Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-03-17, 10:10 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Basketball began tonight - Any surprises?

With football season still going on, many schools might have had small turnouts for their basketball tryouts tonight but the rest of the state that didn't make the playoffs, they should have had all their players.

So any surprises? Good, bad, indifferent?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-17, 10:13 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Ellet's set to go. No football lag here! Lol
Old 11-04-17, 11:10 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
How do you think Ellet will do this year? I know that they lost several talented Seniors from last year. I believe they had a Junior big man that was a great shot blocker back this year. Their JV teams have been solid too for several years.
Old 11-05-17, 08:07 AM
All American

Orangeman89
They should be pretty good, I think they have a chance to be better than last year if the bigs (Johnson and Turley) stay healthy.

Filling the shoes of a player like Gareri is always tough but the guard play will be so much better and they will go 10-12 deep without much dropoff.
They also have a nice mix of talent throughout the classes. Soph. G Trevin Carter is a potential DI player and Soph. F Tariq Williamson saw some varsity action last season. Adonis Jordan should also play.
Jr. G Storm Cherry was first team all city last year at Garfield. He joins juniors G Jesse Nance and F Anthony Jordan.
Senior C Al Johnson is a defensive nightmare for opponents. Sr. F Matt Turley Sr. G Stephen Zampelli will play vital roles.

Ellet will also field another strong Freshman team (Jones, Lovett, Ivery, Fridley...)

We'll find out soon but I know alot of people are excited about the potential.
Old 11-05-17, 04:24 PM
All District

THE "O" FACTOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
They should be pretty good, I think they have a chance to be better than last year if the bigs (Johnson and Turley) stay healthy.

Filling the shoes of a player like Gareri is always tough but the guard play will be so much better and they will go 10-12 deep without much dropoff.
They also have a nice mix of talent throughout the classes. Soph. G Trevin Carter is a potential DI player and Soph. F Tariq Williamson saw some varsity action last season. Adonis Jordan should also play.
Jr. G Storm Cherry was first team all city last year at Garfield. He joins juniors G Jesse Nance and F Anthony Jordan.
Senior C Al Johnson is a defensive nightmare for opponents. Sr. F Matt Turley Sr. G Stephen Zampelli will play vital roles.

Ellet will also field another strong Freshman team (Jones, Lovett, Ivery, Fridley...)

We'll find out soon but I know alot of people are excited about the potential.
While I agree with majority of your statements, I disagree with you saying they could be better than last years team. Gareri, Smith, Bridges, Jones, and Williams will definitely Be missed! That team was Ellets best chance to win a District. From what Iíve seen, Alfred still seems timid and lacks the strength needed to dominate the post. Turley if he stays healthy, has the potential to be a bully in the paint like Smith. Now I do believe they have better guards, smart basketball IQ guards, and that goes a long way! Itíll be very interesting to see how the coaching staff game plans this year team!