Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-18, 06:37 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Looks like the Bills don't miss TT at all.
Yeah, that came out of nowhere. Had them as the worst team in the league. Guess the Cardinals said "here, hold my beer and watch this" on that one.

As far as this quote (NRTU), it's incorrect:

"Mayfield didn't look significantly better than Tyrod in pre-season play. It could just be a flash-in-the-pan game where a defense was caught off-guard. Obviously have to wait and see how he performs after teams have tape on him."

Mayfield showed enough of a dynamic in the preseason to deserve reps with the #1's. Seriously doubt this was a "flash in the pan" game. He'll have his up's & down's but the Jet's defense is pretty decent.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-18, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
For what it's worth, LONG time Bills fan here with a few comments on Tyrod/Allen:

* Tyrod's performance for the Browns was exactly what most Bill's fans expected it to be. Tyrod is remarkable in that he may be the only QB I know to prove that turnovers aren't everything in football. The guy is careful with the ball which results in him throwing very few INT's and having a decent QB rating. On the other hand the number opportunities he misses downfield are astronomical.

* My guess is that given their recent history the Browns were blinded by Tyrod's ball protection skills and didn't realize an NFL QB has to make plays with his arm. And to be fair Tyrod was only ever going to be a stop gap QB with Cleveland holding the 1st pick.

* Josh Allen is the real deal. I watched a lot of Wyoming games over the last couple of years (late night Saturday TV) and IMO going into the draft only Mayfield was a better prospect and not by much. Allen has physical tools & intangible leadership qualities that can't be coached. Even more importantly though, on those things (mechanics, footwork & reading defenses) where Allen needed work he has demonstrated the ability to be coached and is a quick learner.

* With Shady out yesterday, Allen may have been surrounded by the worst skill position players in the NFL. He had THREE dropped TD passes against Minnesota. Sure, he'll take his lumps this season and he's got a couple of awful games ahead of him but overall I truly believe he will emerge, alongside Baker Mayfield, as one of the two best QB's in this years excellent QB class.

* As an aside, while the Bills have totally messed up their cap situation this year, next year they will be one of the top 3 teams with money to spend and their owner has already said he's spending that money.

* One final note, when was the last time Detroit, Buffalo & Cleveland ALL won football games in the same week?
Old 09-24-18, 10:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
For what it's worth, LONG time Bills fan here with a few comments on Tyrod/Allen:

* Tyrod's performance for the Browns was exactly what most Bill's fans expected it to be. Tyrod is remarkable in that he may be the only QB I know to prove that turnovers aren't everything in football. The guy is careful with the ball which results in him throwing very few INT's and having a decent QB rating. On the other hand the number opportunities he misses downfield are astronomical.

* My guess is that given their recent history the Browns were blinded by Tyrod's ball protection skills and didn't realize an NFL QB has to make plays with his arm. And to be fair Tyrod was only ever going to be a stop gap QB with Cleveland holding the 1st pick.
I'm not even a Bills fan but from all of the stuff I've read from Bills fans, you're in lock step with their opinion. I knew this coming into the season and warned people that they'd be pounding their heads against the wall with all of the missed opportunities with him.

Constantly heard the phrase 'Tyrod's not going to lose you games, but he's not going to win them either."
Old 09-24-18, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Yeah, that came out of nowhere. Had them as the worst team in the league. Guess the Cardinals said "here, hold my beer and watch this" on that one.

As far as this quote (NRTU), it's incorrect:

"Mayfield didn't look significantly better than Tyrod in pre-season play. It could just be a flash-in-the-pan game where a defense was caught off-guard. Obviously have to wait and see how he performs after teams have tape on him."

Mayfield showed enough of a dynamic in the preseason to deserve reps with the #1's. Seriously doubt this was a "flash in the pan" game. He'll have his up's & down's but the Jet's defense is pretty decent.
We'll see about Mayfield. He looked good, but the Jets also didn't/couldn't prepare for him. It reminds of how a lot of rookie pitchers start out with a bang then fizzle out as the book on them develops. I think it's foolish to judge him after a little more than 2 quarters of play.
Old 09-24-18, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
We'll see about Mayfield. He looked good, but the Jets also didn't/couldn't prepare for him. It reminds of how a lot of rookie pitchers start out with a bang then fizzle out as the book on them develops. I think it's foolish to judge him after a little more than 2 quarters of play.
What I saw Thursday was "almost" what I was expecting of him. Was actually expecting more, like a few TD's. With a week and a half to prep, I expect him to fare very well against Oakland.

This guy is on a different level among these rookie QB's.

I expect him to have some hiccups but I don't expect him to play as bad as Darnold did the other night.
Old 09-24-18, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Balderdash.

If he had sucked we all would have been chastising him but he was unbelievealbley good.
Landry believes this is a 40pt/game offense and Baker delivered on that with 20 plus in just seconds more than a half.
Old 09-24-18, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Balderdash.

If he had sucked we all would have been chastising him but he was unbelievealbley good.
Landry believes this is a 40pt/game offense and Baker delivered on that with 20 plus in just seconds more than a half.
I think Landry was a little over optimistic in his early honeymoon phase. They need another weapon at WR to do serious damage. I like the trio of Landry, Callaway & Higgins but Landry is the only one that can be trusted of that group.
Old 09-24-18, 12:17 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Balderdash.

Lol, yeah, Iím sure the browns will average 40 ppg.
Old 09-24-18, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Lol, yeah, I’m sure the browns will average 40 ppg.
He's known for the "reverse jinx." He says things that are so over the top, hoping that the exact opposite will happen, because of his hatred for the Browns. He doesn't believe these things but hopes that by saying them he'll create some kind of bad, or in the Browns case, worse karma.
Old 09-24-18, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
He's known for the "reverse jinx." He says things that are so over the top, hoping that the exact opposite will happen, because of his hatred for the Browns. He doesn't believe these things but hopes that by saying them he'll create some kind of bad, or in the Browns case, worse karma.
Wont work this year because I didn't come out with my annual preseason heaping of praise for the browns.
Even went so far to pick them in the survivor contest I am in.

I am afraid I messed up this year, but with that said the browns will be fighing the bengals for superiority for awhile now.

Finally, after all these years, the browns got it right.

Sad, but true.
Old 09-25-18, 05:48 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
A BIG week for Baker,on the road,first start in the NFL and in the sand pit against my RAIDERS...BAM!