Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-03-18, 01:55 PM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Looks like the visitor stands will be a long way from the sideline:
https://twitter.com/olentangysd/stat...tivity.Message
Old 01-03-18, 04:03 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
That blows. I guess the they consider it to be better to be equally miserable than to be unequal. Kind of like Communism.....
Old 01-03-18, 07:30 PM
All District

yipyap is on a distinguished road
I think all stadiums are the same.. original brave stadium might be different. I remember when groveport built their new place and the visitor stands were far away.
Old 01-03-18, 08:39 PM
All Ohio

doubtme is on a distinguished road
Still hearing the HC at Stow HS is going to be the HC. Anyone know if that is accurate?

Seems like all the Olentangy stadiums are very similar in their set up.
Old 01-05-18, 06:53 PM
Freshman

DCap113 is on a distinguished road
http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...s-five-coaches

According to This Week News the hire will be announced in the coming weeks... Curious why they'd announce golf, cross country etc. and not football if they have already made their hire.

If they had as long ago as some are saying kudos for those in the know to keeping this one under wraps.
Old 01-05-18, 07:39 PM
All Region

Rambo1980 is on a distinguished road
Anyone know who at least interviewed
Old 01-05-18, 08:44 PM
All Ohio

stoike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtme View Post
Still hearing the HC at Stow HS is going to be the HC. Anyone know if that is accurate?

Seems like all the Olentangy stadiums are very similar in their set up.
Not sure why Nori would leave Stow for Olentangy. Seems like a lateral move at best, and he has a really good thing going at Stow.
Old 01-05-18, 09:49 PM
All Ohio

doubtme is on a distinguished road
Would it be easier to make runs in the playoffs in the columbus regions?

less chance of losing kids to private schools, I mean there is some, but most kids stay at the public schools in Columbus?

again, I had heard he was their one of the top guys in the running. waiting to see if anyone can verify it.

heck it might not even be a football related reason for applying for the job. Who knows.

Last edited by doubtme; 01-05-18 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-06-18, 12:59 AM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
I was told today that it will be announced next week and that itís (likely) someone from up NE. The person I got this from didnít have a name for me...either didnít know or couldnít say. My guess is the latter.
Old 01-08-18, 01:53 PM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtme View Post
Would it be easier to make runs in the playoffs in the columbus regions?

less chance of losing kids to private schools, I mean there is some, but most kids stay at the public schools in Columbus?

again, I had heard he was their one of the top guys in the running. waiting to see if anyone can verify it.

heck it might not even be a football related reason for applying for the job. Who knows.
No St. Eds, Iggy and Mentor to deal with in the playoffs plus having to constantly fight to keep kids from Walsh, Hoban and St V.

As good of a job as Nori has done at Stow it's hard to imagine them being able to get out of Region 1.
Old 01-08-18, 02:04 PM
Varsity

Bubba Phipps is on a distinguished road
Nori is one one of the top 5 coaches in NE Ohio in my opinion.
Old 01-08-18, 02:18 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Word in Summit County today is that Olentangy Berlin is going to hire Mark Nori away from Stow. If so, then this is a great hire by Berlin. He's an excellent coach and a better man. They will be very happy with the quality of program he will build there.
Old 01-08-18, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Berlin has announced it's Nori-

https://twitter.com/BerlinBearsAD
Old 01-08-18, 04:09 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghrider98 View Post
No St. Eds, Iggy and Mentor to deal with in the playoffs plus having to constantly fight to keep kids from Walsh, Hoban and St V.

As good of a job as Nori has done at Stow it's hard to imagine them being able to get out of Region 1.
You guys do realize The OCC that Berlin is in send 2 Teams to the Semi Finals in D1
and the Team that beat Mentor and laid 56 on them for the Title is in their overall League.
That league and the Columbus Regions are no Joke anymore.
Old 01-08-18, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSoup View Post
You guys do realize The OCC that Berlin is in send 2 Teams to the Semi Finals in D1
and the Team that beat Mentor and laid 56 on them for the Title is in their overall League.
That league and the Columbus Regions are no Joke anymore.
I agree the competition there will be fierce but I don't think it's the same as dealing with a guaranteed 2nd round matchup with one of those three every year.

What is the private school situation like in that area? As good as Stow has been they are still losing many kids to privates every year.
Old 01-08-18, 04:34 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Talent pool at Stow was getting low. Timing was right for Nori. Good coach and will build a program there. Tough loss for Stow, they will struggle to be at the level they are use to and next coach will have big shoes to fill.
Old 01-08-18, 05:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I agree the competition there will be fierce but I don't think it's the same as dealing with a guaranteed 2nd round matchup with one of those three every year.

What is the private school situation like in that area? As good as Stow has been they are still losing many kids to privates every year.
Not really in the Olentangy area a kid here or there. Problem is the Area which is a Suburb of Columbus will now have 4 HS's which will again divide the Talent even more and there is already talk of a 5th in the future.
If it was still a 2 HS Suburb those 2 teams would rival in talent just about any school D1 School.
that's the issue down here as far as Statewide situations. There is more than enough talent in Columbus however the model in the OCC Suburban Schools
has been to build more High Schools and keep the buildings manageable.
3 HS in Dublin , 3 in Hillard , 3 in Westerville, 4 now in Olentangy, There is only 2 in Pickerington and you seen the talent they rolled out.
Mentor only beat Olentangy Liberty by 6 points and that District was fielding 3 HS last year.
Old 01-08-18, 07:59 PM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Great points TC...Pick Central this year rolled and Liberty wasn't far behind..If the Olentangy district had two H.S.'s yikes.

Watterson, Desales, and St.charles had down years this year in football none of them even made the playoffs.
Old 01-09-18, 12:52 AM
All Yappi

I’ve been hearing about the OOC’s lost potential titles over splitting schools since I’ve been posting here. I’ve heard it from Dublin posters, Hilliard posters, Westerville posters and now it’s Olentangy’s turn. When the city of Warren split into two high schools high schools in 1966, it took 8 years for the resulting two schools (Warren Western Reserve and Warren Harding) to win three AAA state titles and a AAA state runner up...so it’s possible to overcome splitting schools and still win a D1 football title or two. Much like Hilliard, Dublin, and Westerville, the Olentangy schools also benefit from owning one of the most important parts of the HS football success equation, which is the demographic advantage...high relative income, excellent academics, and dual-parent families. They are still competitive enrollment wise and the district has 2,200 new houses slated to be built in the next few years...so let’s not start looking for sympathy because your district is growing and adding more high schools.

The overwhelming majority of districts in Ohio would kill to have Olentangy’s “problem” of rapid growth and having to build more high schools. So, nobody’s coming to the pity party you seem to be having here.
Old 01-09-18, 01:19 AM
Junior Varsity

Ohiobuckeyfootball is on a distinguished road
Leaving for Berlin seems to be a good choice based on a growing wealthy district compared to Stow. I am sure the pay scale is significantly more that Stow. Probably most of NE Ohio. It's tough to leave things behind, but sometimes a change is good, and a pay raise isn't bad either
Old 01-09-18, 10:53 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobuckeyfootball View Post
Leaving for Berlin seems to be a good choice based on a growing wealthy district compared to Stow. I am sure the pay scale is significantly more that Stow. Probably most of NE Ohio. It's tough to leave things behind, but sometimes a change is good, and a pay raise isn't bad either
It's not a matter of pay scale so much as it is the job security to be had for whatever it is the coach is going to do outside of football coaching. If you want a good teaching/education job, and you want the most options, go to Olentangy Local Schools.
Old 01-09-18, 11:00 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The private school situation is a non-factor for a district such as Olentangy, on the basis of geography and public education opportunity. They're so far to the north of the private schools with football, and no one buys a house in the OLSD just to shell out more money for a comparable education at DeSales or Watterson.

The closest one to Berlin is Worthington Christian (which, LOL). That's a 25 minute drive, and that is before considering the fact that it's in the "way to work" direction. Delaware County's four-lane highway system (U.S. 23; Old State Road) is barely adequate to hold the current rush hour as is from that part of the county. As far as private schools that aren't dog crap at football, DeSales is even further south into Columbus.
Old 01-09-18, 03:38 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
It's not a matter of pay scale so much as it is the job security to be had for whatever it is the coach is going to do outside of football coaching. If you want a good teaching/education job, and you want the most options, go to Olentangy Local Schools.
Assuming these numbers are reasonably close, it doesn't look like there's a huge difference between the two districts in terms of average teacher salaries.

https://jobs.teacher.org/school-dist...hool-district/

https://jobs.teacher.org/school-dist...hool-district/
Old 01-09-18, 04:46 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
The private school situation is a non-factor for a district such as Olentangy, on the basis of geography and public education opportunity. They're so far to the north of the private schools with football, and no one buys a house in the OLSD just to shell out more money for a comparable education at DeSales or Watterson.

The closest one to Berlin is Worthington Christian (which, LOL). That's a 25 minute drive, and that is before considering the fact that it's in the "way to work" direction. Delaware County's four-lane highway system (U.S. 23; Old State Road) is barely adequate to hold the current rush hour as is from that part of the county. As far as private schools that aren't dog crap at football, DeSales is even further south into Columbus.

You'd have to think that the market would be out there for a Catholic HS in Delaware County. I'm sure the Delaware County population pre-2000 probably didn't include too many Catholics but I'd guess that much of the suburban sprawl includes a sizable Catholic population...
Old 01-09-18, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
You'd have to think that the market would be out there for a Catholic HS in Delaware County. I'm sure the Delaware County population pre-2000 probably didn't include too many Catholics but I'd guess that much of the suburban sprawl includes a sizable Catholic population...
I’ve been hearing rumors about the diocese building a private school in Delaware County for the last 15 or so years.

Plus, kids don’t have to be Catholic to attend it.
Old 01-09-18, 06:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Valley FB View Post
I’ve been hearing about the OOC’s lost potential titles over splitting schools since I’ve been posting here. I’ve heard it from Dublin posters, Hilliard posters, Westerville posters and now it’s Olentangy’s turn. When the city of Warren split into two high schools high schools in 1966, it took 8 years for the resulting two schools (Warren Western Reserve and Warren Harding) to win three AAA state titles and a AAA state runner up...so it’s possible to overcome splitting schools and still win a D1 football title or two. Much like Hilliard, Dublin, and Westerville, the Olentangy schools also benefit from owning one of the most important parts of the HS football success equation, which is the demographic advantage...high relative income, excellent academics, and dual-parent families. They are still competitive enrollment wise and the district has 2,200 new houses slated to be built in the next few years...so let’s not start looking for sympathy because your district is growing and adding more high schools.

The overwhelming majority of districts in Ohio would kill to have Olentangy’s “problem” of rapid growth and having to build more high schools. So, nobody’s coming to the pity party you seem to be having here.
I have no Dog in the fight as far as Olentangy School Districts goes Or the OCC, I'm just stating facts... Hilliard won Twice with 2 Schools in the District and Pick won this year with 2 schools in the District.

And i don't think anyone was coming to Warrens pity party back then either with the wealth of talent that was pouring through Warren at the time, The Browner Bros. and all the rest.... Unforgettable Teams
Old 01-09-18, 09:29 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobuckeyfootball View Post
Kinda funny; have always taken flack, people calling snow "snobby", rich, etc

Now I am hearing insinuations that Stow is a poor, lower class community!

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Old 01-09-18, 09:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Talent pool at Stow was getting low. Timing was right for Nori. Good coach and will build a program there. Tough loss for Stow, they will struggle to be at the level they are use to and next coach will have big shoes to fill.
That is just a stupid (or ignorant) statement. Aside from a weak sophomore class, the program is packed with talent down to the youth program. (thanks in part to Nori) The freshman class has the potential to be the best ever.
Old 01-09-18, 10:04 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoike View Post
That is just a stupid (or ignorant) statement. Aside from a weak sophomore class, the program is packed with talent down to the youth program. (thanks in part to Nori) The freshman class has the potential to be the best ever.
You can call it ignorant but the talent level overall is down from the past 4 years. Gone are the D1 QB and D1 lineman as well as several D2 players. Time will tell how much is left. Stow was down this year from previous year. Schedule was weak and exited first round of playoffs. To say otherwise is not being objective.
Old 01-10-18, 12:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSoup View Post
I have no Dog in the fight as far as Olentangy School Districts goes Or the OCC, I'm just stating facts... Hilliard won Twice with 2 Schools in the District and Pick won this year with 2 schools in the District.

And i don't think anyone was coming to Warrens pity party back then either with the wealth of talent that was pouring through Warren at the time, The Browner Bros. and all the rest.... Unforgettable Teams

You, sir, are very smart man. One thing though...the Warren teams back then never tried to hold a pity party when they had open an additional school. They just went out and got it done.