Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-30-18, 07:49 AM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Mind you some OE girls joined the DA also.
Really, what age group? It's hard tell how many came to OE because they were going to be pre-DA and how many just wanted to play HS. I presume the sisters just wanted to play HS. There was a girl on the 01's who was going to be Pre-DA and went back to CDA in December.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-18, 08:31 AM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Hoosier Parent;7036451]Really, what age group?

One of the top scorers at the CDA left OE for the CDA. Look up the top scorers and you will figure it out.
Old 04-30-18, 08:49 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Really, what age group? It's hard tell how many came to OE because they were going to be pre-DA and how many just wanted to play HS. I presume the sisters just wanted to play HS. There was a girl on the 01's who was going to be Pre-DA and went back to CDA in December.
Movement happens in both directions dependent upon what a player and their family wants, likes, or believes will give them the right opportunity fit for them.
Old 04-30-18, 09:47 AM
All World

[QUOTE=yapster2017;7036477]
Quote:
Really, what age group?

One of the top scorers at the CDA left OE for the CDA. Look up the top scorers and you will figure it out.
EF left OE and first joined CUPS 03 Gold team before moving to the DA if my sources and memory are correct...
Old 05-01-18, 06:55 AM
All Region

Got it. Thank you
Old 05-01-18, 11:47 AM
Varsity

5x26 is on a distinguished road
So 1, and that one left before the DA was introduced.How many was it the other way? Hint you might have to take off your shoes and socks.
Old 05-01-18, 01:05 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post
So 1, and that one left before the DA was introduced.How many was it the other way? Hint you might have to take off your shoes and socks.
So since this is DA's first year I dont believe many have left to go to OE and you are speculating on who will move over based on hearsay. I guess its easier to give an opinion rather than facts. Also, I know that several OE ECNL kids that tried out for DA but were not given an offer. So I guess I am really unsure what point you are trying to prove without stating facts.
Old 05-01-18, 01:36 PM
All Region

Quote:
So since this is DA's first year I dont believe many have left to go to OE and you are speculating on who will move over based on hearsay. I guess its easier to give an opinion rather than facts. Also, I know that several OE ECNL kids that tried out for DA but were not given an offer. So I guess I am really unsure what point you are trying to prove without stating facts.
Not sure there's anyway to tell which CUP girls who came over to OE came because they offered the pre-DA team as opposed to DA. I can think of at least three on the 00 team, but they were committed and likely wanted to play HS. There was on girl who was offered Pre-DA for the 01's, and went back to the Pre-DA in the fall after a month or so of ECNL play.
Old 05-01-18, 02:03 PM
All World

Quote:
Not sure there's anyway to tell which CUP girls who came over to OE came because they offered the pre-DA team as opposed to DA. I can think of at least three on the 00 team, but they were committed and likely wanted to play HS. There was on girl who was offered Pre-DA for the 01's, and went back to the Pre-DA in the fall after a month or so of ECNL play.
I believe the question 5x26 was asking was how many DA girls have moved to OE since the DA began. The answer is zero.

There is always movement from OE ECNL to CUP and CUP to OE. I would bet that since OE has one ECNL team and CUP has usually 3 teams that yes OE see's more players CUP each year at than CUP see's OE ECNL players. But I bet the percentage of players at CUP tryouts from OE is higher. I dont have the exact numbers but its what I believe.
Old 05-01-18, 03:50 PM
All Region

Good lord coach, you are so disingenuous when it comes to all things CUP. You know very well DA girls left for OE. The P sisters, KB, and MC are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 05-01-18, 04:29 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Boys better wakeup and smell the coffee !
I know for a fact 9 cup 02 girls came to OE ECNL team.

I also know that now Bobby is gone so is the power of cup !

Mark my words With Bobby gone, Cup is no longer on the rise !

Say what you want about Bobby , But he knew how to motivate parents and players and was the best used car salesman I have ever seen and people bought into his crap !

Cup players are now looking for a better option across the board just not at OE.
The DA has backfired and basically has destroyed THE CUP DYNASTY !
Old 05-01-18, 06:00 PM
Freshman

Iniesta is on a distinguished road
Any guesses? Saw this as an “Urgent Announcement” today

Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT 5/1/2018

The Eclipse Select Soccer Club would like to announce that the Girls Program will hold an informational presentation on the future of the soccer club for the 2018-19 season on May 3, 2018 at 7 p.m. and will be held at Hamburger University. All players and parents currently in the Girls Program and all prospective players looking to join the are encouraged to attend. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 05-02-18, 12:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Boys better wakeup and smell the coffee !
I know for a fact 9 cup 02 girls came to OE ECNL team.

I also know that now Bobby is gone so is the power of cup !

Mark my words With Bobby gone, Cup is no longer on the rise !

Say what you want about Bobby , But he knew how to motivate parents and players and was the best used car salesman I have ever seen and people bought into his crap !

Cup players are now looking for a better option across the board just not at OE.
The DA has backfired and basically has destroyed THE CUP DYNASTY !
I am not sure what you are basing your " DA has backfired" or "basically has destroyed THE CUP DYNASTY !" on. Seems to me that CUP still owns the rankings and I bet they do well in the State CUP and Presidents CUP. Seems to me that what has backfired is the ECNL's failure to invite other clubs in years ago and their failure to relegate out clubs that seem to not be able to compete well across the board. If you want the facts on that just look at the results of a few clubs over several seasons.
Old 05-02-18, 12:57 PM
Varsity

Not to say it's not possible on the sate cup, but they are off to a slow start. Their 99's lost to Alliance Gold, the 00's tied Cincy West, 01's lost to OE's academy, the 02's have not played yet but are seeded low. the 03's lost to Blast FC (who?....?), the 04's tied a below average Crew team, The 05's are still awesome. 06's won but struggled with KHA Blue. From a club that dominated the last few years with OE and OP's ECNL teams not playing state cup this is a long way from what CUP hung their hat on. Awesome State CUP results.
Old 05-02-18, 02:24 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not to say it's not possible on the sate cup, but they are off to a slow start. Their 99's lost to Alliance Gold, the 00's tied Cincy West, 01's lost to OE's academy, the 02's have not played yet but are seeded low. the 03's lost to Blast FC (who?....?), the 04's tied a below average Crew team, The 05's are still awesome. 06's won but struggled with KHA Blue. From a club that dominated the last few years with OE and OP's ECNL teams not playing state cup this is a long way from what CUP hung their hat on. Awesome State CUP results.
These are not the CUP Gold teams of old. The CUP Gold teams from last year went away and joined the Cincinnati Development Academy, along with the KHA Red teams. Those players are now on combined CUP Gold/KHA Red teams that are either in the DA or the pre-DA (MRL/National League).

Now, the powerhouse teams in the high school age groups for State Cup are the Pre DA teams, a combination of KHA Red and CUP Gold.

So, in some ways, it can be said that the DA weakened CUP. However, that’s a shortsighted view of what’s actually going on. The Cincinnati DA is a merger of the top CUP and KHA teams. Therefore, both clubs are the winners in this venture.
Old 05-02-18, 02:57 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
These are not the CUP Gold teams of old. The CUP Gold teams from last year went away and joined the Cincinnati Development Academy, along with the KHA Red teams. Those players are now on combined CUP Gold/KHA Red teams that are either in the DA or the pre-DA (MRL/National League).

Now, the powerhouse teams in the high school age groups for State Cup are the Pre DA teams, a combination of KHA Red and CUP Gold.

So, in some ways, it can be said that the DA weakened CUP. However, that’s a shortsighted view of what’s actually going on. The Cincinnati DA is a merger of the top CUP and KHA teams. Therefore, both clubs are the winners in this venture.
I know what the Pre-Da teams are. Mergers seem to be messy everywhere.

The question is what happened to CUP. CUP is weakened from what it was. the DA doesn't help CUP, CUP is part of it but it's not CUP. On a seperate note I was surprised at how low seeded a couple of the CDA premier teams are. Well kinda. I know the 04 CUP Gold team that tied the crew team in State CUP play, beat the 04 CDA premier team at the CU tourney.
Old 05-02-18, 08:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
I know what the Pre-Da teams are. Mergers seem to be messy everywhere.

The question is what happened to CUP. CUP is weakened from what it was. the DA doesn't help CUP, CUP is part of it but it's not CUP. On a seperate note I was surprised at how low seeded a couple of the CDA premier teams are. Well kinda. I know the 04 CUP Gold team that tied the crew team in State CUP play, beat the 04 CDA premier team at the CU tourney.
The CDA teams are a merger of 4 teams. The CDA 16/17's are presumably a merger of KHA red 01, KHA Red 02, CUP Gold 01, CUP Gold 02.

U11-U14 CUP is 6W-0L3T
U15 up CDA is 3-0
CUP gold is presumably somewhere between the old CUP Black/Barcelona and Silver/Valencia in terms of team hierarchy. It sounds like CUP hasn't really skipped a beat. Unless you consider CDA no longer a part of CUP.
Old 05-08-18, 03:05 PM
Varsity

Eclipse goes ECNL all-in and drops the DA. Who's left in CDA's region? No Indy Fire, No Hawks, No Eclipse. I suppose next years schedule just got a bit easier.

Though nothing official I found this on Solar SC's web page "about DA and about ECNL"

http://www.solarsoccerclub.com/

Perhaps they are next in line to announce.
Old 05-09-18, 05:50 AM
All Region

I've been able to find any announcement from Eclipse
Old 05-09-18, 07:47 AM
Freshman

Snooper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've been able to find any announcement from Eclipse
Here's info about Eclipse:

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....8-2019-season/
Old 05-09-18, 07:54 AM
All Region

Wow, good snooping.
Old 05-09-18, 08:45 AM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
I can remember when the girls DA was announced there was press release after press release and it looked a little shaky for the ECNL. What a difference a year can make in the youth soccer landscape. Where are all of the press releases now from the Federation now? How can they possible spin this as a good thing for the girls DA? What happens if they West coast teams follow suit?

Tryouts will very interesting this year in our local market place. The Cinci DA has taken some major hits losing BP and loosing Tiff. What about the competition for the Cinci DA loosing all of these top clubs in this region?
Old 05-09-18, 09:00 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
I can remember when the girls DA was announced there was press release after press release and it looked a little shaky for the ECNL. What a difference a year can make in the youth soccer landscape. Where are all of the press releases now from the Federation now? How can they possible spin this as a good thing for the girls DA? What happens if they West coast teams follow suit?

Tryouts will very interesting this year in our local market place. The Cinci DA has taken some major hits losing BP and loosing Tiff. What about the competition for the Cinci DA loosing all of these top clubs in this region?
It will be interesting to see if CUP Gold and KHA Red continue to be 3rd tier teams at the U13+ age groups to CDA (DA and pre DA).
Old 05-09-18, 10:22 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
It will be interesting to see if CUP Gold and KHA Red continue to be 3rd tier teams at the U13+ age groups to CDA (DA and pre DA).
What are you joking? CUP / CU has 6 teams in the top 20 in Ohio. KHA has 3. I know rankings are not the end all be all but please don't be so ignorant to call them 3rd tier teams or atleast explain why you believe they are.

You can go to GOTSOCCER and look up game results including the CUP 05 Souths win last October over OE ECNL 9-1 along with other CUP teams having success against other ECNL Clubs.

I love all the chest thumping the ECNL people do before tryouts but little facts to support their case and as always right before tryouts.. Results peak louder and I hope parents and players looking search for facts and not listen to the hype.
Old 05-09-18, 12:07 PM
Freshman

Quote:
What are you joking? CUP / CU has 6 teams in the top 20 in Ohio. KHA has 3. I know rankings are not the end all be all but please don't be so ignorant to call them 3rd tier teams or atleast explain why you believe they are.

You can go to GOTSOCCER and look up game results including the CUP 05 Souths win last October over OE ECNL 9-1 along with other CUP teams having success against other ECNL Clubs.

I love all the chest thumping the ECNL people do before tryouts but little facts to support their case and as always right before tryouts.. Results peak louder and I hope parents and players looking search for facts and not listen to the hype.
1st tier: DA
2nd tier: CDA Premier
3rd tier: CUP Gold / KHA Red
Old 05-09-18, 05:13 PM
All Region

DA is still a stronger venue than National league was. I suspect ECNL teams in Ohio don't start to get stronger until U15/16ish.

Here's how these posts tend to go: ECNL chest thumpers deride CUP/KHA's competitiveness, probably unfairly, then you overcompensate with some exaggerated claim.

But if the U16/17 CDA team is comprised of girls from CUP 01, CUP 02, KHA Red 01, KHA red 02, aaand each roster had been 16 or 17 girls, that's 64-68 girls.

How many girls on the DA and CDA teams? 20ish? That's gotta be 40-50 girls rostered. I have no idea what the CUP/KHA ratio is for each DA and CDA but it still has to leave a few girls over. Just based on numbers, the new CUP gold teams should be girls from CUP black with a few CUP gold girls that were left over. I'm I right?

Last edited by Hoosier Parent; 05-09-18 at 06:03 PM..
Old 05-10-18, 09:29 AM
All District

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:

03' lost to TFA............
Old 05-10-18, 01:12 PM
All Region

Over the last 5-10 years, the State Cup has been a who's who of mid level clubs. If CUP/KHA top players no longer participate U14 and above, I'm not sure it's a relevant measurement of CUP's progress.
Old 05-10-18, 03:38 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Well well well looks like tryout time is here again !

Well what do we know so far ?
Bobby is Gone
Tiffany is Gone
Oh Yeah Alex Rawlings is finally gone as well

Word on the street says Cup kids being seen at trainings all over town and that is bad news for Cup.

Hearing big defection getting ready to happen at Cup with all the younger age groups, should be interesting to see once the dust settles.

Good luck we are all counting on you !
Old 05-12-18, 09:58 PM
All Region

Eclipse all in announcement:

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...l-member-club/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: