Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-17-18, 01:01 PM
Varsity

5x26 is on a distinguished road
Issues at the DA?

I hear the Hawks are pulling out of the DA to play ECNL only, Loudon left FC Virginia DA combo to go ECNL only, the Virginia DA left the DA to go ECNL and from what I hear more are expected to announce shortly they are leaving the DA.

Can't say I didn't kinda see it coming. On a seperate note Cincy losing Tiffany from CDA/Hammer is a loss. I always thought she did a great job.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-18, 03:25 PM
Varsity

Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Where did she go?
Old 04-17-18, 03:52 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
Where did she go?

Kings Hammer Soccer Club Release
April 16th, 2018
Roberts, Black, and McCloskey Taking New Roles
Wilder, KY - It is with great pride and sadness that Kings Hammer Soccer Club shares that Tiffany Roberts has accepted a position as the Academy Director for The Utah Royals-AZ, a NWSL and partner club with Real Salt Lake- Arizona. Chris Black will become the Kings Hammer Liaison to the Cincinnati Development Academy and the Girls Director of Coaching for Kings Hammer. Kevin McCloskey rises to the Executive Director of the club.

Because of her tremendous work ethic, passion for teaching the game, and her ability to instill the culture of excellence, it is not surprising that Tiffany will now have a bigger stage. Tiffany spent the last half decade leading the girls program at Kings Hammer and she is making certain it is on track to continue to produce high quality training and a focus on player development. Tiffany will stay through the end of June to complete her responsibilities at both The Cincinnati Development Academy and Kings Hammer. She will work hand in hand with the staff to ensure an easy transition before next season begins. Tiffany’s accomplishments are numerous. Dozens of state and regional championships and incredible showings at nationals helped to put Kings Hammer on the map. That resume was instrumental in helping the Cincinnati Development Academy, a partnership between Kings Hammer and Cincinnati United, become one of the first 75 clubs selected for the inaugural season.

"I have been part of Kings Hammer for the last ten years and cannot begin to express how great the club and its players and parents have been to me,” Roberts commented. “I have thoroughly enjoyed starting my coaching career here and growing into the coach I am now. Clay Revis and Gary DeJesus (former board member) gave me my first opportunity to coach in the club and I am forever grateful for their mentorship and trust in me throughout these years. Both have been instrumental in my growth and I cannot thank them enough. I have also enjoyed leading the Cincinnati Development Academy in its first year. It has been great to collaborate with Cincinnati United, Dan Kunkemoeller and their staff to bring the US Soccer platform to Cincinnati. The relationships I formed with both parents and players in my ten years within Kings Hammer and Cincinnati Development Academy are the hardest to leave. The players have made my experience so great and I hope those relationships continue as we all move forward. Lastly, I want to thank Chris Black who has been my right hand man for the last five years. He has been someone with whom I trust greatly and who I am excited to continue to see grow in his new role. He is a great coach and unbelievable person who I know will do a great job with both clubs as they move forward. I wish both Kings Hammer and Cincinnati Development Academy continued success in the coming years."

Chris Black is stepping up to take the position of the Kings Hammer Liaison to the Cincinnati Development Academy and the Girls Director of Coaching for Kings Hammer. Chris will also be the u19 Development Academy (2000/2001) Head Coach for the 2018/19 season. Chris has been with Kings Hammer since 2013 and has led teams to state and regional championships. In addition to Chris’s head coaching roles, he has helped to train dozens of goal keepers. Chris is a natural fit for this role as he has shown a passion for the development of players and helping them achieve their team and personal goals.

“I want to thank JT Roberts, Dan Kunkemoeller, and Kevin McCloskey for giving me this great opportunity to continue leading these clubs into the future,” Black said. “I owe a very special thank you to, Tiffany Roberts, who has been a great mentor, and even better friend. She is the person that brought me to Kings Hammer and has challenged me to be better everyday. Her leadership has made me a better coach and director. We have worked together for many years, and I want to wish her the best of luck on her new endeavor. And I look forward to competing against her new club down the road. I have always been passionate and dedicated to helping players grow holistically and athletically in the game of soccer and this is the best platform to build on what we have all started as a staff. Lastly, I am excited for the future of the Cincinnati Development Academy and Kings Hammer Soccer Club and grateful to be a part of its continued success!”

Kevin McCloskey rises to Executive Director of Kings Hammer Soccer Club. Kevin is currently the Boys Executive Director. In this new role, he will oversee club structure, staffing, and operations. Since Kevin’s arrival into this role, the boys’ program participants have increased by over 20% by attracting players from all over the region. This growth is attributed to Kevin’s excellent communication skills with both players and coaches. In this new role, Kevin will implement those same practices for both genders while working closely with Chris Black and the Boys Director of Coaching (announcement soon). Kevin will also work with Dave McIver, Kings Hammer’s General Manager, to make certain our calendar of events continues to be the best in the region.

“I would firstly like to thank Jeff Berding, Tim Bronsil, JT Roberts, and all our past board members over the years that provided me with the opportunity to lead within this great club,” McCloskey commented. “I have been very fortunate to work with a staff of people that always go above and beyond to provide our players with the best development opportunities. The coaches that we have at KHSC, are truly the best in this region. I am excited to be moving into this new leadership role within the club and look forward to the new challenges and opportunities that lay ahead. I would like to wish Tiffany Roberts all the best in her new position and thank her for all her work and dedication to the Girls program. I am looking forward to working with all of our staff, as we continue to build this club to new heights in the years to come.”
Old 04-17-18, 04:49 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
It was never about the kids or the development it was always about Her
That is why she is leaving and besides she sees the writing on the wall the DA is a disaster.
somebody needs to wake up and smell the coffee, The fat lady has sung
Old 04-17-18, 05:50 PM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Both DA and ECNL are adding clubs in key markets at such an accelerated rate that they run the risk of diluting the competition. Maybe they'll have to develop a promotion/relegation system like MRL.

I bet more DA clubs start relaxing on the HS rule like Indiana Fire did this year. It's going to be interesting to see how this settles over the next couple of years. I thought DA taking over would be a done deal, but not so sure now, at least not for a few years.
Old 04-17-18, 06:14 PM
Varsity

Midwest and Ohio Valley could use another couple teams. I forgot FC Kansas City also dropped the DA for the ECNL, so the Midwest added 1. Clubs like the Hawks just dropping DA to Focus on the ECNL is a good thing. I'm expecting to hear more big boys doing the same. I know Match Fit has posted recently out of the blue about how glad they were they passed on the DA, it felt like they knew something they were not sharing last week. I should have seen that as a clue to today's news.
Old 04-17-18, 06:18 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Tiffany is a fine person. She did a lot for the girls and families at KHA that no one knows about. She grew up in the Phoenix area so she's going home. I wish her the best.
Old 04-18-18, 05:43 AM
Junior Varsity

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Issues at the DA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
It was never about the kids or the development it was always about Her

That is why she is leaving and besides she sees the writing on the wall the DA is a disaster.

somebody needs to wake up and smell the coffee, The fat lady has sung

I don’t know why you hate the DA so much. It is another good option that is not the ECNL. The ECNL was watered down this year. You can’t argue that as I heard it from ECNL parents and college coaches across the country. Is the DA perfect? No. Does it provide a good environment for kids to play soccer and get better? Yes. So why always the hate for anything that is not ECNL?
Old 04-18-18, 09:32 AM
All Region

FC Stars, Mi Hawks, and PDA are three substantial clubs to lose from DA. The 2001 FC Stars only had 3 girls go DA this year.

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...n-ecnl-status/
Old 04-18-18, 09:48 AM
Varsity

PDA wow! Thats a big blow after the Hawks pulling out.
Old 04-18-18, 02:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsports View Post
I don’t know why you hate the DA so much. It is another good option that is not the ECNL. The ECNL was watered down this year. You can’t argue that as I heard it from ECNL parents and college coaches across the country. Is the DA perfect? No. Does it provide a good environment for kids to play soccer and get better? Yes. So why always the hate for anything that is not ECNL?
Because Bucky is bitter that his darling didnt make DA.
Old 04-18-18, 03:55 PM
All American

Are you serious , My daughter didn't make the DA ?
This is the first year and my youngest daughter is in Grad school ?

The Bobby P. left for same reason, himself ! and he was Butt hurt.

Houston we have a problem !

If the DA was a good option to the ECNL Great ! But it is NOT even close !

Why do you think the big clubs that bought into the DA are now scraping it ?
Because it is a Bad plan from the get go.

PROS: National team invite , Hmm cannot think of any others

Cons: Overtraining , Less than 1% getting a call up, very little College coach exposure. The National League was way better !

MC Fly wake up these kids want to play in college and the DA is not doing that for them.

The National League and the ECNL is doing that for them.
No Brainer ,Why create a cilo like the DA and stuff all those kids in it , Stupid !
Old 04-18-18, 08:39 PM
Varsity

fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
From reading interviews with clubs exiting the DA, playing time/substitution rules seem to be the big issues. I think the DA has a lot of value, but they need to address the substitution rules and the requiring players to give up high school sports. I did hear that CDA relaxed the HS issue and are allowing kids to play other sports for their HS, just not soccer.
Old 04-18-18, 09:16 PM
Junior Varsity

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If the DA was a good option to the ECNL Great ! But it is NOT even close !

Why do you think the big clubs that bought into the DA are now scraping it ?

Because it is a Bad plan from the get go.

PROS: National team invite , Hmm cannot think of any others

Cons: Overtraining , Less than 1% getting a call up, very little College coach exposure. The National League was way better !

MC Fly wake up these kids want to play in college and the DA is not doing that for them.

The National League and the ECNL is doing that for them.

No Brainer ,Why create a cilo like the DA and stuff all those kids in it , Stupid !

I don’t know who told you about the college exposure but I know they have had tons of top colleges like Duke, Penn State, Auburn, pretty much any big school you can name at the showcases.
Old 04-19-18, 07:24 AM
All World

Quote:

!
Bobby left to get married. Apparently you know nothing. The only problem Houston seems to have is you..
Old 04-19-18, 07:40 PM
Junior Varsity

istillplay is on a distinguished road
Let me try a different approach. I know for a fact that there are a lot of DA players looking to go to OE next season. Heck I personally have talked to 3 of the 7 former 02 CUP girls DA players that did try to move already but were told no. I also know Doug and Tim love their 01 ECNL and Academy teams.

In the past I believe the move between clubs happened earlier maybe maxing out at U14/U15 to set up what you believed was the best opportunity for college recruiting. Now there is going to be a motivation to play high school. That one last shot for the Seniors who committed in the DA.

What would you do if you were OE and there was a higher end player interested in coming over? For me it would depend. If I got the hint it was to play high school I think I would tell the player to pack sand and play pre-DA at the own club. Why take away a spot from a player who knew what they wanted to do and made the tough choice to switch clubs and give up any relationships? I would probably say the same thing about players not liking sub rules or play time.

As for Coach and Shooter, I've got experience at both clubs with my kids playing for Bobby from his first day in Sycamore CU to his last day in the DA and with OE ECNL. I love your debates. I wish you two would focus on the pros and cons of the experience and make it less personal.

My observation with the DA is that there is something funny going on when the two founding members leave within 6 months of forming the initiative. I wish Bobby well with the marriage and anyone who has been in a long term relationship knew the move had to happen. And I wish Tiffany the best moving home. But they've left behind a mess. Success or failure won't be decided from the situation above involving the 03's and older that will be driven by high school. It will be driven by the younger girls and will they buy into the requirements as they don't have the experience of their teammates leaving to play high school.
Old 04-20-18, 07:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by istillplay View Post
It will be driven by the younger girls and will they buy into the requirements as they don't have the experience of their teammates leaving to play high school.

Its funny because just a few short years ago ECNL was talking about having a rule that didnt allow their players to play HS. I am a huge HS advocate for players but I also understand why some chose not to play HS. I am sure 100% sure of one thing OE ECNL will lose players to DA and DA will lose players to OE ECNL.
Old 04-20-18, 08:13 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Its funny because just a few short years ago ECNL was talking about having a rule that didnt allow their players to play HS. I am a huge HS advocate for players but I also understand why some chose not to play HS. I am sure 100% sure of one thing OE ECNL will lose players to DA and DA will lose players to OE ECNL.
It will be interesting to see. I know a couple of 02's contemplating coming to OE so they could play HS. I could see CDA adjusting this rule if it continues.
Not playing HS is a club rule not an absolute DA rule.
Old 04-20-18, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
which way is the wind blowing today let me change my opinion about hs again
Old 04-20-18, 10:30 AM
All Region

sportsfanofyear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Not playing HS is a club rule not an absolute DA rule.
Not sure that is true but CDA had 8 games during peak high school soccer season so in order for CDA to accommodate, they would need to wait until after the high school season ends before that player would be available to them. Meaning at worst, that could not have that player from August 1st to November 10th (or so). That's 3 full months of lost revenue.
Old 04-20-18, 11:02 AM
All Region

I can't tell you about DA rules in general or CDA policy.

I can remember the DA backing off that last year, the question at the time was were the behind genuine.

I do know that if you look up the rosters for the Indiana fire teams, you'll see that several of those girls didn't participate in DA games until around November. You'll also noticed that they played for their high schools and several were nominated for all-district. (I attend district meetings in Indiana).

Also if you look at IFJ schedule, their teams struggled during HS but have done considerably better since HS season is over. They may not make the playoffs because of the slow start.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-18, 11:12 AM
All American

Everyone knew what Bobby was doing he wanted the National Championship another notch in his belt building his resume.
He didn't care about those kids he used them to get what he wanted.

he treated his favorites great and treated everyone else like Crap !

yes he got married and his wife being sick was tough and I don't wish that on anyone.

But he got pretty upset when the DA came down and said Tiffany was in charge of the DA not him , that broke the camels back for him and he packed up and took off leaving a real DA mess behind.

This has always been driven by the mighty dollar and Tiffany and Bobby are no different.
Call it what you want Cash, Greenbacks, Doe, people like these two and I am not saying their aren't others around will use the kids to get what they want.

They always know there is a new group of kids coming in just around the corner and they fill the parents heads with sugar plums and candy canes and they will take all your cash.
Boy that sounds just like a used car salesman ?
Old 04-20-18, 03:01 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
There are rumors, to which I am unaware of the veracity of, that Eclipse, Slammers, and possibly the Blues will join those clubs and be ECNL only. Stars, Hawks, and PDA all maintained a presence in the ECNL and the GDA. The same is true for the Eclipse, Slammers, and Blues. Having a foot in both leagues makes it easier to commit to only one. My question is if the GDA gets to the point that it is truly weakened by more defections, a possibility that is very real, will the clubs that went all-GDA and totally pulled out of the ECNL be welcomed back into the ECNL? Big clubs like the Indiana Fire, Sockers, Real SoCal, SC del Sol, FC Virginia, etc. It will probably all depend on how ingratiated the personnel at those clubs are with the ECNL brass. Let's face it; the ECNL was formed largely as a network of the "good ole boys." That isn't necessarily wrong, particularly in light of a central governing body that wants to exert too much power over clubs in telling them what they are required to do and the "good ole boys" coming up with a viable alternative, but it would be disingenuous to deny that politics are thick within the ECNL.

I can't recall ever hearing about the ECNL instituting a rule that disallowed HS soccer participation. You know more than I do so maybe it's true.

While you claim to be a "huge HS advocate" you do seem to have done a 180 on your beliefs about players being barred from participation. I know and you know that if it was Ohio Elite that had the GDA and they were telling players that HS participation wasn't allowed that you would be all over it like white on rice. If you claim otherwise you're not being sincere.

So has the DA really softened up the "no HS soccer" rule and made it on a club-by-club basis? If that is so, they'll need to change the FAQ on the USDA page. Here is what it says:
Rohbino- I have admitted not to long ago that for a few players I believe foregoing HS may be whats best for them but for 95% I believe they should play HS. If thats a 180 to you then so be it.

I think you have a short memory lol I posted this a long time ago. As you can see prior to the DA the ECNL had been talking about not allowing their players to play HS soccer.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/high...trope_aid32569

For now, the ECNL has kept with its original format and allows players to play for both high school and club. Will that change down the line? Maybe not tomorrow, but the league isn’t ruling out the possibility.

“We’ve talked about it. It’s been discussed,” ECNL commissioner Sarah Kate Noftsinger said. “It’s a hot topic. It’s something that gets people fired up left and right, and if you say the wrong thing you can start a wildfire. We’re in such a luxurious position. Look at the size of the United States. It’s massive. Geographically, it’s a huge country, and we have so many people. Every area of the country is so different, so saying the right thing or the wrong thing could be different in each market.”

“I like high level games, and high school doesn’t offer that,” West Florida Flames U17 midfielder Abigail Kastroll said. “ECNL offers high level games and guarantees you a competitive game every time, and that’s what I like about it.”
Old 04-21-18, 09:19 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
"Its hard to support a club that does not support HS play..."
Old 04-23-18, 06:07 AM
All Region

I may be wrong but I thought the main measuring stick of depth of talent would be the number of girls playing in college, especially D1. ECNL is pretty clear about their numbers, 1157 (Out of 1507) playing college and 794 playing D1.

That's a big drop from 1409 and 1159 the previous year. I'm presuming that the drop of 300 is attributed to talent leaving for the DA.

The only committment tracker I can find associated with the DA is 1056 overall committments, for both male and female. I'm assuming that's split somewhat.

I presumed that the girl's DA would eventually take over the youth scene because of resources and opportunities, but if the 6 or so clubs who have dropped the DA go back to ECNL, are joined by another 3 or 4, that's going to be a significant chunk of talent going back to the ECNL.

With the National League restructuring to be more competitive, the DA may not be the slam dunk I thought it would be.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....class-of-2018/

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180208-n...-for-fall-2018
Old 04-23-18, 03:36 PM
All American

Take into account that the ECNL was smart enough to know the majority wanted and love to play High school.

The DA not so smart, Jam it down your throat like it or not !

The DA numbers are not correct !

You don't get kids committed from one short season ?

The majority of those kids committing were already on track to commit before the DA started.

Those talks and offers were before the DA started and just continued during the DA, The National League and the ECNL get to take that credit

Next year will be a true picture of really what the DA has done or not done.
Besides rumor around the tri-state says a lot of really good players are looking hard for other options.
That also seems to be the trend around the country.
Normally the first year is one where everyone jumps on board not jumping off.
Doesn't break my heart as i think the USSF is a Joke and they keep proving the people sitting back making BANK are making all the decisions to keep the money flowing.
Old 04-24-18, 05:57 AM
All Region

I think the most of the kids on DA and ECNL rosters, at least locally, spent their formative years (U10-U13ish) on smaller club rosters.

I think the commitment numbers were a reflection of where the talent was, as opposed to where they were developed, the point being that if 10 or so of top clubs switch back to ECNL, it could mean a significant movement of talent back to the ECNL. One of the complaints with both leagues is the disparity in talent between some of the teams and scores. A shift of 100-150 D1 level players, per age group would likely affect the competitiveness of both leagues.
Old 04-24-18, 11:36 AM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Take into account that the ECNL was smart enough to know the majority wanted and love to play High school.

The DA not so smart, Jam it down your throat like it or not !

The DA numbers are not correct !

You don't get kids committed from one short season ?

The majority of those kids committing were already on track to commit before the DA started.

Those talks and offers were before the DA started and just continued during the DA, The National League and the ECNL get to take that credit

Next year will be a true picture of really what the DA has done or not done.
Besides rumor around the tri-state says a lot of really good players are looking hard for other options.
That also seems to be the trend around the country.
Normally the first year is one where everyone jumps on board not jumping off.
Doesn't break my heart as i think the USSF is a Joke and they keep proving the people sitting back making BANK are making all the decisions to keep the money flowing.
Hey Bucky, I agree with you on this one. I also say the same applies to ECNL. They have taken credit for more than a few players that only played ECNL for their senior season. A few of your others statements apply to the ECNL as well. And how hard do they need to look for other options? The ECNL is an easy to find option in Cincinnati.
Old 04-24-18, 01:35 PM
All World

Nice to see local players getting great opportunities as Kailyn Dudukovich trains in Croatia ahead of the u16 US Youth National Team’s Torneo delle Nazioni Tournament in Italy! Love seeing great news like this.
Old 04-24-18, 02:25 PM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Nice to see local players getting great opportunities as Kailyn Dudukovich trains in Croatia ahead of the u16 US Youth National Team’s Torneo delle Nazioni Tournament in Italy! Love seeing great news like this.

KD is a awesome player and even better young lady. It’s been a while since The ECNL club has had a player in the national pool. It seems like Cup/DA is placing a lot of kids over the last 2 years into the pool. It seems to me they must be doing something right.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: