Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-21-17, 10:15 AM
ene456 ene456 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-13
Posts: 113
ene456 is on a distinguished road
Benedictine 2018

2018 Benedictine Football.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-21-17, 10:25 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Schedule looks something like this>

Sat Aug 25
7:00PM Ursuline High School Bedford High School
Stadium

Unconfirmed>
Sat Sep 1
Afternoon Shaker Heights High School Rupp Field

Fri Sep 7
TBD

Fri Sep 14
7:00PM Cathedral Prep Bedford High School
Stadium

Fri Sep 21
7:00PM Bishop Watterson High School Columbus North International School
Hagely Field

Fri Sep 28
7:00PM Archbishop Hoban High School Archbishop Hoban High School
Dowed Field

Sat Oct 6
1:00PM Notre Dame Cathedral Latin School Bedford High School
Stadium

Sat Oct 13
7:00PM Lake Catholic High School Mentor High School
Jerome T. Osborne Stadium

Fri Oct 19
7:00PM Padua Franciscan High School Padua Franciscan High School
Stadium

Fri Oct 26
7:00PM Walsh Jesuit High School Bedford High School
Stadium
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-17, 10:44 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Schedule gets a slight upgrade with Shaker taking over the Cleveland Heights slot. (Its about time that Shaker get on the Benny schedule seeing it is only a couple miles down Buckeye/South Woodland.) Also like seeing Prep still on the schedule for the next couple years as that is not a bad trip on I-90 for both teams, Prep graduates a lot this year so it should be a more competitive game in 2018. At this time I have no clue what is going with the open week, in a perfect world I would like to see some sort of Div II sized team outside of NEO take this spot. Always liked the Fremont Ross game and would look for that type of team if available. The days of CCC and Holy Name are over with the move to Div II so Marty Hyland needs to keep an eye on manageable computer point games when scheduling in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-22-17, 09:16 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...lion_to_c.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Retired business executive Raymond Smiley and his wife, Eleanor, recently donated $2.8 million to six Catholic high schools in the Cleveland Catholic Diocese, two out-of-state Catholic high schools and two area universities.

The gifts were donated in honor of Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus Roger Gries, who once served as principal at Benedictine High School and who, while serving as Abbot at St. Andrew Abbey in the 1980s, invited Smiley to join the Abbey's Financial Advisory Board.

Smiley, 90, retired in 1992 as chief financial officer at Bearings, Inc. (now Applied Industrial Technologies). He is a 1944 graduate of Holy Name High School and a 1952 graduate of John Carroll University.

The Christmas donations were divided among high schools and colleges that the Smileys' eight children and 20 grandchildren attended. They include Beaumont, Benedictine, Holy Name, Magnificat, Padua Franciscan and St. Ignatius high schools in the Cleveland area; Lexington Catholic in Lexington, Kentucky, and Bishop McGuiness in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

At the university level, donations were made to Notre Dame College and Hiram University.

The Smileys recently completed a $2.5 million gift to John Carroll University to endow a chair in business ethics. They were also instrumental in funding the Academic Support Center for students with learning differences at Notre Dame College.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-17, 08:37 AM
TheRule TheRule is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-15-17
Posts: 23
TheRule is on a distinguished road
Lots and lots of questions going into this season.

I wonder if the Bengals can get some really good play out of some of the to be sophomores like Lorain did last season. I think that there are 4-7 kids on the current freshman team that could contribute next season but the question is is that enough?

Another question is how much will the QB improve next season?

Will D Fox continue to improve and can he be a big playmaker next season?

Will the O and D line have some kids that can give the running game at least a chance every game?

I'm not ready to make a record prediction yet but I think there are too many things that need to go right for Benedictine next year in order to make a serious run into the playoffs.

If I had to guess right now I'd see a very similar record and first round exit like last year but it is way too early to really know yet or make any kind of educated guess even. I have been saying that the future is bright but I just don't think that the future arrives next season but rather in 2019 and 2020 is when I think the future will arrive.

Merry Christmas
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-25-17, 12:23 PM
CleBen CleBen is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-16-08
Posts: 359
CleBen is on a distinguished road
Happy birthday to Jerome Baker on Christmas

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20171...r-jerome-baker


By Tim May
The Columbus Dispatch

Posted Dec 24, 2017 at 4:53 PM
Updated Dec 24, 2017 at 4:53 PM

Forgive Jerome Baker if he might believe that “Happy Birthday To You” is a Christmas song, and that birthday cake is a traditional Christmas treat.

For the Ohio State junior linebacker, it has always been a doubly special day, and it will be again Monday, even if he and the Buckeyes already are in Dallas preparing for Friday night’s Cotton Bowl against Southern California.

“This is my 21st birthday — I’m kind of used to it,” Baker said of the dual celebration. “It is what it is, but I always figured, like, everybody celebrates Christmas, so everybody celebrates my birthday. ... I kind of get delight out of it.”

His mother has the same attitude.

“I’ve always thought of it as a blessing,” Theodora Baker said. “I’ve always thought, ‘Wow, to have a child born on Christmas, it was really special.’ ”

Ohio State linebacker Jerome Baker, right, turns 21 this Christmas Day, but he will be in Dallas preparing for the Cotton Bowl rather than at home with his family.

She and her husband, Jerome Baker Sr., living in Cleveland, already had two older boys and a daughter before Junior came along on Christmas Day 1996. He originally was expected to be a New Year’s Day baby.

“So when I went into labor, I just thought, ‘Wow,’ and when we went in to the hospital the doctor said ‘It looks like you’re going to have this baby on Christmas,’ ” Theodora said. “I just went ‘What?’ So yes, from the start I just thought it was a special blessing.”

Jerome Sr., who worked for a railroad company, was on assignment in New York when word came that Jerome Jr. was on the way.

“I got back in time to be there,” he said.

That Christmas gift came in jumbo size, just over 11 pounds. Since then, the parents agreed, the birthday has only added to the joy of the season — not that their Christmases were ever ordinary.

“When our kids were really young, we used to go visit a different city for Christmas, like Washington, D.C., leaving on, say, the 23rd, and coming back on the 26th,” Theodora said.

Jerome Jr. saw it as normal.

“When I was a kid, I always loved going out of town,” he said. “I like going to new places and feeling like I’m all alone, but having my family with me. That was a lot of fun. That was probably the best Christmas gift for me.”

As he got older, the Bakers started having the Christmas/birthday celebration at home, complete with a cake, family members and friends from the neighborhood.

“Jerome would get a few extra gifts, not a lot, but we would try to make it a little special for him,” Theodora said.

As he grew to be an elite football player at Cleveland Benedictine, the routine changed again.

“I haven’t really celebrated my birthday without a rush since my junior year in high school,” Baker said.

As high-school senior, the family left on Christmas Day to fly down for practice at the U.S. Army All-America Bowl in San Antonio. The past two years at Ohio State, he had been in a rush to get to the Buckeyes’ bowl game, which meant “I leave that night or that morning, so it kind of stinks sometimes.”

But the early departure this year is something new.

“For me it was a little sad to find out it was going to be that way, and he really didn’t say too much,” Theodora said. “So I’m not sure it will really bother him because I know this Cotton Bowl is a big thing. But I have to admit I was a little, ‘Wow, first time he’s not going to be here for Christmas.’ ”

He won’t be forgotten.

“I’ll probably give him a call around midnight,” his mother said. “It’s a special day.”

tmay@dispatch.com

@TIM_MAYsports
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-26-17, 05:01 PM
Metacomet's Avatar
Metacomet Metacomet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-10-04
Location: kent
Posts: 7,791
Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Schedule gets a slight upgrade with Shaker taking over the Cleveland Heights slot. (Its about time that Shaker get on the Benny schedule seeing it is only a couple miles down Buckeye/South Woodland.) Also like seeing Prep still on the schedule for the next couple years as that is not a bad trip on I-90 for both teams, Prep graduates a lot this year so it should be a more competitive game in 2018. At this time I have no clue what is going with the open week, in a perfect world I would like to see some sort of Div II sized team outside of NEO take this spot. Always liked the Fremont Ross game and would look for that type of team if available. The days of CCC and Holy Name are over with the move to Div II so Marty Hyland needs to keep an eye on manageable computer point games when scheduling in the future.
I think Shaker will really be down next year. The Raiders lose their two best players, by far, in QB Jamir Dismukes and WR Micah Hills. Numbers from grades 9 to 11 this year are way down.

I've often wondered why the two schools didn't play more, given their close proximity.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-18, 04:42 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Jerome Baker to enter the NFL Draft: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/st...nter-nfl-draft

Currently he is projected to be a 3rd rounder but I am guessing if he pops as expected some good numbers at the combine he moves into the later part of the 2nd round. tOSU defensive players have stood out this year and that will also help him come April.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-11-18, 06:11 PM
Bennyman Bennyman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-17-03
Posts: 490
Bennyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...lion_to_c.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Retired business executive Raymond Smiley and his wife, Eleanor, recently donated $2.8 million to six Catholic high schools in the Cleveland Catholic Diocese, two out-of-state Catholic high schools and two area universities.

The gifts were donated in honor of Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus Roger Gries, who once served as principal at Benedictine High School and who, while serving as Abbot at St. Andrew Abbey in the 1980s, invited Smiley to join the Abbey's Financial Advisory Board.

Smiley, 90, retired in 1992 as chief financial officer at Bearings, Inc. (now Applied Industrial Technologies). He is a 1944 graduate of Holy Name High School and a 1952 graduate of John Carroll University.

The Christmas donations were divided among high schools and colleges that the Smileys' eight children and 20 grandchildren attended. They include Beaumont, Benedictine, Holy Name, Magnificat, Padua Franciscan and St. Ignatius high schools in the Cleveland area; Lexington Catholic in Lexington, Kentucky, and Bishop McGuiness in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

At the university level, donations were made to Notre Dame College and Hiram University.

The Smileys recently completed a $2.5 million gift to John Carroll University to endow a chair in business ethics. They were also instrumental in funding the Academic Support Center for students with learning differences at Notre Dame College.
Very nice indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-11-18, 06:17 PM
Bennyman Bennyman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-17-03
Posts: 490
Bennyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Jerome Baker to enter the NFL Draft: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/st...nter-nfl-draft

Currently he is projected to be a 3rd rounder but I am guessing if he pops as expected some good numbers at the combine he moves into the later part of the 2nd round. tOSU defensive players have stood out this year and that will also help him come April.
Definitely a "value pick" for someone. High first round athletic ability available in the late 2nd round........don't think he'll last through the mid 2nd....too athletic. In the 3rd, he's an absolute steal.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-16-18, 04:19 PM
TBone 22 TBone 22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-17-12
Location: East Side
Posts: 182
TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Baker should have stayed another season at OSU. He weighs 215lbs. Really small for a LB.
He is quick, but everyone is fast in the NFL. I hope he can make the transition to safety. Jerome needs to work on his man coverage skills to be a factor at the next level.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-17-18, 09:11 AM
ene456 ene456 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-13
Posts: 113
ene456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
Baker should have stayed another season at OSU. He weighs 215lbs. Really small for a LB.
He is quick, but everyone is fast in the NFL. I hope he can make the transition to safety. Jerome needs to work on his man coverage skills to be a factor at the next level.
Easy to say when it is not your body and livelihood on the line. Everyday in college would have been a risk to his future. He needs to take care of his family, and himself financially.

Best of luck, prayers, and lots of support is what this young man deserves from us.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-18, 09:42 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure Jerome gains anything by going back to tOSU. There is a lot of tape on him and he finished the season with some great games, just like any business if you show improvement over the course of time you check a big box on the application. In the NFL the LB position is evolving and Baker could fill the need as a 2nd-3rd down specialist that can cover RBs out of the back field and blitz. He does a great job of supporting the run in college but uses his speed to get around OL as opposed to the NFL where because of their quickness he would have to meet the OL in the hole and shed the block. This is why he is primarily viewed as a 3rd rounder. Also, folks view him in a similar vein as another tOSU LB, Ryan Shazier and could be seen as a fragile player. Great kid too but does he have the physical aspects to be a 3 down LB in the League?

Nonetheless I believe he could be the highest drafted Benny player in the history of the program. Can anyone else confirm where some others that played in the League were drafted. CleBen?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-17-18, 09:51 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Also there is some unconfirmed talk about the open week 2 on the schedule. There is chatter that next year the Bengals will travel to Y-Town to play Mooney on a 1 year deal, then in '19-'20 Cleveland Central Catholic gets back on the schedule. If true why not keep Mooney on the schedule in that spot? Mooney gives you much better opportunities for computer points and was a great Regional Rival for years. CCC is no computer juggernaut and doesn't get many folks excited to go to a game. I hope this is just a rumor and doesn't turn into reality.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-17-18, 05:01 PM
Bennyman Bennyman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-17-03
Posts: 490
Bennyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
Baker should have stayed another season at OSU. He weighs 215lbs. Really small for a LB.
He is quick, but everyone is fast in the NFL. I hope he can make the transition to safety. Jerome needs to work on his man coverage skills to be a factor at the next level.
Transition to safety????? LOL. Dude, get a clue.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-17-18, 05:04 PM
Bennyman Bennyman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-17-03
Posts: 490
Bennyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Also there is some unconfirmed talk about the open week 2 on the schedule. There is chatter that next year the Bengals will travel to Y-Town to play Mooney on a 1 year deal, then in '19-'20 Cleveland Central Catholic gets back on the schedule. If true why not keep Mooney on the schedule in that spot? Mooney gives you much better opportunities for computer points and was a great Regional Rival for years. CCC is no computer juggernaut and doesn't get many folks excited to go to a game. I hope this is just a rumor and doesn't turn into reality.
Mooney? 56-16! Dilly Dilly! I could go for another of those, no doubt. It's always a pleasure to beat the snot out of that team and their knuckle-dragging fans, but it certainly doesn't come around often enough. Loved watching those tools walk out of the stadium at half-time last time we played.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-18-18, 11:32 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Schedule updated 1/20/18>

