Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-05-18, 06:44 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,124
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Houston
Lordstown
Yellow Springs
Seven Hills
Wellington School
Georgetown
Berlin Hiland
Van Wert Lincolnview
Kinsman Badger
Ripley
Lake Ridge Academy
South Webster
Lynchburg-Clay
Leesburg Fairfield
Felicity-Franklin

...all theoretically could scrounge up a D 7 roster, But in today's environment not sure football is going to grow much. Probably those that are in a community area with youth football would be most likely.
Houston had youth football and they've had talks of a varsity program before but unsure if they still do. Lincolnview, if they cut boys soccer, could easily field a team. They'd probably get a few Van Wert open enrollees if they did.

Theres also Cross County Conference schools like Franklin-Monroe and Newton which might be able to but soccer makes It iffy.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-05-18, 09:26 PM
doverbuck doverbuck is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-04-13
Posts: 618
doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhs22p View Post
Oh I know Hiland will never have football. But just to think how good they could be if they did.
I think a good part of the reason they are strong in basketball is because they don't have football. Talk about open gym,they wear it out. But I think they would be similar to Strasburg by that I mean very respectable in all sports.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-23-18, 03:14 AM
Peterson78 Peterson78 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-07-14
Posts: 58
Peterson78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
I saw Yellow Springs on a list of potentials. They have a decent basketball program. But Yellow Springs is a different kind of town. Not necessarily in a bad way, but just not in a way that football would be able to thrive. They had some players that were good in the 90s and competed here and there, but I seriously doubt a football team will come back around Yellow Springs.
I grew up in Yellow Springs before moving when I entered the military. Moved back about 10 years ago and I enrolled my son into Yellow Springs for academic reasons. Played basketball and baseball and pretty good athlete now playing JUCO ball down in Florida. Was bummed due to there being no football there as he played it in middle school.

The interest is just not there in the community. Parents are against it and the numbers are low. I know there was interest back in 2013 or 2014 when he first entered high school but they were only getting 13-15 kids for workouts and their goal was to get 19. Many parents in the community were concerned with concussions and other injuries. Can't say I blame them, but I would personally never hold my sons out of playing football if they wished to do so. Both of my sons played football, a lot of good life lessons.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-24-18, 05:20 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,124
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson78 View Post
I grew up in Yellow Springs before moving when I entered the military. Moved back about 10 years ago and I enrolled my son into Yellow Springs for academic reasons. Played basketball and baseball and pretty good athlete now playing JUCO ball down in Florida. Was bummed due to there being no football there as he played it in middle school.

The interest is just not there in the community. Parents are against it and the numbers are low. I know there was interest back in 2013 or 2014 when he first entered high school but they were only getting 13-15 kids for workouts and their goal was to get 19. Many parents in the community were concerned with concussions and other injuries. Can't say I blame them, but I would personally never hold my sons out of playing football if they wished to do so. Both of my sons played football, a lot of good life lessons.
Do they still have JH Football?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-12-18, 10:51 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,124
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
Tell me more about Stryker.

Location
Will the stadium be at the school?

Schedule?

I am going to try and work them into my 2018 schedule.
Stryker
08/24 H Holgate
08/31 A Ottawa Lake Whiteford (MI)
09/07 H Delphos Jefferson
09/14 H Ottawa Hills
09/21 A Northwood
09/28 N Oregon Cardinal Stritch
10/05 H Toledo Christian
10/12 H West Unity Hilltop
10/19 A Montpelier
10/26 A Edon
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-13-18, 04:03 AM
nupanther nupanther is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 781
nupanther is on a distinguished road
Does anybody know the school with the largest amount of boys without a football team? Just curious
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-13-18, 11:04 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,132
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Max Hayes in Cleveland, right?

562 enrollment count.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-13-18, 12:31 PM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 147
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Is Oyler in Cincinnati supposed to start a club team?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-13-18, 01:15 PM
bmcphers7 bmcphers7 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-02-13
Posts: 138
bmcphers7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Houston
Lordstown
Yellow Springs
Seven Hills
Wellington School
Georgetown
Berlin Hiland
Van Wert Lincolnview
Kinsman Badger
Ripley
Lake Ridge Academy
South Webster
Lynchburg-Clay
Leesburg Fairfield
Felicity-Franklin

...all theoretically could scrounge up a D 7 roster, But in today's environment not sure football is going to grow much. Probably those that are in a community area with youth football would be most likely.


I never understood why Lordstown never had football. They have the boy population for a team, their in a conference where teams have football. Wouldn't have a problem scheduling teams either, they shouldn't have a problem building a stadium. Or at worst share with Niles, Newton Falls?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-13-18, 04:05 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,132
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcphers7 View Post
I never understood why Lordstown never had football. They have the boy population for a team, their in a conference where teams have football. Wouldn't have a problem scheduling teams either, they shouldn't have a problem building a stadium. Or at worst share with Niles, Newton Falls?
It always seems odd to me that Trumbull County has four public schools without football. Lordstown bring the most obvious. Though I did see a guy in Youngstown wearing a Lordstown Football shirt that said undefeated since xxxx (whatever year it was since the 70s or something).

