Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-17, 08:13 AM
3343 3343 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 31
3343 is on a distinguished road
Div. 1 Cincy Brackets

http://swdab.org/Boys%20Soccer/bs_di...%2010-5-15.htm

http://swdab.org/Boys%20Soccer/bs_di...ncinnati45.htm

Comments? Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-09-17, 09:05 AM
Cincy_Futbol Cincy_Futbol is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-13-16
Posts: 116
Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
I'm surprised St. X as the #5 jumped into Mason's bracket as the #3 seed.

Sectional match ups should be pretty good.

If I had to guess...

Anderson vs. Sycamore
Lakota West vs. Milford
Moeller vs. Lakota East
Mason vs. St. X
Fairfield vs. Turpin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-17, 09:20 AM
Kickin Wing Kickin Wing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-18-12
Posts: 308
Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy_Futbol View Post
I'm surprised St. X as the #5 jumped into Mason's bracket as the #3 seed.

Sectional match ups should be pretty good.

If I had to guess...

Anderson vs. Sycamore
Lakota West vs. Milford
Moeller vs. Lakota East
Mason vs. St. X
Fairfield vs. Turpin
Maybe St X figured they could beat Mason and anyone in Cincy 4 aka Fairfield.

upset bet... Milford loses to Little Miami.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-17, 09:43 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 516
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Lakota West really has a nice path. Mason #3 gets #5 seed St X. Anderson gets #8 seed (potentially most dangerous lineup) Sycamore and LW gets Milford?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-17, 09:44 AM
Kickin Wing Kickin Wing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-18-12
Posts: 308
Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Lakota West really got a nice path...
Agree 100%
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-17, 09:51 AM
Futbol Enthusiast Futbol Enthusiast is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 49
Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
I believe Lakota Wests district matchup is Beavercreek, however
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-17, 10:10 AM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Wing View Post
Maybe St X figured they could beat Mason and anyone in Cincy 4 aka Fairfield.

upset bet... Milford loses to Little Miami.
What is your basis for the upset pick? Milford seems to be a decently solid team that plays a physical type of game.

Should be some good Sectional Final games.
Mason vs. St. X will be the best of the 5 Cincinnati games.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-17, 01:21 PM
Kickin Wing Kickin Wing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-18-12
Posts: 308
Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboot View Post
What is your basis for the upset pick? Milford seems to be a decently solid team that plays a physical type of game.
Advice from my bookie I suppose.

Milford may win... but it will be closer than any of the other games going on in that round.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-09-17, 05:57 PM
concreek concreek is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-20-17
Posts: 29
concreek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol Enthusiast View Post
I believe Lakota Wests district matchup is Beavercreek, however
I had asked a question on another line of whether the Cincy teams know where the Dayton teams will be bracketed - and vice versa. It just seems odd that the good Cincinnati teams avoided Cincy District 2 like the plague with seeds of only 6-9-20, etc... Did they know that Beavercreek would be bracketed in that district and stay away or was this just luck of the draw?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-09-17, 07:27 PM
Artists&Warriors Artists&Warriors is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-14
Posts: 40
Artists&Warriors is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreek View Post
I had asked a question on another line of whether the Cincy teams know where the Dayton teams will be bracketed - and vice versa. It just seems odd that the good Cincinnati teams avoided Cincy District 2 like the plague with seeds of only 6-9-20, etc... Did they know that Beavercreek would be bracketed in that district and stay away or was this just luck of the draw?
I'm not sure if they knew or not. But in my experience, the coaches of the top ~5 seeds usually leverage their draw against the Cincinnati teams that they feel they best match up against. Sometimes that means, for example, that there will be an early matchup of top 5 seeds, which leaves one of the paths easier than the others. Just depends on who in the room is feeling ballsy and confident about an early round showdown. Looks like this year that someone from either Mason or X wanted to tango. Perhaps knowing that they would avoid Creek a little longer if it meant playing one another earlier was just an added bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-09-17, 07:34 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,448
winbypin is on a distinguished road
I think the meetings are held at the same time and I remember reading something about you're not supposed to text or email where teams go.

Don't know if people listen to that rule or not though.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-09-17, 07:44 PM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 516
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artists&Warriors View Post
I'm not sure if they knew or not. But in my experience, the coaches of the top ~5 seeds usually leverage their draw against the Cincinnati teams that they feel they best match up against. Sometimes that means, for example, that there will be an early matchup of top 5 seeds, which leaves one of the paths easier than the others. Just depends on who in the room is feeling ballsy and confident about an early round showdown. Looks like this year that someone from either Mason or X wanted to tango. Perhaps knowing that they would avoid Creek a little longer if it meant playing one another earlier was just an added bonus.
Someone knew something...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-09-17, 08:19 PM
Cincy_Futbol Cincy_Futbol is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-13-16
Posts: 116
Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
St. X clearly knew where Beavercreek was going. No way would they choose to go into Mason's bracket over going into an open bracket. My guess is the fact X did jump into Mason's bracket let everyone else know that was most likely the sectional that fed into Beavercreek and the other coaches acted accordingly.

Definitely some good match ups coming up!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-10-17, 12:00 AM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
West can be dangerous if they can get #10 back on the field consistently. Been dealing with an injury pretty much all year. He gives them another scoring threat and takes some of the pressure off #13.

Looking forward to the tourney this year. Seems to be any one of 6-7 teams tourney to take.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-10-17, 07:47 AM
3343 3343 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 31
3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I think the meetings are held at the same time and I remember reading something about you're not supposed to text or email where teams go.

Don't know if people listen to that rule or not though.
You are correct, the meetings are held at the same time. I know you are not allowed to communicate during the meetings, but I looked into the rules the other day and I did not see anything about talking before.

On the girls side Bevercreek and Centerville (#2 and #3) seeds are both in the same bracket to avoid Loveland in the District Finals. So I would say they knew where Loveland was going to land on the brackets.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-18-17, 08:03 AM
RetiredSoccerbench RetiredSoccerbench is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-06-12
Posts: 309
RetiredSoccerbench is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboot View Post
west can be dangerous if they can get #10 back on the field consistently. Been dealing with an injury pretty much all year. He gives them another scoring threat and takes some of the pressure off #13.

Looking forward to the tourney this year. Seems to be any one of 6-7 teams tourney to take.
"thanks dad!" - #10
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-21-17, 08:37 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 516
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSoccerbench View Post
"thanks dad!" - #10
Now that is funny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Div 1 Dayton Brackets 3343 Boys Soccer 44 10-28-17 04:32 PM
Div 1 Cincy Brackets 3343 Girls Soccer 10 10-10-17 10:18 PM
Tuscarwas county you pick um review pirateflash07 Football 18 08-25-17 11:16 PM
Tuscarwas county you pick um review pirateflash07 Football 6 07-31-17 05:35 AM
Tournament Brackets Posted Yappi Softball 8 05-03-17 08:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz