Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-28-14, 07:47 PM
Junior Varsity

4thperiod is on a distinguished road
GMC Title..... Who's is it??

I'm going to say I see the lady comets taking it this year!! Had a great scrimmage with the Lebanon lady warriors!! I think Fairfield could also be in the mix! Heard Fairfield got a transfer??
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-14, 09:13 PM
Junior Varsity

DoWork is on a distinguished road
Gmc

East beat Lebanon yesterday in a scrimmage so this could be an interesting year. Mason and West look good but fairfield has a solid defense and a transfer pitcher that throws good and hits even better. Saw them up at scrimmage at Mason. The whole team knocked the cover off the ball. GMC should be fun to watch
Old 03-28-14, 10:56 PM
All District

DustMan1975 is on a distinguished road
Oak hills and lakota east will be better than everyone seems to think. For some reason they have been written off as non factors in a 3 team race for the GMC title. Both lost pitchers but they are teams that know how to win and have some very good hitters. Saw that east has a freshman already committed to a D1.. Will definitely be making a trip to watch her.
Old 03-28-14, 11:43 PM
Freshman

GE_Trojans is on a distinguished road

Interested to see how fairfield uses their pitchers this year. In scrimmages I watched each girl was throwing a complete game.
Old 03-29-14, 05:44 AM
Varsity

MVD1962 is on a distinguished road
I doubt any of the GMC teams have written East off. They have a quality team every year. I think most believe the GMC is a four team race with a much improved league overall.

I think GE Trojans brings up an interesting point about the use of pitchers. Most of the top teams in the league this year have 2 strong pitchers and how they are used (complete games vs. not) will be interesting. I think school ball tends to favor complete games with the number of games played each week. You gotta believe how teams manage this will have an impact.
Old 03-29-14, 10:46 AM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

The freshman from east is verballed to northwestern commit means they have signed letters of intent. A verbal is nothing more than saying I want to go to that school many things can change over the next few years. But Fairfield West and Mason have signed D1 pitchers and at every level pitching is a huge factor. These three teams have good hitters that will reek havoc on the teams with middle of the road pitchers.
Old 03-29-14, 11:08 AM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMan1975 View Post
Oak hills and lakota east will be better than everyone seems to think. For some reason they have been written off as non factors in a 3 team race for the GMC title. Both lost pitchers but they are teams that know how to win and have some very good hitters. Saw that east has a freshman already committed to a D1.. Will definitely be making a trip to watch her.
Oak hills lost three players that contributed 400+ of their 550+ put outs in 2013 They were also a huge part of the 2013 O.

I (like most) think the ball will be put a lot more in play on them in 2014 so the D will be tested more than it has the past two years.

Also gone, is Devan Colbank who was "the fastest player" in the GMC bunting her way to a .500 avg and 30SB 30+RS.

OH still has a very good coach and several younger players that will have to step up big time to compete with the top 4.

If what I was told is true, EAST showed they still have it with a shut out of Lebanon who is a very good hitting team.
So, I would give them the more realistic chance to battle MASON, FF and WEST in the GMC...

MASON in my opinion is a little stronger (but not much) than FF and WEST but it should be pure battles between these three and EAST can be a contender we will see Monday I think they open up at home vs. FF...
FF also gets WEST and Lebanon in week one so they will be tested early...

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 04-03-14 at 05:03 AM..
Old 03-29-14, 01:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE_Trojans View Post

Interested to see how fairfield uses their pitchers this year. In scrimmages I watched each girl was throwing a complete game.
FF has two good ones with 32 varsity wins between them in 2013...

I see Roberts getting the ball vs.the better teams and Hoffert getting her starts vs. the lower teir teams. Both have the ability to complete their starts...
The good thing is, if one struggles there is a back up that has experiance and can get it done...
The addition of Roberts will make FF a top GMC contender however; the play of the other 8 on the field will be improved on D and O this year to go with the top pitching and should allow them more opportunity come playoff time...

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 03-29-14 at 01:21 PM..
Old 03-29-14, 04:24 PM
Freshman

Thanks for the synopsis on Fairfield, Mr. Roberts.
Old 03-29-14, 05:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Thanks for the synopsis on Fairfield, Mr. Roberts.
Ha Ha Ha...

He may reply, however; FF like Mason, WEST, EAST etc will use the arm that gives them the best chance of winning when facing the better teams period (no rotation)...

GE has a lot of returning starters so, they should be able to make as much noise or more than 2013 although; they do have several ladies looking to get into the circle the "GE coaches" will do the same as the other contenders as it relates to starters...

Ther GMC has a lot of talent and better coaching top to bottom in the league than most of the area teams...Its shaping up to be a great spring for the GMC.

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 03-30-14 at 03:31 AM..
Old 03-29-14, 06:53 PM
Freshman

I usually follow GMC for softball because my niece played for a GMC school the last few years. It is a fun league and by far the best in the area. Sorry, GWOC. I have all but given up on GE athletics.
Old 03-29-14, 08:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

The GMC is definitely the best conference in southern Ohio and mite be one of the toughest in the state. Seems like every other year a GMC school makes it far in the tourney. I know East West Mason Colerain and Sycamore have all made trips up north to play in final four over the years. Can't blame ya GE Trojans for following the GMC. Bottom feeders in the GMC would win most other conferences
Old 03-30-14, 04:59 PM
Junior Varsity

4thperiod is on a distinguished road
I really want to see FF new transfer this year. Heard she is a stud that could pitch the WHOLE game and the next day if you wanted her to. I wonder why she moved from colerain??
Old 03-30-14, 08:03 PM
Freshman

Roadtostate is on a distinguished road
FF transfer is pretty good. Has lots of speed, but not a lot of movement. The better teams like East, West, and Mason will be able to catch up with her and won't have much of a problem. They have never had problems against her previously while she was at Colerain.
Old 03-30-14, 08:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

From what I'm hearing Fairfield's pitcher throws hard and has great movement. She beat West and Mason last year with a terrible defense behind her. Also heard she was 2nd in GMC in K's. Just speed alone won't get you to that. Talked to a person who's daughter played with her on the Ohio Classics this past summer and her record was 30 and 5 and that was playing top notch ASA and Premier tourneys. I guess we will all see what she brings to Fairfield this week when real games start. With a defense as good as they have it could be fun to watch
Old 03-30-14, 09:58 PM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtostate View Post
FF transfer is pretty good. Has lots of speed, but not a lot of movement. The better teams like East, West, and Mason will be able to catch up with her and won't have much of a problem. They have never had problems against her previously while she was at Colerain.
no movement?? you clearly have never seen Ash pitch. absolutely stunning.
Old 03-30-14, 10:16 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
no movement?? you clearly have never seen Ash pitch. absolutely stunning.
There he is! Hello, Mr Roberts!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't we hold the talking for now......... We will know a little more tomorrow where everyone stands right? Fairfield faces East who is not as good as they used to be but an above average opponent still.

FWIW, from the last time I saw Roberts pitch, I would agree with Roadtostate's assessment. I wouldn't be shocked to see her have improved either.

If you want to see a hard throwing pitcher with good movement, go see a Bloom Carroll game. That girl is a stud. Roberts is good but she is no stud. People overuse those terms.

Monday Pick Em:

Fairfield at East (I will take FF because of experience in the circle)
Mason at Princeton (Mason)
Hamilton at Colerain (Hamilton)
Sycamore at Oak Hills (Oak Hills)
Old 03-31-14, 12:15 AM
All District

The hoffert girl at Fairfield has beaten east, mason, and west at least once in her career.. I find it funny that people assume she will throw only against lower tier teams just because a faster pitcher has joined the team.
Old 03-31-14, 05:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMan1975 View Post
The hoffert girl at Fairfield has beaten east, mason, and west at least once in her career.. I find it funny that people assume she will throw only against lower tier teams just because a faster pitcher has joined the team.
Hoffert is talented and has been there done that. This gives FF a lot of options in 2014. (Keeping the opposition from scoring is more of a factor than speed).
Roberts bat will most likely help FF more than anything. But, I agree FF has the best pitching combo in the GMC.

EAST vs. FF will be a key match-up to start the season for both schools but Mason is still the team to beat IMO.

Oak Hills vs. Sycamore is another good match up to see who steps up for OH. Same with Colerain vs. Hamilton.
Hamilton should be improved with the return of some injured players and a solid transfer at catcher. Gabby Smith looked very good in the preview games...
Colerain is very young but; athletic and they do have three pitchers that will all see time in the circle (the freshman will most likely see the most time from what I have seen ). It would be nice to start out with a W at home so get it done ladies.

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 04-04-14 at 06:18 PM..
Old 03-31-14, 07:38 AM
Colerain Booster

Quote:
There he is! Hello, Mr Roberts!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't we hold the talking for now......... We will know a little more tomorrow where everyone stands right? Fairfield faces East who is not as good as they used to be but an above average opponent still.

FWIW, from the last time I saw Roberts pitch, I would agree with Roadtostate's assessment. I wouldn't be shocked to see her have improved either.

If you want to see a hard throwing pitcher with good movement, go see a Bloom Carroll game. That girl is a stud. Roberts is good but she is no stud. People overuse those terms.

Monday Pick Em:

Fairfield at East (I will take FF because of experience in the circle)
Mason at Princeton (Mason)
Hamilton at Colerain (Hamilton)
Sycamore at Oak Hills (Oak Hills)
Nope I am not mr Roberts. But I am smart enough to know talent and to say Ash doesn't have movement on her pitches is the most ridiculous thing I have read on yappi in a good long time.
Old 03-31-14, 08:44 AM
Varsity

LHSFAN is on a distinguished road
"If you want to see a hard throwing pitcher with good movement, go see a Bloom Carroll game"

Roberts is a very talented pitcher. That being said, it is not fair to compare any pitcher to Alvelo from Bloom Carroll. She is absolutly in a league of her own.

From top to bottom, the GMC is by far the best conference in southwest OH. The region is very competitive again this year and any one of a handful of teams is good enough to make it to state. It should make for a very entertaining season, if the weather cooperates.
Old 03-31-14, 09:30 AM
Varsity

MVD1962 is on a distinguished road
Wink Bloom Carroll vs. Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSFAN View Post
"If you want to see a hard throwing pitcher with good movement, go see a Bloom Carroll game"

Roberts is a very talented pitcher. That being said, it is not fair to compare any pitcher to Alvelo from Bloom Carroll. She is absolutly in a league of her own.

From top to bottom, the GMC is by far the best conference in southwest OH. The region is very competitive again this year and any one of a handful of teams is good enough to make it to state. It should make for a very entertaining season, if the weather cooperates.
Saturday 04/19/14 Mason vs. Bloom Carroll HS @Mason Varsity Stadium, 11:00AM
Old 03-31-14, 06:47 PM
All Ohio

misstified3134 is on a distinguished road
Sycamore 4, Oak Hills 1
Fairfield 4, Lakota East 0
Hamilton 9, Colerain 2
Old 03-31-14, 09:22 PM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

I hear that the Fairfield ladies played some outstanding defense behind Roberts pitching to shut out East. East is no slouch, gonna be a fun year to watch the GMC
Old 03-31-14, 09:51 PM
Colerain Booster

Roberts has no movement on her pitches.. That's too rich!
Old 03-31-14, 10:25 PM
All District

How does the pitcher for East look? A freshman?
Old 04-01-14, 04:30 AM
Freshman

Lenski is on a distinguished road
Roberts at FF makes a statement with a shutout. Lakota East pitcher is a sophmore and throws well also. Roadtostate, it appears your assumption about Roberts is incorrect. East, a good hitting team, did not have an answer for her. I'm wondering if what you said about her being all speed and no movement is really sour grapes for leaving Colerain.
Old 04-01-14, 07:43 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVD1962 View Post
I think GE Trojans brings up an interesting point about the use of pitchers. Most of the top teams in the league this year have 2 strong pitchers and how they are used (complete games vs. not) will be interesting. I think school ball tends to favor complete games with the number of games played each week. You gotta believe how teams manage this will have an impact.
One of the reasons I like Mason. They could have started the JV team and came away with a win vs. Princeton.
They may have a game or two where they give 2nd teamers a start however; they play every game to win…The starters finish it in 5 with a sound pounding of Princeton… Stewart 5 inn 10k vs. 15 batters way to get out of the gate.

At the spring preview Mason was the only team that worked on getting runners over and in from 3rd in the games I watched (even when they did not need too).
I seen too many teams with runner on 3rd less than 2 outs the runner was left stranded with free swings. In some cases no outs and no attempt to bunt, slap/ drag or hit to the RS...
You only get 20 or so games to get better. If you have a revolving door line up or do not work on game situations all week both D and O can suffer.
Old 04-01-14, 09:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

Heard Colerain had a rough one vs Milford 11-0 in five. Ross slipped past McAuley 2-1 and Fairfield beat Vandalia Butler 9-1. Any other scores to report?
Old 04-05-14, 06:48 PM
Junior Varsity

Gmc

I see Mason dropped two today to DeSales and Ganville.