Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 10-22-17, 05:16 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,949
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
I had picked Southern to win that game.

Yes, that Indian win would have helped EP and your Devils, Kingpin.
Would've helped Springfield and Columbia Station along with McDonald. Can't really complain though, had our win and in and came up 10 seconds short.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 10-23-17, 06:57 AM
bop bop is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 504
bop is on a distinguished road
Lisbon wins and they are home in the playoffs, they lose they travel for the playoffs. I guess not a bad place to be going into week 10 vs your rival. Looking for a rebound this week and a home playoff game!
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 10-23-17, 08:28 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
Lisbon wins and they are home in the playoffs, they lose they travel for the playoffs. I guess not a bad place to be going into week 10 vs your rival. Looking for a rebound this week and a home playoff game!
Nice picture of Coach T in the paper this morning. Congrats on his achievement.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 10-28-17, 04:23 PM
TheRealVille#2 TheRealVille#2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Posts: 3,088
TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
Standings


FINAL STANDINGS

1. East Palestine - 8-2 (7-0)

2. Columbiana - 7-3 (6-1)

3. United - 6-4 (4-3)

-. Lisbon - 6-4 (4-3)

5. Southern - 5-5 (3-4)

6. Toronto - 4-6 (2-5)

7. Wellsville - 3-7 (2-5)

8. Leetonia 0-10 (0-7)

Week 10:Conference Play(10/27/17)
D7 Toronto (4-6) 34 @ D7 Wellsville (3-7) 40
D7 Lisbon (6-4) 33 @ D6 United (6-4) 51
D6 Columbiana (7-3) 22 @ D6 East Palestine (8-2) 31
D7 Leetonia (0-10) 0 @ D6 Southern (5-5) 69
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 10-28-17, 07:07 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for doing the pick'ems.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 01-07-18, 01:22 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch....6-7fe4b5561204


Parker Sherry
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 01-14-18, 07:25 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
http://www.morningjournalnews.com/sp...to-leave-eoac/
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 01-14-18, 07:39 AM
pepperpot pepperpot is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-12-10
Posts: 994
pepperpot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Somewhat shocked that the Red Knights are leaving our league, wonder who will take their place ? Wonder if this has anything with Coach Meek resigning ?
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 01-14-18, 11:54 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,949
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I don't see any immediate options to replace them, they might just have to roll with 7 and play 4 OOL games
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 01-14-18, 12:03 PM
pepperpot pepperpot is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-12-10
Posts: 994
pepperpot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I don't see any immediate options to replace them, they might just have to roll with 7 and play 4 OOL games
Good possibility that this could happen...guess we will have to wait and see !
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 01-14-18, 04:40 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I don't see any immediate options to replace them, they might just have to roll with 7 and play 4 OOL games
I see 3 schools in the picture: Y-town Christian, Minerva and Salem. Odd man out would be C-view, regardless of fit in the AAC and local distaste. Some options, some maybies and one "HELL NO"!
FACT is the EOAC doesn't really need another D7.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 01-14-18, 05:11 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,949
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I can't see anybody but maybe EP and United wanting Salem or Minerva. No way Leetonia, Lisbon, Wellsville, Southern would want them, plus I don't see Salem or Minerva leaving their new league? Much better fit for them. Valley Christian I guess, but they are in the PTC and may be happy with that
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 01-14-18, 05:19 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I can't see anybody but maybe EP and United wanting Salem or Minerva. No way Leetonia, Lisbon, Wellsville, Southern would want them, plus I don't see Salem or Minerva leaving their new league? Much better fit for them. Valley Christian I guess, but they are in the PTC and may be happy with that
Going on the fact that Salem does play I think 4 schools in various sports. They usually get a good gate from those. I know they get a good gate in football from United and especially from EP. Salem and Minerva will be D5 very soon, which puts them as the same as United and EP without the CB.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 01-14-18, 09:08 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,629
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
I see 3 schools in the picture: Y-town Christian, Minerva and Salem. Odd man out would be C-view, regardless of fit in the AAC and local distaste. Some options, some maybies and one "HELL NO"!
FACT is the EOAC doesn't really need another D7.
Do you honestly think a group of schools that kicked out Crestview and South Range would consider Minerva or Salem? I can see a couple schools in the league approving those two. EP being one....but no way they take either of those two. With so many of the EOAC complaining about declining enrollment as the reason for the ITCL breakup I can't see them taking any D5 or higher school. Wouldn't be surprised to see them try to grab Sebring from the MVAC.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 01-15-18, 05:46 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Do you honestly think a group of schools that kicked out Crestview and South Range would consider Minerva or Salem? I can see a couple schools in the league approving those two. EP being one....but no way they take either of those two. With so many of the EOAC complaining about declining enrollment as the reason for the ITCL breakup I can't see them taking any D5 or higher school. Wouldn't be surprised to see them try to grab Sebring from the MVAC.
Stranger things have happened Raider, although I see your point, I would believe options are limited to who applies. Sebring would not be a good choice.

Crestview was booted for other reasons as you know.

EP wasn't the first choice in the EOAC lineup either, I think you are aware of that.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 01-15-18, 06:59 AM
Buckeye96 Buckeye96 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-15-15
Posts: 177
Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Do you honestly think a group of schools that kicked out Crestview and South Range would consider Minerva or Salem? I can see a couple schools in the league approving those two. EP being one....but no way they take either of those two. With so many of the EOAC complaining about declining enrollment as the reason for the ITCL breakup I can't see them taking any D5 or higher school. Wouldn't be surprised to see them try to grab Sebring from the MVAC.
Do not discount the possibility of going with 7 teams. If they cannot vote on a larger school joining, I think EP, & United would rather go without another team just for the mere fact it allows them the opportunity to schedule a D4 or D5 school in football.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 01-15-18, 07:49 AM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 538
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Do you honestly think a group of schools that kicked out Crestview and South Range would consider Minerva or Salem? I can see a couple schools in the league approving those two. EP being one....but no way they take either of those two. With so many of the EOAC complaining about declining enrollment as the reason for the ITCL breakup I can't see them taking any D5 or higher school. Wouldn't be surprised to see them try to grab Sebring from the MVAC.
I've said this as well...it would be closer to the old TCL.

Leetonia, Wellsville, Southern, Lisbon and Columbiana will not approve Salem or Minerva coming into the league.

Sebring would be a good fit based on travel, but like Buckeye said, I would see the league going with 7 teams. It wouldn't be the end of the world.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 01-15-18, 07:52 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
I've said this as well...it would be closer to the old TCL.

Leetonia, Wellsville, Southern, Lisbon and Columbiana will not approve Salem or Minerva coming into the league.

Sebring would be a good fit based on travel, but like Buckeye said, I would see the league going with 7 teams. It wouldn't be the end of the world.
The old TCL had Minerva. Just saying.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 01-15-18, 07:54 AM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 538
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
The old TCL had Minerva. Just saying.
Not that "OLD" TCL. HAHA!

The recent old TCL. Sub in Wellsville for Crestview, add Sebring and it's about the same.
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 01-15-18, 08:29 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
Not that "OLD" TCL. HAHA!

The recent old TCL. Sub in Wellsville for Crestview, add Sebring and it's about the same.
I do not think Sebring would be of any benefit to this league in football.

It will come down to who applies, what the members decide and in the meantime, I still believe that one more will drop out if you remember me saying this when the league started.
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old 01-15-18, 08:51 AM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 538
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
I do not think Sebring would be of any benefit to this league in football.

It will come down to who applies, what the members decide and in the meantime, I still believe that one more will drop out if you remember me saying this when the league started.
Sebring won't help in many sports TBH...just looking at it from a size of school and location point of view.

It's too bad Toronto didn't work out...I really like how they fit into the league, outside of the travel.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 01-15-18, 10:14 AM
Buckeye96 Buckeye96 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-15-15
Posts: 177
Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Adding another team the size of Sebring brings zero stability to the future of this league. Columbiana, Ep, & United ( three largest) needs to realize, although it may not want to, but for the survival future of this league depends on adding schools who can assure that they will be able to field future teams. With shrinking numbers some schools, who are currently in this league, within 2 years may not be able to field teams in some sports. The powers that be may not like it but it's reality, making calls to schools like Salem, Minerva, Beaver & EL may become unavoidable.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 01-15-18, 10:22 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
Adding another team the size of Sebring brings zero stability to the future of this league. Columbiana, Ep, & United ( three largest) needs to realize, although it may not want to, but for the survival future of this league depends on adding schools who can assure that they will be able to field future teams. With shrinking numbers some schools, who are currently in this league, within 2 years may not be able to field teams in some sports. The powers that be may not like it but it's reality, making calls to schools like Salem, Minerva, Beaver & EL may become unavoidable.
I agree, wonder where the vultures are that ate me alive when this was mentioned a few years ago.

It's common sense to think ahead, those schools you mentioned are getting smaller themselves. Example is the Salem girls who are now D3 like United and EP. Minerva and Salem are projected to be D5 in a couple more counts.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 01-15-18, 10:59 AM
Ltownfootball Ltownfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Posts: 117
Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
Personally I think going 7 teams with 4 OOL is the best bet. Allows a team like EP to schedule up for points and some others to do what they please. Granted the league probably won’t go for it because $$$$$$


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 01-15-18, 11:46 AM
Buckeye96 Buckeye96 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-15-15
Posts: 177
Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
This league may have bigger issues than only going with 7 teams, when it comes to $$$, who can guarantee that a school like Leetonia come August decides well we do not have enough to field a team. Then the $$$ issues come into play when you have an open date on your Football schedule. Just using Leetonia as an example.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 01-15-18, 12:17 PM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 538
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
Adding another team the size of Sebring brings zero stability to the future of this league. Columbiana, Ep, & United ( three largest) needs to realize, although it may not want to, but for the survival future of this league depends on adding schools who can assure that they will be able to field future teams. With shrinking numbers some schools, who are currently in this league, within 2 years may not be able to field teams in some sports. The powers that be may not like it but it's reality, making calls to schools like Salem, Minerva, Beaver & EL may become unavoidable.
That might work for some of the teams, but not for Lisbon, Wellsville, Leetonia or Southern. I understand that shrinking numbers is scary for Leetonia, but Lisbon, Wellsville and Southern don't want to be playing Beaver Local, Salem or Minerva. You're talking double the boys in those bigger schools, right?
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 01-15-18, 12:50 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,232
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Boomer old friend, Wellsville does play Beaver Local in football.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 01-15-18, 12:52 PM
Buckeye96 Buckeye96 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-15-15
Posts: 177
Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
That might work for some of the teams, but not for Lisbon, Wellsville, Leetonia or Southern. I understand that shrinking numbers is scary for Leetonia, but Lisbon, Wellsville and Southern don't want to be playing Beaver Local, Salem or Minerva. You're talking double the boys in those bigger schools, right?
Those schools don't want to play them either, Wellsville playing Beaver last year and this year is a head scratcher outside of gate reasons. That's why the three bigger schools need to be thinking of a better option, because no one expects the schools mentioned to ever agree to playing up.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 01-15-18, 12:58 PM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 538
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Boomer old friend, Wellsville does play Beaver Local in football.
I missed that. And you can see why they should never play Beaver Local. 66-6...they will not be competing with BL in the next decade or more.
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 01-15-18, 01:01 PM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 538
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
Those schools don't want to play them either, Wellsville playing Beaver last year and this year is a head scratcher outside of gate reasons. That's why the three bigger schools need to be thinking of a better option, because no one expects the schools mentioned to ever agree to playing up.
I now see your point. The schools who are growing or have the ability to grow need to branch off. I get that.

EP, Columbiana, United, Salem, Minerva & Beaver Local...nice little league there. Add in Crestview, South Range and Springfield...it would be a fun one.

Lisbon, Wellsville, Southern, Leetonia, Western Reserve, Jackson Milton & Sebring...all more comparable. You could still schedule your rivalry games...interesting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL GMC 2017 Thread AJJ5 Football 1231 11-12-17 11:28 AM
EOAC Week 1 thoughts bulldog1974 Football 34 09-01-17 11:20 PM
EOAC Pick'Em 2017 TheRealVille#2 Football 23 08-25-17 04:05 PM
Eastern Ohio Athletic Conference (EOAC) TheRealVille#2 Football 0 08-02-17 06:06 PM
Final Standings for the Suburban League???? Yappi Girls Basketball 0 05-10-17 02:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz