Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-18, 12:13 PM
Junior Varsity

armchairqb99 is on a distinguished road
Didn't the AD job at WG become available as well recently?
Old 01-12-18, 12:16 PM
Junior Varsity

armchairqb99 is on a distinguished road
nevermind.....looks like that part was covered above.
Old 01-12-18, 12:20 PM
All District

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Absolute mess over there. AD and Principal let the head coach go, levy fails, AD resigns, meanwhile enrollment is dropping by the day. From what I hear, administration is not on good terms with voters and the community. It's sad that such a great school community is falling apart because of terrible leadership. Hate to say it, but you can't blame the old HC for all of the problems that WG has......
Old 01-13-18, 03:05 PM
Varsity

buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
Absolute mess over there. AD and Principal let the head coach go, levy fails, AD resigns, meanwhile enrollment is dropping by the day. From what I hear, administration is not on good terms with voters and the community. It's sad that such a great school community is falling apart because of terrible leadership. Hate to say it, but you can't blame the old HC for all of the problems that WG has......
from things I heard, that Craemer was more of a fall guy for what is going on and what has been going on. Its why the one coach left for a different position and why the new one was fired so quickly. Tried to make him the face of the issues when it was the other crap going on.
Old 01-13-18, 04:09 PM
All Region

Bobby Bushay is on a distinguished road
So is there an AD in place over there or no?
Old 01-13-18, 04:29 PM
Moderated User

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post
from things I heard, that Craemer was more of a fall guy for what is going on and what has been going on. Its why the one coach left for a different position and why the new one was fired so quickly. Tried to make him the face of the issues when it was the other crap going on.
The now Strongsville coach/WG former staff fostered a culture which allowed those kids to act like idiots. Parents say he played favorites and his fellow area coaches told me his staff was more like a "frat party". He was a good coach record-wise though. He was great compared to coaches in other WG sports that are brought back year after year of losing.

Craemer had to take those assistants since he was hired so late. He was warned about those kids by a few people, but never took action. He "hung out" with the wrong staff and teachers and never figured it out. Parents told me "throw in his poor work ethic, practices ending early, and his disinterest in all the WG kids playing their youth football elsewhere" and you can see he just wasn't the guy.

Not sure about all the stuff with the levies and how it interacts with the old coach, that can't be on him. He had a decent year at Strongsville.

It seems like the school is going down the same road as last year though...3 months in and no coach...or AD. One mom told me the superintendent is semi-retired and needs help.
Old 01-13-18, 08:30 PM
All District

bmss17 is on a distinguished road
I feel this is even more interesting with the AD stepping down soon. It sounds like they’ve started the process already, but do you wait to hire an AD then hire a coach? I understand concerns with timing, but it would seem backward to hire to hire coach first...similar to hiring a coach first then a GM in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-18, 07:22 AM
All District

Let's just say this. If West G is such a dream to teach and coach at, why would a guy who grew up going to West G and has only ever been there for the better part of 3 decades bolt at the first opportunity for a better job?

Cirino knew the kids coming up were trouble. I heard he chewed out the kids before he left as well from a few people in the situation.

I am not sure how you can hire a head football coach on May 1st and expect him to change a culture in 3 months. It doesn't happen. Administration and the previous head coach must not have set a culture if those kids were really acting like buffoons like the previous posts had mentioned. I know Craemer and he is a good guy but it can't be all on him. He inherited a staff and a program that is/was on the downswing. I remember reading about him being hired on May 1st thinking, wow, he only has 3 months. If you know anything about football, you know that 3 months is nothing to install a new system and create your own culture. I'm surprised they won 3 games and were close to winning 3-4 more against playoff teams.......
Old 01-16-18, 07:24 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmss17 View Post
I feel this is even more interesting with the AD stepping down soon. It sounds like they’ve started the process already, but do you wait to hire an AD then hire a coach? I understand concerns with timing, but it would seem backward to hire to hire coach first...similar to hiring a coach first then a GM in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the same situation as the Browns. But clearly the old AD brought in "his guy" (as he stated when they hired him) and it didn't work out. But that's what happens when you hire a 25 year old AD with no experience only because he is a "West G guy." It's amazing
Old 01-17-18, 03:23 PM
Freshman

chestrockwell is on a distinguished road
craemer was a joke and he never would of changed the culture even if he had 10 months or 10 yrs. no one in that district is capable of identifying a winner. keep your bar set very low
Old 01-18-18, 07:25 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestrockwell View Post
craemer was a joke and he never would of changed the culture even if he had 10 months or 10 yrs. no one in that district is capable of identifying a winner. keep your bar set very low
It starts at the top and clearly the district has issues from the superintendent to the principal to the AD (whoever they decide to hire) to the coaches. Can't put it all on Craemer, that's not fair. It's not his fault they decided to hire him in May to coach a football season in August. Doesn't work, ask any coach. Clearly they had issues before they even thought about hiring him.
Old 01-18-18, 12:47 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
It starts at the top and clearly the district has issues from the superintendent to the principal to the AD (whoever they decide to hire) to the coaches. Can't put it all on Craemer, that's not fair. It's not his fault they decided to hire him in May to coach a football season in August. Doesn't work, ask any coach. Clearly they had issues before they even thought about hiring him.

Craemer was flat out told about troublemakers and failed to act. Like I mentioned above, he listened to staff/teacher that played favorites and are responsible for kids fleeing the district. I personally know parents who warned him. He was not motivated. 7-8 programs in 10 years says a lot. Cutting practices short and no interest in youth programs is entirely on him. Coaches have taken over in the spring and done wonders. Issues were there, 100% correct. I hope the new coach and his son can help that program. It's more interesting when they are good.
Old 01-18-18, 01:08 PM
Freshman

Brownstrawberry is on a distinguished road
I hope the new coach and his son can help that program. It's more interesting when they are good.[/QUOTE]

Who are your sources saying is the next coach ?
Old 01-18-18, 01:42 PM
Freshman

NCFIO1 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone seriously believe that Craemer was "the guy" with how long the search took? The real "guy" was one that was thrown at the AD from Rosati - an alumni coaching in Kentucky who just had won coach of the year in his classification/division. They knee jerked him around about possibly not having room for a job for his wife who is special ed certified, every district in America has these openings each year practically mind you. An up and coming coach that isn't even 30 years old, has a record of 23-3 in the last 2 seasons, and led the whole state of Kentucky in ppg the last 2 seasons with over 40. This guy did his homework, talks to former coaches in the NEO area, called current assistants, talked with Cirino & Rosati I am sure, and even feeder program coaches in place. But because WG couldn't solidify what the jobs would be for him and his wife, that ship sailed. Fewer and fewer districts and administrators today actually get what it takes to make a splash and get things done.
Old 01-18-18, 03:02 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFIO1 View Post
Does anyone seriously believe that Craemer was "the guy" with how long the search took? The real "guy" was one that was thrown at the AD from Rosati - an alumni coaching in Kentucky who just had won coach of the year in his classification/division. They knee jerked him around about possibly not having room for a job for his wife who is special ed certified, every district in America has these openings each year practically mind you. An up and coming coach that isn't even 30 years old, has a record of 23-3 in the last 2 seasons, and led the whole state of Kentucky in ppg the last 2 seasons with over 40. This guy did his homework, talks to former coaches in the NEO area, called current assistants, talked with Cirino & Rosati I am sure, and even feeder program coaches in place. But because WG couldn't solidify what the jobs would be for him and his wife, that ship sailed. Fewer and fewer districts and administrators today actually get what it takes to make a splash and get things done.
Another WG grad? Not what they needed. They have enough of those doing nothing. And I question the level of competition from what amounts to a D-7 school in OH. Watch their film. I would stop talking to Rosati...he's the Perry coach and is laughing every time WG asks him for input. The guy you speak of went to school with the AD. Please, no more 20 somethings. I heard a real coach is coming and that right soon.
Old 01-18-18, 03:45 PM
Freshman

chestrockwell is on a distinguished road
ashley is not a winner for wg
they need new and better
quit with the losers
Old 01-19-18, 10:26 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFIO1 View Post
This just shows you that there are bigger problems at West G than just hiring a football coach. The district has been great academically but they've had trouble with bringing academics and athletics together. Very few coaches there actually teach in the district which doesn't help. Sounds like the district needs a complete overhaul from the top down. Parents will (and have been) take there kids elsewhere. Mayfield, Chardon, NDCL and Chagrin would all love to have West G kids
Old 01-19-18, 11:38 AM
Moderated User

Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Yes the sports programs have been slowly turning into a septic system! Decaying from within luckily for me I will be moving to another district do to a career change! I hope they can make changes from the top down , hopefully that could change the acceptance of a losing culture! West Geauga has turned into “SNOWFLAKE UNIVERSITY “ everyone desearves a trophy, “DADDY BALL U” ! also all the coaches inbread in community, play there cousins or neighbors. Hopefully my move to Solon or twinsburg will turn out better for my other kids. I will be watching from a far. Hopefully they figure this nonsense out.
Old 01-23-18, 09:01 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstrawberry View Post
I hope the new coach and his son can help that program. It's more interesting when they are good.
Who are your sources saying is the next coach ?[/QUOTE]

Former Nordonia coach. Brian 1227 can give you the details.
Old 01-25-18, 12:03 PM
Freshman

Former Nordonia coach ? lol, which one seems like a lot of former Nordonia guys out there. Jason Hall was mentioned earlier.
Old 01-25-18, 02:37 PM
Moderated User

Think previous head coach, very successful!
Just a hint
Old 01-26-18, 03:10 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
If it's Boedicker, you hit the jackpot. He will bring a toughness to that program that would mesh very well with their kids. If it's him, get ready to run a ton of off tackle.
Old 01-26-18, 03:39 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
If it's Boedicker, you hit the jackpot. He will bring a toughness to that program that would mesh very well with their kids. If it's him, get ready to run a ton of off tackle.

We have a winner...hopefully brings his kid as OC. WG then needs to fill out staff with new coaches. Parents want nothing to do with the old regime. Kids leaving or staying will depend on that factor.
Old 01-26-18, 07:20 PM
Moderated User

Good call Dee Lou Chanel, he could be greatest coach ever, but if he allows the last regime to help coach! No thank you! I won’t even waste a Friday night to watch that team. I have no kids left in program but enjoy Friday night lights! But if he chooses that bum staff! I can go watch other programs better games.
Old 01-26-18, 08:20 PM
All Ohio

Boedicker will not be dictated to by the parents. He would hire who ever he wanted to and would not ask for parent approval. If West G parents think they will have any kind of influence in his program they better think again. If parents don't like it, so be it, take your kid wherever you want and whoever stays and plays will be as tough as nails. The man is a heck of a coach and knows what he is doing. Stay out of his way or be prepared to get run over.
Old 01-27-18, 06:46 AM
Moderated User

As it should be! But the current staff let those kids down, and parents have long memories, Just replacing a head coach and keeping that Lazy, unmotivated staff would be a disgrace to the community. I am done with the program but others that have kids. I understand why they left and just putting lipstick on a pig is still a pig! Boedicker is a man I was told that and a great coach but after the total embarrassment of this past year. Keeping anyone from that past staff is a deal breaker for me! I will go watch other community games. Personal fouls, penalties, short practices, fighting,stealing,no weight lifting, kids cheap shots, no blocking if play was not to the kid, film study was a joke, no motivation from coaches, it looked like every coach was in it for a check. I really hope Boedicker turns it around but he needs to change the culture. And you don’t do that by keeping the current culture! I wish Boedicker the best!
Old 01-28-18, 06:31 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Boedicker will not be dictated to by the parents. He would hire who ever he wanted to and would not ask for parent approval. If West G parents think they will have any kind of influence in his program they better think again. If parents don't like it, so be it, take your kid wherever you want and whoever stays and plays will be as tough as nails. The man is a heck of a coach and knows what he is doing. Stay out of his way or be prepared to get run over.

If he's also going to be AD the only "running over" will be the kids running to other schools if he does not listen to those parents. Not just football players I'm told from parents at a raffle last night. The talent leaving that school is not just the CYO kids playing football. It's really more girls and boys from other sports.
Old 01-28-18, 08:41 PM
All Ohio

Parents don't get to dictate staffing decisions. The problem is the parents thinking they get to run the school, they don't. All you have to do is look at the situation in Solon to see what destruction overbearing parents can bring. Sorry if this seens harsh but, as a parent your job is to drop off and pick up your little Johnny. It is to come to games and cheer for your little Johnny and his team. It is to be a positive supporter of him win lose or draw. You do not get to decide playing time or coaching matters.
Old 01-28-18, 11:16 PM
Freshman

This brings up a good question. Does old school tough guy work in 2018? Declining enrollment almost everywhere, more sports being offered, and unrealistic expectations from parents. IMO, it can in certain communities (ie.Rotsky at euclid) large enrollment, low coach to athlete ratio 8 hrs a day (coaches in the building is key). This has nothing to do with Boedicker, he is an accomplished coach and the West G community should be happy to get him.
Old 01-29-18, 01:37 AM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstrawberry View Post
This brings up a good question. Does old school tough guy work in 2018? Declining enrollment almost everywhere, more sports being offered, and unrealistic expectations from parents. IMO, it can in certain communities (ie.Rotsky at euclid) large enrollment, low coach to athlete ratio 8 hrs a day (coaches in the building is key). This has nothing to do with Boedicker, he is an accomplished coach and the West G community should be happy to get him.
Massillon Perry
Closed Thread