Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-26-17, 04:07 PM
All Region

Man Up is on a distinguished road
Bazley decommits from Buckeyes

Check out this article from The Cincinnati Enquirer:

Princeton standout Bazley backtracks on Ohio State

http://cin.ci/2q6AaN

Not totally a bad move on his part, you have to check out what else is out there. But clearly something or someone got in this young man's ear. Bucks still may be in play in the end. I really think it's a smart move.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-17, 08:54 PM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Good win for the Buckeyes... he is soft
Old 04-26-17, 09:12 PM
Freshman

footballguy10 is on a distinguished road
Bazley is a great player got to watch him in person one time, someone obviously got this kids attention. Whether that be a higher tier basketball school at this point got his attention or maybe a family member or close friend told him to consider other options. One thing that I think cannot happen, is Ohio State basketball cannot let the best players in this state go somewhere else. We need to get back to the older days when we got guys like Sullinger and Jamar Butler. Kennard snuck out of Ohio and now Bazley is decommiting. Thank god we still have Wesson. Ohio State basketball just needs some help at this point or else we are going to continue to see poor seasons in these next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-17, 07:48 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
I agree. Saw him at FFTH. Probably the skinniest kid at the whole showcase. Had 2 points at half and finished with 11. Now they did play a power team out of Georgia but he didn't impress me. Only averaged 11 points on the year...
Old 04-27-17, 05:26 PM
All District

satriani is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
I usually don't agree with you but that's the same thing I noticed watching him play. If the Buckeyes could land Jerome Hunter that would be a big upgrade in my opinion.
Old 04-27-17, 07:20 PM
All District

hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
As soon as Bazley decommitted, Ohio State started chasing Pete Nance, who is the #1 ranked 2018 recruit out of Ohio by a couple of publications and in the op 5 or 10 of most. Nance is a 6-8 point forward. His father was an NBA all star, his brother is in the NBA now and he has a chance to get there too. If Ohio State can land him that would be a heck of a get for Thad.
Old 04-27-17, 07:29 PM
All District

hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
Bazley is a great player got to watch him in person one time, someone obviously got this kids attention. Whether that be a higher tier basketball school at this point got his attention or maybe a family member or close friend told him to consider other options. One thing that I think cannot happen, is Ohio State basketball cannot let the best players in this state go somewhere else. We need to get back to the older days when we got guys like Sullinger and Jamar Butler. Kennard snuck out of Ohio and now Bazley is decommiting. Thank god we still have Wesson. Ohio State basketball just needs some help at this point or else we are going to continue to see poor seasons in these next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted some got away but Ohio State has been getting top in state recruits for the last two or three years. Ohio State got Derek Funderburke and Micah Potter last year, Wesson this year and still have commits from Dane Goodwin and Justin Ahrens in 2018. And they are chasing Pete Nance and Jerome Hunter to replace Bazley. All of those players were or are ranked in the top 5-10 players in Ohio in their class.
Old 04-28-17, 07:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs1717 View Post
Granted some got away but Ohio State has been getting top in state recruits for the last two or three years. Ohio State got Derek Funderburke and Micah Potter last year, Wesson this year and still have commits from Dane Goodwin and Justin Ahrens in 2018. And they are chasing Pete Nance and Jerome Hunter to replace Bazley. All of those players were or are ranked in the top 5-10 players in Ohio in their class.
Agree, FWIW Bazley and Nance are very good players but do not like the physicality of the game. That may be a problem in the Big 10. Conversely, Goodwin, Hunter and Ahrens are skilled and physical and willing to mix it up down low. Those three also have that dog in them, the one you hate as an opponent but wish they were on your team. These guys are all good obviously but the ones that show the mental toughness to fight through adversity and continue to compete hard, even when they personally may not be having a great game, are even more valuable. I see that in Goodwin and Hunter the most. Love those guy's games.
Old 04-29-17, 11:04 AM
Freshman

gogirl87 is on a distinguished road
saw him play 2 gmc games... not good and not in any way ready for the Big Ten, no intensity, weak handle, doesnt shoot it and gets outworked on the boards..... Way overrated

i am not sure it wasnt a 'decommit" from Ohio State...."we will honor our offer BUT you are not ready to play here and will sit on the bench" discussion AND the kid gets to save face with his friends and family..
Old 04-30-17, 09:41 AM
All District

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12penguins View Post
o matter the true reason, a great idea for the young man. Matta has not made any accept Evan Turner a better player during his OSU tenure. No reason to go there if you have nba aspirations.
Your sentence structure and total ignorance of the rules of the English language make your whole statement irrelevant. With that said, do some research on Thad's career at TOSU and get back to us. I am not a fan of Thad, but nevertheless he has produced:

Jared Sullinger
Daequan Cook
Michael Redd
Kosta Koufus
BJ Mullens
Greg Oden
Michael Conley

I am sure there are others and I will admit there aren't many NBA superstars there, but Coach Matta got them there. It is up to the player to work hard and stay there.
Old 04-30-17, 06:13 PM
All District

Interesting comments here

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Artic...Bazle-52568548
Old 04-30-17, 08:18 PM
All District

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by satriani View Post
With the talent he "thinks" he has it sounds like a one-and-done at Kentucky will be the place to him. I give him 1 semester in his new school and he and his attitude will just be a bad memory.
Old 05-01-17, 11:36 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Michael Redd was gone from Ohio State 4 years before Thad got there.
Old 05-02-17, 08:56 AM
Varsity

CincyHShoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12penguins View Post
None of whom were a significantly better the day the left OSU than the day they arrived.

Sullinger didn't get significantly better? Conley? This is kinda crazy.

Anyway, this is becoming a worse and worse look for Bazley