Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-21-18, 09:41 AM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
Moye is ONLY allowed at the HS level.
I can't find a rule in the NCAA rule book to support this statement. The closest would be that the games committee can require the use of the starting blocks they provide, and if they don't have any Moyes, then I guess you are out of luck.

I can't be bothered to look at the IAAF and USATF rules this morning, but it would not surprise me if they did have a rule requiring a "four-point" start.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-18, 09:58 AM
All Ohio

Newton's Third is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
it would not surprise me if they did have a rule requiring a "four-point" start.
That is what I recall, that both hands must be in contact with the track. Does HS have a rule that at least one hand must be touching? It remember looking into a standing start using blocks so that they didn't step backwards but something made it illegal. Do you know of any such rule?
Old 08-21-18, 11:04 AM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton's Third View Post
That is what I recall, that both hands must be in contact with the track. Does HS have a rule that at least one hand must be touching? It remember looking into a standing start using blocks so that they didn't step backwards but something made it illegal. Do you know of any such rule?
There is no rule requiring a three or four point stance regardless of use of blocks or not in NFHS.

I would suggest letting the starter know of the odd starting position so he's not waiting for your athlete to put a hand down on the "Set" command, but that's just a courtesy to eliminate confusion for both the officials and your athlete.
Old 08-21-18, 04:00 PM
All American

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
I can't find a rule in the NCAA rule book to support this statement. The closest would be that the games committee can require the use of the starting blocks they provide, and if they don't have any Moyes, then I guess you are out of luck.

I can't be bothered to look at the IAAF and USATF rules this morning, but it would not surprise me if they did have a rule requiring a "four-point" start.
I can't cite you the rule book, but I KNOW that Moye blocks and standing starts in the sprints are VERBOTTEN above the HS level. You show up with a Moye block at a college meet and they'll look at you like you have two heads.