Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-28-17, 08:03 AM
Junior Varsity

warriorfootballfan is on a distinguished road
Lebanon: Times are changing, but is it too late?

Lamb is officially done! How long for the program to rebound? Who comes here to fix this mess? Thoughts are it is going to take some time. No coach with experience will come here now. How many kids stopped playing? We know kids moved schools, hell the freshman class lost 2 of the best athletes to Moeller. How many are planning to leave of the current 8th grade class. Does the new coach clean house and bring in an entire staff. It seems logical but nothing has been logical here for years. I am sure a committee with youth coaches and parents of young players is being assembled to pick the replacement. Hopeful but not optimistic.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-17, 09:44 AM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfootballfan View Post
a committee with youth coaches and parents of young players is being assembled to pick the replacement. Hopeful but not optimistic.
If youth football coaches and parents pick the coach, it's a mistake! Keep them out of the room!
Old 10-28-17, 09:48 AM
Junior Varsity

Agreed, but that is how we roll!
Old 10-28-17, 09:55 AM
All Universe

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Is Lamb leaving?
Old 10-28-17, 09:58 AM
Junior Varsity

Last night was his last game.
Old 10-28-17, 10:23 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Did he announce that?
Old 10-28-17, 10:33 AM
Junior Varsity

Yes last week
Old 10-28-17, 11:11 AM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfootballfan View Post
Yes last week
Is there a press release some where?
Old 10-28-17, 11:17 AM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Rough year for Lebanon one year after making the playoffs. They haven’t been the same since Brausch left. I think a coaching change could help breath some life into the program.
Old 10-28-17, 01:37 PM
Varsity

Monroe17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
Rough year for Lebanon one year after making the playoffs. They havenít been the same since Brausch left. I think a coaching change could help breath some life into the program.
I'm not from Lebanon but I've never heard so much bickering about coaches in my life. I agree Lamb was never a good coach for Lebanon and it's about time he left. I think they need to look for a bright young coach with some experience leading or assisting a good program. As big a school as Lebanon is they should have a good football team but never do. Is it a lack of interest kids have to want to play or is it too much parental influence?
Old 10-28-17, 02:18 PM
All Region

lebanonwarriors4ever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe17 View Post
I'm not from Lebanon but I've never heard so much bickering about coaches in my life. I agree Lamb was never a good coach for Lebanon and it's about time he left. I think they need to look for a bright young coach with some experience leading or assisting a good program. As big a school as Lebanon is they should have a good football team but never do. Is it a lack of interest kids have to want to play or is it too much parental influence?
Many reasons, mainly the coaching staff. Lebanon should improve greatly if given the right hire. The whole program needs an enema . Need to get rid of the whole staff and start fresh. Also clear the sidelines of all the kiss butt parents and friends of Lambs.
Old 10-28-17, 02:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
Rough year for Lebanon one year after making the playoffs. They havenít been the same since Brausch left. I think a coaching change could help breath some life into the program.
They made the playoffs coming in last in the GWOC. They are last again this season. Last time Lamb beat Boro was 2011. Burg and Kings last lost to Lamb in 2013. Two years in a row at the bottom of the GWOC.
Old 10-28-17, 02:22 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Lebanon is in a tough spot as a small D1 school. If you recall there run of success in the late 90's early 2000s they were division 2. Once they outgrew d2 and left the old FAVC, things got more difficult. I recall one year (2003) they went 9-1 and missed the D1 playoffs. Being small D1 tough.
Old 10-28-17, 02:24 PM
All Region

I think Lebanon needs a veteran established coach. He will have his hands full changing the culture and clearing the sidelines .
Old 10-28-17, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB View Post
Is there a press release some where?
Not on Lamb's twitter or the AD's, there is mention of the Mason freshmen football coach coaching his last game.
Old 10-28-17, 02:25 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Lebanon is in a tough spot as a small D1 school. If you recall there run of success in the late 90's early 2000s they were division 2. Once they outgrew d2 and left the old FAVC, things got more difficult. I recall one year (2003) they went 9-1 and missed the D1 playoffs. Being small D1 tough.
They are not a small D1 school. They are bigger than Boro who has had success and bigger than Northmont. Kings is D2 and has beaten Lebanon the last 4 years as has Miamisburg who fluctuates between D2 and D1.
Old 10-28-17, 02:31 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
It’s not like Lebanon has a lot of talent coming in and out of there. When they won state in division 2 and had success in the early 2000’s they had some studs from what I remember. I agree they should have no problem competing with Springboro, Burg, and Kings though.
Old 10-28-17, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanonwarriors4ever View Post
They are not a small D1 school. They are bigger than Boro who has had success and bigger than Northmont. Kings is D2 and has beaten Lebanon the last 4 years as has Miamisburg who fluctuates between D2 and D1.
They are bigger than Northmont, but Springboro 731, Lebanon 698 : 9-11 before any competitive balance adjustments
Old 10-28-17, 02:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
It’s not like Lebanon has a lot of talent coming in and out of there. When they won state in division 2 and had success in the early 2000’s they had some studs from what I remember. I agree they should have no problem competing with Springboro, Burg, and Kings though.
Lebanon has talent, the talent isn't developed or used properly. Lebanon has had many great players who Lamb refused to use more than on one side of the ball. He had Austin Wolf , Brad Ellis, Luke Morgan, Elias Sayer, Jango Glackin, Chase Cochoran, Bennett, and many other players that excelled once leaving Lebanon. Jango Glackin started every game for IMG Academy and leg the team in tackles until missing the last few games due to injury and was starting in the B1G as a redshirt Freshman till his injury. Brad Ellis walked on to OU and will most likely have a chance to play on Sundays.
Old 10-28-17, 02:38 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
They are bigger than Northmont, but Springboro 731, Lebanon 698 : 9-11 before any competitive balance adjustments
If Boro is bigger, that is very recent. The majority of times they have played, Boro was smaller.
Old 10-28-17, 05:00 PM
All Region

Quote:
Itís not like Lebanon has a lot of talent coming in and out of there. When they won state in division 2 and had success in the early 2000ís they had some studs from what I remember. I agree they should have no problem competing with Springboro, Burg, and Kings though.
Lamb 3-9 against Boro with last win in 2011. Lamb hasnt beaten Burg or Kings since 2013.
Old 10-28-17, 07:51 PM
All District

gwoctalk
Quote:
Lebanon has talent, the talent isn't developed or used properly. Lebanon has had many great players who Lamb refused to use more than on one side of the ball. He had Austin Wolf , Brad Ellis, Luke Morgan, Elias Sayer, Jango Glackin, Chase Cochoran, Bennett, and many other players that excelled once leaving Lebanon. Jango Glackin started every game for IMG Academy and leg the team in tackles until missing the last few games due to injury and was starting in the B1G as a redshirt Freshman till his injury. Brad Ellis walked on to OU and will most likely have a chance to play on Sundays.
I don't know if Lamb was good or not, but if you are bragging about a kid walking onto a MAC school that might allude to some of the problems in LEbanon. In the past 15 years have you had a graduating senior earn a BCS caliber scholarship? I can't think of one senior go on and play at a high collegiate level, please correct me if I'm wrong. You've had a few MAC level players which I'm not insinuating isn't impressive for those select few but it is going to be difficult to compete at a high level as a D1 school in southwest Ohio. Maybe it is a mixture of coaching and the talent. You haven't had any OSU Rbs or HArvard athletes or that one stud who played in the NFL (hicks???) for about 18 years when they were great in Div 2.
Old 10-28-17, 08:09 PM
Varsity

Monroe17 is on a distinguished road
They have no defense that can shut people down.
Old 10-28-17, 09:08 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Brad Ellis walked on to OU and will most likely have a chance to play on Sundays.
Brad Ellis has been a great player this year in green and white! Has had some awesome pick sixes!
Old 10-29-17, 01:35 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwoctalk View Post
I don't know if Lamb was good or not, but if you are bragging about a kid walking onto a MAC school that might allude to some of the problems in LEbanon. In the past 15 years have you had a graduating senior earn a BCS caliber scholarship? I can't think of one senior go on and play at a high collegiate level, please correct me if I'm wrong. You've had a few MAC level players which I'm not insinuating isn't impressive for those select few but it is going to be difficult to compete at a high level as a D1 school in southwest Ohio. Maybe it is a mixture of coaching and the talent. You haven't had any OSU Rbs or HArvard athletes or that one stud who played in the NFL (hicks???) for about 18 years when they were great in Div 2.
If a coach doesnt develop his players or help them get recruited you arent going to have many players get recruited. Brad Ellis should have had a scholarship coming out of High School. Austin Wolf should of had power five offers. Jango Glackin had 9 offers as a sophomore and ended with over twenty offers. He started every game for the most talented team in the Nation and was starting as a redshirt freshman till injured. I think Northwestern is a BCS school along with the 15 others that offered him.
Old 10-29-17, 06:33 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Lamb has definitely been an underperformer, but from the outside it looks to me like some in the community need to get more realistic expectations for the program. Their basketball program was a revolving door of coaches for several years, but they appear to be poised to make a big jump this year and next year, Higgins'4th and 5th seasons at Lebanon. Football will probably take at least as long to fix. Higgins is a really good coach but probably didn't appear that way on paper when Lebanon hired him. I'd expect another hidden gem type hire here.

There aren't any good reasons as to why Lebanon can't build a football program similar to Springboro and Miamisburg, but like both of them, they'll always struggle to win in the post-season in DI if they don't have explosive growth and close the enrollment gap with the Centervilles, Masons and Lakotas. Heck, as long as the GWOC has those schools playing three games a year against the National East teams (Centerville, Wayne, etc.) this division of the GWOC will struggle to get anyone into the playoffs consistently unless they run the table in their division and in their non-conference. Outside of Northmont (when they're in an up cycle), none of these schools have the athletes and depth to consistently compete with the better teams from that division.

Last edited by nwwarrior09; 10-29-17 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-29-17, 07:21 AM
All District

gwoctalk
Quote:
If a coach doesnt develop his players or help them get recruited you arent going to have many players get recruited. Brad Ellis should have had a scholarship coming out of High School. Austin Wolf should of had power five offers. Jango Glackin had 9 offers as a sophomore and ended with over twenty offers. He started every game for the most talented team in the Nation and was starting as a redshirt freshman till injured. I think Northwestern is a BCS school along with the 15 others that offered him.
So in 18 years since your state title you can bring up 2 guys who you believe are power 5 type players who got snubbed and 1 power 5 player who didn't even play his senior year at the school. That kind of proves my point. Not a ton of talent walking the halls at LHS over the past 18 years. You make it seem that with a different coach LHS would have been a hotbed of power 5 recruiting. It seems like every community brags about all their talent when their team struggles and rather places all the blame on the coaches. Seems like the average record over Lambs tenure could be the result of average coaching and average talent. College football is a Multi-billion dollar business where peoples livelihood are at stake. Do some players slip under the radar? For sure, but they get it right, more times that not. Because if they don't get it right, they won't have a job in that high stakes profession. it will be interesting now that Lamb is out, if the talent starts to come back out and be developed and LHS will become a place on college recruiters map since according to you they are there waiting to explode onto the recruiting scene. It would be nice, a good Lebanon makes the GWOC better.

On a side note, Austin wolfe is putting up decent stats for the zips (5 tds, 36 catches in 12 games as a junior last year) but based off those decent numbers, 3 catches a game, what makes you think he should be playing on a power 5 team? I don't know anything about Akron. Are they a running team? Is Akron doing a poor job of developing Austin's talents? Seems like he would be putting up heftier numbers like a Lance Moore or Kareem Hunt if he was truly playing against subpar to his standards talent. What is the coaching staff doing wrong with him?
Old 10-29-17, 07:25 AM
All District

gwoctalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Lamb has definitely been an underperformer, but from the outside it looks to me like some in the community need to get more realistic expectations for the program. Their basketball program was a revolving door of coaches for several years, but they appear to be poised to make a big jump this year and next year, Higgins'4th and 5th seasons at Lebanon. Football will probably take at least as long to fix. Higgins is a really good coach but probably didn't appear that way on paper when Lebanon hired him. I'd expect another hidden gem type hire here.

There aren't any good reasons as to why Lebanon can't build a football program similar to Springboro and Miamisburg, but like both of them, they'll always struggle to win in the post-season in DI if they don't have explosive growth and close the enrollment gap with the Centervilles, Masons and Lakotas. Heck, as long as the GWOC has those schools playing three games a year against the National East teams (Centerville, Wayne, etc.) this division of the GWOC will struggle to get anyone into the playoffs consistently unless they run the table in their division and in their non-conference. Outside of Northmont (when they're in an up cycle), none of these schools have the athletes and depth to consistently compete with the better teams from that division.
Very well said
Old 10-29-17, 11:02 AM
All Region

Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
Higgins a great hire? 31-39 in three seasons with the rumorville swirling of guys wanting to quit because they can’t stand they way Higgins treats them. I do agree let’s see how this season plays out in year 4 before we start anything!
Old 10-29-17, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballin50 View Post
Higgins a great hire? 31-39 in three seasons with the rumorville swirling of guys wanting to quit because they can’t stand they way Higgins treats them. I do agree let’s see how this season plays out in year 4 before we start anything!
As an outsider I think they'll be a lot better this year. The sophomore and junior classes are really strong, and last year eight of those guys were on the varsity roster as freshmen and sophomores, with a few having significant playing time. Their junior high program has been pretty strong in recent years, and it'll start showing at the varsity level this year IMO.

I can't comment as to player treatment, but the SWO coaching community seems to think fairly well of him. Colerain seems to be terrible more often than not, and he managed to win a couple district titles there. Lebanon seems to have good talent starting to hit the varsity pipeline, and they were poor to middling with a lot of coaching turnover for several years prior to Higgins'4th arrival.