Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-07-18, 01:25 PM
Freshman

kaeu6237 is on a distinguished road
Northmont Job Opening

http://www.englewoodindependent.com/...ts-hoops-coach
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-18, 07:23 AM
Junior Varsity

baselinet2baseline is on a distinguished road
Very surprised to see that there is no conversation pertaining to this opening. This to me is a very intriguing job to say the least. A big school, nice facilities, great athletes, and competes in one of the top conferences in the state GWOC.

Northmont won the GWOC West in 2016 along with District runner up. So the program has had recent success. The program lost 6 seniors however, their is some talent left over from the JV and freshman teams.

Their is one name that has been bouncing around the area since it opened, sources say he is the one they want. Time will tell, good luck to the bolts on landing a quality coach
Old 04-12-18, 07:36 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by baselinet2baseline View Post
Very surprised to see that there is no conversation pertaining to this opening. This to me is a very intriguing job to say the least. A big school, nice facilities, great athletes, and competes in one of the top conferences in the state GWOC.

Northmont won the GWOC West in 2016 along with District runner up. So the program has had recent success. The program lost 6 seniors however, their is some talent left over from the JV and freshman teams.

Their is one name that has been bouncing around the area since it opened, sources say he is the one they want. Time will tell, good luck to the bolts on landing a quality coach
Who is that name?
Old 04-12-18, 07:43 AM
Junior Varsity

His program has been to the state 3 out of the last 5 years... no need to say more!
Old 04-12-18, 07:59 AM
All American

Quote:
His program has been to the state 3 out of the last 5 years... no need to say more!
Rockhold.. Hmm.. Does Nmont believe that his system will fit as with the talent level he has over at Trotwood? If so.. shoot your shot huh??

He needs players for that system and if they have them good luck trying to catch him. I do not think the Twood folks would be to concerned if he left. Which is wild gauging his success but that always just one side of the story.
Old 04-12-18, 08:22 AM
Junior Varsity

Northmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Rockhold.. Hmm.. Does Nmont believe that his system will fit as with the talent level he has over at Trotwood? If so.. shoot your shot huh??

He needs players for that system and if they have them good luck trying to catch him. I do not think the Twood folks would be to concerned if he left. Which is wild gauging his success but that always just one side of the story.
One does not need players for a system of Havoc, you need kids to buy in and want to compete at a high level. Having said that, it helps to have players like Trotwood or Springfield has. You would think the bolts has those type of athletes. Rockhold does a great job over at Trotwood, to sustain winning at a high level year in and year out is phenomenal. If he chooses to stay at Trotwood, one would wonder if Northmont would at least reach out to one of his assistants. Or how about the assistants coaches at Springfield or Wayne?!
Old 04-12-18, 12:28 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One does not need players for a system of Havoc, you need kids to buy in and want to compete at a high level. Having said that, it helps to have players like Trotwood or Springfield has. You would think the bolts has those type of athletes. Rockhold does a great job over at Trotwood, to sustain winning at a high level year in and year out is phenomenal. If he chooses to stay at Trotwood, one would wonder if Northmont would at least reach out to one of his assistants. Or how about the assistants coaches at Springfield or Wayne?!
If you think you don't you need the athletes for that system your fooling yourself. They can buy in all they want but if you don't have those type of athletes the system doesn't work. Not saying Northmont doesn't but speaking from a coaches' perspective.
Old 04-12-18, 12:55 PM
Junior Varsity

so your saying Northmont don't have athletes? I am sure there are plenty walking the halls of bolt country. I disagree with your sediments regarding only having to have certain type of kids to press, but I respect your opinion. On another note, who has applied or have interest?
Old 04-12-18, 01:15 PM
Freshman

kaeu6237 is on a distinguished road
The only application I know of is Brett Kopp from Bethel.
Old 04-12-18, 03:08 PM
All American

Quote:
I disagree. I really think many folks undervalue the skill of those kids Rockhold has had over the last few years. Northridge tried to run and jump and and play like Trotwood and they got beat by 40. There are some skilled kids in that program and he has bought out the best in those kids and that program. He will have to adjust at Nmont, good talent but not as much. He would have to change up his style. But I don't think he is going anywhere..
Old 04-13-18, 08:32 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so your saying Northmont don't have athletes? I am sure there are plenty walking the halls of bolt country. I disagree with your sediments regarding only having to have certain type of kids to press, but I respect your opinion. On another note, who has applied or have interest?
I got you B2B but your missing my point. Any team can press in fact I don't know a team that doesn't but at the pace and style that Trotwood does it everybody can't do. Not everyone has the speed, quickness and athleticism that they(TWOOD) has that's why not many teams do it exclusively like they do. They have the personnel to do it that way. Also I'm not saying Northmont doesn't have those type athletes, two years ago they did and they trapped more and had a successful season. This season I don't think they had the personnel to do it. As a result they struggled this year. Realistically, Northmont is not a better basketball job than Trotwood for a number of reasons, I don't think Rocky would take that job if offered.
Old 04-13-18, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
With the team Trotwood has coming back and the up and coming players. Why in the world would he want to leave? Not to mention Fogle is gone as well
Old 04-14-18, 05:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
With the team Trotwood has coming back and the up and coming players. Why in the world would he want to leave? Not to mention Fogle is gone as well
I agree with you cats about Rockhold. The question is why wouldn't the a.d contact one of the assistants at Springfield, Wayne, and Trotwood? All are good programs with guys who can reboot the bolts.
Old 04-14-18, 10:44 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
It would be stunning IMO if Rocky left Trotwood for anywhere with the kids he has back and St. V's going up to D1. They have to be the odds on favorite to win D2 this coming year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-18, 12:06 PM
Freshman

HoopsFan456 is on a distinguished road
Any updates?
Old 04-30-18, 05:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Posting closes on the 4th... Im sure there are plenty of applicants.
Old 04-30-18, 06:24 PM
Junior Varsity

UKnowIt is on a distinguished road
Seems like a long window for a job like this. If they don't start interviews until the 7th and take a week. That is putting a coach behind the 8 ball with scheduling summer stuff and getting things organized.

i hope they have someone running open gyms right now!
Old 05-08-18, 08:20 AM
Varsity

CoachRuxin is on a distinguished road
Any updates?
Old 05-08-18, 10:27 AM
Junior Varsity

The JV coach was hired as the new HC
Old 05-08-18, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool