Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-10-17, 10:56 AM
Freshman

ECNL is on a distinguished road
G - not sure why you insist on thinking OE would lie about something as silly as the number of players they have trained that have been called into USWNT's.

Could you please post for us the players names that you have trained that have been called into the USWNT's? Or the top players that have left OE to be trained by coachg. Point is, the top players don't leave OE to go elsewhere. Once they are at OE, they stay. Ever wonder why that is?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-17, 11:33 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNL View Post
G - not sure why you insist on thinking OE would lie about something as silly as the number of players they have trained that have been called into USWNT's.

Could you please post for us the players names that you have trained that have been called into the USWNT's? Or the top players that have left OE to be trained by coachg. Point is, the top players don't leave OE to go elsewhere. Once they are at OE, they stay. Ever wonder why that is?
ECNL- Lie / mistake number two "Point is, the top players don't leave OE to go elsewhere. Once they are at OE, they stay." - Plenty of players leave OE to go to KHA, CUP and elsewhere. You still haven't answered the question and seem to be avoiding it. You said on your site that "OE" has had 25 players called up to the US National Teams from U14 to the Full Women’s National Team. Now you seem to be saying that a two of your coaches have coached some players for undisclosed time at sometime in the career some players that were called up. Thats a far cry from basically saying OE developed those players as you seem to be saying so its either a lie or false marketing to lure players. So once you address this question I will answer yours. Why not use your real name since it appears you are one of two people from OE T or D.

Last edited by coachg; 05-10-17 at 12:07 PM..
Old 05-10-17, 01:08 PM
All Ohio

Juan Pelota is on a distinguished road
coach g and doug, deep down in the bottom of your hearts you guys know that you love each other. These escapades and sparring matches have been going on for years now. You feign that you don't like each other but the latent love that you have for each other is obvious. bury the hatchet once and for all and make up for the good of the kids...
Old 05-10-17, 03:02 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pelota View Post
coach g and doug, deep down in the bottom of your hearts you guys know that you love each other. These escapades and sparring matches have been going on for years now. You feign that you don't like each other but the latent love that you have for each other is obvious. bury the hatchet once and for all and make up for the good of the kids...
Truth be told I have defended Doug on here many times from attacks from others when they have said he was mean to players ( I wont get into the exact things said you can look them up if you want.) which I stated then and will again most of the players I have talked to that Doug coaches really like Doug. Many players like their coaches too. My issue is not with Doug though you all would really like to make it out that way for your own entertainment.

Last edited by coachg; 05-12-17 at 11:31 AM..
Old 05-18-17, 06:41 AM
All Region

werns63 is on a distinguished road
I guess we will find out next week, which HS are hit the hardest with their studs going to DA..
Old 05-18-17, 06:47 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
I think the area minor league clubs are going to bleed out.
Old 05-19-17, 09:01 AM
Freshman

JCruyff is on a distinguished road
A couple of the posts above in this thread suggest that CUP may hold it against a player if she leaves the club. I assume that they do not similarly hold against a player if she (u11) tries out and gets offered but elects to remain with her current club for another year (or more) before perhaps deciding to move to CUP/OE in teenage years? Anyone have a view on whether it's even worthwhile/beneficial for her to try out if she is likely to stay put?
Old 05-19-17, 10:59 AM
All World

I have never heard of CU as a club holding it against any player that wants to try out for another club / team.
Old 05-19-17, 12:01 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
I have never heard of CU as a club holding it against any player that wants to try out for another club / team.
Hey Mister! I think you dropped this! ...(P)...
Old 05-19-17, 12:19 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCruyff View Post
A couple of the posts above in this thread suggest that CUP may hold it against a player if she leaves the club. I assume that they do not similarly hold against a player if she (u11) tries out and gets offered but elects to remain with her current club for another year (or more) before perhaps deciding to move to CUP/OE in teenage years? Anyone have a view on whether it's even worthwhile/beneficial for her to try out if she is likely to stay put?
There are a lot more experience and knowledgeable club people on this thread than me, so I'll hold comments about whether clubs hold grudges or not.

In reference to the value of trying out at other clubs whether you plan to move or not, I'd offer these thoughts. My daughter came from a very small club. I asked her to try out at a Dayton club at U10 and U11 for the experience. She got good feedback and I think it helped when she finally tried out at another Dayton club at U12.

At U14 our club imploded after fall season. We were fortunate Galaxies let out girls play with their various U15 teams (Those parents were very gracious and accepting).

Since then I always ask my daughter to tryout out at least one other club, and she can choose where she wants to play. That way she always has options, and we know a little more about other coaches and clubs in the area. She definitely has a better familiarity with girls her age group in the Ohio/Cinci area.

I would presume that if you were looking at another club and interested in moving you'd have asked to attend a practice so that your Mia could get more individualize evaluation and you could get a better feel for the coach and the team.

We've met some really quality coaches in the area and some great families from that experience.
Old 05-19-17, 03:43 PM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCruyff View Post
Is your little mia happy? I assume since you say that she may elect to stay with her current club for a year or more that she must be...no reason to move until 11v11, or frankly until puberty hits...unless she is at a small club with a bad coach...some of the local clubs around CUP do a GREAT job at developing players.
That is the reason you see so many of their former players at CUP/OE. If she is at an CSA, TFA, Warren Co., with a good coach, and friends she likes to play with then let her be happy learning the beautiful game!
Old 05-22-17, 10:07 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
I guess we will find out next week, which HS are hit the hardest with their studs going to DA..
We may also find out which high schools aren't affected because their studs chose to stay at or switch to OE and the ECNL route. Plenty of multiple sport athletes on our ECNL teams.
Old 05-22-17, 10:33 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNL View Post
We may also find out which high schools aren't affected because their studs chose to stay at or switch to OE and the ECNL route. Plenty of multiple sport athletes on our ECNL teams.
I think the ironic part is, just 2-3 years ago you told your OE studs that HS was bad for their development and that you wanted them playing club instead of Hs.

Now your marketing has completely flip flopped cause you have competition.

All about that mighty dollar huh?
Old 05-22-17, 11:23 AM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
I think the ironic part is, just 2-3 years ago you told your OE studs that HS was bad for their development and that you wanted them playing club instead of Hs.

Wow..That's right! Spot on!!
Old 05-22-17, 11:51 AM
Freshman

Quote:

Not accurate. Well known that OE kids have always had their choice and option to play high school or with the OE Fall team. Most of the "OE studs" have chose high school for years, see post season high school awards lists which are full of "OE studs" every year. Some choose to play with the fall team as well. Every kids situation is different.

Look at the OE U18 roster and you'll find multiple NFHS All-Americans, All-Region players, All-State, All-City, All-Conference, Player of the Year, etc. You'll also find one out of 21 that played on the OE Fall Team. Go back through the years and you will see similar rosters with HS award winners and a few that chose to play on the fall team.

Side note, for those wondering, this account is not affiliated with OE or the ECNL. Trolling you jokers is just too easy. Could be Bucky's 3rd account...or coachg's alter ego account.
Old 05-22-17, 03:38 PM
Freshman

5x26 is on a distinguished road
My daughters play at OE, and have for years. NEVER once heard that Tim or Doug have told players not to play high school. I've seen them at high school games in person supporting the girls and their families.

Also as ECNL mentioned above, year after year the bulk of the local high school player awards are OE ECNL kids. That really should be proof enough there is no dissent on this subject at OE.
Old 05-23-17, 07:32 AM
All American

Another Mic Drop!
Old 05-26-17, 01:27 PM
Freshman

MitchSaysNo is on a distinguished road
Who's going to keep this thing rolling? It's been a couple days and I need something entertaining. Is there a mic drop from the other side?
Old 05-26-17, 05:02 PM
All American

So what high schools lose out on their studs to the DA
Old 05-27-17, 06:22 PM
Freshman

Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Oak Hills, St. Ursula, Ursuline, MND, Mason.
Old 05-27-17, 06:49 PM
Freshman

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
West/East
Old 05-27-17, 09:31 PM
All American

West east and Turpin got hit hard!
Old 05-28-17, 06:28 AM
All District

Springboro
Old 05-29-17, 02:49 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
West east and Turpin got hit hard!
How do you know? Official invites don't get set until later today.
Old 05-29-17, 07:11 AM
Freshman

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
They have already been sent and accepted or declined.
Old 05-29-17, 12:55 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
cincy, west east and turpin got hit hard who did they lose thanks for the update coach, crazy times
Old 05-30-17, 06:03 AM
All American

DA is not healthy for our sport. Will crash and burn in a few years, leaving behind the carnage of kids upset that they did not get to enjoy their best soccer years playing for their School. Beginning to think a lot of these kids going to the DA would have struggled for playing time on their HS teams anyway.
Old 05-30-17, 06:15 AM
All District

Where does the pre-DA play? National League?
Old 05-30-17, 11:40 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Where does the pre-DA play? National League?
MRL and National League yes.
Old 05-30-17, 11:46 AM
All American

Duplicate. See below

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: