Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-17, 05:01 PM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_96 View Post
My point goes back to when tBTN had its execs out selling the channel to the public.

NOTE: Before tBTN, I was able to watch every football game Ohio State played on standard cable. Before tBTN, I could not watch any Ohio State wrestling. Along comes tBTN selling me - the customer - on the fact that not only will I get great Buckeye football coverage, I'll also get some of the less-covered sports like track, basketball, and wrestling. Well then - fantastic! Great for the customer. Until reality hits.

tBTN sells its coverage of Ohio State football so now I am forced to watch NW v. Purdue - A GAME I DID NOT AND DO NOT WANT TO WATCH. I want to watch Ohio State play football and up until this point, I could. Now I can't. tBTN NOW sells its coverage for wrestling and I can't watch it! So I shelled out X amount of dollars and get NOTHING in return?

BTN2GO is even more of a fleecing act put on by tBTN! We'll get you limited coverage for B1G action and then we'll make you pay AGAIN for more of the same on your wireless device!

Again, tBTN is a sham. Absolutely fleece-fest.
I am totally confused. I watch OSU football every week so not sure why you can not. Regardless, BTN still will have big duals and B10 Tourney Finals on the network. The Flo deal does not change any of that.

Last edited by ProV1; 11-06-17 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-12-17, 03:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Old Clyde Wrestler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Just might be the worst take I have ever seen on Yappi. First, Flo is not greedy. They are a commercial business with investors and are a for profit company like almost all media companies. Second, their mission is to provide a platform to sports that are typically not covered in the mainstream. Their contract with the Big10 is not taking the sport backwards but is a huge advance bringing more coverage to the sport than ever before. Their success will drive more coverage to mainstream outlets. BTW, B10 Network and ESPN are not free, anyway. FLo is doing a terrific job and as a fan, I'm happy to pay the $150. If you don't see value that is totally fine, but to criticize as bad for the sport is pretty misguided.

Hey not everyone can afford $150 have you ever thought of that? To me it could be $39.99 and they would still sell out to those who will pay it. To me it's still ''greed'' and I won't pay it in fact can't afford it.

BTW putting more "not less" wrestling on TV is how to push it not on the computer.

Just my opinion since you offered yours.

JC
Old 11-12-17, 03:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
Sorry but it went backwards because the B1G tourney WAS on the big ten network and now it is only available online! This is sad.
Agreed.

JC
Old 11-12-17, 03:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Try covering 25 mats across a massive convention center (super 32) and then tell them how to two improve. Flo is not a problem. They are part of the solution.
Heard this complaint before about FLO more than once. For $150 they should/must do a better job.

JC
Old 11-12-17, 06:38 PM
All American

1_beast is on a distinguished road
SWEEEET! Watched Michigan/Arizona St on Facebook Live...and Today...Buckeyes on "Buckeye Vision". Bull Flo!
Worse than Time Warner cornering OHSAA and not broadcasting. (Then OHSAA contacted our AD threatening sanctions because our wrestling page FB Lived the matches....smh)
Old 11-15-17, 09:41 AM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Clyde Wrestler View Post
Hey not everyone can afford $150 have you ever thought of that? To me it could be $39.99 and they would still sell out to those who will pay it. To me it's still ''greed'' and I won't pay it in fact can't afford it.

BTW putting more "not less" wrestling on TV is how to push it not on the computer.

Just my opinion since you offered yours.

JC
I'm afraid your going to have to get used to it. The future of TV is streaming services. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and the like.