Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-12-18, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo View Post
Warms my heart to see so many young men deciding to pursue a Christ centered education.
They'd have stayed at Rogers for that. But progress apparently has been made in the SJJ mindset as they concede the superiority of a Public Education to produce well rounded, thinking individuals. I see that Roger's Cha Sweeney recently graduated with a Masters from Georgia Tech after helping them in the NIT finals and earning Academic honors. This Smith kid might just have cost himself a decent post-secondary education.
Old 05-18-18, 12:38 AM
All District

NLLBEST is on a distinguished road
Maybe this new transfer rule will prevent this from continuing to happen every year.
Old 06-07-18, 01:23 PM
Varsity

NWObballfan is on a distinguished road
SFS coach Travis Lewis was arrested earlier this week for "safe school assault." Does anyone have the story of what happened?

http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/ftproot...ingsummary.pdf
Old 06-07-18, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWObballfan View Post
SFS coach Travis Lewis was arrested earlier this week for "safe school assault." Does anyone have the story of what happened?

http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/ftproot...ingsummary.pdf

I don't know. Brand new, glad you're on top of it. Released pretty quickly. Apparently didn't need to sober up.
Old 06-07-18, 03:43 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Outstanding warrant from March. Got pulled over for rolling through a stop sign, arrested for outstanding warrant
Old 06-07-18, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

Bowsher. What a train wreck. Throw in an Oregon Councilman and you're bound to have nonsense.

Well whatever it was and whoever was at fault, it was resolved and someone forgot to tell the popo. But who the hell files a "safe school" warrant over a verbal tiff? He threaten to blow something up? Start a riot?

smh bOwsher
Old 06-08-18, 01:17 PM
Junior Varsity

D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
I'm confused based on what the Blade is reporting. Both SFS and TPS appeared to be satisfied that the issue was resolved and then Reeves files a report claiming that Lewis was in violation of the safe schools ordinance two months after the alleged incident.

Speaking of the City League, are any coaching jobs open besides Waite?
Old 06-08-18, 03:32 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1nwobb View Post
I'm confused based on what the Blade is reporting. Both SFS and TPS appeared to be satisfied that the issue was resolved and then Reeves files a report claiming that Lewis was in violation of the safe schools ordinance two months after the alleged incident.

Speaking of the City League, are any coaching jobs open besides Waite?
Because it is a joke. Weak attempt to smear Lewis. When you read the story you'd think he was doing something fireable such as driving drunk.
Old 06-08-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

There's several combatants here I'd have no problem taking a dig at, but I have to disagree with the assessment this looks like a "smear." The original poster maybe, but not the article. It looks like an honest attempt to report facts. My impression is no less of the coach. Perhaps if they got into specifics of what happened but both Admins, at least at the Board level seem satisfied.

The timeline is weird. It also raises a question of who and how a "safe school" violation gets reported.

This is an AD, not a board administator and was he somehow, out of the loop, left out of the loop on the TPS decision, what? Disagreed with TPS' decision and filed on his own, two months later?

Reeves had his own run-in with TPS Admin. This was in the paper. It was over, what I'd consider an overly heavy handed interpretation of a rule regards TPS personnel talking to the media (originally put forth by Larry Sykes if I recall correctly), which obliterated checks and balances on school operation but seems worded in a way it can be applied for comments not even regarding the job. Just an opinion. Reeves as I recall, won that court case and the admonition or whatever, was removed from his record.

I'll try to find the article.

So, whatever his side of this may be, he's apparently by this rule, not permitted to say publically.

I say, give everyone a pass and move on.
Old 06-08-18, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

Here we go. It was in "The Press."

http://www.presspublications.com/166...ent-settlement

and "The Blade's" version

http://www.toledoblade.com/Education...e-lawsuit.html
Old 06-09-18, 09:46 AM
All World

Why so many incidents with one AD? Quick, name another TPS AD.

I still believe smear. What could Coach Lewis have possibly done at a basketball game that warranted a violation of safe schools act? Argue with officials? Argue with Reeves personally? If anything more than that and this would have been a bigger deal. I watched Ed Heintschel berate an official at a JV game years ago. This is a weak attempt at smear and trying to get someone barred from coaching.
Old 06-09-18, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Why so many incidents with one AD? Quick, name another TPS AD.

I still believe smear. What could Coach Lewis have possibly done at a basketball game that warranted a violation of safe schools act? Argue with officials? Argue with Reeves personally? If anything more than that and this would have been a bigger deal. I watched Ed Heintschel berate an official at a JV game years ago. This is a weak attempt at smear and trying to get someone barred from coaching.
By who? The article in the paper? To ME, it exhonerated him, or at least put whatever happened into perspective of "let's move on." Am I reading something into it differently than you?

From my reading of things, it seems the "smear" was already taking place on "social media." There was also an attempt by a poster here, hence my response to that poster. The article, in my mind, without ever finding need to put out the details of what originally occurred, put it to rest.

Safe School: TPS admin filed a "safe school" against an upset parent they claimed loudly swearing in the hallways, demanding to remove her kids from the school. I don't think filing this one out of character if the coach's verbal actions were similar. But without knowing fine details of the incidents to compare, can only say both appear over reactions unless there was attempt to cause others to become involved, caused trauma or something deeper. Being there would have been more traumatic than reading about it in the paper, so some leeway to the Admins in the first case and the AD in this case is perhaps in order. Would you want to be the one in charge if someone else's actions looked to cause things at a public event to get out of control?

I posted the other articles to show there had been disagreement between that AD and TPS Admin in the past. The lawsuit clearly says, what YOU just did was unfair. Calling it an "incident." Being a Union guy like you are, I'm surprised at your statement. And ANY reasonble AMERICAN would call that TPS rule a blatant offense against the constitution. He spoke no ill will of anyone and the TPS Admin/Bowser Principal filed an incident because he didn't take it through the TPS mouth piece. TPS apparently agreed or were forced to agree as they changed the tone dramatically.

The point being, if something or someone looks to cause trouble at a game and someone in charge of that control doesn't do anything, then anyone should feel bound to report it to police and/or media, without fear of repercussion. They shouldn't be bound to go through the corporate mouth piece.

Isn't it possible even reasonable that the AD thinking someone at the Board butt-hurt over losing that lawsuit to the AD, maybe didn't back him up on the Jan incident for that reason only? Hence the AD filed on his own?

It does sound to me, like an everyone move on thing but again, I wasn't the one in charge of the gym while people were upset. Smearing (taking an opinion against) the coach, the AD, the Admins, the paper, or anyone else seems unfair without details of the incident. If there was any decision made because of ego, the children really need to get in a room and have a beer together.
Old 06-09-18, 11:37 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Incident happened post game as the SFS team was showering and not moving along quick enough for the Bowsher AD. Bowsher AD instructed some of the fully dressed SFS players onto their bus and coach said we do that as a team. Heated words were exchanged with many witnesses and depending who you talk to what type of threat to the Bowsher AD from Lewis was offered. Water under the bridge to all but Bowsher AD who then filed.
Old 06-09-18, 12:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
Incident happened post game as the SFS team was showering and not moving along quick enough for the Bowsher AD. Bowsher AD instructed some of the fully dressed SFS players onto their bus and coach said we do that as a team. Heated words were exchanged with many witnesses and depending who you talk to what type of threat to the Bowsher AD from Lewis was offered. Water under the bridge to all but Bowsher AD who then filed.
Started a week earlier when Lewis arrived at Bowsher with his two young kids and was not allowed free admission to scout which is customary. Bowsher AD went nuts, Lewis just decided to leave. At the actual game the Bowsher AD said their music in the locker-room was too loud. Words were exchanged with no threats and SF administrators nearby.

As mentioned everyone agreed the situation was blown out of proportion (bizarro world) and moved on except for Bowsher AD who filed unbeknownst to Lewis who then has warrant issued. Chicken-$hit move by the Bowsher AD.
Old 06-09-18, 12:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
By who? The article in the paper? To ME, it exhonerated him, or at least put whatever happened into perspective of "let's move on." Am I reading something into it differently than you?

From my reading of things, it seems the "smear" was already taking place on "social media." There was also an attempt by a poster here, hence my response to that poster. The article, in my mind, without ever finding need to put out the details of what originally occurred, put it to rest.

Safe School: TPS admin filed a "safe school" against an upset parent they claimed loudly swearing in the hallways, demanding to remove her kids from the school. I don't think filing this one out of character if the coach's verbal actions were similar. But without knowing fine details of the incidents to compare, can only say both appear over reactions unless there was attempt to cause others to become involved, caused trauma or something deeper. Being there would have been more traumatic than reading about it in the paper, so some leeway to the Admins in the first case and the AD in this case is perhaps in order. Would you want to be the one in charge if someone else's actions looked to cause things at a public event to get out of control?

I posted the other articles to show there had been disagreement between that AD and TPS Admin in the past. The lawsuit clearly says, what YOU just did was unfair. Calling it an "incident." Being a Union guy like you are, I'm surprised at your statement. And ANY reasonble AMERICAN would call that TPS rule a blatant offense against the constitution. He spoke no ill will of anyone and the TPS Admin/Bowser Principal filed an incident because he didn't take it through the TPS mouth piece. TPS apparently agreed or were forced to agree as they changed the tone dramatically.

The point being, if something or someone looks to cause trouble at a game and someone in charge of that control doesn't do anything, then anyone should feel bound to report it to police and/or media, without fear of repercussion. They shouldn't be bound to go through the corporate mouth piece.

Isn't it possible even reasonable that the AD thinking someone at the Board butt-hurt over losing that lawsuit to the AD, maybe didn't back him up on the Jan incident for that reason only? Hence the AD filed on his own?

It does sound to me, like an everyone move on thing but again, I wasn't the one in charge of the gym while people were upset. Smearing (taking an opinion against) the coach, the AD, the Admins, the paper, or anyone else seems unfair without details of the incident. If there was any decision made because of ego, the children really need to get in a room and have a beer together.
I do not doubt any of that and I agree with lawsuit and ruling. However, THAT has nothing to do with this. Right? Aside from the possibility the district will hang him out to dry at this point?
Old 06-09-18, 02:32 PM
All District

Trailsendcustom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Because it is a joke. Weak attempt to smear Lewis. When you read the story you'd think he was doing something fireable such as driving drunk.

Good stuff Irish.
Old 06-09-18, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsendcustom View Post

Good stuff Irish.

Mine was better
Old 06-09-18, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I do not doubt any of that and I agree with lawsuit and ruling. However, THAT has nothing to do with this. Right? Aside from the possibility the district will hang him out to dry at this point?
That's my point, he might be feeling that's what they did first time, in not backing his Jan. decisions. As for any connection to the game events, certainly none that I could fathom. Others have more input and feeling they know the details. I'm only quoting public sources.

It all sounds like grown people being childish. Ex-jocks trying to live the past rivalries, as I've said before many times on this board. Way too many of those. If a coach didn't like he couldn't get in free, with his kids, he could have paid the few bucks into Bowow's athletic fund or left without a scene. They don't owe him.

If there was complaint they were playing music too loud, they could turn it down.

If they (SFS) felt they were being treated unfairly, there are formal channels that do not involved trying to "win" the situation. You're at their house. Behave appropriately. SFS would expect the same.

Come-on, I'm an Eastsider. I've certainly no reason to support anything that goes on at that southend school. There were people from there involved in the Whitmer thing, the closing of Devilbis thing, the Waite thing and on it goes, including personal stuff.

AND I take your word for what occurred. But this seems to ME, more than one person acting a like a butt and it should be called that way.

How is it, the coach wasn't made aware between March and June, that there was a warrant and he ended up being informed in such a public way? Or did he ignore it?

It's all as you said, bizarre. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to know, what stop sign and what cop. Sounds like a set-up, to me. I bet it was a Bowsher cop and a stop sign made by a Bowser grad. Was "Stop" misspelled? Or simply too large a word for the SFSer?
Old 06-09-18, 04:01 PM
All World

Correct. This guy had a hand in the Whitmer thing. Fired a good man in favor of friends too.

Regardless, I agree, extremely childish. I cannot imagine filing a safe schools act violation over this? Ridiculous.

Well Lewis is black so there is 50/50 shot he will get pulled over. Cannot believe it took this long to be honest? Must be a really safe driver or drive a white-person acceptable brand (Subaru).
Old 06-09-18, 04:02 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsendcustom View Post

Good stuff Irish.
Lol, I don't see Lewis as a Manhattan drinker.
Old 06-28-18, 12:15 PM
Junior Varsity

D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
Case dismissed.