Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-24-18, 02:25 PM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Nice to see local players getting great opportunities as Kailyn Dudukovich trains in Croatia ahead of the u16 US Youth National Teamís Torneo delle Nazioni Tournament in Italy! Love seeing great news like this.

KD is a awesome player and even better young lady. Itís been a while since The ECNL club has had a player in the national pool. It seems like Cup/DA is placing a lot of kids over the last 2 years into the pool. It seems to me they must be doing something right.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-18, 03:03 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
KD is a awesome player and even better young lady. Itís been a while since The ECNL club has had a player in the national pool. It seems like Cup/DA is placing a lot of kids over the last 2 years into the pool. It seems to me they must be doing something right.
Getting my popcorn ready now.. I hear the chest thumpers warming up..
Old 04-24-18, 03:04 PM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
There is a lot of uncertainty in the DA. There's discussion that Indiana Fire is dropping from DA and IJF people are hearing that CDA might drop.
Old 04-24-18, 03:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
There is a lot of uncertainty in the DA. There's discussion that Indiana Fire is dropping from DA and IJF people are hearing that CDA might drop.
Its getting to be tryout time so the rumors always fly about things. I heard CU, KHA, OE and TFA are all merging... I heard that TL is moving to TUMFC and DB is only moving to SAY as a DOC. DR will be the Asst Coach of the WNT next month. If you believe any of that stuff I have a bridge to sell you. LOL .. Tons of BS will be said between now and tryouts ending only about .01% of it will be true.
Old 04-24-18, 03:49 PM
All Region

Quote:
Its getting to be tryout time so the rumors always fly about things. I heard CU, KHA, OE and TFA are all merging... I heard that TL is moving to TUMFC and DB is only moving to SAY as a DOC. DR will be the Asst Coach of the WNT next month. If you believe any of that stuff I have a bridge to sell you. LOL .. Tons of BS will be said between now and tryouts ending only about .01% of it will be true.
Good point.
Old 04-24-18, 07:24 PM
Varsity

5x26 is on a distinguished road
I’ll agree there is a lot of uncertainty around the DA. I’m in DC for work and am having dinner with some friends who coach that moved out here. We talked earlier and the local mid-Atlantic DA clubs are worried. Said it was palpable the vacuum with the Virginia DA and Loudoun dropping DA for ECNL, but with PDA giving the federation the finger and joining Match Fit who said hell no to start with it’s causing major issues with parents who were already bothered by the other sport, excessive training and subbing rules.

I did find it interesting that prior to Tiffany’s departure DR was removed completely from the DA teams and it was an all KHA coaching staff.
Old 04-25-18, 07:40 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post

I did find it interesting that prior to Tiffanyís departure DR was removed completely from the DA teams and it was an all KHA coaching staff.
LMAO- Are you kidding me? You have no clue what you are talking about. Lets hear your facts and sources for him being "removed". You are clueless to say the least.
Old 04-25-18, 09:48 AM
Freshman

Iniesta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
itís causing major issues with parents who were already bothered by the other sport, excessive training and subbing rules.
In reality, how much more training is this than ECNL players might be doing? I know what the ECNL players do on paper, but do the kids really take those (two?) incremental months off? Is it the fourth day that is the killer?
Old 04-25-18, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
Congrats to this player. I would say more credit by far goes to her than any club or coach. Its nice to see local players getting a call-up no matter what club they are from.
Old 04-25-18, 12:00 PM
Varsity

Tiff had planned to have the 05 and 04's as well as the 03/02's and Black had the 01/02. It was on their site. It's removed now, and today DR is listed. So yes he was gone from head coaching when Tiff was still there.
Old 04-25-18, 12:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Tiff had planned to have the 05 and 04's as well as the 03/02's and Black had the 01/02. It was on their site. It's removed now, and today DR is listed. So yes he was gone from head coaching when Tiff was still there.
Maybe you should be named 2x4 because thats whats needed to get things into your skull.

The 05 and 04 were never announced. The new CUP TD has been running all the ID stuff for the age groups so Tiff wouldn't have been taking them. Please get your facts straight and change your name to 2x4.
Old 04-25-18, 01:33 PM
Varsity

Ok. I know what they were told. Regardless it's all different now. Hey didn't DR work for KHA before? Hmm...wonder what happened.
Old 04-25-18, 01:48 PM
All World

Quote:
Ok. I know what they were told. Regardless it's all different now. .
What who was told and by whom?
Old 04-26-18, 06:26 AM
Freshman

pure class is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What who was told and by whom?
it is pointless to argue with Coach G - it is but one of three names DR uses on this site.
Old 04-26-18, 01:01 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
No Question about KD, I have seen her play and she is the real deal!

Out of all the DA players that think they are going to make the National team we all knew KD would make it before the DA was a thing.

But you are talking about a kid that comes around once in a lifetime, she is a special player, has her head screwed on straight and is very grounded.

I expect to see her playing with Pugh before too Long.
Old 04-26-18, 01:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure class View Post
it is pointless to argue with Coach G - it is but one of three names DR uses on this site.
I am a bit taller than DR... LOL LOL Love how people try to guess who is who on here and the people that know who I am are laughing very hard...

So what other two names do you think DR uses? I am just curious....
Old 04-27-18, 05:48 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Well you know what Coach G says about Rumors...

Welcome back to the ECNL Indy Fire, the DA implosion continues.
Old 04-27-18, 06:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
Well you know what Coach G says about Rumors...

Welcome back to the ECNL Indy Fire, the DA implosion continues.
I'm with Coachg on this one. Sounds like a lot of pre-tryouts conjecture. Too much talent and exposure to just shrivel up and blow away. If the DA begins to feel legitimately threatened, the drop the HS thing. Like I've said IFJ is one of the few clubs that allowed HS play.
Old 04-27-18, 06:08 AM
Varsity

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...oc=new-england

I said we needed another team in OV...
Old 04-27-18, 08:20 AM
All Region

Wow, just wow!
Old 04-27-18, 08:32 AM
Varsity

I wonder how much Coach G is asking for that fancy bridge. Havasu is nice this time of year.
Old 04-27-18, 08:52 AM
All World

Quote:
https://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...oc=new-england

I said we needed another team in OV...
Glad to see the ECNL is expanding wish they would have worked like this before maybe things would have been different.
Old 04-27-18, 08:55 AM
Junior Varsity

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Yeah but with all the adding of clubs will it water the ecnl down even more. Isnít that what everyone complained about the da and Ecnl this past year.
Old 04-27-18, 09:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsports View Post
Yeah but with all the adding of clubs will it water the ecnl down even more. Isn’t that what everyone complained about the da and Ecnl this past year.
I don't know about the other two, but IFJ was competitive in the ECNL before their departure last year. I think the issue is what they lost/gained compared to FC Pride when they went to the DA, and is the Indy market deep enough to support two clubs.
Old 04-27-18, 09:42 AM
All World

Quote:
I don't know about the other two, but IFJ was competitive in the ECNL before their departure last year. I think the issue is what they lost/gained compared to FC Pride when they went to the DA, and is the Indy market deep enough to support two clubs.
The Cincinnati market was deep enough for the ECNL to add another club but they didn't / refused to for what I believe to be all the wrong reasons.
Old 04-27-18, 10:15 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner.
Old 04-27-18, 12:00 PM
All Region

Quote:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner.
Indy fire is holding it's own (About .500) in the DA, and FC Pride is doing well in the ECNL overall (Didn't see that coming, they'd only put one team into the National League before that).

How many more hits does the DA take before they have to make changes, and what happens to CDA who appears to be doing well (Qualified for playoffs in two of three age groups)?

If IFJ has the clout to get back into a saturated ECNL market(Unless FC Pride is booted), how is the ECNL not making overatures to CUP/KHA (Whatever we call the non DA CDA)? Am I wrong in seeing CUP as a Mi Hawks/Eclipse type club that would be a prized commodity to either the DA or ECNL?
Old 04-28-18, 07:40 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
I don't believe you're attempting to say that CUP/KHA is at the same level as the Hawks, Hoosier Parent. CUP & KHA are fine clubs but there are not many clubs anywhere in the country that are at the level of the Hawks. They're in that rare stratified area with clubs akin to PDA, SoCal Blues, Eclipse, Slammers, etc. Even a combined KHA/CUP campaign is not in that stratum.

All that being said, a combined CUP/KHA, or even CUP alone, would be a great addition to the ECNL. They would be very competitive and would more than hold their own. I would rather see them in the ECNL that the GDA. Hell has a better chance of freezing over, though.
Old 04-28-18, 10:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
I don't believe you're attempting to say that CUP/KHA is at the same level as the Hawks, Hoosier Parent. CUP & KHA are fine clubs but there are not many clubs anywhere in the country that are at the level of the Hawks. They're in that rare stratified area with clubs akin to PDA, SoCal Blues, Eclipse, Slammers, etc. Even a combined KHA/CUP campaign is not in that stratum.
Fair nuff, but I sincerely don't think they're far off. CUP consistently put a team in the National League (Sometimes two) and were more than just competitive. CDA is 4th, 2nd, and 5th in their divisions of the DA. Hawks are 2nd, 7th, and 2nd. Neither Hawks or Eclipse are strong enough to be competitive in two elite leagues. Hawks is 2nd, 8th, and 8th in the 8 team Midwest Division of ECNL and Eclipse is 4th, 7th, and 7th.

Mind you several CUP girls went to OE this year in order to play HS ball. Had those girls stayed put, I'd venture that CUP would match up against those clubs better than you think,
Old 04-30-18, 07:22 AM
All World

Quote:

Mind you several CUP girls went to OE this year in order to play HS ball. Had those girls stayed put, I'd venture that CUP would match up against those clubs better than you think,
Mind you some OE girls joined the DA also.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: