Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Volleyball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-17, 03:08 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
DI Uniontown District Tournament Bracket, Seeds, Discussion

Bracket and Schedule

DI Uniontown District Volleyball Tournament Bracket and Schedule

Voting Matrix and Seed Order

DI Uniontown District Volleyball Tournament Voting Matrix and Seed Order

Last edited by LeopardNation; 10-08-17 at 05:40 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-17, 02:21 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Jackson should crush the field.
Old 10-19-17, 10:36 PM
All World

DI Uniontown Sectional Semifinal (10/17)
#8 Louisville 22-25-29-16-16, #9 Marietta 25-13-27-25-14

Louisville Leopards Vs. Marietta Tigers Volleyball Video Highlights & Recap

DI Uniontown Sectional Final (10/19)
#1 Jackson 25-25-25, #8 Louisville 15-11-9

Louisville Leopards Vs. Jackson Polar Bears Volleyball Video Highlights & Recap
Old 10-20-17, 02:21 PM
All World

SteelValley
Boardman advances to face top-seeded Jackson w/ a 3-0 sweep of Perry.

Boardman's very, very young this year, but will be a team to be reckoned with in the upcoming years in the district. I believe they have 3 freshman that are key players and only 2 seniors on the team.

Unlikely they will take down what appears to be a really good Jackson team, but I think they can put up a decent fight.

Boardman's only losses were to Canfield and D-2 state ranked Hubbard.

Question on seeding vote: What in the heck were East and McKinley doing on voting? Those 2 should lose voting privelages for a year based on their votes. Their placements make almost no sense. East had Mckinley as the #1 seed and Jackson as the next to last. I thought maybe they were confused on ordering, but some of their other ordering made some sense. On McKinley, it looks like they had some idea on the top few and then said screw it and filled in whatever. Canfield being next to last (behind Boardman they swept)? Boardman at 20-4 being behind a 5 or 6 win Fitch team they swept? Maybe just clueless on Youngstown area teams other than knowing that East should be at the bottom? I'd assume all these teams at least receive records, if not schedule results. Strictly based on only knowing records, I'm not sure how they placed teams like they did.
Old 10-20-17, 02:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post

Boardman's very, very young this year, but will be a team to be reckoned with in the upcoming years in the district. I believe they have 3 freshman that are key players and only 2 seniors on the team.

Unlikely they will take down what appears to be a really good Jackson team, but I think they can put up a decent fight.

Question on seeding vote: What in the heck were East and McKinley doing on voting? Those 2 should lose voting privelages for a year based on their votes. Their placements make almost no sense. East had Mckinley as the #1 seed and Jackson as the next to last. I thought maybe they were confused on ordering, but some of their other ordering made some sense. On McKinley, it looks like they had some idea on the top few and then said screw it and filled in whatever. Canfield being next to last (behind Boardman they swept)? Boardman at 20-4 being behind a 5 or 6 win Fitch team they swept? Maybe just clueless on Youngstown area teams other than knowing that East should be at the bottom? I'd assume all these teams at least receive records, if not schedule results. Strictly based on only knowing records, I'm not sure how they placed teams like they did.
Voting like this is consistent across multiple sports for teams at the bottom. I'm not sure what goes on. I think the seeds were completely reversed one time for a very low seed. I believe the process eliminates the extremes for each team (best vote and worst vote).
Old 11-01-17, 10:40 AM
Freshman

SFlavin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post

What a joke. Don't they have procedures against this?