Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-14-18, 08:19 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Well well well looks like tryout time is here again !

Well what do we know so far ?
Bobby is Gone
Tiffany is Gone
Oh Yeah Alex Rawlings is finally gone as well

Word on the street says Cup kids being seen at trainings all over town and that is bad news for Cup.

Hearing big defection getting ready to happen at Cup with all the younger age groups, should be interesting to see once the dust settles.

Good luck we are all counting on you !
Well word on the street is OE players have been spotted at other clubs training sessions also. yawn Your feeble attempts are amusing!! Every year this happens at all clubs but yet you act like CNN with your fake news and pretend its the end of the world for all other clubs.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-18, 09:24 AM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Well well well looks like tryout time is here again !

Well what do we know so far ?
Bobby is Gone
Tiffany is Gone
Oh Yeah Alex Rawlings is finally gone as well

Word on the street says Cup kids being seen at trainings all over town and that is bad news for Cup.

Hearing big defection getting ready to happen at Cup with all the younger age groups, should be interesting to see once the dust settles.

Good luck we are all counting on you !

I want to look at this from a different perspective Bucky. Who does it look worst for OE or CUP during tryout season? Is it CUP because their kids leave and come to OE at the older ages? Is it OE because their youth system is so bad that they have to replace most of the kids coming through the club once they hit 15U? Thoughts????????????????????
Old 05-18-18, 08:05 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
apropos
Old 05-18-18, 09:11 AM
Varsity

5x26 is on a distinguished road
Great article.

I'm interested to see what the CDA's region will be with No Indy Fire, No Eclipse, and No Hawks. Right now the U15's are in 4th behind those 3 teams. The 18/19's are in 5th behind Eclipse and Hawks essentially tied with Fire. So that lower level of Talent at the DA compared to the ECNL as mentioned in the article will be even worse. Not to mention where are they going to have to travel to pick up more teams for league play?

Good news is the CDA should move up in the standings just on attrition alone.
Old 05-18-18, 09:56 AM
Freshman

Snooper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
This is probably the first fact-based analysis of the whole DA/ECNL situation that I've read. Many good points made that reflect the true issues being felt by the players.

Probably the biggest detractor to the DA right now is the inability to get players 8-18 on the roster any additional playing time on other teams. When you only play 1 game a week, and have no re-entry, there's a good chunk of players that simply don't get to play week to week. Last I checked, players like Allie Long, Chrystal Dunn, and even Morgan Brian who might get half a game at most on the USWNT, go back to their NWSL or EPL team and play.

It's is just too bad that US Soccer and the DA in particular can't figure out a way to be more flexible with some of the insane regulations they've put in place. I would think that after a pretty difficult Year One, they would be more willing to make adjustments to some of the things that aren't working / don't make sense.
Old 05-18-18, 05:05 PM
Varsity

5x26 is on a distinguished road
I swear I hear Freddy Mercury playing in the background on this thread......And another one bites the dust...Concorde Fire drops the DA to focus on the ECNL. How many shoes are left to drop?!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: