Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-17-18, 04:47 PM
All American

BusinessEnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenandwhite98 View Post
What has happened to Mike Noszka's star? Did it shine bright and fade just as quick? He was a finalist for St. X not too long ago and now he's not mentioned here or on the Lakota West thread.
I think Noszka is hoping that Lallathin gets the West job and he can go back for the St. X job. He's made no secret about his desire to coach in the GCL South.
Old 04-19-18, 08:24 AM
Freshman

RetiredCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKYBallboy View Post
I don't think Schrand is interested in coaching anymore. Minor lives in NKY and that would be a long commute for him. I spoke to a coach in NKY and he said that Brandon Grammer, a former head coach in Florida and Louisville, is a candidate they are showing interest in and will possibly get an interview.
I have heard that he is interviewing this week. More info?
Old 04-20-18, 12:38 PM
Freshman

RetiredCoach is on a distinguished road
Any word out of the Big Blue?
Old 04-23-18, 02:34 PM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Dont be surprised to hear the name Pat Cosgrove around the Hamilton job!
Old 04-23-18, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

BlueFan82 is on a distinguished road
Van Winkle wasn't a bad coach. He took the program from 8-15 in '14 to 12-11 in '18. He also built the youth program which is already paying dividends. Give the guy a little credit. A pretty unfortunate hot take earlier about torching the entire staff from Freshman up. Aren't most of them "Hamilton guys?" The Freshman team lost 2 games during the regular season and ran through the Freshman tournament like a Mack truck. I would think Mr. Miller & company acquitted themselves quite well.

Last edited by BlueFan82; 04-23-18 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-24-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Dont be surprised to hear the name Pat Cosgrove around the Hamilton job!
I would be stunned if they chose Pat over the other candidates they have.
Old 04-24-18, 09:50 AM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
I would be stunned if they chose Pat over the other candidates they have.
From initial interviews and questions last week I'm pretty sure HHS will select:

#1--coach/teacher they can get in the HHS building (Pat teaches like 5th grade)
#2--experience as a HC/Asst Varsity at D1 level
#3--experience in the GMC/vs. GMC teams
#4--knowledge of the returning HHS players cohesiveness challenge

Not sure Cosgrove fits that scenario coming from Summit--we'll see!
Old 04-24-18, 05:00 PM
All American

BusinessEnd
Higgins job to lose. I can see Wyrick ending up at West.
Old 04-24-18, 09:00 PM
All World

GCPRO
The Hamilton Journal is reporting that Hamilton community members spoke on behalf of Tyrice Walker at this evening's Board of Education meeting.
Old 04-25-18, 11:54 AM
Varsity

rollingthunder is on a distinguished road
I guess someone should update this...

Kevin Higgins met with his players this morning to tell them that he was leaving
Lebanon to take the Hamilton job.

Now we can have speculation talk about who should go to Lebanon.
Old 04-25-18, 05:35 PM
All Region

Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...tQanUVuVs7SyN/
Old 04-25-18, 08:20 PM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballin50 View Post
Really good hire. Took Colerain to the only 2 sweet 16s in school history left for better paying job at Lebanon.
Old 04-26-18, 09:27 AM
Varsity

doon2625 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post
Really good hire. Took Colerain to the only 2 sweet 16s in school history left for better paying job at Lebanon.
Just curious...what do you consider a good hire.... did you all check his complete body of work..... 42-87 career GMC record and 119-135 all time record between Lebanon and Colerain.... 4 winning seasons out of 11...wow.... Not a bad coach, but not the hire Hamilton need for the direction they want to go!
Old 04-26-18, 09:42 AM
All American

BusinessEnd
Under the circumstances at Colerain, Higgins accomplishments were monumental. The same could be said for what he was able to do at Lebanon. I think its a really good hire by Hamilton.
Old 04-26-18, 09:44 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by doon2625 View Post
Just curious...what do you consider a good hire.... did you all check his complete body of work..... 42-87 career GMC record and 119-135 all time record between Lebanon and Colerain.... 4 winning seasons out of 11...wow.... Not a bad coach, but not the hire Hamilton need for the direction they want to go!
Sometimes "good coaches" don't have top talent each and every year they coach, so their overall record is going to take a hit--Higgins at Colerain (fighting the football monster) did the best he could in a league that had Princeton, Middletown, Mason, West, and East putting up great/good seasons during his tenure at Colerain--to get two of his teams to the Regionals is a real pat on the back. His teams at Lebanon certainly didn't have great talent, but he coached the talent in a system that was going to give those teams the best chance to win--a good coach is judged by how prepared his team is night-in and night-out--Hamilton will be prepared--kids will play his way or won't play!!
Old 04-26-18, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
This is a really good hire. Forget the record. As said, it's almost miraculous what he managed to do at Colerain given the circumstances. Lebanon's been an improving product since he's been there. They had a nice record and were competitive given their talent level this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-18, 12:33 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
this is a really good hire. Forget the record. As said, it's almost miraculous what he managed to do at colerain given the circumstances. Lebanon's been an improving product since he's been there. They had a nice record and were competitive given their talent level this year.

Sent from my xt1254 using tapatalk

wow...sounds good unless you are a fan of a particular school... Its ok to like him... But you guys sound sad, if you don't think winning or losing will ever come into play... Tell me who your favorite team is ....tell me if they are winning or losing... And whether or not its important!
Old 04-26-18, 12:37 PM
All World

Quote:
wow...sounds good unless you are a fan of a particular school... Its ok to like him... But you guys sound sad, if you don't think winning or losing will ever come into play... Tell me who your favorite team is ....tell me if they are winning or losing... And whether or not its important!
Not sure what you mean because in sports some teams win and some lose--no team wins all the time--, but Lebanon (Higgins team) kicked Hamilton's tail 63-55 last year--with inferior talent. If you are a HHS fan that should make you happy that you have a coach who beat "your favorite team" by 8 points and had less talent.
Old 04-26-18, 01:06 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Not sure what you mean because in sports some teams win and some lose--no team wins all the time--, but Lebanon (Higgins team) kicked Hamilton's tail 63-55 last year--with inferior talent. If you are a HHS fan that should make you happy that you have a coach who beat "your favorite team" by 8 points and had less talent.
Come on man...I said if you all like the guy that's fine.... but you all yapp all of the time about winning and losing... Lebanon's team sucked last year and so did Hamilton's so that's not saying much...
Old 04-26-18, 01:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
If a coach is SOOOO successful with a great career record at a school...why would he choose Hamilton? Who were you pining for?

Colerain to 2 regionals supercedes record in my book.
Old 04-26-18, 01:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Come on man...I said if you all like the guy that's fine.... but you all yapp all of the time about winning and losing... Lebanon's team sucked last year and so did Hamilton's so that's not saying much...
No yapping here pal--I look for coaches who do a good job--Higgins won 14 games in two of his four years at Lebanon--Hamilton hasn't won 14 games in a season since 2006-07 when they won 17 games. Hell Blue fans should be doing cartwheels having a guy who won 2 district titles at Colerain in the GMC and two 14-win seasons at Lebanon--established head coaches were not beating the door down to get that Hamilton job I can assure you.
Old 04-26-18, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lebanon's program top to bottom is much better due to him being there. The best was yet to come.

Hamilton is lucky to have Higgins. By the time their tremendous freshmen are seniors, expect them to be a district champ or better. He's done a tremendous job on a handful of occasions with much less talent than what Big Blue has coming up the ranks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-18, 03:21 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Hamilton Big Blue

Higgins excited about 'once-in-a-lifetime' job at Hamilton

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...AKx3yOznqtKfP/