Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-02-17, 08:27 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Beavercreek Soccer

Curious, when did Beavercreek emerge as a soccer power? I haven't lived in the Dayton area for over 30 years and only follow Centerville from afar. Is is coaching and or player development in the area? I'm guessing it could be a little of both as years ago and I'm talking the late 70's and most of the 80's Northmont had a stellar program all in part due to the coach they had. Once he left, Northmont really hasn't been the same. So if anyone is close to the Beavercreek program, I'd to know your observations.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-17, 08:59 AM
All Ohio

phatneff is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen Beavercreek play for a while, so I don't know if this applies to them or not. This is strictly my own personal opinion here, but it seems like the more successful teams that I've seen out there have "old school" style coaches. By that, I mean that they are strict, stern, and demand the most out of their players and hold them accountable for their roles. They don't have the rah rah Marvin Lewis type of coach.

Again, strictly my own opinion.
Old 11-02-17, 09:22 AM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Long time soccer observer in the Dayton area and I think that Beavercreek's strength can be attributed to these factors:

A large and continuing to grow area....

Has long had a very organized and growing youth program.
Celtic select soccer has a strong relationship with the Ohio Galaxies for high school age...and both have used that to prosper.

With the Ankney Soccer fields...it has the best dedicated soccer complex in the region....

Football and basketball teams play second fiddle to the soccer program in the community. When have those programs produced noteworthy accomplishments?

Obviously good coaching at the youth level as well.

The high school coaching has been around for a long time...now the verdict on their efficacy is a matter of opinion...as they have not produced a state title, despite many very talented teams over the years. This year may break the ice, as I agree with some who say this is the best boy's high school team they have seen.

Remember too...many of the Beavercreek area's better players have played at Carroll...

Just my thoughts....
Old 11-02-17, 09:49 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsnow View Post
Long time soccer observer in the Dayton area and I think that Beavercreek's strength can be attributed to these factors:

A large and continuing to grow area....

Has long had a very organized and growing youth program.
Celtic select soccer has a strong relationship with the Ohio Galaxies for high school age...and both have used that to prosper.

With the Ankney Soccer fields...it has the best dedicated soccer complex in the region....

Football and basketball teams play second fiddle to the soccer program in the community. When have those programs produced noteworthy accomplishments?

Obviously good coaching at the youth level as well.

The high school coaching has been around for a long time...now the verdict on their efficacy is a matter of opinion...as they have not produced a state title, despite many very talented teams over the years. This year may break the ice, as I agree with some who say this is the best boy's high school team they have seen.

Remember too...many of the Beavercreek area's better players have played at Carroll...

Just my thoughts....
This is a pretty good assessment.
Old 11-02-17, 10:12 AM
Varsity

Burgvikings is on a distinguished road
Agreed. They have an excellent youth club program with the Celtics. This then feeds into the Ohio Galaxies. A lot of their players play for the Galaxies.
Old 11-02-17, 10:23 AM
Junior Varsity

Artists&Warriors is on a distinguished road
Beavercreek's emergence isn't exactly new. You have to go back to 2010 for the last time a non-Beavercreek/Mason team won the region. In fact, starting in 2008, Beavercreek or Mason have won the region 8 out of the last 9 years (5 Creek 3 Mason 1 Centerville). Beavercreek has been the most successful program at the regional level for going on a decade.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: