Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-01-18, 08:37 AM
All District

stall it out is on a distinguished road
Princeton Wrestling

After rebuilding his program in one season, after a tough ending to the 2017 campaign. Ty Robbins has stepped down, leaving a gold mine for someone to take over. The program is built up, the kids have bought in, they just need the right person to come in and not screw it up. Losing Robbins is, a huge loss for the kids, school, and sport. Who is the next in line? Who takes over? Are they willing to put in the time and energy of Coach Robbins and his staff? Any news on candidates? I don't know how this isn't already a thread.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-18, 09:18 AM
All Ohio

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
Austin Desanto should be taking over
Old 05-01-18, 10:59 AM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
I mean ty did nothing but leave princeton sitting pretty in having 2 ex HC's on the staff and in the building.

Their MS program had a heck of a year as well so since they lose some big guns they still should be set up to be successful once again.

Sometimes people dont realize what they had until it's gone, I hope that's NOT the case at princeton bc Ty gave me my jump start into coaching there and I like to see their kids do well. Time will tell hope they make the right choice and dont have any secret agendas on who they THINK will be the best fit
Old 05-01-18, 11:19 AM
All World

Peterson is an unknown quantity at this point
t
Old 05-01-18, 11:49 AM
All District

#Hashtag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stall it out View Post
I don't know how this isn't already a thread.
Here. Scroll to bottom. Duplicate threads are obnoxious.

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthre...=311487&page=2
Old 05-01-18, 08:56 PM
All Ohio

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
Austin DeSanto would kill it here
Old 05-01-18, 09:54 PM
All District

stall it out is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Hashtag View Post
Here. Scroll to bottom. Duplicate threads are obnoxious.
Not sure how this is a duplicate or obnoxious... that thread is about all head coach openings. My purpose was to talk about Princeton wrestling. If you don't like it don't click on it.
Old 05-01-18, 11:22 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
I mean ty did nothing but leave princeton sitting pretty in having 2 ex HC's on the staff and in the building.

Their MS program had a heck of a year as well so since they lose some big guns they still should be set up to be successful once again.

Sometimes people dont realize what they had until it's gone, I hope that's NOT the case at princeton bc Ty gave me my jump start into coaching there and I like to see their kids do well. Time will tell hope they make the right choice and dont have any secret agendas on who they THINK will be the best fit
Neither applied due to family obligations. Both recently welcomed new children into their families would come first. It's understandable that their there famlThe only other contact the AD's had with the previous staff was to tell them to turn their keys in the week after State.

Outside of Fuqua (State Placer), Houston (District Qualifier), Dixon (District Qualifier) everyone else should return. A couple kids from the JH GMC Championship team should also contribute. I know a couple kids have been getting some Spring mat time but not as many as years past. Without a staff in place there obviously hasn't been anyone making sure they were entered into different Spring Duals.

Word is the next head coach should be named soon, possibly as early as the next board meeting (unsure when that is). I wish the next coach the best of luck and hope he and his staff can bring pride and tradition back to the Princeton program....or at least that's what the alumni have been demanding.

Last edited by brianwr112; 05-02-18 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-02-18, 07:45 AM
All American

Coach Root is on a distinguished road
Anyone that doesn't see how much Coach Robbins and his staff put into the program over the years is just blind. And this so called "alumni" that are demanding to bring "pride and tradition" back to Princeton wrestling are idiots. How many of these alumni, got off their own butts and joined in the efforts. I'm not talking about dropping in for a practice or showing up for a meet. The Monday morning quarterback can't hack it. Show up and volunteer your time and energy. Do what Ty did every day. They want to talk about pride and tradition, but they don't want to contribute. Coach Robbin's staff not only kept the program alive, it thrived. People can talk stats, but what Coach Robbins did this past season dwarfs all past accolades. These individuals that are under the impression that wrestling was so much better way back when wouldn't find the same success today. Get over yourselves. The sport has evolved. Us old guys are nothing but "has beens." Princeton alumni that somehow don't feel like the pride or tradition was present these last few years, I wish you well, but you guys just lost the heart and soul of Princeton wrestling. You had a guy that SHOWED UP. You had a guy that CARED. You had a guy that LIVED it everyday. He SACRIFICED. Ty Robbins has done more for Princeton wrestling than any coach before him and likely more than any coach thereafter.

Sorry about the rant, but Ty Robbins is a heck of a coach and and even better person. Moreover, he's a good friend. If there are people acting like the pride and tradition was lost, it's because those people deserted the program while Coach Robbins and company stepped up. I wish the best to the next coach. I have always had a place in my heart for Princeton and I wish them well as they forge forward, but you lost a good one.

Coach Root

Last edited by Coach Root; 05-02-18 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-02-18, 08:12 AM
All Ohio

wrestlfan is on a distinguished road
I also consider him a friend.
Princeton wrestling will declince! SADLY
Old 05-02-18, 08:55 AM
All District

This thread has turned into an ALL-CAPS contest.
Old 05-02-18, 09:07 AM
All District

Coach JDean is on a distinguished road
#tyrobbinsistheman! My computer won't let me make all caps! (lol) A lot of people may not have known, he was one of the 3 finalist for Coach of the Year in ALL of HS Boys Sports in the NKY/Cincy area this past year. The Awards ceremony was held last week at Music Hall. Plus, he was GMC Coach of the Year. He must have been doing something right!

Last edited by Coach JDean; 05-02-18 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-02-18, 09:48 AM
Freshman

TheRealWjjsj is on a distinguished road
He went from posting all over Yappi and the OHSAA site practically begging for assistant coaches last season to this seasons GMC Coach(ing) of the Year performance. Hats off to him and current staff!

I think a lot of that success was when the dead weight was dropped ie the previous assistants.. and not just 2016-17 seasons edition, it started with getting rid of Mr. 4'2 Know It All!!! (Hurts having someone in the room always contradicting what you say...)
Old 05-04-18, 01:01 PM
Freshman

EdogStepDad is on a distinguished road
This just in from Maceo's garage, Princeton has their guy!!!!

Last edited by EdogStepDad; 05-04-18 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-05-18, 07:57 AM
All American

Coach McCoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Root View Post
Anyone that doesn't see how much Coach Robbins and his staff put into the program over the years is just blind. And this so called "alumni" that are demanding to bring "pride and tradition" back to Princeton wrestling are idiots. How many of these alumni, got off their own butts and joined in the efforts. I'm not talking about dropping in for a practice or showing up for a meet. The Monday morning quarterback can't hack it. Show up and volunteer your time and energy. Do what Ty did every day. They want to talk about pride and tradition, but they don't want to contribute. Coach Robbin's staff not only kept the program alive, it thrived. People can talk stats, but what Coach Robbins did this past season dwarfs all past accolades. These individuals that are under the impression that wrestling was so much better way back when wouldn't find the same success today. Get over yourselves. The sport has evolved. Us old guys are nothing but "has beens." Princeton alumni that somehow don't feel like the pride or tradition was present these last few years, I wish you well, but you guys just lost the heart and soul of Princeton wrestling. You had a guy that SHOWED UP. You had a guy that CARED. You had a guy that LIVED it everyday. He SACRIFICED. Ty Robbins has done more for Princeton wrestling than any coach before him and likely more than any coach thereafter.

Sorry about the rant, but Ty Robbins is a heck of a coach and and even better person. Moreover, he's a good friend. If there are people acting like the pride and tradition was lost, it's because those people deserted the program while Coach Robbins and company stepped up. I wish the best to the next coach. I have always had a place in my heart for Princeton and I wish them well as they forge forward, but you lost a good one.

Coach Root
Coach Root,

I have to agree with everything you have written here in totality. The "arm chair" guys have NO idea what it takes in this sport to get kids interested and to keep them interested. Success isn't always calculated by wins and losses as we all know.

We will see what happens at Princeton and I truly hope things are good there. But as the saying goes, "You never knew what you really had until it was gone".

Great job Coach Robbins and enjoy your free time my man.

Coach McCoy
Old 05-06-18, 02:08 PM
Freshman

TheRealWjjsj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdogStepDad View Post
This just in from Maceo's garage, Princeton has their guy!!!!
If you're hearing the same news as me, there's a "Kool" front moving in from the direction of Zone 15.

And while I, and many others alike , think what Coach Ty accomplished won't be surpassed in Viking land I'm sure the new coach believes he will be able to build on the "Legend" status of Viking wrestling history.

In fact, if you asked the new coach for a quote he might say I'm here to "Do My Own Thang."

The real question is since the coach has been out of the game a few years is he aware of the no kangol policy for the state tournament?
Old 05-06-18, 07:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWjjsj View Post
The real question is since the coach has been out of the game a few years is he aware of the no kangol policy for the state tournament?
I believe the real question is who will join his staff?
Old 05-07-18, 07:19 AM
All District

The official announcement made at the 0:40 mark in video. Congrats!

Old 05-07-18, 08:54 AM
All Ohio

TheStuff142
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Hashtag View Post
The official announcement made at the 0:40 mark in video. Congrats!

I see what you did there...and I am impressed. lol

Last edited by TheStuff142; 05-07-18 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-14-18, 10:45 PM
All American

Did the school board not approve the new coach at tonights meeting? I hope this isn't the case but I can't find anything confirming a hire was made (believe it was common knowledge at this point). If there's no coach in place now then the program won't have anyone in place by June at the earliest. That means the incoming coach and staff won't get the chance to meet with the current team and other hopeful wrestlers before the summer break. It then becomes difficult to spread information about any offseason programs that may be available to the kids.

If anyone talks to Ty he'll tell you that the reason there was so much improvement in the program this year is because of the work they put in during the offseason. It'd be a real shame if the kids can't have the same opportunities because the administration can't come to an agreement or that the incoming staff isn't willing to make the same sacrifices Coach Robbins has made for years (decades).