Sat Aug 25
7:00PM Ursuline High School Bedford High School
Stadium

Unconfirmed>
Sat Sep 1
Afternoon Shaker Heights High School Rupp Field

Unconfirmed>
Sat Sep 8
7:00PM Cardinal Mooney Youngstown State University

Fri Sep 14
7:00PM Cathedral Prep Bedford High School
Stadium

Fri Sep 21
7:00PM Bishop Watterson High School Columbus North International School
Hagely Field

Fri Sep 28
7:00PM Archbishop Hoban High School Archbishop Hoban High School
Dowed Field

Sat Oct 6
1:00PM Notre Dame Cathedral Latin School Bedford High School
Stadium

Sat Oct 13
7:00PM Lake Catholic High School Mentor High School
Jerome T. Osborne Stadium

Fri Oct 19
7:00PM Padua Franciscan High School Padua Franciscan High School
Stadium

Fri Oct 26
7:00PM Walsh Jesuit High School Bedford High School
Stadium
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-19-18, 08:10 AM
ene456 ene456 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-13
Posts: 113
ene456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I'm not sure Jerome gains anything by going back to tOSU. There is a lot of tape on him and he finished the season with some great games, just like any business if you show improvement over the course of time you check a big box on the application. In the NFL the LB position is evolving and Baker could fill the need as a 2nd-3rd down specialist that can cover RBs out of the back field and blitz. He does a great job of supporting the run in college but uses his speed to get around OL as opposed to the NFL where because of their quickness he would have to meet the OL in the hole and shed the block. This is why he is primarily viewed as a 3rd rounder. Also, folks view him in a similar vein as another tOSU LB, Ryan Shazier and could be seen as a fragile player. Great kid too but does he have the physical aspects to be a 3 down LB in the League?

Nonetheless I believe he could be the highest drafted Benny player in the history of the program. Can anyone else confirm where some others that played in the League were drafted. CleBen?
Michael Woods - 1978 NFL Draft 2nd Rd. #52 overall to the Colts, is the Highest a Bengal Alum has been selected to date.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-20-18, 01:30 PM
CleBen CleBen is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-16-08
Posts: 359
CleBen is on a distinguished road
You are correct

Auggie,

ene has the answer...

In the Bengals Roar '17 program, you may have noticed the list of players who have been drafted and played in the AFL and NFL

There's a note at the end of the section that a Benedictine player has been drafted and played in every decade the 1950s to the 2010's.

Michael Roberts is the last player drafted in 2017 but is not listed among the alums who have played in the NFL. I'm sure he saw some game action for Detroit.

The first player drafted was Chuck Noll in 1953 by the Browns in the 20th round. He played on a couple of Cleveland's champlonship teams.

There have been 15 players who have been drafted and 14 (including Roberts) who have played.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-22-18, 09:53 AM
ene456 ene456 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-13
Posts: 113
ene456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBen View Post
Auggie,

ene has the answer...

In the Bengals Roar '17 program, you may have noticed the list of players who have been drafted and played in the AFL and NFL

There's a note at the end of the section that a Benedictine player has been drafted and played in every decade the 1950s to the 2010's.

Michael Roberts is the last player drafted in 2017 but is not listed among the alums who have played in the NFL. I'm sure he saw some game action for Detroit.

The first player drafted was Chuck Noll in 1953 by the Browns in the 20th round. He played on a couple of Cleveland's champlonship teams.

There have been 15 players who have been drafted and 14 (including Roberts) who have played.

CLEBen - Thanks for the info! Can you share the entire list of all NFL Bengal Alums that were drafted?

There are a few that made rosters undrafted as well, correct?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-23-18, 10:50 AM
ene456 ene456 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-13
Posts: 113
ene456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRule View Post
Lots and lots of questions going into this season.

I wonder if the Bengals can get some really good play out of some of the to be sophomores like Lorain did last season. I think that there are 4-7 kids on the current freshman team that could contribute next season but the question is is that enough?

Another question is how much will the QB improve next season?

Will D Fox continue to improve and can he be a big playmaker next season?

Will the O and D line have some kids that can give the running game at least a chance every game?

I'm not ready to make a record prediction yet but I think there are too many things that need to go right for Benedictine next year in order to make a serious run into the playoffs.

If I had to guess right now I'd see a very similar record and first round exit like last year but it is way too early to really know yet or make any kind of educated guess even. I have been saying that the future is bright but I just don't think that the future arrives next season but rather in 2019 and 2020 is when I think the future will arrive.

Merry Christmas
Maybe another 2013?????????????
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-01-18, 03:02 PM
TBone 22 TBone 22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-17-12
Location: East Side
Posts: 182
TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Benedictine needs to find a way to hire Jeff Rotzky as HC. Talk about the potential in winning state championships.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-01-18, 03:29 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,066
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
Benedictine needs to find a way to hire Jeff Rotzky as HC. Talk about the potential in winning state championships.
No way! No matter what anyone says Jeff is about Jeff and that will never go over at a place like Benedictine. He is on his 4th program in how many years for a reason. Also remember Sal? Sal was about Sal and he found his way on I-90 to Lake County in a matter of a couple years. Unsurprisingly he hit the highway there too. See the pattern with these types.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-05-18, 12:06 PM
Bennyman Bennyman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-17-03
Posts: 490
Bennyman
Benedictine alum new Super Bowl champ

Congratulations to Najee Goode of the Eagles (#52), and to his Dad, John, an Eagles (and Benedictine alum) on the victory! Nice story.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-05-18, 06:06 PM
fac974 fac974 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-12-09
Posts: 148
fac974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Coach Schaefer leaving Iowa State heading back to NE Ohio to be the DC of JCU
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-06-18, 08:50 AM
ene456 ene456 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-13
Posts: 113
ene456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
Benedictine needs to find a way to hire Jeff Rotzky as HC. Talk about the potential in winning state championships.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-07-18, 11:53 AM
fac974 fac974 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-12-09
Posts: 148
fac974 is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/bl...gh_school.html

Bengals starting off as an early top 15 team
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-07-18, 12:08 PM
bengals wrestling bengals wrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-15
Location: Brunswick
Posts: 107
bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
It nice that the PD/Cleveland.com are doing football projections, both player and team, BUT IN early February? Last Saturday, Benedictine beat a very good Ignatius team in basketball, and yet not a word by either of them (print or on line).
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-08-18, 10:41 AM
TBone 22 TBone 22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-17-12
Location: East Side
Posts: 182
TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
No way! No matter what anyone says Jeff is about Jeff and that will never go over at a place like Benedictine. He is on his 4th program in how many years for a reason. Also remember Sal? Sal was about Sal and he found his way on I-90 to Lake County in a matter of a couple years. Unsurprisingly he hit the highway there too. See the pattern with these types.
This is 2018. Not 1970. All people today are "for themselves" There will never be another Augie Bossu. Joe Shaefer left for greener pastures. Even Ben Malbasa left Benedictine. Jeff Rotzky would bring his proven methods to Benedictine and win. Time for the "Old Guard" to take a step back. Welcome to the Millennial.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-09-18, 02:12 PM
ene456 ene456 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-13
Posts: 113
ene456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
This is 2018. Not 1970. All people today are "for themselves" There will never be another Augie Bossu. Joe Shaefer left for greener pastures. Even Ben Malbasa left Benedictine. Jeff Rotzky would bring his proven methods to Benedictine and win. Time for the "Old Guard" to take a step back. Welcome to the Millennial.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 258 04-24-18 07:11 AM
Benedictine football alum's inspiring fight against ALS CleBen Football 2 12-15-17 01:51 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
Week 11: Cleveland St. Ignatius v. Massillon Perry perry1480 Football 276 11-04-17 08:15 PM
Challenge Game (9/29): Benedictine (4-1) at Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (5-0) Yappi Football 24 09-30-17 01:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz