Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Yappi Polls

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: What is the best TV show that was set in Ohio?
3rd Rock from the Sun 2 6.67%
Clarissa Explains It All 2 6.67%
Ed 0 0%
Family Ties 4 13.33%
Glee 0 0%
Hope & Faith 0 0%
Hot in Cleveland 2 6.67%
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman 0 0%
The Drew Carey Show 8 26.67%
WKRP in Cincinnati 11 36.67%
Other 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-18-18, 02:19 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 50,997
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Best TV Show set in Ohio?

What is the best TV show that was set in Ohio?

3rd Rock from the Sun
Clarissa Explains It All
Ed
Family Ties
Glee
Hope & Faith
Hot in Cleveland
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
The Drew Carey Show
WKRP in Cincinnati
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-18-18, 05:36 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 4,034
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I think I heard Leave it to Beaver was set in Shaker Heights?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-18, 08:13 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,373
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I think I heard Leave it to Beaver was set in Shaker Heights?
Always thought they were in Cali. somewhere. I don't recall a state ever being mentioned however.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-18, 01:23 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Fan of Eagle
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,110
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Don't want to claim that show. Dirtiest thing ever said on network TV was said on that show.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-18, 06:23 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,373
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Don't want to claim that show. Dirtiest thing ever said on network TV was said on that show.
Something to do with Ward and the Beaver right?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-18, 10:06 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,149
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Got to be DREW baby...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-25-18, 04:34 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,205
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
I was a fan of WKRP, but I liked Drew Carey more, and Joe Walsh!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-30-18, 04:19 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,164
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I was watching an episode from the Twilight Zone "Nick in Time" and it was set in the town of Ridgeview Ohio. This Ridgeview though was a suburb of Dayton as Dayton was mentioned in the episode. William Shatner stared in this one.

From IMDB:

Storyline
"Don and Pat Carter are on their honeymoon when their car breaks down in the small town of Ridgeview, Ohio. They have a few hours to spare while their car is being repaired and spend time in the diner. There they find a fortune-telling machine, a game where you can ask a question and for a penny will spit out an innocuous answer. When the machine apparently begins to predict events - Don's promotion at work, a near accident on the street outside - a superstitious Don becomes infatuated with the device threatening his marriage and his future with Pat. "

Written by garykmcd
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-18, 08:02 AM
MontetheCarlo MontetheCarlo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-20-08
Posts: 6,408
MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I was watching an episode from the Twilight Zone "Nick in Time" and it was set in the town of Ridgeview Ohio. This Ridgeview though was a suburb of Dayton as Dayton was mentioned in the episode. William Shatner stared in this one.

From IMDB:

Storyline
"Don and Pat Carter are on their honeymoon when their car breaks down in the small town of Ridgeview, Ohio. They have a few hours to spare while their car is being repaired and spend time in the diner. There they find a fortune-telling machine, a game where you can ask a question and for a penny will spit out an innocuous answer. When the machine apparently begins to predict events - Don's promotion at work, a near accident on the street outside - a superstitious Don becomes infatuated with the device threatening his marriage and his future with Pat. "

Written by garykmcd
The actress in that episode was Art Modell's old lady.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
College Players of The Week - Michigan / Ohio area (04/03) - seclmw Baseball 2 04-03-18 07:21 PM
Ironman bdhof Wrestling 120 12-11-17 09:15 PM
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team 2018-2020 Ohio TofC Wrestling 11 10-15-17 10:51 PM
17u Ohio Force Looking to set up Individual Tryouts MUOhio Baseball 5 08-21-17 09:54 AM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz