Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-27-17, 09:33 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Cincy openings

So what’s the word? What are people hearing?

Moeller
Middletown
Madeira
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-17, 08:55 AM
All Region

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
I think there's a trend....all the "M" schools need a coach. I heard McLaughlin will be leaving lasalle after one year and heading back to Moeller. Haven't heard anything on Madeira or Middletown.
Old 11-28-17, 11:16 AM
All District

What other Cincinnati openings are there?
Old 11-28-17, 11:40 AM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
I saw in another thread Belmont coach was in the lead for that job.
Old 11-28-17, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Moe approached Sycamore's Dattilo but he declined.
Old 11-28-17, 01:07 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Never any interest on Dattilo's part. This was a case of Moeller dreaming. There is only one job that Dattilo would leave Sycamore for.
Old 11-28-17, 01:32 PM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
how much longer do you all think specht will be coaching since all of his boys will be in college next year? could that job open up sooner rather than later, and would that create ripples in the cincinnati coaching ranks?
Old 11-28-17, 01:53 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
Never any interest on Dattilo's part. This was a case of Moeller dreaming. There is only one job that Dattilo would leave Sycamore for.
You make it sound like Sycamore is the coaching equivalent of being at Alabama? Seriously? If financially Moeller could pay him the money he is making at Sycamore, he would be at Moeller in a heart beat!
Old 11-28-17, 09:09 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
You make it sound like Sycamore is the coaching equivalent of being at Alabama? Seriously? If financially Moeller could pay him the money he is making at Sycamore, he would be at Moeller in a heart beat!
No.....he is a teacher who is invested in STRS. To leave that now would be financially unwise unless he has another means of support and retirement. While this whole sports thing has its place it doesn't trump lifetime income.
Old 11-29-17, 07:43 AM
All District

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
He won't leave Sycamore even if Elder comes calling because of his STRS. Interesting that Moeller approached him. Maybe McClaughlin wasn't Moeller's first choice....interesting.
Old 11-29-17, 07:54 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
No.....he is a teacher who is invested in STRS. To leave that now would be financially unwise unless he has another means of support and retirement. While this whole sports thing has its place it doesn't trump lifetime income.
Thats where I was headed with my comments...Moeller can't afford him
Old 11-29-17, 08:30 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Earl White from Belmont to Middletown could happen. I know he's fed up with DPS and their pathetic standards of GPA, Baker incident etc. The Thurgood basketball coach, Hoskins, and Pullen from Dunbar are down in Middletown already.
Old 11-29-17, 09:52 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
how much longer do you all think specht will be coaching since all of his boys will be in college next year? could that job open up sooner rather than later, and would that create ripples in the cincinnati coaching ranks?
I heard Specht on the radio w/Lance McAllister 5+ years ago and this was discussed. I remember him saying he wanted to stay on till his last son left X. I don't believe he commited to leaving then but that he would coach that long at a minimum.
Old 11-29-17, 11:52 AM
All Region

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
In what could be a huge surprise. I have heard from two people that tomorrow may be the last game for Andre Parker at WW. I was told that he may be looking for different challenges and I know that he has been approached by a few colleges before.
Old 11-29-17, 03:58 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You sure about that? That's not a name I've heard mentioned among those being considered and I have some knowledge of what's going on.
Old 11-29-17, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
You sure about that? That's not a name I've heard mentioned among those being considered and I have some knowledge of what's going on.
Yes.

Perhaps he is not "being considered" b/c he quickly declined the opportunity?
Old 11-29-17, 06:35 PM
Freshman

NatiFballFan is on a distinguished road
I posed the same question about potential movement in Cincy, but the thread got locked. Not sure why.

I’ve heard the same thing with Specht that he would leave X after his kids graduated, but we all know rumors spread like wildfire, so the only person that knows is Coach Specht himself. I am sure with the success that he has had and the college connections he has made, big D1 options will be on the table should he make the difficult decision to leave. If that does indeed happen who does X turn to to continue the success he has had?
Old 11-30-17, 11:23 AM
Freshman

TruthBeTold is on a distinguished road
Rumor on the westside is one GCL school found their guy. However another one will be needing to start their search, again, for the fourth time, in 6 years.
Old 11-30-17, 12:58 PM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatiFballFan View Post
I posed the same question about potential movement in Cincy, but the thread got locked. Not sure why.

I’ve heard the same thing with Specht that he would leave X after his kids graduated, but we all know rumors spread like wildfire, so the only person that knows is Coach Specht himself. I am sure with the success that he has had and the college connections he has made, big D1 options will be on the table should he make the difficult decision to leave. If that does indeed happen who does X turn to to continue the success he has had?
I can't imagine the quality of national candidates that would apply to X if Specht were to leave.
Old 11-30-17, 01:55 PM
Freshman

NatiFballFan is on a distinguished road
Would they take it national? Didn't they do this with the basketball program?

To be honest I am not sure why a lot of programs do this. If I were making the decision I would try and find someone that has a relation to the school either in house or is an alum. They know the school, they know the character of the kids that go to the school and they know the tradition and what it means. Look at the rumors with Moeller.

I would have to assume that for anyone in the profession of teaching or coaching, the opportunity to teach or coach at your alma mater would be a dream job. Well let me back pedal as long as you enjoyed your time spent at your alma mater.
Old 11-30-17, 02:32 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes.

Perhaps he is not "being considered" b/c he quickly declined the opportunity?
Well, his name was still not one I heard, even from the initial larger set, but if they did reach out, smart. Why not cast a wide net to great candidates. Sycamore is lucky to have him.
Old 11-30-17, 05:52 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
Well, his name was still not one I heard, even from the initial larger set, but if they did reach out, smart. Why not cast a wide net to great candidates. Sycamore is lucky to have him.
Regardless if moe did or not (who knows) as a Moe guy, moe alum etc. he would be a fool to take it. He has been in the state retirement system for years and it is literally 3x what Moeller offers (retirement contribution). Its not like he has a burning desire to coach at Moeller. He has been competing against us either directly or indirectly his whole time at SYC. I hate to say it but, honestly Moe either gets Pat or goes after a higher profile alum who takes the job for reasons other than money.

I'm afraid Moeller does not have big time private $ nor public backing financially.

I wonder if he was at the aviators helm when we ripped their hearts out, at their place 10 years ago (2007-Crables last win)
Old 12-01-17, 08:44 PM
All District

CinOhio10 is on a distinguished road
For those of you guessing that Pat McLaughlin would leave LaSalle to go to Moeller, please take a look at the below tweet from Mike Dyer.

Retweeted
Mike Dyer‏Verified account @MikeDyer
45m45 minutes ago

La Salle football coach Pat McLaughlin will continue to be the Lancers coach for 2018 and is not a candidate for any other head coaching vacancy. “Layne and I are very happy at La Salle and look forward to many good years there,” McLaughlin told @WCPO tonight. @LaSallePride
2 replies 10 retweets 20 likes
Old 12-03-17, 06:10 PM
All Ohio

St John Baptist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeTold View Post
Rumor on the westside is one GCL school found their guy. However another one will be needing to start their search, again, for the fourth time, in 6 years.
Nailed it
Old 12-04-17, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Moeller's press conference at 3:15 today. Clearly, they had a very short list when they gave Rody the axe as this didn't take long at all.

-CardinalsFan
Old 12-04-17, 12:35 PM
All American

peanut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinOhio10 View Post
For those of you guessing that Pat McLaughlin would leave LaSalle to go to Moeller, please take a look at the below tweet from Mike Dyer.

Retweeted
Mike Dyer‏Verified account @MikeDyer
45m45 minutes ago

La Salle football coach Pat McLaughlin will continue to be the Lancers coach for 2018 and is not a candidate for any other head coaching vacancy. “Layne and I are very happy at La Salle and look forward to many good years there,” McLaughlin told @WCPO tonight. @LaSallePride
2 replies 10 retweets 20 likes
Well, He did say the same thing to The Players and Coaches at Princeton and was gone the next dayMaybe its different this time.
Old 12-04-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeTold View Post
Good call.
Old 12-04-17, 01:49 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces dad View Post
In what could be a huge surprise. I have heard from two people that tomorrow may be the last game for Andre Parker at WW. I was told that he may be looking for different challenges and I know that he has been approached by a few colleges before.
Haven't heard this one. Although he would like to coach at a higher level. He is definetly a family man. He has a BIG family and wouldn't like moving them around.
Old 12-04-17, 02:41 PM
All District

Add Monroe to the list
Old 12-08-17, 06:09 AM
All Region

IronEagle82 is on a distinguished road
With Moeller and Middletown being filled, any updates on Monroe and Madeira?