But the three northern schools surprised me. Badger, Maplewood and Bristol. Father went to Badger. Never thought it was odd even back then. They'd just go to games at Cortland or Brookfield or Warren even.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-13-18, 06:30 PM
Cali_Eagle Cali_Eagle is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-29-16
Posts: 430
Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Max Hayes in Cleveland, right?

562 enrollment count.
Years ago, back in the Class A - AA - AAA days, Max Hayes was the only Class AAA school that didn't field a football team. I have never understood why a school that large didn't have one. I believe Whitney Young is much smaller and yet they have a team. Both are CMSD schools so it makes no sense on the surface of it. (CMSD = Cleveland Metropolitan School District)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-13-18, 09:56 PM
Stow78alum Stow78alum is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-08-10
Posts: 305
Stow78alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
IIRC their land they built their soccer and baseball fields on were offered under a trust that reverts back to the original owners should the school offer football.
I believe Van Wert Lincolnview has a similar problem, according to a former co-worker alum
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-23-18, 02:04 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Posts: 5,739
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
I saw Yellow Springs on a list of potentials. They have a decent basketball program. But Yellow Springs is a different kind of town. Not necessarily in a bad way, but just not in a way that football would be able to thrive. They had some players that were good in the 90s and competed here and there, but I seriously doubt a football team will come back around Yellow Springs.
Agreed, they could have a chess team, weed smoking team, etc... Lol. Home of Dave Chappelle.
YS is too eclectic to field a team. They tried in the past but it was a sad attempt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-23-18, 02:07 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Posts: 5,739
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Houston had youth football and they've had talks of a varsity program before but unsure if they still do. Lincolnview, if they cut boys soccer, could easily field a team. They'd probably get a few Van Wert open enrollees if they did.

Theres also Cross County Conference schools like Franklin-Monroe and Newton which might be able to but soccer makes It iffy.
Newton had a team in the 50s, but a player died and they swore off football then. It's really too small to field both soccer and football.
FM, would be like Tri Village. But FM is a basketball school.
I think CCC will not expand with current members.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-23-18, 04:03 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 523
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
I'm seeing a school called COF Academy showing up on schedules. I think it's a new school in Columbus. Are they going to be good? What division? Will they compete with the Ohio big dogs now or in the future? Any info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-23-18, 04:06 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Posts: 9,706
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Houston
Lordstown
Yellow Springs
Seven Hills
Wellington School
Georgetown
Berlin Hiland
Van Wert Lincolnview
Kinsman Badger
Ripley
Lake Ridge Academy
South Webster
Lynchburg-Clay
Leesburg Fairfield
Felicity-Franklin

...all theoretically could scrounge up a D 7 roster, But in today's environment not sure football is going to grow much. Probably those that are in a community area with youth football would be most likely.
Maplewood (Cortland) certainly could. I believe it's been brought up several times but always shot down.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-23-18, 04:10 PM
hdvhsmgr hdvhsmgr is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-01
Location: Columbus, OH, USA
Posts: 1,411
hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
I'm seeing a school called COF Academy showing up on schedules. I think it's a new school in Columbus. Are they going to be good? What division? Will they compete with the Ohio big dogs now or in the future? Any info is appreciated.
This is really all I can find. https://www.facebook.com/COF-Academy-963617510459840/

It would sound like they're coming out strong with games against Lima Senior, St. Ignatius and Detroit Catholic Central.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-23-18, 04:11 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Posts: 9,706
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcphers7 View Post
I never understood why Lordstown never had football. They have the boy population for a team, their in a conference where teams have football. Wouldn't have a problem scheduling teams either, they shouldn't have a problem building a stadium. Or at worst share with Niles, Newton Falls?
Lord knows that town has the $$$ to build whatever they want.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-23-18, 04:13 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Posts: 9,706
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
It always seems odd to me that Trumbull County has four public schools without football. Lordstown bring the most obvious. Though I did see a guy in Youngstown wearing a Lordstown Football shirt that said undefeated since xxxx (whatever year it was since the 70s or something).

But the three northern schools surprised me. Badger, Maplewood and Bristol. Father went to Badger. Never thought it was odd even back then. They'd just go to games at Cortland or Brookfield or Warren even.
I have nephews from maplewood that wear a similar shirt. They've never had football, so it's kind of a running joke.

