Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-12-18, 01:51 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
Will John bring in his Dad? His father Jerry is a long time coach at CJ and is very well respected. He may want to spend a few years with his son.
Old 01-13-18, 12:33 AM
Varsity

ButlerParent is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
No question the bar is high and the tone has been set. The pedestal is definitely Troy's until someone can rise up and knock them off of it. I have heard nothing but good about Puckett and I think he's going to be what this program needs. First "outside" guy to come in and take over in well over 50 years. Looking forward to seeing him change the culture.
You keep saying that stupid stuff about culture. Only culture change that needed to be made was getting rid of Hyatt. You keep ignoring they won the league before he arrived. Attitudes like yours is the problem around this town.
Old 01-13-18, 09:14 AM
Varsity

BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerParent View Post
You keep saying that stupid stuff about culture. Only culture change that needed to be made was getting rid of Hyatt. You keep ignoring they won the league before he arrived. Attitudes like yours is the problem around this town.

The culture does need to be changed. They celebrated making the playoffs 4 years ago like they made state. Just making the playoffs every 12 years should not be celebrated or excepted. Making the playoffs and going deep in the playoffs is what should be excepted. Winning the league should be a given not a hope. Thatís the kind of culture you want. Anything less and you are just settling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-18, 09:43 AM
All District

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Record since 2005 is 57-75 and they don't need a culture change because they won the league once? It's going to be at least a 3 year rebuild for the program can get to the point where it can contend for a league title unless there are a lot of players walking the hallways that are not playing right now.
Old 01-13-18, 11:41 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the two posts below yours pretty much sums up my thoughts. Hyatt obviously wasnít the answer I donít disagree with that. But going 6-4, eeking into the playoffs and gettin throttled isnít exactly the culture we want either. Is it better than 4-6....sure it is, but letís aim for much more. With the right competitive schedule and commitment from the players there is no reason that expectations and reality cannot fall somewhere between 7-3 and 10-0 each year. Great facilities, great support from the AD and administration there is so much potential here. Puckett canít change it overnight but just getting him here shows me a commitment to winning that I havenít seen around the program for a very, very long time.
Old 01-14-18, 10:42 AM
All Ohio

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
As I said weeks ago Puckett takes over at Vandalia. I wish him nothing but the best and support him 100%. I’m sure many head coaches would tell you that parents can be the biggest hurdle. There are great ones who are supportive and let coaches share their expertise. And then there are bad apples who are entitled and raise entitled kids. They try to undo what coaches teach and undermine the coach and the coaches policies and philosophies. My hope is that Coach Puckett finds more of the supportive and less of those who mean harm to the program. Hopefully he will bring in some new blood to coach the offense and defense. Play calling was bad and that was not on Coach Hyatt he did not call offense or defense.
Old 01-14-18, 11:38 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
As I said weeks ago Puckett takes over at Vandalia. I wish him nothing but the best and support him 100%. Iím sure many head coaches would tell you that parents can be the biggest hurdle. There are great ones who are supportive and let coaches share their expertise. And then there are bad apples who are entitled and raise entitled kids. They try to undo what coaches teach and undermine the coach and the coaches policies and philosophies. My hope is that Coach Puckett finds more of the supportive and less of those who mean harm to the program. Hopefully he will bring in some new blood to coach the offense and defense. Play calling was bad and that was not on Coach Hyatt he did not call offense or defense.
He was the Head Coach!! He is responsible for the Offense and Defense. He was an Offensive Coordinator. He could have taken over the Offensive play calling anytime he wanted. He can tell the Defensive Coordinator to Blitz, Press Corners, change coverage. What a BS excuse!!
Old 01-15-18, 02:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I think the two posts below yours pretty much sums up my thoughts. Hyatt obviously wasnít the answer I donít disagree with that. But going 6-4, eeking into the playoffs and gettin throttled isnít exactly the culture we want either. Is it better than 4-6....sure it is, but letís aim for much more. With the right competitive schedule and commitment from the players there is no reason that expectations and reality cannot fall somewhere between 7-3 and 10-0 each year. Great facilities, great support from the AD and administration there is so much potential here. Puckett canít change it overnight but just getting him here shows me a commitment to winning that I havenít seen around the program for a very, very long time.
They had to play Wayne and Springfield back then. Hyatt kept saying schedule was toughest in state. What a joke. Yes I want to win the league and state. They were headed in that direction till Hyatt ruined it. Butler didn't have freshman team this season. That was a first. Puckett will have a hard time getting kids back out that Hyatt ran off.
Old 01-15-18, 02:39 PM
Varsity

Quote:
As I said weeks ago Puckett takes over at Vandalia. I wish him nothing but the best and support him 100%. Iím sure many head coaches would tell you that parents can be the biggest hurdle. There are great ones who are supportive and let coaches share their expertise. And then there are bad apples who are entitled and raise entitled kids. They try to undo what coaches teach and undermine the coach and the coaches policies and philosophies. My hope is that Coach Puckett finds more of the supportive and less of those who mean harm to the program. Hopefully he will bring in some new blood to coach the offense and defense. Play calling was bad and that was not on Coach Hyatt he did not call offense or defense.
Some coaches play favorites. One kid gets in trouble for being late others nothing happens to them and they start and get all league. That is how Hyatt coached. Every single assistant coach was not coming back if he stayed. There was no freshman team. One more year and Hyatt buried the program.
Old 01-15-18, 02:56 PM
Varsity

BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Find it interesting the coaches you call out are the ones that Coach Hyatt thought was undermining him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-18, 03:39 PM
All Ohio

Anyone know if the 2018 schedule is available or even locked in at this point? Hoping to see that Perry is no longer on there and would LOVE to see Northmont get the BOOT as well.
Old 01-15-18, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Since they just started the Dam Trophy with Northmont, I'd be surprised if they were off the schedule soon. You don't make a trophy game with someone you're dropping.
Old 01-15-18, 05:32 PM
All District

Quote:
Anyone know if the 2018 schedule is available or even locked in at this point? Hoping to see that Perry is no longer on there and would LOVE to see Northmont get the BOOT as well.
Cincinnati Harrison replaces Perry and Xenia replaces Stebbins. Everything else is the same.
Old 01-15-18, 07:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Since they just started the Dam Trophy with Northmont, I'd be surprised if they were off the schedule soon. You don't make a trophy game with someone you're dropping.
Unfortunately it's going to be a DAM loss every year. It's hard enough to make the playoffs and possibly host a game, nothing like starting out in the hole every season. Just makes no sense...we have a rival in Tipp and they happen to also be DIII. SMH
Old 01-15-18, 07:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Will John bring in his Dad? His father Jerry is a long time coach at CJ and is very well respected. He may want to spend a few years with his son.
Not sure. Is Jerry an offensive or defensive coach? Will be interesting to see who stays on from the last staff.
Old 01-17-18, 06:21 AM
All District

Quote:
Not sure. Is Jerry an offensive or defensive coach? Will be interesting to see who stays on from the last staff.
He's been coaching running backs for a long time at CJ so I would think he would be on the offensive side of the ball at Butler. It would not surprise me if Jerry Puckett calls the plays.

Last edited by VBHSFB04; 01-17-18 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 01-18-18, 02:06 PM
All Ohio

Thought I'd share these recent articles on Pucket here:

Drummer: http://bit.ly/2EOmkFH

DDN: http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...kwhceVjNr328J/
Old 01-18-18, 02:07 PM
All Ohio

I loved this:

Puckett believes success can be had here despite just two playoff appearances and winning seven games in a season just once since 2005.

“It’s not a lack of talent,” said Puckett. “Butler is a Division III school with Division I type bodies. We will practice at a blistering pace which builds intensity. What we will do offensively and defensively will be really easy for the kids but very difficult for opponents to defend.”
Old 01-20-18, 08:37 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
http://www.butleraviatorsfootball.com/schedule

Perry is gone, Northmont remains.
Old 01-23-18, 11:05 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerAviator83 View Post
http://www.butleraviatorsfootball.com/schedule

Perry is gone, Northmont remains.
Thanks. Side note....looking at the site they show Decker and Betts as the only Butler players to play in the NFL. I was thinking there was a Butler player in the early 90's that also went to the NFL. Scott Imwalle?
Old 01-23-18, 04:10 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks. Side note....looking at the site they show Decker and Betts as the only Butler players to play in the NFL. I was thinking there was a Butler player in the early 90's that also went to the NFL. Scott Imwalle?
I know Imwalle played at Kansas, but I don't believe he went to the NFL.
Old 01-29-18, 08:10 PM
All Ohio

Any word on how the staff is coming together? Any hold overs? Any new comers?
Old 01-30-18, 10:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Any word on how the staff is coming together? Any hold overs? Any new comers?
O and D Coordinators are gone, but I think that's not unusual when you hire outside. Hyatt was also unusual by being a Head Coach and not Coordinating any phase of the game. I don't think Puckett will go that route. I have heard that there are 4 or 5 coaches from the old staff that have been at off season workouts.
Old 01-31-18, 06:47 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
who was the D coordinator?
Old 01-31-18, 10:14 AM
All District

Quote:
who was the D coordinator?
Eric Gillespie. He was the other finalist to be Head Coach.
Old 04-16-18, 09:35 AM
All Ohio

Any word on who is coaching the offense and defense at Butler? Is Puckett’s dad coming over from CJ?
Old 04-19-18, 03:09 PM
Varsity

Xfactor99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Eric Gillespie. He was the other finalist to be Head Coach.
I don't think so, heard he is coaching at Beavercreek next year.
Old 04-24-18, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:

The Dam Trophy?? Thatís so funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk