Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-04-14, 07:50 PM
Junior Varsity

DoWork is on a distinguished road
Gmc

First off i never said i taped game i said its on video. Im sure Mr Roberts does video his daughter why wouldnt any parent want film of their kid playing before they go off to play college ball. Think what you want im sure Mr Roberts doesnt mind being accused of being three or four different people on here. Softball is my love and coaching for so many years i just love watching games of good friends kids.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-14, 07:59 PM
All District

DustMan1975 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
First off i never said i taped game i said its on video. Im sure Mr Roberts does video his daughter why wouldnt any parent want film of their kid playing before they go off to play college ball. Think what you want im sure Mr Roberts doesnt mind being accused of being three or four different people on here. Softball is my love and coaching for so many years i just love watching games of good friends kids.
Where can I find the video?
Old 05-04-14, 08:56 PM
Freshman

fast pitch dad is on a distinguished road
Ok people lets get somethings straight i am Ashlynn Roberts dad and im so sick of my friends telling me to read yappi to see who im being accused of being on here. Cant people just get on here and talk about softball instead of accusing every person on here that has a good thing to say about Fairfield, of being me. For the idiots who keep saying we dont live in Fairfield, the people in charge of residency have been to our house not once but twice just to shut everyone up about this issue. Just leave me and my daughter out of all this yappi drama. Im very proud of her and the hard work she has put into this sport since she was ten. If you are a travel ball parent,especially of a pitcher, you know the dedication thats envolved on the kid and the parent. But its all worth it because now she gets to go play college softball for four years and get a degree and the best part its paid for.Now all you people who think you know everything, when you actually know nothing about us, go find someone else to harass and leave us out of you B.S
Old 05-04-14, 09:33 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So the safe call at second cost fairfield the game on friday. If it was such a bad call why didnt the fairfield coach question it? I only saw her leave the dugout one time in the first inning! What a sad life you must live

Jtk
()
Old 05-04-14, 10:54 PM
Freshman

GE_Trojans is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast pitch dad View Post
Ok people lets get somethings straight i am Ashlynn Roberts dad and im so sick of my friends telling me to read yappi to see who im being accused of being on here. Cant people just get on here and talk about softball instead of accusing every person on here that has a good thing to say about Fairfield, of being me. For the idiots who keep saying we dont live in Fairfield, the people in charge of residency have been to our house not once but twice just to shut everyone up about this issue. Just leave me and my daughter out of all this yappi drama. Im very proud of her and the hard work she has put into this sport since she was ten. If you are a travel ball parent,especially of a pitcher, you know the dedication thats envolved on the kid and the parent. But its all worth it because now she gets to go play college softball for four years and get a degree and the best part its paid for.Now all you people who think you know everything, when you actually know nothing about us, go find someone else to harass and leave us out of you B.S
You never get on yappi yet your account was created in 2013?
Old 05-05-14, 07:53 AM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE_Trojans View Post
You never get on yappi yet your account was created in 2013?
Mine was created in 2003. I'm not always posting. What's your point?
Old 05-05-14, 08:54 AM
Varsity

MVD1962 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not a parent of any of girls on team but good friends of a couple. She made the tag it's on film. If that ump has a state game those teams are screwed. They will meet again and it's anyone's game to win
I'd like to thank my Uncle Steve for making the right call out there in the field...see you at graduation!

Seriously, none of this had any affect on the outcome of the game. I do agree we will likely see Fairfield again soon....

Last edited by MVD1962; 05-05-14 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: wrong uncle
Old 05-05-14, 10:23 AM
Freshman

Lester is on a distinguished road
What a thread.
Old 05-05-14, 10:24 AM
Freshman

Sorry for in advance for having a low post number. One day I'll measure up. I've been a helicopter reader on here for some time.
Old 05-05-14, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

Nobody said the call changed the outcome of game just that it was a bad call. Everyone knows high school umps are sketchy some do an ok job most totally suck. All they need to do is be consistent. One inning they call corners the next they won't. I've seen handfuls of missed calls on the bases this year and when home plate umps ask for help on check swings half the times the base ump is day dreaming and isn't even paying attention. I hear the umps totally screwed Centerville when they played Greenville turning a double under the fence into a home run i believe. If they didn't get paid no one could complain but they do get paid and it shouldn't be this bad. Umps during summer ball and college umps aren't near as bad
Old 05-05-14, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
its the same umps for the most part!

jtk
()
Old 05-05-14, 10:25 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVD1962 View Post

I'd like to thank my Uncle Steve for making the right call out there in the field...see you at graduation!

Seriously, none of this had any affect on the outcome of the game. I do agree we will likely see Fairfield again soon....
Best yappi comment in years. I literally did LOL.
Old 05-06-14, 10:28 AM
All District

WaveRider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nobody said the call changed the outcome of game just that it was a bad call. Everyone knows high school umps are sketchy some do an ok job most totally suck. All they need to do is be consistent. One inning they call corners the next they won't. I've seen handfuls of missed calls on the bases this year and when home plate umps ask for help on check swings half the times the base ump is day dreaming and isn't even paying attention. I hear the umps totally screwed Centerville when they played Greenville turning a double under the fence into a home run i believe. If they didn't get paid no one could complain but they do get paid and it shouldn't be this bad. Umps during summer ball and college umps aren't near as bad
Did you attend the Greenville-Centerville game ? My guess is you didnt so maybe you shouldn't comment on it.

Have you ever been a OHSAA Official ?? My guess is you have not, so maybe you shouldn't come on here saying High School Umps are "Sketchy or they totally suck" since you can't speak from experience.
Old 05-06-14, 10:31 AM
All District

WaveRider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast pitch dad View Post
Congrats to your DD for making it to the college ranks, not very many kids get there education payed for so be proud of her and enjoy the next 4 years. Unfortunately the haters on here will always find something or someone to be jellous of.
Old 05-09-14, 07:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

West beats Mason 2-1 so West Mason and Fairfield are all co-champs of the GMC. It was a great year with the three best tems all splitting with each other. No other conference around with this kind of talent congrats to all three champs
Old 05-09-14, 08:47 PM
Varsity

ButlerCountyHoops123 is on a distinguished road
Anybody at the hamilton vs fairfield game? Who pitched for the Indians? Little close
Old 05-09-14, 09:39 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerCountyHoops123 View Post
Anybody at the hamilton vs fairfield game? Who pitched for the Indians? Little close
Ash Roberts for FF Gabby Smith for Hamilton...Hamilton has played pretty good all year with several close games and a BIG W vs. Mason.

Anytime a GMC team is playing each other it is a battle, and the ladies give all they have...
Old 05-09-14, 09:41 PM
Varsity

ButlerCountyHoops123 is on a distinguished road
Hamilton is a pretty good team when Smith is on her game.
Old 05-09-14, 09:48 PM
All Ohio

GMC Wrap Up

WOW, What a season...EAST comes in second with the three way tie at first.
Hamilton holds off Sycamore and Oak Hills to get 3rd!

Lots of wild games this year... Give it a few days and we will go inside the numbers. With the playoffs around the corner look for some GMC teams to go far...
Old 05-09-14, 09:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerCountyHoops123 View Post
Hamilton is a pretty good team when Smith is on her game.
She has to carry them with her bat and with pitching...If she gets in her grove, gets a little help they can play with anyone...
Old 05-10-14, 05:58 AM
Varsity

spearhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
WOW, What a season...EAST comes in second with the three way tie at first.
Hamilton holds off Sycamore and Oak Hills to get 3rd!

Lots of wild games this year... Give it a few days and we will go inside the numbers. With the playoffs around the corner look for some GMC teams to go far...
Uh.... That makes east 4th
Old 05-10-14, 07:49 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
Uh.... That makes east 4th
With the co champ tie and them one game out losing 2X to Mason splitting with FF and WEST I move them up to second from fourth. (It not a tournament its league play...)

Even though I predicted back in the winter a fourth place finish for their efforts they are awarded second in the HSFB Fan final round up.... When the final numbers come in all four will be very close together.

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 05-11-14 at 07:45 AM..
Old 05-10-14, 09:21 AM
Varsity

MVD1962 is on a distinguished road
West played a very good game yesterday. Mason had a few uncharacteristic errors and also had some opportunities to score but too many LOB's. But, give the credit to West and to Ashley Sharp who pitched an excellent game...hit her spots, got the calls, and kept our hitters in check for the most part. Tory Stewart pitched very well too.

I went back to the quote by Do Work early in this thread because it captures the GMC season well...Mason, West and Fairfield have the top pitchers along with the hitting to win the league as he (and most) predicted.

Quote:
Fairfield West and Mason have signed D1 pitchers and at every level pitching is a huge factor. These three teams have good hitters that will reek havoc on the teams with middle of the road pitchers.
Old 05-19-14, 08:24 PM
All Ohio

GMC top is still rolling. Mason, FF, WEST all win tonight.

Oak Hills ends a very good season with a one run loss to Milford (the top team in the ECC)... Oak Hills has had a great season...

That Taylor Wilp is one of the BEST hitters in the GMC....Jackie has to be the coach of the year in the GMC after loosing the talent she had and have such a strong year...IMO...
Old 05-21-14, 12:48 PM
Freshman

T-Wilp is a great kid too. Happy for her success and her next two years are going to be a joy to watch.
Old 05-21-14, 06:37 PM
All District

Wilp is good but East's freshman SS Lewis is as good as it gets. Saw stats today she has 52 hits on the season, that has to be close to a record or be a record already?
Old 05-25-14, 01:55 PM
Junior Varsity

4thperiod is on a distinguished road
Wow! Just heard West went down. Looks like FF may have their hands full next week. I hope FF gets there money's worth with their pitcher and move to the elite 8. I would hate to see them not move on when they handmade their team with some great local talent in cincinnati.
Old 05-30-14, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

ZfishInMason is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thperiod View Post
Wow! Just heard West went down. Looks like FF may have their hands full next week. I hope FF gets there money's worth with their pitcher and move to the elite 8. I would hate to see them not move on when they handmade their team with some great local talent in cincinnati.
Mason 5
Fairfield 0

Wow! Looks like the regional final will be a rematch of last year's contestants, the Comets of Mason vs the Warriors of Lebanon!
Old 05-30-14, 07:05 PM
Junior Varsity

4thperiod is on a distinguished road
Wow! What a great game between Mason and FF. I guess you can move all you want and that doesn't make you a winner. The real question is the grass greener on the other side? Or is it greener where you water it? Maybe more addresses will change next year and teams will get better.
Old 05-30-14, 08:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thperiod View Post
Wow! What a great game between Mason and FF. I guess you can move all you want and that doesn't make you a winner. The real question is the grass greener on the other side? Or is it greener where you water it? Maybe more addresses will change next year and teams will get better.

W.T.H. are you saying....These were with out a doubt the two best teams in the GMC facing off for the third time...(Not to take away from WEST and EAST they are "very good"...and, I would say better than most year in and out...

Comments like yours takes away from the season all these "teams" had... Come on and be happy for the season these ladies had and do not be a D.B...

Sorry to rant, but post like these pisses me off. Step up and come out and say what you really think... If not do us all a favor and do not post dumb crap that these teams recruit or players school hop at will....

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 05-31-14 at 11:35 AM..