Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-16-17, 11:56 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
You still talking about Hillary? And commending the forest for the trees metaphor?

The media grilled Hillary over her BS email scandal the same as they grilling Team Trump over the Russian BS. Is there something there? Maybe. But certainly not what the media made/makes either to be. If you cannot see that then you are truly partisan.

Time to move on...everyone...
Old 07-16-17, 01:19 PM
All Ohio

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
You still talking about Hillary? And commending the forest for the trees metaphor?

The media grilled Hillary over her BS email scandal the same as they grilling Team Trump over the Russian BS. Is there something there? Maybe. But certainly not what the media made/makes either to be. If you cannot see that then you are truly partisan.

Comparing is ridiculous and extremely partisan, one exist one does not exist.
like comparing werewolf zombies to Charles Manson.

Now if you want to compare the Clinton Russian collusion to the Trump Russia collusion at least you have apples to apples...but then again one is normal apple...and if you pretend there is not a barrel full rotten Clinton apples being ignored by the media you are being truly partisan.
Old 07-16-17, 03:02 PM
All World

You sound just like the Dems that continued to blame Bush 3-4 years into Obama's presidency. Move on dude.
Old 07-16-17, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

If the "deep state", the republicans and the news media had investigated the Hillary email debacle with even a fraction of the effort they have wasted on the Trump Russian connection Hillary would not have been able to run for POTUS and might even be in jail as we speak.

BTW, a technique I use to explain how serious & stupid the Hillary email scandal was is to ask a Hillary defender what would happen to a senior executive at a fortune 500 company who did exactly what Hillary had done:

* First, the executive would have lost their job the moment it became clear she was conducting senior level corporate business using a private email account and her own personal servers operating outside the corporate security screen.

* Second the corporate lawyers would have filed suit to obtain ALL the email messages on the server in which company business had been conducted. The company would have then gone through the information and they would have determined what was and wasn't "private" versus "corporate" communications. There is no way they would have let the executive and her lawyers determine the critical status of the emails.

* If the executive did not cooperate with the company and had actually destroyed emails that might have been corporate property they would have asked for the appropriate law enforcement agency to file whatever "white collar" criminal charges might apply. In addition the company would almost certainly sue the executive for breach of contract and any other violations and corporate damage that might have occurred.

* Finally, the senior executive would likely never see the inside of a corporate boardroom again. I suspect her employment options as a senior executive would have dried up.

Now apply the above to a sitting Secretary of State and the problem is ten times worse than what the senior corporate executive did. And then point out the insanity of promoting that same person for POTUS and you can convince most people of how important the whole Hillary email situation was.
Old 07-16-17, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You sound just like the Dems that continued to blame Bush 3-4 years into Obama's presidency. Move on dude.
False deflection. Democrats who blamed Bush in a blanket manner for political gains needed to move on. However, it would have been presumptuous for anyone to demand that democrats who blamed Bush for specific events - like his decision to engage in Nation building in response to 9/11 as opposed to finding & killing Osama or his decision to invade Iraq BEFORE we had killed Osama and "won" the battle in Afghanistan. These specific criticisms are still valid even 10 years after the fact.
Old 07-16-17, 03:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
Comparing is ridiculous and extremely partisan, one exist one does not exist.
like comparing werewolf zombies to Charles Manson.
I like this comparison! Great point.
Old 07-17-17, 07:05 AM
All World

Of course you disagree. Of course you like his comparison. You both are highly partisan to the point that it screws with your better judgement.
Old 07-17-17, 07:25 AM
All American

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Point of clarification...

The republicans in Congress grilled Hillary over the email scandal. The media (outside of Fox) did not.
Old 07-17-17, 07:28 AM
All American

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You both are highly partisan to the point that it screws with your better judgement.
Ironic coming from the guy who just called the email scandal 'BS' but thinks the Trump/Russia scandal has merit...
Old 07-17-17, 07:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post

The republicans in Congress grilled Hillary over the email scandal. The media (outside of Fox) did not.
And that's a critical distinction because the media provides politicians with the "fuel" to keep an investigation alive. I would also add that the deep state and a unified democrat block worked to hinder any investigation of her email scandal. In contrast, Trump is the target of the deep state and there are a sizable number of turncoat republicans rushing to the microphones to express their concerns over the latest bit of fake news the media pushes. I don't remember a lot of senior democrat statesmen expressing PUBLIC concern over Hillary's emails.
Old 07-17-17, 07:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Of course you disagree. Of course you like his comparison. You both are highly partisan to the point that it screws with your better judgement.
And of course you don't have a partisan bone in your body.

BTW, what does it feel like to be one of those magic people who inhabit the moderate sphere and float above the rest of us engaged in our petty partisan battles?
Old 07-17-17, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The Bush/Obama team, over-action followed by inaction, has done a wonderful job of destabilizing the Middle East and enabling terror organizations to thrive, though, huh ?
Old 07-17-17, 08:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

BTW, what does it feel like to be one of those magic people who inhabit the moderate sphere and float above the rest of us engaged in our petty partisan battles?
He just flipped after having been a rubber-stamp Toledo Dem his whole life. He's confused. Give him time to settle in. He suffers from political PTSD.
Old 07-17-17, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If the "deep state", the republicans and the news media had investigated the Hillary email debacle with even a fraction of the effort they have wasted on the Trump Russian connection Hillary would not have been able to run for POTUS and might even be in jail as we speak.

BTW, a technique I use to explain how serious & stupid the Hillary email scandal was is to ask a Hillary defender what would happen to a senior executive at a fortune 500 company who did exactly what Hillary had done:

* First, the executive would have lost their job the moment it became clear she was conducting senior level corporate business using a private email account and her own personal servers operating outside the corporate security screen.

* Second the corporate lawyers would have filed suit to obtain ALL the email messages on the server in which company business had been conducted. The company would have then gone through the information and they would have determined what was and wasn't "private" versus "corporate" communications. There is no way they would have let the executive and her lawyers determine the critical status of the emails.

* If the executive did not cooperate with the company and had actually destroyed emails that might have been corporate property they would have asked for the appropriate law enforcement agency to file whatever "white collar" criminal charges might apply. In addition the company would almost certainly sue the executive for breach of contract and any other violations and corporate damage that might have occurred.

* Finally, the senior executive would likely never see the inside of a corporate boardroom again. I suspect her employment options as a senior executive would have dried up.

Now apply the above to a sitting Secretary of State and the problem is ten times worse than what the senior corporate executive did. And then point out the insanity of promoting that same person for POTUS and you can convince most people of how important the whole Hillary email situation was.
That's the facts, Jack!

The only thing I disagree with is the notion that she might be in jail already. Even without media backing, it would take many years to get her in jail.
Old 07-17-17, 08:38 AM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm neither Irish nor a buffalo, but I'll answer here: it feels pretty awesome.

I ignore politics in general, unless it's to play devil's advocate to some highly partisan person on here or another board.

I don't think I'm 'better' than anyone because I consider myself moderate, but judging by the tone of so many on both sides, I do think I'm generally a happier person. Who knows, though? Maybe people enjoy tearing down other people and their opinions.
Old 07-17-17, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post

I ignore politics in general, unless it's to play devil's advocate to some highly partisan person on here or another board.

I don't think I'm 'better' than anyone because I consider myself moderate, but judging by the tone of so many on both sides, I do think I'm generally a happier person. Who knows, though? Maybe people enjoy tearing down other people and their opinions.
It's called "sharing in our enlightened condition". Get with the program.
Old 07-17-17, 09:32 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
He just flipped after having been a rubber-stamp Toledo Dem his whole life. He's confused. Give him time to settle in. He suffers from political PTSD.
Lol.
Old 07-17-17, 09:33 AM
All World

Quote:

You know better. Of couese I do. But every once in awhile this board needs to be brought back to reality.
Old 07-17-17, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol.
Does your health plan cover the laser removal of your "Marcy Kaptur for Life" tattoo ?

You could always start a go-fund-me........post a link. I'll kick in $20
Old 07-17-17, 10:51 AM
All World

Two staples in my grandparents home growing up. A picture of FDR and a picture of Marcy Kaptur.

And a Virgin Mary statue near the garden along with an outdoor brick fireplace. Keep in mind, the public HS district I grew up in had 6 Catholic grade schools and a bar on every corner. We are talking E. Toledo which has population around 25,000-$30,000(?) and had 6 parishes. Holy Toledo. Fairly ethnic. Heavily trades/manufacturing union. 90% Democrat. Absolutely great place to grow up.

Ok several things.
Old 07-17-17, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post

Actually Fox never grilled her either because she wouldn't appear on Fox like she did MSNBC and CNN,
Old 07-17-17, 12:02 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
cabe making fun of someone's voting history
Old 07-17-17, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

Neop so butt-hurt he has to make things up just to feel better ?
Old 07-17-17, 04:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

I get that but often events on the ground conspire to force you to pick which side you're going to be on. I suspect we're rapidly approaching a point in our history where fence sitting won't be tolerated. Both sides will be saying: "You're either WITH us or AGAINST us".
Old 07-17-17, 04:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You know better. Of couese I do. But every once in awhile this board needs to be brought back to reality.
You can say a lot of things about Yappi.com, but one thing for sure is this is a "reality free" place if ever there was one.
Old 07-17-17, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Old 07-17-17, 05:06 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:

in other words stick your head in the sand and hope everything works out.
Old 07-17-17, 05:24 PM
All Ohio

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You can say a lot of things about Yappi.com, but one thing for sure is this is a "reality free" place if ever there was one.
Truer words have never been spoken, lotr10.

The opinions expressed on here truly have very little to do with any factual basis or any reality.

They are fun to read, though......especially from those who take themselves so seriously!

Good post, sir.
Old 07-17-17, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Truer words have never been spoken, lotr10.

The opinions expressed on here truly have very little to do with any factual basis or any reality.

They are fun to read, though......especially from those who take themselves so seriously!

Good post, sir.
Not so fast MS, as free form message boards go there is a lot of truth & wisdom being bantered around on Yappi. My "reality free" comment has more to do with the idea that each side of the debate (conservative versus progressive) doesn't believe the other side lives in realville. I know I feel that way about the progressive left and their insane Russian obsession with Trump. Not to mention their stances on everything from culture to immigration to the economy. This is why I agree with what Carl Bernstein just wrote: The USA is involved in a cold civil war and we better all hope it doesn't go HOT.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18664/...r-hank-berrien
Old 07-17-17, 07:28 PM
All World

Quote:
Notice the my friend. Lots can get lost in translation on this board.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: