Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-10-17, 07:03 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Hmmm....white scorer in Boston, good-looking kid, reunited with his old college coach....

He'll never pay for another drink or dinner in Celtics land if he does reasonably well, he'll get a ton of local endorsements that pay as well as many national ones, he's playing for a legendary franchise..... lots to like.
You like what you see eh?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-17, 07:22 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
really ?

How old are we ? That's like junior high stuff there, turp. You should slap yourself.
Old 07-10-17, 07:26 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
You like what you see eh?
Hopefully he spares us the fantasies.
Old 07-10-17, 07:27 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
really ?

How old are we ? That's like junior high stuff there, turp. You should slap yourself.
Old 07-10-17, 08:38 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
You think that an inexperienced GM should be paid a salary equal to what the last GM left for him to spend ? Doesn't seem like he'd get to do too much "GM'ing", anyway. They're better off with Altman. Mr Big Shot was just going to be a figurehead with Altman doing the scrambling. He got a raise out of ESPN to stay there, doing something he has some actual experience with.

You are way off here.
I'm not saying he deserves the median GM salary. But 37.5% of the current lowest? That's an utter low ball.
Old 07-13-17, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
If Carmelo goes to Houston, is the Harden/Paul/Anthony combo anything the rest of the NBA has to much worry about?
Old 07-13-17, 08:23 AM
All American

Cavs, Golden State and the Spurs? I'm guessing no. The younger up and coming teams will be hitting their peaks when the Rockets breakdown/break up. All three are best with the ball in their hands. Paul and Anthony, while great, are on the decline. Anthony has missed, on average, 16 games a year the last 5 years. Paul has missed, on average, 12 games a year in the same time span.

I also didn't think LeBron +Wade would work, but at least they were at their peak years.

Last edited by Taco MacArthur; 07-13-17 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-13-17, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

Aaron Goldhammer is the lamest hack idiot on the radio. We are so lucky to have this desperate, untalented goof on Cleveland radio. He has no idea how comical he is.
Old 07-13-17, 10:19 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Aaron Goldhammer is the lamest hack idiot on the radio. We are so lucky to have this desperate, untalented goof on Cleveland radio. He has no idea how comical he is.
This guy only has a job because he is related to one of the owners or bosses.
Old 07-13-17, 11:18 AM
Junior Varsity

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
How can you listen to that show when Rizzo is on vacation? Not sure why they brought Hammer back from the afternoon and stuck him with Rizzo again, but it was a bad move. I've trended towards Dan Patrick and Rick Eisen to get me through the day, unless there's a special reason to listen to the Cleveland guys.
Old 07-13-17, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
If Carmelo goes to Houston, is the Harden/Paul/Anthony combo anything the rest of the NBA has to much worry about?
Too many ball dominant guys to be able to work well enough to beat the other high-end teams. The only way this works well is if Carmelo starts scoring off the pass, cuts, etc. instead of in isolation. Otherwise, somebody gets left behind stats-wise, and I think it has to be him. Paul makes plays for others, Carmelo does not. Harden will get his regardless. The window on this group figuring it out and contending is also only maybe 2-3 years with the older guys already starting to decline.

Probably a mute point, because I can't see that group being able to get enough stops to beat Golden State with Harden and Carmelo both on the floor.
Old 07-13-17, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
How can you listen to that show when Rizzo is on vacation? Not sure why they brought Hammer back from the afternoon and stuck him with Rizzo again, but it was a bad move. I've trended towards Dan Patrick and Rick Eisen to get me through the day, unless there's a special reason to listen to the Cleveland guys.
I was just passing through, but he had the proof that LBJ is headed to LA. A few lines are still open! Call in, everybody!!

That's gold, Jerry! GoldHAMMER!!

Hack turd
Old 07-13-17, 05:39 PM
All Yappi

Yep, I don't see a Harden/Paul/Anthony trio blazing their way through the West. Heck, I like the Minnesota trio of Wiggins/Towns/Butler much more, and their are duos like Cousins/Davis and Westbrook/George that may be more intriguing than Harden and the geezers.
Old 07-14-17, 07:07 AM
All American

I need to see Wiggins and Towns defense take a step or two up before they challenge the Rockets. But yes, they are a more balanced "big 3" than what the Rockets have.
Old 07-14-17, 07:22 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Too many ball dominant guys to be able to work well enough to beat the other high-end teams. The only way this works well is if Carmelo starts scoring off the pass, cuts, etc. instead of in isolation. Otherwise, somebody gets left behind stats-wise, and I think it has to be him. Paul makes plays for others, Carmelo does not. Harden will get his regardless. The window on this group figuring it out and contending is also only maybe 2-3 years with the older guys already starting to decline.

Probably a mute point, because I can't see that group being able to get enough stops to beat Golden State with Harden and Carmelo both on the floor.
Uh oh...you said "mute point" also.
Old 07-14-17, 07:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I need to see Wiggins and Towns defense take a step or two up before they challenge the Rockets. But yes, they are a more balanced "big 3" than what the Rockets have.
Agreed, but my point (poorly expressed) is that I'd rather have the Wolves' core three than the Rockets' possible core 3.
Old 07-14-17, 02:43 PM
All American

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
Just be happy they are talking about the Cavs a little. During the playoffs, they spent most of the time talking about the Browns?? Indians never get much air time.
Old 07-20-17, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

Hmmmm, read a story about Derrick Rose possibly coming to the Cavs. That could be interesting, especially if they can keep him healthy and interested.
Old 07-20-17, 01:44 PM
All American

Yeah I saw that. He's also interested in the Lakers. Lakers can give more money but either way he's a back up. Be a back up and mentor to a bunch of youngins or be a back up and possibly win a ring?
Old 07-20-17, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Hmmmm, read a story about Derrick Rose possibly coming to the Cavs. That could be interesting, especially if they can keep him healthy and interested.
That's his problem though, he's never healthy. This isn't a move that will help gain ground on GS. It's another vet on the minimum, except he isn't older like Williams, Frye or Jefferson. Instead he's an injury-plagued backup that's missed over 250 games since he won MVP. Definitely interesting, but is that the move to make LBJ and Kyrie happy?
Old 07-20-17, 06:27 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Low risk/high reward. Playing style wise my only concern is he's a poor perimeter shooter.

As a guy off the bench he's a good add since he can still get to the basket and foul line while shooting good numbers (47% fg and 87% ft last year). If he can play 25+ minutes for 65 games like he did last year, he'd be a huge talent upgrade at backup PG.

All that matters would be if he's healthy deep into the playoffs. If so, this would be a guy that could actually score in brief spurts with the second unit when 2/3 of LeBron, Kyrie and Love are resting.
Old 07-20-17, 06:36 PM
All Yappi

Played in 64 games last year, 18 ppg, 4.4 apg, 3.8 rpg. That's better than I expected. If they get him, it is for vet minimum(while they are paying Calderon $2.3M).