Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-10-18, 06:04 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the old man isn't just dreaming.
Old 01-10-18, 06:09 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Hopefully the old man isn't just dreaming.
I think his semi-reliable source is the one dreaming and will find out that he is incorrect.
Old 01-10-18, 06:53 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Any thoughts on bringing in a minority candidate?

Someone of different culture could really change these boys lifeís around.
Old 01-10-18, 07:36 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Four or five years ago Chris Downing ran the summer conditioning. It was well received and very effective. If the best candidate happens to be a minority I believe people would be fine with it. As far as changing kids lives, you obviously have not been around Louisville lately. These kids are much more rounded than you give them credit. I hope your question was an honest one and not being another massillon pot stirrer.

Last edited by hitme; 01-11-18 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-10-18, 07:48 PM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
I can confirm that that the board is talking about this. The decision to renew or not renew would be speculation as of right now.
Old 01-10-18, 07:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
I can confirm that that the board is talking about this. The decision to renew or not renew would be speculation as of right now.
I heard the same thing...speculation is what they do on here thou...lol
Old 01-10-18, 07:59 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
I heard the same thing...speculation is what they do on here thou...lol
True
Iíve heard a lot of info regarding this subject but in all fairness to those involved Iíll keep it to myself until a decision has been made then we can speculate to our hearts content. Shouldnít be long.
Old 01-10-18, 08:02 PM
All American

Quote:
True
Iíve heard a lot of info regarding this subject but in all fairness to those involved Iíll keep it to myself until a decision has been made then we can speculate to our hearts content. Shouldnít be long.
I enjoy your posts along with Mr. Slippery's. Quality and correct info!
Old 01-11-18, 12:59 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
New school board is in place, OCC talks of expansion, still have 3 open dates on our independent schedule, and football season is 7 months away.

How many sort of true and kinda false rumors can we start?

You and I both know it appears what we discussed awhile ago is materializing. I'll keep it right there!
Old 01-11-18, 01:19 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
The agenda last night was posted.

There were no items listed other than executive session which dealt with employment deals. Which tends to be a time for the BOE to get on same page and see how they are going to move forward. Not always but usually schools will settle a district calendar and supplemental contracts in the February meeting. Guess we gotta stay tuned.
Old 01-11-18, 02:09 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
They appear to have had 2 meetings now to discuss what most people are assuming to be the future of the football program. If they have made a decision on that future is (and if it is a new direction), I could only hope they don't wait one day longer then when the decision is made. If a search is going to take place there is no time to waste. Currently 3 jobs are open in this "area" and like 75 more are posted on the OHSAA site, so if you want a jump on good coaches you can't waste time. Again that is all assuming a change and a BOE/union willing to create a job to bring in a new coach. Outside that you will have same HC or one of his current Assistants leading the charge next year.
Old 01-12-18, 11:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
They appear to have had 2 meetings now to discuss what most people are assuming to be the future of the football program. If they have made a decision on that future is (and if it is a new direction), I could only hope they don't wait one day longer then when the decision is made. If a search is going to take place there is no time to waste. Currently 3 jobs are open in this "area" and like 75 more are posted on the OHSAA site, so if you want a jump on good coaches you can't waste time. Again that is all assuming a change and a BOE/union willing to create a job to bring in a new coach. Outside that you will have same HC or one of his current Assistants leading the charge next year.
IF they decide to not renew, my opinion is that we have no intention of going into an in depth coaching search. I also believe this has been the “thought” from day one. Hence the “no rush” attitude that we’ve taken compared to these other schools that have positions already listed. Everyone knows we have an “ace in the hole” that alleviates the administrative problems of creating a job for an outside candidate.

Last edited by Lynus24; 01-12-18 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Failure to proof read
Old 01-12-18, 12:12 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Alleviates?
Old 01-12-18, 12:20 PM
All American

I should proof read. Iím blaming that on auto correct.
Old 01-21-18, 07:05 PM
Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Four or five years ago Chris Downing ran the summer conditioning. It was well received and very effective. If the best candidate happens to be a minority I believe people would be fine with it. As far as changing kids lives, you obviously have not been around Louisville lately. These kids are much more rounded than you give them credit. I hope your question was an honest one and not being another massillon pot stirrer.
I couldnít help but laugh at this. Cmon man
Old 01-22-18, 12:40 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
I couldnít help but laugh at this. Cmon man
The whole thing was pretty funny. I think the first year Chris gave a pretty good discount to the TD club for the summer program. The next year it went up and actually was more than what most of the assistant coaches make for coaching the entire year, so it was decided not to do it again. This all happened prior to his arrest.

I do believe everyone should get a second chance, but I understand why some would want to keep their distance.
Old 01-23-18, 11:11 AM
All American

2018 schedule looks the same as it did a month ago unless something isn't posted yet. Open weeks of 6-7-8 are getting thin on options in NE Ohio. I'll insert some options of who I think may schedule us those weeks without going to Columbus.

1) Canfield
2) open (will be Hoover)
3) Green
4) Lake
5) Perry
6) open ( Ellet-St.V-Walsh-Ursuline) Mentor Lake Catholic open but 2+ hrs
7) open ( Hoban-St.V-Mooney-Ursuline) again Mentor LC
8) open ( Buchtel-St.V-N.D.C.L-Walsh)
9) Massillon
10) CCC

There are a few others like VASJ that are open and may put us on, but short of what I have listed your looking to really travel. Hoover isn't posted week 2 yet, and their open fed week is 8, but their locked in with Hartley and I don't see how they would get out of it. GlenOak is also open 7 but I would think if that was going to happen it would already be done. Who knows what they are thinking. I'll go ahead and throw Hoban out week 7. Walsh and Ursuline should seriously be considered, both were 2-8 last year playing a touger schedule than ours.
Old 01-23-18, 11:24 AM
Junior Varsity

sbfan10 is on a distinguished road
I have heard South Range is trying to get them in week 7 or 8 but for 1 year only. Any truth to that
Old 01-23-18, 11:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfan10 View Post
I have heard South Range is trying to get them in week 7 or 8 but for 1 year only. Any truth to that
Maybe, I haven’t heard anything about that, but that don’t mean it won’t happen. I guess I never thought Souh Range would be interested in playing us.

After looking at their schedule that might be beneficial for both teams. I like it week 8 at our place.

Last edited by Lynus24; 01-23-18 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-23-18, 11:41 AM
All American

any idea when the "direction" of the program will be put to rest? February BOE meeting maybe?

not pontificating on which way it goes, just want a decision and direction.
Old 01-23-18, 12:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
any idea when the "direction" of the program will be put to rest? February BOE meeting maybe?

not pontificating on which way it goes, just want a decision and direction.
Possibly....without getting myself all worked up...if your looking for change, your probably gonna be disappointed for all the wrong reasons. Iíll keep my mouth shut about why until they actually go public. Unless someone else wants to start the conversation
Old 01-23-18, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Looks like South Range already has Marlington and CCC on the schedule for next year so it sounds like a game with Louisville is possible. If it is really on the table I hope Louisville agrees to it.
Old 01-23-18, 12:06 PM
All District

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
2018 schedule looks the same as it did a month ago unless something isn't posted yet. Open weeks of 6-7-8 are getting thin on options in NE Ohio. I'll insert some options of who I think may schedule us those weeks without going to Columbus.

1) Canfield
2) open (will be Hoover)
3) Green
4) Lake
5) Perry
9) Massillon
10) CCC

There are a few others like VASJ that are open and may put us on, but short of what I have listed your looking to really travel. Hoover isn't posted week 2 yet, and their open fed week is 8, but their locked in with Hartley and I don't see how they would get out of it. GlenOak is also open 7 but I would think if that was going to happen it would already be done. Who knows what they are thinking. I'll go ahead and throw Hoban out week 7. Walsh and Ursuline should seriously be considered, both were 2-8 last year playing a touger schedule than ours.
I've been hearing Stv vs GlenOak week 7 and Stv vs Buchtel week 8 so that will take some of the available teams off the table. Stv and Louisville week 6 would be a nice matchup if they could make it happen.
Old 01-23-18, 12:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post
I've been hearing Stv vs GlenOak week 7 and Stv vs Buchtel week 8 so that will take some of the available teams off the table. Stv and Louisville week 6 would be a nice matchup if they could make it happen.
Copy...well, you wouldnít be my first choice for week 6...take that as a compliment to your program, but who knows, 2 years ago the freshmen played and we did well so itís possible.
Old 01-23-18, 12:48 PM
All American

first and foremost I care that the schedule is filled

Not trying to debate the direction - just wondering if the direction was put to bed.

Hoping the "no league" and questionable direction of program doesn't promote any loss of players. It is surprising that a schedule is not finalized after all this time.
Old 01-23-18, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:

1) Canfield
2) open (will be Hoover)
3) Green
4) Lake
5) Perry
9) Massillon
10) CCC

I'm pretty sure none of those weeks 6-8 are actually open for Walsh, NDCL, Lake Catholic, and Hoban. All 4 schools are in the NCL Blue Division along with Padua and Benedictine, so weeks 6-10 are league games for them. It's a good bet that Walsh is playing Lake Catholic week 6, Hoban is playing Lake Catholic week 7, and Walsh is playing NDCL week 8.
Old 01-23-18, 04:19 PM
All Ohio

The fact the season starts in seven months and the schedule is not completed is disturbing. IMHO. The Louisville adminstration, specifically the AD, is not doing their job. I question the credentials of the new AD. It's the athletic directors job to coordinate with coaches about the scheduling of games. This is not fair to the players. You would think, after the other seven NBC schools announced leaving the league two years ago, scheduling would have been a top priority, with plenty of time in advance to have 2018 solidified. If the intent was never joining the Federal league at the time or any other formulated league possibility.
Old 01-23-18, 04:58 PM
All American

Yeah itís getting real thin, and mr slipperyís responce makes sense. Ursuline and Souh Range should be done for 2 of those three weeks as far as Iím concerned if they would accept. Everything this current administration is doing would be a blueprint on how not to handle a situation like ours. From the inability to do their basic jobs to thinking that a coach that just went 5-5 with an easy schedule, and demolished the points given up record, doesnít tackle in practice, and wonít make an adjustment...will somehow be able to win games this year is mind boggling. He doesnít have the ability to do the job that is required this season.
Old 01-23-18, 09:58 PM
All Ohio

The Canadian teams are always looking...
Old 01-24-18, 08:30 AM
All American

Hopefully there is something in the works

if the silence and lack of real information of what is being done to rectify the league and scheduling situation means that something is being done and they don't want to say anything until it is final then ok,

test of patience for the lep faithful