Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-01-17, 09:58 AM
Freshman

jbob is on a distinguished road
Monroe hornets/swbl

Who are they returning? Thoughts on the League. Looking like Franklin will win it again.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-17, 01:03 PM
Freshman

Anyone know if Backas for Monroe is returning or Montgomery from Franklin heard they both may have moved onto Football.
Old 09-11-17, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

ilikefootball10 is on a distinguished road
If they both don't play it will cost each team atleast a couple wins. Backus is a matchup problem for all swbl teams, they will be sub .500 without him
Old 09-12-17, 09:37 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikefootball10 View Post
If they both don't play it will cost each team atleast a couple wins. Backus is a matchup problem for all swbl teams, they will be sub .500 without him
Agree especially Backas Hornets need him he could be there only Senior. I don't even recall him playing football last year though but Montgomery kid on other hand is Very good at Football so he may have given up the roundball.
Old 09-12-17, 01:16 PM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Rumor is Montgomery will graduate and enroll early to college after the first semester so he is probably out for hoops for Franklin, big question mark is how bad is Braden White injured and is he out too.
Old 09-12-17, 03:02 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Rumor is Montgomery will graduate and enroll early to college after the first semester so he is probably out for hoops for Franklin, big question mark is how bad is Braden White injured and is he out too.
White? Does he play Basketball or Football? As you said Montgomery will cost Franklin a few games if hes out he was a great defender.

If Backas is back for Monroe they should return a few more starters Osterman and another Forward dont know his name. Do they have any guards coming up didnt get to see much of their Junior Varsity team.
Old 09-15-17, 08:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
Anyone know if Backas for Monroe is returning or Montgomery from Franklin heard they both may have moved onto Football.
Backus is not on Monroes roster. I was wondering what info made you think he "moved on" to football?
Old 09-15-17, 10:04 AM
All American

White played both basketball and football, he tore his knee up and will miss the rest of football and all of basketball as he had surgery this week.
Old 11-13-17, 12:38 PM
Freshman

Anyone catch Monroe Scrimmage this weekend or anyone in SWBL? How they look?
Old 11-16-17, 02:10 PM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Franklin Scrimmage

Franklin 3 way Scrimmage with B-creek and Springfield Shawnee last night. Definitely no world beaters here. Creek no size to compete in the GWOC, If 'Cats win the league with this group than the league is really down. Shawnee looked the best of the 3 teams there and should do well in their conference.
Old 11-18-17, 10:26 PM
Junior Varsity

Monroe17 is on a distinguished road
Monroe has no size. Backas and Puleo are their best players yet they have nobody else that can shoot. Osterman is decent but really hurting for big bodies on defense right now. Molz is a talented young coach but if he doesn't have the talent theirs not much he can do. 9-14 last year with 5 games lost by 6 points or less. Hate to be negative but I can't see them winning anywhere close to 9 games or more. We've always been subpar in basketball. Season home opener Dec 1 vs Oakwood should tell us all we need to know. Oakwood is always pretty good. Other than Franklin and maybe Brookville I think the league is going to be really down this year. No team last year really stood out except Good ole Brian Bales boys. With Montgomery skipping basketball to focus on playing football at UC next year not to mention his torn ACL which is very hard to come back from they'll certainly miss his presence on the court. I predict this finish 1 Franklin, 2 Brookville, 3 Oakwood, 4 Valley View, 5 Bellbrook, and Monroe/Eaton fighting to stay out of the celler. Watch out though Valley View could surprise people! They've improved much with Ben Buenhner.
Old 11-20-17, 07:07 AM
All Ohio

is puleo playing this year?
Old 11-20-17, 10:45 AM
Freshman

Puleo will not be on the team this year I heard. I agree with Monroe17 they have no size at all and Rebounding will be an issue. They should have 3 returning starters losing Puleo and their point guard. If these 3 stay healthy and they have a few decent other starters I will disagree with Monroe17 and think they can win as many games as they did last year. They will miss shooting from Puleo and alot of there points will come from Backas for sure but they are going to need other guys to step up and will need some good Guard play from whoever starts.
Old 11-20-17, 11:00 AM
All American

Oakwood will be good with the twins inside.
Old 11-20-17, 12:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
Puleo will not be on the team this year I heard. I agree with Monroe17 they have no size at all and Rebounding will be an issue. They should have 3 returning starters losing Puleo and their point guard. If these 3 stay healthy and they have a few decent other starters I will disagree with Monroe17 and think they can win as many games as they did last year. They will miss shooting from Puleo and alot of there points will come from Backas for sure but they are going to need other guys to step up and will need some good Guard play from whoever starts.
I really like Backus. But losing Puleo leaves him all by himself offensively. He will be double teamed a lot. With Puleo 10 wins but without 5-6
Old 11-20-17, 12:48 PM
All Ohio

1. Oakwood
2. Franklin
3. vv
4. Bellbrook
5. Brookville
6. Monroe
7. Eaton
Old 11-20-17, 08:34 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikefootball10 View Post
I really like Backus. But losing Puleo leaves him all by himself offensively. He will be double teamed a lot. With Puleo 10 wins but without 5-6
Unless he plays at some point?
I'm unsure what the issue is but he hasn't been on the court as of yet but I think he is still enrolled. Who will be playing point and who takes Puleo spot I'm guessing will come from last yrs. Reserve team. I didnt catch much of the reserve games.