Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-05-18, 07:37 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
What percent of the students from that school do you think benefit from that follow-on dilplima? What he posted is correct. The value of the local school diploma is raised or lowered by the actions of those that follow affecting the reputation of the school. It might not mean much in California but it does more locally.

Dear GAWD, one shouldn't have had the experience of triaging resumes to be able to foresee this. Agreeing with DB can be more difficult, but in this case, blind squirrel.
Please stop. Not sure what world you live in but in my business world some high school diploma from ten years ago doesn't mean squat. But hey, if you guys think you can justify it by all means continue on.
Old 01-06-18, 07:56 PM
Freshman

EuclidGhost is on a distinguished road
Strong class coming in

Not sure if there is overlap in these rumors or if they are 3 different players.

1. Bringing in a stud from Aurora.
2. A recruits dad was just hired by the school to oversee the weight room.
3. Had a 7th grader on campus for unofficial visit, since an official visit is illegal.

Urban Meyer could learn a thing or two.
Old 01-07-18, 08:56 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest
What percent of the students from that school do you think benefit from that follow-on dilplima? What he posted is correct. The value of the local school diploma is raised or lowered by the actions of those that follow affecting the reputation of the school. It might not mean much in California but it does more locally.

Dear GAWD, one shouldn't have had the experience of triaging resumes to be able to foresee this. Agreeing with DB can be more difficult, but in this case, blind squirrel.
Please stop. Not sure what world you live in but in my business world some high school diploma from ten years ago doesn't mean squat. But hey, if you guys think you can justify it by all means continue on.
I don't know what you think I was "justifying," I addressed only the comments regards present reputation of a school and how that affects past graduates. Something every school board, public or private is held accountable for.

What happens at those schools today, affects the graduates of yesterday. You would consider your "business world" the norm for most people? Regardless you now have a PhD, what high school did you attend? Let's see if its reputation affects perceptions of you?

If you as big-shot biz owner ( that's what you meant, right) has to triage, let's keep it small, 100 job applications and 50 show from school with not so good reputation but slightly higher GPA and maybe even played football and 50 from school with great reputation, how are you going to triage?

I've no way to know what "world" of business you live in but I suspect (as would be normal) it is a narrow one. Perhaps this is not something within your world. But I suspect you have a place for educational history on your job applications and I suspect those have a "where." When triaging hundreds of job applications, it will be relevant.

Yes in MY real world, the far majority of people looking for jobs are not college graduates. They are not business owners. The far majority of graduates from the far majority of high schools do not fit into those categories. They are local people getting local jobs who depend upon the reputation of their school to uphold.
Old 01-07-18, 09:21 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Dear God nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives a rat's azz about where you went to high school when reviewing resumes. If you believe that I honestly don't know what world you are living in. Surely you aren't serious about this, right?
Old 01-07-18, 09:46 AM
All District

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
So how does it work? Just sign a month to month lease at one of those big aparment complexes on the lake and you are a Euclid resident for the football season? I'm betting this kid graduates with his class at Aurora when the time comes. Rotsky is really expanding his recruiting base with this one. What could possibly be the incentive other than something underhanded to move from Aurora, an excellent school and football program,to go to Euclid?? Why not go to Solon if you aren't happy at Aurora? Anyone know who his top three targets are at QB for next year? Probably needs some help on the O line too.
Old 01-07-18, 09:52 AM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBengal View Post
First, I would love to see Jeff Rotsky at Benedictine, but on a short leash. He does some crazy maneuvers for sure, but the personal, quality time and direction he invests in his players is unique. Like watching hours of game film to bring out the best in his recruits/players. He is an excellent coach and motivator.
Of course you would, he coaches the "catholic" way.
Like every coach in Ohio doesn't spend hours watching game film.
Old 01-07-18, 06:17 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Allegedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidGhost View Post
Euclid football is off to a strong off season. The boys allegedly stole money out of the booster club's concession stand. Then followed that up with clogging the toilets in the boys bathroom, defecating on top and flooding the floor in the bathroom and hallway. All on security cameras.

AD has threaten to close down the building after school to everyone so the wrestling team and basketball teams can't practice.

Other sport teams at Euclid must hold their own fundraisers to pay for coaches and uniforms because the football team has broke the budget. Now they might take away their practice time. Hey I guess if 2-3 kids get a college scholarship and attend 1 semester before flunking out it is worth it. The other hundreds of kids in sports at Euclid don't matter.
All you need to know
Old 01-07-18, 06:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
Not sure if there is overlap in these rumors or if they are 3 different players.

3. Had a 7th grader on campus for unofficial visit, since an official visit is illegal.

You got an axe to grind.So tell us what yours is?
Old 01-07-18, 06:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Sounds like he is going to be getting the boot soon. Who would want to send their kids there with the mercenaries running the school?
Does it sound that way?What makes you think he will get fired due to the dumb punks and the actions of the thug idiot kids he is trying to help.Maybe to no avail.But he tries no less.Not like Euclid was a monestary of value and virginity and Rotsky was brought in with his thug recruits and now this great school has trouble.Plenty of sec.8 trash there whether he coaches at Euclid or not. If they shytt can him for the behavior of the kids(the administration knows he sticks a foot up their azzez for this type of shyte) then they can expect it to only get worse.The bashing here is getting stupid and this thread is getting to be a witch hunt.

Last edited by James x2; 01-07-18 at 06:38 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 01-08-18, 12:24 PM
All Region

Spike9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Current 8th grader from Aurora?
Old 01-10-18, 01:10 PM
Freshman

NEOHSFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike9 View Post
Current 8th grader from Aurora?
Don't think there are any studs in Aurora that left for Euclid. Did lose their only returning lineman to Ravenna.