Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-24-17, 11:50 PM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
District Match Ups

Moeller - Centerville
Beavercreek - Lakota West
Anderson - Dayton Carroll
Loveland - St. X

Predictions?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-17, 12:07 AM
Junior Varsity

Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Moeller 2 Centerville 0
Beavercreek 3 Lakota West 1
Anderson 1 Carroll 1. Anderson wins in Pks
St. X 1 Loveland 0
Old 10-25-17, 09:44 AM
Junior Varsity

FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
Moeller 2-0
Beavercreek 3-0
Anderson 2-1
St. X 3-1
Old 10-25-17, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
The complete district match ups (including D2 & D3).

Archbishop Moeller vs. Centerville 7:00 p.m. Hamilton H.S.
St. Xavier vs. Loveland 7:00 p.m. Princeton H.S.
Beavercreek vs. Lakota West 7:00 p.m. Lebanon H.S.
Carroll vs. Anderson 1:00 p.m. Lakota West H.S.

Bellefontaine vs. Wyoming 7:00 p.m. Bellbrook H.S.
Wilmington vs. Tippecanoe 7:00 p.m. Waynesville H.S.
Archbishop Alter vs. Indian Hill 7:00 p.m. Lakota East H.S.

Dayton Christian vs. West Liberty-Salem 7:00 p.m. Springfield H.S.
Summit Country Day vs. Bethel 1:00 p.m. Chaminade Julienne H.S.
Seven Hills vs. Troy Christian 1:00 p.m. Centerville Legacy Field
Maderia vs. Milton Union 7:00 p.m. Trotwood Madison H.S.
Old 10-25-17, 11:29 AM
Junior Varsity

Pitchperfect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post

Archbishop Moeller vs. Centerville 7:00 p.m. Hamilton H.S.
St. Xavier vs. Loveland 7:00 p.m. Princeton H.S.
Beavercreek vs. Lakota West 7:00 p.m. Lebanon H.S.
Carroll vs. Anderson 1:00 p.m. Lakota West H.S.

Bellefontaine vs. Wyoming 7:00 p.m. Bellbrook H.S.
Wilmington vs. Tippecanoe 7:00 p.m. Waynesville H.S.
Archbishop Alter vs. Indian Hill 7:00 p.m. Lakota East H.S.

Dayton Christian vs. West Liberty-Salem 7:00 p.m. Springfield H.S.
Summit Country Day vs. Bethel 1:00 p.m. Chaminade Julienne H.S.
Seven Hills vs. Troy Christian 1:00 p.m. Centerville Legacy Field
Maderia vs. Milton Union 7:00 p.m. Trotwood Madison H.S.

MO 3-1
X 2-1
Creek 3-2
Carroll OT win 2-1

Bell 2-1
Tipp 4-0
Alter 3-2

DC 3-1
Summit 4-1
TC 2-1
Madeira 3-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-17, 12:04 PM
All District

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
Moeller 2 Centerville 1
Anderson 2 Carroll 0
St. Xavier 1 Loveland 0
Beavercreek 2 Lakota West 1
Old 10-25-17, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Archbishop Moeller
St. Xavier
Beavercreek
Carroll

Wyoming
Tippecanoe
Archbishop Alter

Dayton Christian
Summit Country Day
Troy Christian
Maderia
My picks
Old 10-26-17, 12:38 PM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My picks

Archbishop Moeller
St. Xavier
Beavercreek
Anderson

Wyoming
Tippecanoe
Archbishop Alter

Dayton Christian
Summit Country Day
Troy Christian
Maderia
Old 10-26-17, 01:54 PM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Seems as though everyone is pretty unanimous with 3 of the 4 games with Anderson/Carroll being the only game where there is a variance in the predictions.

I know Beavercreek seems to be the consensus favorite and itís hard to dispute a 17-0-2 record so perhaps thatís why everyone is giving them the nod. In games versus the remaining 31 teams in the D1 State tournament theyíre 1-0 with that lone opponent being Centerville. Lakota West is 2-0-2 vs that same field....(wins over StX & Worthington Kilbourne plus ties against Moeller and Centerville). Lakota West probably has the best finisher in Southwest Ohio....theyíll compete in that game.

Loveland seems to have come out of nowhere and are playing great at the right time but I think itíll be difficult for them to pull off another upset. I think StX is eyeing a repeat match-up with Anderson. StX 2-0

Moeller is having a great season and have played top notch competition throughout and have yet to lose to an Ohio team....I donít see Centerville knocking them off. Moeller 3-1

Iíve not seen Carroll but I think Anderson with their size and strength - and coach Jones getting backing from Mick Cronin will be too much for them. Anderson 4-1
Old 10-26-17, 02:28 PM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Anderson may well be the winner tonight...but Carroll will not lose by 3 goals. Coaching staff has won like 3 or 4 state titles in D-2, thus knows how to win in the playoffs. Not a Carroll fan by any means...but I do know they play Mason, Moeller, Walsh etc in the Middletown pre-season tourneys over the years...and always come in first in the top division. Don't bet too much money on Anderson.
Old 10-26-17, 02:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsnow View Post
Anderson may well be the winner tonight...but Carroll will not lose by 3 goals. Coaching staff has won like 3 or 4 state titles in D-2, thus knows how to win in the playoffs. Not a Carroll fan by any means...but I do know they play Mason, Moeller, Walsh etc in the Middletown pre-season tourneys over the years...and always come in first in the top division. Don't bet too much money on Anderson.
I have seen Carroll play but not Anderson. I agree with what you are saying. If they lose, it won't be because they were out-coached. I think they are a little young and that might be the difference in the game Saturday. I don't think they would lose by 3 goals either.

But, since I am a Dayton area guy, I will stick with my original pick of Carroll in this one.
Old 10-26-17, 02:43 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I may be wrong about Saturdayís game but those preseason games mean absolutely zero. Iíve seen enough of those games to know that the coaches are just getting a look at their inventory of players. Unfortunately the closest benchmark game Carroll played this season was against Elder and they tied so Iím very confident that Anderson is a a level above them so hence my prediction....again, I may be wrong.
Old 10-26-17, 04:11 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
Seems as though everyone is pretty unanimous with 3 of the 4 games with Anderson/Carroll being the only game where there is a variance in the predictions.

I know Beavercreek seems to be the consensus favorite and itís hard to dispute a 17-0-2 record so perhaps thatís why everyone is giving them the nod. In games versus the remaining 31 teams in the D1 State tournament theyíre 1-0 with that lone opponent being Centerville. Lakota West is 2-0-2 vs that same field....(wins over StX & Worthington Kilbourne plus ties against Moeller and Centerville). Lakota West probably has the best finisher in Southwest Ohio....theyíll compete in that game.

Loveland seems to have come out of nowhere and are playing great at the right time but I think itíll be difficult for them to pull off another upset. I think StX is eyeing a repeat match-up with Anderson. StX 2-0

Moeller is having a great season and have played top notch competition throughout and have yet to lose to an Ohio team....I donít see Centerville knocking them off. Moeller 3-1

Iíve not seen Carroll but I think Anderson with their size and strength - and coach Jones getting backing from Mick Cronin will be too much for them. Anderson 4-1
If Marvin Lewis were endorsing the Redskins I might change my stand but Iím with Mick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9B708A19-33C8-4219-9C6C-510FF6EB0058.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1887  
Old 10-27-17, 08:00 AM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have seen Carroll play but not Anderson. I agree with what you are saying. If they lose, it won't be because they were out-coached. I think they are a little young and that might be the difference in the game Saturday. I don't think they would lose by 3 goals either.

But, since I am a Dayton area guy, I will stick with my original pick of Carroll in this one.
I've seen both play (not in preseason). I don't think Carroll will lose by 3 goals either... 2 probably.
Old 10-27-17, 11:12 AM
All Region

Gameday10 is on a distinguished road
Moeller 2. Centerville 0
Beavercreek 2 Lakota West 1 OT
Anderson 1. Dayton Carroll 0
Loveland 1 St. X 3
Old 10-27-17, 11:51 AM
All District

SportsObserver513 is on a distinguished road
I'll go with some upsets to make things interesting.

Moeller 1 Centerville 2 (PKs) - Always good to see the giant fall
Beavercreek 2 Lakota West 1 - Creek's offense will be too much for West D
St. X 1 Loveland 2 - Loveland is hot right now. I'll ride the Cinderella!!!
Anderson 2 Dayton Carroll 1 (OT) - Will be closer than many think. Anderson seems to play everyone close no matter the level. However, they are 7-0 in games decided by 1 goal this year.
Old 10-27-17, 02:54 PM
All District

steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Did you just reference a "preseason" tournament as your basis for believing Carroll is a good D1 team? That preseason tourney at Heritage Park is not much different than the NFL Preseason. Coaches are playing new guys so they can get a look before official tryouts, etc. If Carroll wants to come down here and win that every year and grab a fictional "trophy" by playing their top 11 then by all means have fun. I think the rest of the D1 schools will focus on the Post season tourney.
Old 10-27-17, 02:58 PM
All District

steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsObserver513 View Post
I'll go with some upsets to make things interesting.

Moeller 1 Centerville 2 (PKs) - Always good to see the giant fall
Beavercreek 2 Lakota West 1 - Creek's offense will be too much for West D
St. X 1 Loveland 2 - Loveland is hot right now. I'll ride the Cinderella!!!
Anderson 2 Dayton Carroll 1 (OT) - Will be closer than many think. Anderson seems to play everyone close no matter the level. However, they are 7-0 in games decided by 1 goal this year.
Better not go to OT or they might be without an announcer for the end of the game. LOL
Old 10-27-17, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboot View Post
Did you just reference a "preseason" tournament as your basis for believing Carroll is a good D1 team? That preseason tourney at Heritage Park is not much different than the NFL Preseason. Coaches are playing new guys so they can get a look before official tryouts, etc. If Carroll wants to come down here and win that every year and grab a fictional "trophy" by playing their top 11 then by all means have fun. I think the rest of the D1 schools will focus on the Post season tourney.
Agree. Many schools have two teams and 20 plus kids that are in the stands the second week of August. Carroll brings the varsity squad and has for years. No problem with it...just not an accurate barometer to measure success.
Old 10-27-17, 05:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboot View Post
Didnít the Browns go 4-0 in August?

If they were in the Canadian Football Leage they might have the chance to go 16-0-1!
Old 10-27-17, 06:25 PM
Junior Varsity

concreek is on a distinguished road
Moeller 2 & Centerville 0 – I have not seen Moeller play first-hand but their record is impressive. Centerville is solid but just doesn’t have the ju ju to keep up to keep up with the best team in Cincy.

Beavercreek 3 & Lakota West 1 – With Beavercreek’s offense running on high octane, you will need to score at least 3 goals to beat them and I don’t see LW doing this.

St X 4 & Loveland 0 – No love for Loveland in this matchup. St X is rewarded with the easiest game of the day courtesy of gutsy bracketing, knocking off Mason, and benefiting from the upset win by Loveland.

Anderson 2 & Carroll 0 – Maybe they had an off night, but a one goal win against a mediocre Dayton team (Northmont) does not bode well for the Patriots and I see Anderson’s physicality as too much for a young Carroll team.
Old 10-28-17, 11:12 AM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Changing my thoughts a bit

St. X 3 - Loveland 0

St. X has played a very tough schedule and while they don't have a great record, I think their tough schedule has prepared them to wipe the floor with Loveland.

Moeller 4 - Centerville 0

I would love to see the upset here, but Moeller has been scoring on everyone. Unless Centerville just packs it in, Moeller will score 3+ goals. I think they break it open early and that will be terrible for Centerville.

Anderson 1 Dayton Carroll 0

Dayton Carroll is no stranger to a district game, but neither is Anderson. Coaching staff at Dayton has more experience, but I wouldn't bet against Anderson's defense. Players are playing. Coaches aren't. I'll go with Anderson in a tight one.

Lakota West 3 Beavercreek 2

Beavercreek has played a rather soft schedule and has not seen a striker like Linden Eberle, most likely the player of the year in Cincinnati. Lakota West's defense will allow goals, but I like Lakota west in the shootout and the upset.
Old 10-28-17, 11:42 AM
Freshman

CJK09 is on a distinguished road
Will the Carroll-Anderson game have a live stream?
Old 10-28-17, 09:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy_Futbol View Post
Changing my thoughts a bit

St. X 3 - Loveland 0

St. X has played a very tough schedule and while they don't have a great record, I think their tough schedule has prepared them to wipe the floor with Loveland.

Moeller 4 - Centerville 0

I would love to see the upset here, but Moeller has been scoring on everyone. Unless Centerville just packs it in, Moeller will score 3+ goals. I think they break it open early and that will be terrible for Centerville.

Anderson 1 Dayton Carroll 0

Dayton Carroll is no stranger to a district game, but neither is Anderson. Coaching staff at Dayton has more experience, but I wouldn't bet against Anderson's defense. Players are playing. Coaches aren't. I'll go with Anderson in a tight one.

Lakota West 3 Beavercreek 2

Beavercreek has played a rather soft schedule and has not seen a striker like Linden Eberle, most likely the player of the year in Cincinnati. Lakota West's defense will allow goals, but I like Lakota west in the shootout and the upset.
Iíd be shocked if anyone is able to knock off Beavercreek.....seen the remaining field and theyíre all good teams but the Beavers are a notch above them all. Theyíre the real deal and I wouldnít be surprised if theyíre undefeated come Nov 11th.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: