Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-08-18, 06:51 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Agreed that many of the jobs may be close to minimum, but most "Help Wanted" I see in the area are part time sub $10/hr so I don't know if its fair to expect more?

I guess in a relatively depressed climate that something is better than nothing. Hopefully things will be completed in a timely manner and many will benefit.
Since I have been pretty hard on the project, in the interest of fairness to IRG/the HOF -- I guess not every job will be terrible. The administration side could be a real benefit to the area. For better or worse the other benefits are kind of trickle down in nature. Even so, definitely something is better than nothing, perfect is the enemy of good, etc. I agree. Northeast Ohio has tried to pretend it's still 1970 for far too long.

Looking through the website, I think it's cool that they got the NCAA DIII volleyball championships, and the Black College HOF too. Not the biggest draw in the world but whatever. My primary concern other than the developer's legal issues is putting all our eggs in the football basket when other sports are really rising in popularity (NBA mostly). It's too bad Malone isn't a bigger university since it's so close.
Old 01-08-18, 07:35 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
You Haters hate but all the TigerTown folks on here and the McK forum are good people with STRONG feelings on their teams...BAM!
Old 01-09-18, 01:26 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
You can get a Massillon football no matter where you are born. Its been that way for years now.
Thanks for proving my point. Again it was completely in jest, I thought it was obvious, and did not expect to get serious responses about babies getting Massillon footballs.
Old 01-09-18, 02:27 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
The way the rivalry has been trending it's very plausible that CANTON born boys will soon be getting Tiger footballs in their cribs.
Very good Sam, you actually understood that it was not a serious post and made a nice retort.
Old 01-09-18, 05:00 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Your conversation is getting a tad redundant...here is some new info for you to peruse.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201801...dium-sales-tax
Old 01-09-18, 05:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
Your conversation is getting a tad redundant...here is some new info for you to peruse.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201801...dium-sales-tax
Summary:

North Canton Mayor David Held says he lacks confidence in the developers' ability to pay for the HOF Village.

Held says his constituents are asking if the Hoover Project money was actually used to build Benson Stadium.

Vice President of Development for the Hall of Fame states that the full $800 million funding for the HOF Village has been identified, but won't release the information publicly. She is willing to share it with Held in private.

Stark County Commissioners are considering a countywide sales tax increase in order to assist with costs to build the HOF Village.
Old 01-09-18, 06:00 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Hmm. VERY interesting. There's a guy on here who stomps his feet and holds his breath demanding that we believe his account of the stability of this project, however the version we're getting from the writers of the local fishwrap have a 180 view on it.
Old 01-09-18, 06:31 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Summary:

North Canton Mayor David Held says he lacks confidence in the developers' ability to pay for the HOF Village.

Held says his constituents are asking if the Hoover Project money was actually used to build Benson Stadium.

Vice President of Development for the Hall of Fame states that the full $800 million funding for the HOF Village has been identified, but won't release the information publicly. She is willing to share it with Held in private.

Stark County Commissioners are considering a countywide sales tax increase in order to assist with costs to build the HOF Village.
The Hoover Project money was redirected to the Goodyear East End Project in Akron, Which at the current time is unfinished and out of money just like the Hoover Project.
Old 01-09-18, 07:57 PM
All American

Had no idea Goodyear was unfinished.

Are the taxpayers of Stark County being asked to bail out what amounts to a legal Ponzi scheme? What happened in Shreveport, described in the article below, is a story that should be heeded before we all start paying Mr. Lichter on every purchase we make around town.

Why This Job-Starved Town Thinks Car Startup Elio Motors Took It For A Ride:
https://jalopnik.com/why-this-job-st...tor-1797854222
Old 01-09-18, 08:48 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
The Hoover Project money was redirected to the Goodyear East End Project in Akron, Which at the current time is unfinished and out of money just like the Hoover Project.
I was under the impression that the East End Project was finished. Goodyear's Headquarters is done, The Hilton Hotel is finished, the Apts are being rented and the Performing Arts Hall is being used for Concerts...not good ones..lol...but being used. I think it is called the Goodyear Theater.
Old 01-09-18, 11:19 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
I was under the impression that the East End Project was finished. Goodyear's Headquarters is done, The Hilton Hotel is finished, the Apts are being rented and the Performing Arts Hall is being used for Concerts...not good ones..lol...but being used. I think it is called the Goodyear Theater.
SummaCare headquarters are not done. The rest is pretty much done.
Old 01-14-18, 06:00 PM
All American

Update on the Hoover Project:

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201801...hoover-complex

IRG will have 60 days to secure a loan to pay back part of the $36 million that was borrowed but never used on the Hoover project. Once the loan is secured, IRG will have an additional 90 days to close the loan and make the payment. If IRG fails to do so, the lawsuit will proceed, which would almost certainly mean the Hoover building being seized by IRG's creditors, as well as any other assets Maple Street Commerce might have (likely $0). The creditor that issued the original loan and brought the fraud lawsuit is CMB Regional Centers. They have expressed interest in finishing the Hoover Project themselves if IRG/Maple/Lichter can't, but it's far from clear that they'd be legally obligated to do so.

This sounds like a lose-lose proposition for North Canton. If IRG obtains another loan, they still have to pay the original creditor. They'll still be just as deep in the red, with little or no money to complete the project. If CMB seizes the Hoover complex, then it's totally up in the air what happens next. They say they want it in receivership so it can be finished, but how long it would take (or if it would happen at all) is not certain.
Old 01-16-18, 08:48 PM
All District

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Update on the Hoover Project:

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201801...hoover-complex

IRG will have 60 days to secure a loan to pay back part of the $36 million that was borrowed but never used on the Hoover project. Once the loan is secured, IRG will have an additional 90 days to close the loan and make the payment. If IRG fails to do so, the lawsuit will proceed, which would almost certainly mean the Hoover building being seized by IRG's creditors, as well as any other assets Maple Street Commerce might have (likely $0). The creditor that issued the original loan and brought the fraud lawsuit is CMB Regional Centers. They have expressed interest in finishing the Hoover Project themselves if IRG/Maple/Lichter can't, but it's far from clear that they'd be legally obligated to do so.

This sounds like a lose-lose proposition for North Canton. If IRG obtains another loan, they still have to pay the original creditor. They'll still be just as deep in the red, with little or no money to complete the project. If CMB seizes the Hoover complex, then it's totally up in the air what happens next. They say they want it in receivership so it can be finished, but how long it would take (or if it would happen at all) is not certain.
Enter also the owed money to the City of Akron for the GoodYear project. The Hall of Fame village project is in grave jeopardy of never being completed.

9.3 million is owed to the steel manufacturer before the steel for the East Endzone is released for Benson Stadium.

I'm with you on the North Canton deal if it is seized or not completed then the Hall of fame village project will be halted as well then if it resumes it may be up to 2 years before it is restarted.

My cousin is one of the contractors at the Hall of Fame village project his company is owed 2.7 million. I am very much in tune with this project.
Old 02-13-18, 02:06 AM
All District

TRBengal is on a distinguished road
I guess their potential for high debt is one reason the HOF President never answered my letter asking him to consider building a dome over the field. It would have been great to play all the championship games in a climate-controlled atmosphere, not to mention it would have been so much more enjoyable for family and fans.

There could even have been the potential to have a Game of the Week during the season, and multiple playoff games. Could have generated increased revenue.

Go Bennies!