if they've never had a team they've never lost.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-23-18, 05:57 PM
Basement Bias Basement Bias is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-14-15
Posts: 128
Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stow78alum View Post
I believe Van Wert Lincolnview has a similar problem, according to a former co-worker alum
That's a shame. They could probably get VW kids easily like the other poster said. Believe they're getting a big payday from the wind farms that could change that.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-23-18, 06:45 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,124
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Newton had a team in the 50s, but a player died and they swore off football then. It's really too small to field both soccer and football.
FM, would be like Tri Village. But FM is a basketball school.
I think CCC will not expand with current members.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That's too bad. Franklin-Monroe and Newton would both have to cut boys soccer just to have football enter the topic of discussion. If the CCC expands again, I'd say it'd be Troy Christian and Preble Shawnee. Dixie would also fit the CCC mold.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-23-18, 07:13 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,124
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
That's a shame. They could probably get VW kids easily like the other poster said. Believe they're getting a big payday from the wind farms that could change that.
They easily would! But, Lincolnview needs to cut boys soccer in order for this to be possible.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-24-18, 12:11 PM
Basement Bias Basement Bias is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-14-15
Posts: 128
Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
They easily would! But, Lincolnview needs to cut boys soccer in order for this to be possible.
Probably, but maybe offer it and see if kids from VW and Parkway come over and increase enrollment. Maybe even a few Delphos and Spencerville kids.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-24-18, 02:59 PM
Blue Jay Fan Blue Jay Fan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-04-03
Location: Delphos
Posts: 885
Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
Probably, but maybe offer it and see if kids from VW and Parkway come over and increase enrollment. Maybe even a few Delphos and Spencerville kids.
Per this Lima News info from 2016, roughly 30% of Lincolnview enrollment is open enrollment kids. They were +143 on OE kids. Van Wert was -283 and Crestview was +55.

http://www.limaohio.com/openenrollment
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-25-18, 02:07 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,019
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Latham Western started a youth league in recent years in hopes of one day fielding a team. I don’t know how well that would work out considering the average graduating class is 20 kids
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-25-18, 07:44 PM
Basement Bias Basement Bias is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-14-15
Posts: 128
Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Per this Lima News info from 2016, roughly 30% of Lincolnview enrollment is open enrollment kids. They were +143 on OE kids. Van Wert was -283 and Crestview was +55.

http://www.limaohio.com/openenrollment
That's without football, how much will it go up if football is added. Im surprised they added wrestling being a basketball school. Sounds like Crestview is finally getting wrestling on the radar with the youth success and mostly bc Bowen will be HS principal instead of AD.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-27-18, 09:56 AM
thereckoning thereckoning is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-17
Posts: 104
thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
That's without football, how much will it go up if football is added. Im surprised they added wrestling being a basketball school. Sounds like Crestview is finally getting wrestling on the radar with the youth success and mostly bc Bowen will be HS principal instead of AD.
It would be neat to see but the school board won't even entertain the idea at Lincolnview. They are currently building a new athletic indoor complex that solidifies soccer, wrestling, basketball, track and baseball (softball) as their sports for the next decade. Their millions have been dumped into making sure these sports have a top notch facility.

As for Crestview, I've heard Bowen (current middle school principal) is in favor of wrestling with their basketball program thriving in numbers regardless of the wrestling interest. With Crestview looking at a new athletic facility like Lincolnview, his quotes have been in the papers on the matters regarding all sports.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-28-18, 08:59 AM
Stark Born & Bred Stark Born & Bred is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-09-14
Posts: 2,277
Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Per this Lima News info from 2016, roughly 30% of Lincolnview enrollment is open enrollment kids. They were +143 on OE kids. Van Wert was -283 and Crestview was +55.

http://www.limaohio.com/openenrollment
To whom does Van Wert lose kids? It seems so isolated. South Bend Central, I assume. Van Wert is out there.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-28-18, 10:23 AM
Basement Bias Basement Bias is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-14-15
Posts: 128
Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
It would be neat to see but the school board won't even entertain the idea at Lincolnview. They are currently building a new athletic indoor complex that solidifies soccer, wrestling, basketball, track and baseball (softball) as their sports for the next decade. Their millions have been dumped into making sure these sports have a top notch facility.

As for Crestview, I've heard Bowen (current middle school principal) is in favor of wrestling with their basketball program thriving in numbers regardless of the wrestling interest. With Crestview looking at a new athletic facility like Lincolnview, his quotes have been in the papers on the matters regarding all sports.
The numbers probably won't strive for long if wrestling takes hold. I've saw personally what happens when wrestling becomes the winter sport of choice. Ive messaged him before the youth club started and got one word, no. I think he's changed his tune with the youth club success in a short time frame. Plus his rumored replacement runs the wrestling club and probably sees the writing on the wall.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-28-18, 01:47 PM
thereckoning thereckoning is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-17
Posts: 104
thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
The numbers probably won't strive for long if wrestling takes hold. I've saw personally what happens when wrestling becomes the winter sport of choice. Ive messaged him before the youth club started and got one word, no. I think he's changed his tune with the youth club success in a short time frame. Plus his rumored replacement runs the wrestling club and probably sees the writing on the wall.
Doesn't a school board member run the wrestling club? Couldn't replace bowen in that case, right?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Benedictine football alum's inspiring fight against ALS CleBen Football 2 12-15-17 01:51 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Week 2: North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards LeopardNation Football 76 09-03-17 07:29 AM
Massillon Football Program: Booster Club DB135 Massillon Tigers 1 08-24-17 09:59 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz