Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-11-17, 10:13 AM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
The funny thing is you argue about JP, yet if Scruggs is as good as people think Xavier will have atleast 2 if not three draft picks next year
You need to lay off the sauce a little bit. Theyre all talented no doubt, but there is >1% chance JP gets drafted, >1% chance scruggs leaves after this season(likely a 3-4 year guy mark it down).
Trevon Bluiett is the only one with a chance to be drafted and even he won't last more than a couple seasons at most in the NBA. Big difference between being a top player in the NCAA and making it in the NBA. Trevon doesn't have a position to play in the NBA. He will have a very long and successful(on the court and financially) career in Europe. So will JP. There is nothing wrong with admitting that
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-17, 10:17 AM
All American

Quote:
I don't have time to look tonight, however I have seen late first round to 2nd round pick on JP. Also just FYI the site you linked is the go to mock draft site. It is updated every day.

However the all-american is not on many at all. It does not matter. Xavier is set to have two of the best players in college basketball and one of the best recruits. Those three plus Q make the most talented backcourt in school history.
I need you to show me proof of any mock draft with JP as a first round pick

Also, as for the bolded, this is flat out wrong for multiple reasons. For starters/semantics, TB is not a backcourt player. He's a wing/forward not a 1/2. Second off, as talented and athletic as these guys are, maybe you're forgetting a couple guys by the names of Tu and Cheeks
Old 11-11-17, 10:26 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post

Also, as for the bolded, this is flat out wrong for multiple reasons. For starters/semantics, TB is not a backcourt player. He's a wing/forward not a 1/2. Second off, as talented and athletic as these guys are, maybe you're forgetting a couple guys by the names of Tu and Cheeks
Agreed with what you said.

This is a really talented Xavier team and it will be interesting to see how they do through the grind of the Big East season. Unlike last year is this there are no distractions like the Myles Davis issue.
Old 11-11-17, 01:40 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
JP, in nearly everyone's mock draft board right now.
Just needs to keep his pants on
Old 11-11-17, 05:12 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post

Pretty simple to find you ever heard of Google? The first result, will show you their latest mock draft from three days ago with him in the second round.
Old 11-11-17, 05:22 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
At the game last night, 18th season as season ticket holder. By far the best crowd, atmosphere at an opener. Was a Big East crowd.

I have said elsewhere that O'Mara will not be much of an impact guy this year. He just can't play good enough defense and he seems to feed off his defense, meaning when he struggles on that end, he is non-factor offensively. Mack is not going to play a zone defense just to keep O'Mara on the floor.

Bluiett had an incredible first half. Gates was awesome. JP was great. All three freshman were pretty darn good. Scruggs is a specimen, looks like no other freshman they have ever had. He is built, long and athletic.

The best part of the night was the updated Cintas Center. The place is on another level now. The new Norwood Cafe area is awesome and the price for beer even better.
Old 11-11-17, 06:40 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Glad to see Kaiser produce. If he has a great year this team could be legit.
Old 11-12-17, 02:38 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
I do not believe Crean is trolling. If Gonzaga could push for a title, XU can as well.
Old 11-13-17, 12:46 AM
All American

Quote:
Pretty simple to find you ever heard of Google? The first result, will show you their latest mock draft from three days ago with him in the second round.
You said you had seen him in a mock as a first round pick. Thats what I told you to provide proof of. When you make a statement, it is on you to provide the proof to back you up. It isn't someone else's job to do it for you. So, Ill say it again, Show me the proof of where JP is a first round pick in a mock draft
Old 11-13-17, 08:42 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
At the game last night, 18th season as season ticket holder. By far the best crowd, atmosphere at an opener. Was a Big East crowd.

I have said elsewhere that O'Mara will not be much of an impact guy this year. He just can't play good enough defense and he seems to feed off his defense, meaning when he struggles on that end, he is non-factor offensively. Mack is not going to play a zone defense just to keep O'Mara on the floor.

Bluiett had an incredible first half. Gates was awesome. JP was great. All three freshman were pretty darn good. Scruggs is a specimen, looks like no other freshman they have ever had. He is built, long and athletic.

The best part of the night was the updated Cintas Center. The place is on another level now. The new Norwood Cafe area is awesome and the price for beer even better.
love the new look at Cintas. probably take a few games for me to get around and see all the new things they've added but overall atmosphere was great.

i'm guessing crowd won't be as big tonite being an 8:30 game - i'm guessing some will stay away simply because of the time but it should still be pretty good.

not gonna shoot over 60% from 3 every game so hopefully average fans realize when we start playing some better competition, those %'s will go down.

GO X.
Old 11-13-17, 08:54 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
love the new look at Cintas. probably take a few games for me to get around and see all the new things they've added but overall atmosphere was great.

i'm guessing crowd won't be as big tonite being an 8:30 game - i'm guessing some will stay away simply because of the time but it should still be pretty good.

not gonna shoot over 60% from 3 every game so hopefully average fans realize when we start playing some better competition, those %'s will go down.

GO X.
When the 3's aren't falling Omara's contribution becomes more important. You don't get a lot of offensive rebounds when your team is shooting 69%.
Old 11-15-17, 01:34 AM
All District

streaker182 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

As long as O'Mara can hit the game winner against Arizona in the Sweet16 lol.

If JP wasn't a senior we might have room for Scruggs, I'm still not convinced Goodin's spot is secured as far as this season goes, Scruggs has been looking very good.

I've been away for a while now so hearing that the crowd is on another level and it was a Big East atmosphere is music to Xavier Nation's ears. I was always a little disappointed in our enthusiasm when it was A10 play. Aside from that, I'm convinced this team might be the best we've seen. Hoping for a Final Four.

*** As an edit, what's going on with Karem Kanter? Thought he was potentially declaring for the draft? He's looked extremely underwhelming thus far.
Old 11-15-17, 07:59 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Karem Kanter isn't sniffing the draft. Never was, never will.
Old 11-15-17, 08:08 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Karem Kanter isn't sniffing the draft. Never was, never will.
agreed. he's just too soft right now and i don't think it's going to change.

reminds me of Jeff Robinson. supposedly can shoot the 3 ball well.........but doesn't. looks athletic and will show flashes every now and then that make us say "ooooh, maybe he's turned a corner" and then will go right back to where he was.

i hope i'm wrong but i don't see him being much of a factor this season.