Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-26-18, 02:43 PM
All Region

sportsfanofyear is on a distinguished road
New NCAA recruiting rule - Sept 1st of Junior Year

I just saw this article about NCAA recruiting rule change - basically, no contact by a college coach with a prospective student athlete (PSA) until September 1st of their Junior year.

https://student-athleteshowcase.com/...7ea57911fcebe6

NCAA research showed "early recruiting was contributing to a rise in college transfer rates, increased stress levels for young PSA’s, hurting athletic development, and causing kids to lose passion for their sport."

Will this give soccer players more of a reason to play high school soccer at least through their sophomore year? Meaning, will it hurt the future of DA and their anti-high school stance? Are there other or any ramifications with this rule other than hopefully improving the college selection process for future players?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-18, 03:11 PM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
A couple of thoughts on this. I've read the changes on other sites and I don't think it restricts all contact before junior year, just specific kinds, like recruiting conversations at ID Camps.

It doesn't restrict athletes from reaching out to schools and doesn't restrict college coaches from reaching out to club coaches. It's an attempted finger in the dike.

I'm not sure why this would affect the DA.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: