Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > National Football Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-14, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Ohio Teams as Nat'l #1

Obviously last week St Edward was #1 in the nation in just about every national poll, before losing to Elder, 21-14. I think it's safe to say St Eds' chances of a national title are gone, even if they win out.

As for the rest of the teams in Ohio, who has the best shot and best case for earning the title (however unlikely)?

Mentor? Moeller?

Here was a Twitter discussion I had with Rivals' Dallas Jackson:

‏@DallasAJackson
Not frontrunning and not quite in focus yet, here are five teams lurking in the shadows of the National Title chase - http://bit.ly/1vgLy4C

@PITmanStats
@DallasAJackson Cincinnati Moeller - Ohio's 2-time defending DI state champion - needs to be on this list, especially if they run the table.

@DallasAJackson
Would need so much help to finish Top 5... very unlikley for National Title >> RT @PITmanStats: Cincinnati Moeller needs to be on this list

@PITmanStats
@DallasAJackson With Moeller's remaining schedule (St X, LaSalle, Elder, Ignatius, St Eds, Trinity) and Ohio DI playoffs, really good case.

@DallasAJackson
All teams will end with multiple Ls > RT @PITmanStats: Moeller schedule St X, LaSalle, Elder, Ignatius, St Eds, Trinity. Really good case.

@PITmanStats
@DallasAJackson Current # of losses of Allen's opponents already, per @MaxPreps: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 3, 0, 3. Just sayin'. Good discussion.

@DallasAJackson
Yep. Allen's district is nothing like GCL >> RT @PITmanStats: Current # of losses of Allen's opponents already 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 3, 0, 3.

Am I completely off my rocker? Or if Moeller goes 15-0, beats Covington Catholic (PA), St Xavier (KY), St Xavier (OH), La Salle, Elder, St Ignatius, St Edward, Trinity (KY), and wins their 3rd straight Division I championship, would they not have a legitimate case at the national #1?

Just curious others' thoughts, for discussion's sake.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-15, 09:01 AM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
I think Wayne wins it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: