about them having to be perfect to win. Well Hue, it starts with you.
Old 11-12-17, 04:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Again, a collective ugh. I get we are in a rebuild and have limited talent, but the decision making and play calling is awful. Hue talks about them having to be perfect to win. Well Hue, it starts with you.
How do you only on cover trips with 2 DBs ... both 10 yards off???

Down 14, with 3:30 left, you hudle and take damb near 40 second to run a play???

Play action fake reverse on 3-10 with 1:30 left down 14????
Old 11-12-17, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
How do you only on cover trips with 2 DBs ... both 10 yards off???

Down 14, with 3:30 left, you hudle and take damb near 40 second to run a play???

Play action fake reverse on 3-10 with 1:30 left down 14????
...but he doesn't need an OC...

They make coaching errors every week that a high school staff wouldn't make.
Old 11-12-17, 09:46 PM
All Region

domi is on a distinguished road
It looks some players are saying the qb sneak right before half was a Kizer audible. Ouch
Old 11-13-17, 02:06 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB135 View Post
If that isn't the last straw, you have proof the season is being thrown!

Niners win.

Houston loses.

Resign Pryor this off-season at 1/5 his current contract.

2 top 10 picks

4 top 40 picks

Team Sashi
Old 11-13-17, 05:22 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
It looks some players are saying the qb sneak right before half was a Kizer audible. Ouch
Duke wanted to puke, but he can't do what he did.
Old 11-13-17, 05:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post

Niners win.

Houston loses.

2 top 10 picks

4 top 40 picks

Team Sashi
Strategy - 8.5/10

Player selection - 6.5/10

Sashi needs a boss.

Hue wearing two hats as HC and OC isn't working. If his goal is to have no one on the planet knowing what might happen next as the clock winds down each time, he's been very successful......
Old 11-13-17, 06:11 AM
All American

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post

Niners win.

Houston loses.

2 top 10 picks

4 top 40 picks

Team Sashi
What is it defined as when you expect a different result from the same people making those decisions?

Last edited by DB135; 11-13-17 at 06:27 AM..
Old 11-13-17, 06:26 AM
All American

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
You have a fundamental decision that a QB should know, that with 9 seconds you can get two plays off, that Kiser should have known and should have had reinforced through coaching.

Listen to Coach Rutigliano, in post game analysis, who is an outspoken critic of how the owner has structured the management and coaching decisions and you'll see that a house cleaning is necessary if you expect the team to start making the decisions, they need to improve. The owner and team management lack of experience and knowledge will continue to produce the same results. If the results over the last two years, haven't proven that to you, then you deserve what you're getting.

The trade fiasco and the coaching decision yesterday, either directly or by exposing a major mistake by an inexperienced QB, should convince you things are only going to get worse. An experienced GM needs to be hired to put this train wreck back on the tracks.

Last edited by DB135; 11-13-17 at 06:43 AM..
Old 11-13-17, 11:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB135 View Post
You have a fundamental decision that a QB should know, that with 9 seconds you can get two plays off, that Kiser should have known and should have had reinforced through coaching.

Listen to Coach Rutigliano, in post game analysis, who is an outspoken critic of how the owner has structured the management and coaching decisions and you'll see that a house cleaning is necessary if you expect the team to start making the decisions, they need to improve. The owner and team management lack of experience and knowledge will continue to produce the same results. If the results over the last two years, haven't proven that to you, then you deserve what you're getting.

The trade fiasco and the coaching decision yesterday, either directly or by exposing a major mistake by an inexperienced QB, should convince you things are only going to get worse. An experienced GM needs to be hired to put this train wreck back on the tracks.
Here is my problem with that ... the Browns do not typically get the most experienced GMs or coaches, because the experienced ones have other choices, they get inexperienced GMs and coaches ... and then fire them when they make inexperienced mistakes ... just for once, I would like to see them keep these guys and help them learn from their mistakes so it does not happen again. This constant fire and starting over is the problem with the Browns ... at some point and time you have to give some inexperienced GM the time to learn from his mistakes ... even if Payton Manning is hired ... he is inexperienced and will make mistakes.

The Houston Astro's GM is getting a lot of credit for their turn around ... in his first draft he passed on Chris Bryant for Mark Appel ... huge mistake ... should he have been fired right then????? Of Sashi's draft picks (not who passed on) which are bad picks??? Coleman, Garrett, Ogbah, ....
Old 11-13-17, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Here is my problem with that ... the Browns do not typically get the most experienced GMs or coaches, because the experienced ones have other choices, they get inexperienced GMs and coaches ... and then fire them when they make inexperienced mistakes ... just for once, I would like to see them keep these guys and help them learn from their mistakes so it does not happen again. This constant fire and starting over is the problem with the Browns ... at some point and time you have to give some inexperienced GM the time to learn from his mistakes ... even if Payton Manning is hired ... he is inexperienced and will make mistakes.

The Houston Astro's GM is getting a lot of credit for their turn around ... in his first draft he passed on Chris Bryant for Mark Appel ... huge mistake ... should he have been fired right then????? Of Sashi's draft picks (not who passed on) which are bad picks??? Coleman, Garrett, Ogbah, ....
Careful joe, DB135 might issue an infraction.

I get what you're saying, but there's room all over that franchise to add some proven experience. The Houston GM had relevant positive experience with one of the top organizations in MLB. I don't see anything comparable on the administration side of the Browns.

As for yesterday's fiasco, I think back to Hue telling us essentially that the Browns didn't need an experienced QB to mentor Kizer as he could fill that role. Maybe it could help in some of the situations Kizer is seeing. One thing I do like is how Kizer has stepped up and faced the music from the press after every outing. Cam Newton could learn from that example.
Old 11-13-17, 02:43 PM
All American

Lightbulb

Quote:

Rutigliano's premise was the lack of experience and knowledge was reflected in the performance on the field and the mistakes in picking a coach that was over his head and a front office that didn't have the background to run the team. The team is actually regressing and the trade down drafting philosophy has been reflected in a team whose draft picks are making a minimal impact when healthy.

To see a team who made no more progress than to have to play perfect to have a chance to win, reflected in a coaching strategy where the talent creates schemes and decisions bound for failure makes a house cleaning mandatory.

The decision making is pathetic not on isolated decisions but in a major way and even if their hands have been tied on free agents till recently, the former coach feels football people would have the team in a much better position than they currently are in.

Next, I'm sure you'll tell me this was all the part of management's plan to sacrifice a few seasons to build a solid foundation. We'll see since we're being told 2019 is the year we see things start to turn around.
Old 11-13-17, 02:57 PM
All American

While I don't like everything they have done ... I don't think it was necessary to strip it down quite as far as they did ... and some of the decision have been just flat out bad ... I still think they need to give it more time. Yesterday is an example ... they did make quite a bit of improvement, but still made enough mistakes (bad decisions) to lose ... if I continue to see improvement as we go toward the end of the season, I will be OK with giving them more time ... if they fail to learn from their mistakes ... then I would be OK with some changes ... I just don't want another complete overhaul of everybody and start from scratch again.
Old 11-13-17, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

I'm going to have to see something positive in the next 7 games. Some sign of progress. If the regime goes 1-31 over two years, I'm not sure how anyone can rationalize not making changes. In a league where parity has become the norm, they are as far from the middle of the pack than any team in NFL history.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 11-13-17 at 07:12 PM..
Old 11-13-17, 03:52 PM
All American

Lightbulb

Why you don't keep what you have to have a foundation to work from makes no sense. Then the sports shows who egged on the rebuilding are the first to go on at length criticizing everything about an expansion team who everyone knows will be at the bottom for some time. Of course it will take some wisdom and a lot of luck to attract the best management and coaches to that situation but to put totally inexperienced people in charge is asking for what we got. I think we'd all rather see Manning learn on the job than see little progress with who's in charge now.

I bought season tickets this year because I knew there would be good seats available and thought the last draft indicated the start of a turn around where things would be on their way up. The Pittsburgh game, I thought confirmed that but that was false hope as the performance of team, coaching and management has reflected a situation where changes need to be made to hope for any improvement.
Old 11-14-17, 09:33 AM
All Yappi

Interesting stats-

In the last year of the old regime (2015), the Browns scored 19 points per game and gave up 27. This year, in the second year of the Sashi regime, they've scored 16 points a game while giving up 27. Those numbers would not indicate an improvement.
Old 11-14-17, 11:49 AM
All American

You can make changes without blowing the entire thing up ... make Hue hire and OC ... bring in an experienced football guy as a consultant to the front office ... just don't start completely over.

I only have one stat in my favor ... for the past 2 decades ... how many times has firing everybody after 2 years worked ... ZERO!!!
Old 11-14-17, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You can make changes without blowing the entire thing up ... make Hue hire and OC ... bring in an experienced football guy as a consultant to the front office ... just don't start completely over.

I only have one stat in my favor ... for the past 2 decades ... how many times has firing everybody after 2 years worked ... ZERO!!!
Fair enough. I think we're on the same page joe.
Old 11-16-17, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

There are $5 tickets on SeatGeek for this week's Browns/Jags game.
Old 11-16-17, 12:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
There are $5 tickets on SeatGeek for this week's Browns/Jags game.
According to the ad on AM850, that $5 ticket displayed at the Hustler Club in the Flats will get you cover charge and a free shuttle ride to and from the game. If you can't see a win, you may as well see a few hot ___
Old 11-16-17, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I'm curious who will score more TDs, the Browns offense or the Jags defense
Old 11-16-17, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
The browns will win this weekend.

Gipson, the former brown now Jag, basically guaranteed a win and a shutout by the Jags defense.

What an idiot.

Browns win.
Old 11-16-17, 02:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post

Gipson, the former brown now Jag, basically guaranteed a win and a shutout by the Jags defense.

What an idiot.

Browns win.
Does he know the Jags history? ... they have had something like 7 out the last 9 years with double digit losses ... jinxed them?
Old 11-16-17, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

Jags are the real deal this year. Unlike the Browns, their early draft picks are all coming together with the exception of Bortles.
Old 11-16-17, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post

What an idiot.

Browns win.
I hope you're right, but these aren't the same Jags. If we win, I'd think it would have to be another 12-9 game.
Old 11-16-17, 05:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Jags are the real deal this year. Unlike the Browns, their early draft picks are all coming together with the exception of Bortles.
They are going to win enough that they may have to be the ones to pay Cousins.